Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #1651
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hello all my Dis Friends!

I am sorry I haven't responded to everybody in the last day or so. As you can imagine, work is a little scattered right now. My boss did all of his own typing, copying, etc. while I was away but left copies of everything on my desk. In order to see what's gone on the last week, I've been trying to read everything.

I'm still uploading pictures to photobucket. I do them 20 at a time because for some reason the bulk uploader isn't working.

I think I may have some sort of fever because we are thinking about doing a cruise next year. I checked out some prices this morning. We could do a 7 day Caribbean cruise leaving from New Orleans with stops in Belize and two other places that I can't remember right now. The cost for the three of us would be just over $2,300.00 but I'd have to pay extra for the day excursions. We have always wanted to go to Belize and a cruise seems like a good way to get there. The only problem is there are 3 days of nothing but "fun at sea". I don't know if we could handle that. I gotta be doing something and I don't know if I'd like the "fun" they offer on the ship.

Who knows?!? The fever will probably subside and we'll head back to Disney again. I've already priced out next year's vacation on the Disney site. It's only $300.00 more than this year and that's without any kind of promos or special offers.

I need to post Lacey's graduation pictures for ya'll to see. Let me see if I can find them on the photobucket site and I'll post them here.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #1652
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

So glad you are back. It is so busy getting the desk back in order. I would love to see Lacey's pictures. I will find cruise pics so I can keep the dream alive. But you did get good prices for Disney next year.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #1653
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm waitin' on the boss to get off the phone so I've got a few minutes. I thought I'd post pictures of some deer that were in our yard a couple of weeks ago. I was letting Oddball out in the morning and looked down by the fence to see these guys eating pears that had fallen off the tree. One of them had some big horns:

And, then they heard or smelled me (or both) and off they went:

Old 08-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #1654
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

How cool are those. My brother in law who lives in the deep country has those sports cameras set up all over. He is supposed to email me the 8 point buck pic he got last week. If he can figure out out to attach a file. Don walked him thru it last Sunday when he was here but he can't talk and be on internet at the same time. I'm telling you he lives in no man's land. I'm going to tell his sis to go over and show him how. She just lives a stone's throw from him. But of course with school back in session I don't know where she will find the time. She is the grade school principal.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 08-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #1655
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Last year, we had an eight point in the yard eating apples. One of his horns was pointing down and the other was pointing up. It was the weirdest thing ever. We can stand in our bedroom and look out the window to see the deer. Year before last, we were up late watching a movie and we were all getting ready for bed. John looked out the window to see not one, not two, not three, not four, not five.......but......11 deer in the yard. There were some walking around and even some lying down underneath our fruit trees. I almost had a fit. There were little spotted babies all the way up to bucks. It was amazing!

Old 08-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #1656
bballbabe
Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

Here's a funny deer story for you all. My sister came home one night after having a few drinks, came in the house and announced see had just seen someone run through our yard with white pants on. My parents called the police and nothing was found. The next day we went out in the yard and noticed the deer tracks in the snow. My sister then realized see must have seen a white tailed deer from behind.

10 of us together and whose taking bets on when the bus will get here!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post32677458
Old 08-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #1657
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
Here's a funny deer story for you all. My sister came home one night after having a few drinks, came in the house and announced see had just seen someone run through our yard with white pants on. My parents called the police and nothing was found. The next day we went out in the yard and noticed the deer tracks in the snow. My sister then realized see must have seen a white tailed deer from behind.
How funny is that?!

Old 08-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #1658
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

That is too funny, man vs deer. Geesh Lisa if we had 11 in our small back yard they would be on my deck wanting in. We live in a regular subdivision in the country with about 100 houses and a 6 ft privacy fence. We had a deer get in our back yard last winter and couldn't figure out how to get out. Poor thing. Luckily our gates lock from the outside so Don unlocked the gate so it could go thru. We had 3/4 of an acre at our old house in town and had lots of deer. We lived on the very edge of town. We just don't get that many now because we are so close to the airport I think. The noise scares them off. We do have a pond (they call it a lake, but it's not) on the next street over and have tons of geese that stay year long.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #1659
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!

We live in a subdivision, but it is woodsy at the same time. There are always deer in our yard. As a matter of fact, one year they ate all of my flowers. I was ticked! I paid good money for the "deer food".

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 08-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #1660
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Ginny, we have a "lake" in our backyard. Yep, you guessed it, (it's really a pond). Why do they want to call it a "Lake?"

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 08-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #1661
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mickeystoontown;33211751]Hello all my Dis Friends!
I think I may have some sort of fever because we are thinking about doing a cruise next year. I checked out some prices this morning. We could do a 7 day Caribbean cruise leaving from New Orleans with stops in Belize and two other places that I can't remember right now. The cost for the three of us would be just over $2,300.00 but I'd have to pay extra for the day excursions. We have always wanted to go to Belize and a cruise seems like a good way to get there. The only problem is there are 3 days of nothing but "fun at sea". I don't know if we could handle that. I gotta be doing something and I don't know if I'd like the "fun" they offer on the ship.
QUOTE]

A cruise IS fun!!! any your "fun" days at sea are alot of fun...the ships are soooo big you can ALWAYS find something to do!!! it is only as boring as you make it...OH! that is what we were doing with Danny's bonus this year also...we are getting passports so we can go on last minute cruises. Some friends are planning to go the day after thanksgiving out of Mobile for four days it is only $300 something a person...mom and dad always go on quick trips and long trips like your Belize one. They are going on a 9 day in December.

We have deer all the time, Danny feeds them corn. Last year we had a mom and baby; and than just a baby. anyway Danny said about a month ago there was a dead young deer in the ditch on the property next door (13ac heavily wooded) looked like she had been hit. The most we've seen at one time was 7. rarely do we see bucks they usually sense us before we can get a really good look!!!It is always so exciting. Last year when we had that freak snow storm we had a beautiful red fox chase a rabbit across the snow it was sad, exciting, and beautiful to see all at the same time.

Oh! BTW Lisa check out the red letter additon in my siggie...
and ALL are invited...DONT be a lurker join us for some fun!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #1662
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=longing2Batdisney;33213078]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hello all my Dis Friends!
QUOTE]

A cruise IS fun!!! any your "fun" days at sea are alot of fun...the ships are soooo big you can ALWAYS find something to do!!! it is only as boring as you make it...OH! that is what we were doing with Danny's bonus this year also...we are getting passports so we can go on last minute cruises. Some friends are planning to go the day after thanksgiving out of Mobile for four days it is only $300 something a person...mom and dad always go on quick trips and long trips like your Belize one. They are going on a 9 day in December.

We have deer all the time, Danny feeds them corn. Last year we had a mom and baby; and than just a baby. anyway Danny said about a month ago there was a dead young deer in the ditch on the property next door (13ac heavily wooded) looked like she had been hit. The most we've seen at one time was 7. rarely do we see bucks they usually sense us before we can get a really good look!!!It is always so exciting. Last year when we had that freak snow storm we had a beautiful red fox chase a rabbit across the snow it was sad, exciting, and beautiful to see all at the same time.

Oh! BTW Lisa check out the red letter additon in my siggie...
and ALL are invited...DONT be a lurker join us for some fun!!!
I think we girls should plan a girls only cruise either out of Mobile or NO. It would be close for all of you. Long drive for me. But you are all worth it. We would have such fun. We don't need no MEN! Everyone does need a passport and mine expires soon. So I must work on it anyway. Ok, now back to the real world. You all are just like me. Can't go without the DH's and those wonderful children.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #1663
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've never really been one of those women who went on a "girls only" trip. I know I'd feel so guilty for leaving John and Hunter at home while I was out having fun. But, if I were going to do it, I'd love to do it with my Dis buddies.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #1664
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I forgot to tell ya'll that Hunter had his "second" first day of school today. You'll remember that I took him yesterday and he wasn't even supposed to go...just 7th and 8th graders...no 6th graders. I swear I felt like the stupidest mother in the world.

Anyway, he called about 3:30 to tell me that he had a great day at school. He has a couple of classes with some of his friends from his elementary school. I know that he won't have a problem making new friends in his other classes 'cause he is a talker/people person just like his Mama.

I forgot to ask him how lunch went. He has always taken his lunch because he's a super picky eater. He didn't know if it would be "uncool" to take his lunch box so we stuffed it in his backpack. He was going to scope out the cafeteria and see if anybody else brought their lunch. I sent him with lunch money just in case he decided he wanted to actually eat something from the cafeteria.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #1665
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I've never really been one of those women who went on a "girls only" trip. I know I'd feel so guilty for leaving John and Hunter at home while I was out having fun. But, if I were going to do it, I'd love to do it with my Dis buddies.
I wouldn't have done it at your age either. Now I'm old I do whatever. But I would love to do it with my Dis friends for sure.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: