Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #1576
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I finished up my trip report over on the Intercot boards and have gotten quite a few very nice replies. Thought ya'll might want to check out post number 308 of this link: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...156571&page=16.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn but those poor babies over there should really come on over to the Disboards. They'd have the time of their lives.
Just goes to show you there are nice people everywhere. We don't have a monopoly on them here. But they would really like it here. I had been following your report there all along just to compare. My bad.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #1577
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Lisa won't toot her own horn so I will do it for her. This is a real compliment.

Quote:
I am sure that this will go down in Intercot history as one of the best Trip Reports ever compiled...not only for the wonderful content and personal investment, but for the way that it has attracted so many people to read and participate!

At the time that I am posting this reply, your Trip Report has 306 replies and over 11,000 views! With the exception of the "sticky" threads (which I don't think count) there is only one other thread on any of the boards that has more replies and views...and that thread is "Jorts".

Congratulations and THANK YOU!
Love the Jorts comment.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #1578
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

That's so funny that Intercot deleted some of your posts. What a seriously nice reply from that poster. Funny that the only other thread with more posts is the "JORTS" thread!

Hey, I wonder how the boss' sister is gonna react to your ghosts, Lisa?

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 08-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #1579
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Hey, Ginny! We must have been posting at the same time. Funny how we both noticed the JORTS comment!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 08-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #1580
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Hey, Ginny! We must have been posting at the same time. Funny how we both noticed the JORTS comment!
Cause great minds think alike?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #1581
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hey Mel, Dollywood has one like that it's called the MINE (I think).
Hmmm, I'll have to check that out. I hope Mitchell is tall enough for it!

Old 08-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #1582
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Cause great minds think alike?
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, too!!!

Yep, those great minds at work again.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #1583
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just goes to show you there are nice people everywhere. We don't have a monopoly on them here. But they would really like it here. I had been following your report there all along just to compare. My bad.
I have to delete a lot of the details from my Intercot report. Too bad because some of it was the funny stuff.

Quote:
Lisa won't toot her own horn so I will do it for her. This is a real compliment.

Love the Jorts comment.

Ginny
I thought it was a compliment too. I just feel bad for them 'cause they truly don't know what they are missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
That's so funny that Intercot deleted some of your posts. What a seriously nice reply from that poster. Funny that the only other thread with more posts is the "JORTS" thread!

Hey, I wonder how the boss' sister is gonna react to your ghosts, Lisa?
You know the stuff they deleted? John's visit with Pocahontas and the "I gotta pee" moment. Why oh why are those two things so bad?

The sister used to have an art gallery here in this building. I don't think it was a real art gallery. I think she just hung up her paintings and had an open house every once in a while. Certainly not long enough to get acquainted with the ghosties.

Speaking of ghosties, the smoke smell has been killing me! They seriously need to break their smoking habit.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #1584
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Lisa - have a blast! Not much longer! Less than 2 hours - WOOHOO!!!

Have fun, drive safe, be safe & watch out for fingernails & scooters!

We'll all be here patiently waiting for a new trip report with another amusing title I'm sure!

-Jen
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Old 08-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #1585
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Speaking of ghosties, the smoke smell has been killing me! They seriously need to break their smoking habit.

Make em a NO SMOKING sign and see what happens.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #1587
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I might go post mine over there and see what makes it and what doesn't. LOL!
I thought of doing that but I bet most of my pictures would get blacked out. and probably a lot of my posts. Gotta keep it lively you know.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #1588
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
Lisa - have a blast! Not much longer! Less than 2 hours - WOOHOO!!!

Have fun, drive safe, be safe & watch out for fingernails & scooters!

We'll all be here patiently waiting for a new trip report with another amusing title I'm sure!

-Jen
I'm gonna be on the watch for anything that moves on wheels and anybody who has even remotely long fingernails!

Quote:
Make em a NO SMOKING sign and see what happens.
I've said...out loud...."would you please quit smoking! It makes my head hurt." The response? More smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I might go post mine over there and see what makes it and what doesn't. LOL!
Quote:
I thought of doing that but I bet most of my pictures would get blacked out. and probably a lot of my posts. Gotta keep it lively you know.
Ya'll should! It'd be interesting to see what makes it and what gets deleted. I almost think it's not worth it though because hardly anybody actually responds which is the best part to me.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #1589
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okay, all of my deadlines are met but I have one lady who was supposed to be here about 20 minutes ago to look over her divorce papers. She better get here in a hurry 'cause if she wants changes, I've gotta make them quick! I only have 45 minutes of my work day left and the road is calling me.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #1590
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Okay, all of my deadlines are met but I have one lady who was supposed to be here about 20 minutes ago to look over her divorce papers. She better get here in a hurry 'cause if she wants changes, I've gotta make them quick! I only have 45 minutes of my work day left and the road is calling me.
She better get a move on or Sis is going to have to do it tomorrow. I honestly think I am more excited for your trip than I was mine. No, I'm wrong. But it is really close. Have a really good time and if you post nothing else today we understand. Tell John he better drive careful. He has our friend in the car.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: