Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #1561
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I intend to! I'll come back with lots of pictures of the Caribbean Beach Resort and make you doubt your choice of booking Port Orleans. Just kidding....you know the inner struggles I had when I booked something else.

I do doubt my choice everyday! Especially when DS says - I don't know why we can't just go back to CBR - everyday!

I don't think I told you my latest. . . I cut back the POR free dining trip to 6 nights and added on 2 nights room only at OKW!! So maybe OKW will be similar enough to CBR for DS (and the rest of us!)!

Anyway, have a great time at WDW and CBR. I am looking forward to your CBR report and pictures!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #1562
rpbear
DIS Veteran

I am only on page 8 but this is a wonderful trip report. I am on my lunch break with my door closed and read about the tooth and nearly fell our of my chair laughing. People walking by probably wondered why I was sitting in my office laughing so hard. I can't wait to read more of the TR.

Lucy

It has been too long since the last trip. Adding a ticker finally for my next trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #1563
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa,

4 hours and 20 minutes!!!

Just thought you'd like to know.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #1564
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Don't make me doubt MY choice of POR. I'm already doubting it (even though I know we love POR) because the rest of my family is staying there...wait, did I say that out loud. Oops.

The good news is, we have 5, so we HAVE to have the Bayou. I'm hoping my brother and my parents get the mansions. I know. I'm awful.

If I could get to Monroe by 5:00, I'd ride on top.

There were a few of "you" on FB, so I waited until I looked at Connie's friend list before I sent you a request. So I knew I'd have the right one.

Only 6 hours and 15 minutes to go (assuming you are on Central Time...which I think you are)!
If we were to stay at Port Orleans, we'd want to stay in the bayou section too. But, the mansions are gorgeous. Maybe one day we'll switch resorts.

Yeah, I've gotta get Lacey to upload some pictures on Facebook. I am soooo not able to do those kinda things.

I'm countin' down the hours and minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
Hey Lisa - I'm excited your leaving today because that means I leave tomorrow! YIPPEE! A little sad that we aren't leaving today too - since that was our original plans, but I'll be happy that we are staying an extra day on the other end once we get there. I posted in my pre-trip report that I got my nails and toes done last night instead of tonight - might have to sign some papers tonight so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on getting my mani/pedi.

Bill is mostly packed, and we just have to get Ryan's haircut and maybe two pairs of shorts tonight. Then I think we are done. I'm hoping I can go to bed early tonight so I won't be tired tomorrow after work. They are coming around 4pm to pick me up!! YEAH!

I'll make sure to say hi if I see ya!! Have an awesome and magical trip!!! I feel like a kid today - all giddy with excitement - I can just imagine how your feeling leaving today!
Sounds like you are just about ready to go. I haven't gone to bed earlier than Midnight the last two nights. I am going to be dead tired by this time tomorrow.

Have a safe trip. Have a great time. Take lots of pictures.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #1565
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I do doubt my choice everyday! Especially when DS says - I don't know why we can't just go back to CBR - everyday!

I don't think I told you my latest. . . I cut back the POR free dining trip to 6 nights and added on 2 nights room only at OKW!! So maybe OKW will be similar enough to CBR for DS (and the rest of us!)!

Anyway, have a great time at WDW and CBR. I am looking forward to your CBR report and pictures!
Look at you! Going all deluxe on us! Don't blame you though...I'd probably do it too.

I intend to have the best time at Disney.....no mishaps though! Keep your fingers crossed.....well, maybe double crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbear View Post
I am only on page 8 but this is a wonderful trip report. I am on my lunch break with my door closed and read about the tooth and nearly fell our of my chair laughing. People walking by probably wondered why I was sitting in my office laughing so hard. I can't wait to read more of the TR.

Lucy
Hey Lucy, Glad you are aboard! When I said I was about to dump out the backpack on the floor and get down and my hands and knees, I meant it! Just tell all your co-workers that you are reading about some nutcase who went to Disney and lost a tooth. Better yet, let them read along too so they won't think you're crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Hey Lisa,

4 hours and 20 minutes!!!

Just thought you'd like to know.
Oh I know! Believe me when I tell you...I'm counting down those hours.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #1566
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like you are just about ready to go. I haven't gone to bed earlier than Midnight the last two nights. I am going to be dead tired by this time tomorrow.
But a good dead tired. It's amazing that once you get there you gather a second wind and are good to go for several more hours. Ride those coasters for me and yell really loud. Scream like a girl. The time is ticking away.
You know what you are?

Lucky!

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #1567
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
But a good dead tired. It's amazing that once you get there you gather a second wind and are good to go for several more hours. Ride those coasters for me and yell really loud. Scream like a girl. The time is ticking away.
You know what you are?

Lucky!
Yes, she is lucky. I can't wait for you you to get back to WDW so you can get on some more coasters. I believe you have been CONVERTED!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 08-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #1568
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Yes, she is lucky. I can't wait for you you to get back to WDW so you can get on some more coasters. I believe you have been CONVERTED!
Yes I have. I really like the dark ones so you can't see what's going to happen next. For those of you who have been to Silver Dollar City they have one called "Fire in the Hole". I have done that one a million times. I didn't have to close my eyes cause it's dark. Kinda jerky but has like 3 little dips. Reminds you of a kiddie coaster but longer. Nothing like those at the World.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #1569
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes I have. I really like the dark ones so you can't see what's going to happen next. For those of you who have been to Silver Dollar City they have one called "Fire in the Hole". I have done that one a million times. I didn't have to close my eyes cause it's dark. Kinda jerky but has like 3 little dips. Reminds you of a kiddie coaster but longer. Nothing like those at the World.
Hey Mel, Dollywood has one like that it's called the MINE (I think).
Old 08-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #1570
cjlemoine
Don't Ya Just Love Disney

Excited for you Lisa. Hope the trip is a very Magical one!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #1571
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it, but don't rush your time there. Enjoy every moment.
If you are bringing a lpatop, maybe back up your pictures on a disc each day too!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #1572
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know what you are?

Lucky!
That's what always happens to us....we get a second wind and don't wanna stop. But, I am also glad that we work a "sleep in" day in the middle of the trip. We need that extra sleep so we can go to the evening extra magic hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
I think she is too! I'll never forget the time we took my, then 66 year old mother, to Disney World. She rode Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain and the entire time she kept saying "I can't believe I let ya'll talk me into this!" But, then, when she got off, she said she loved it!

Quote:
I do not like heights (ya'll already know that) so I don't like the outside coasters. I like the ones at Disney because they are inside and in the dark. I can handle Expedition Everest because the majority of it is inside too.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #1573
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlemoine View Post
Excited for you Lisa. Hope the trip is a very Magical one!!!!
Thanks! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it, but don't rush your time there. Enjoy every moment.
If you are bringing a lpatop, maybe back up your pictures on a disc each day too!
Me too! I plan on enjoying each and every minute we are there. Lacey is planning on bringing her laptop with her so she can work on her children's church activities. We're definitely going to back up our pictures!

Old 08-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #1574
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I am so afraid of heights too but I did TOT. Go figure. The only time it bothered me was when the window opened the first time and I saw the Mickey water tower straight ahead. Then the next two times I tried to get a picture when the window opened that it just didn't bother me anymore. But can I get on a step ladder or climb on a chair? No way. Heaven forbid I watch a movie with someone leaning over an edge. Even though I might have seen it 10 times I just know the next time they are going over.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #1575
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I finished up my trip report over on the Intercot boards and have gotten quite a few very nice replies. Thought ya'll might want to check out post number 308 of this link: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...156571&page=16.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn but those poor babies over there should really come on over to the Disboards. They'd have the time of their lives.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: