Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #1546
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser1824 View Post
Awesome trip report!! I can't wait to hear how your upcoming trip goes. I also can't wait to see if you guys find our treasure!!! Have a safe and fun trip!! Tell Mickey we'll be on our way to see him soon enough!!
I printed out your directions and we are definitely going on the treasure hunt. I intend to take pictures of us trying to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Great Trip report and lots of great memories! And you get to make new ones starting tomorrow! Have a fabulous time
I am sooooo ready to start our trip. 5 o'clock can't get here soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo818 View Post
Loved your trip report and am looking forward to reading all about your current vacation!

Have a spectacular time!

Thanks! I've got my journal all ready to make notes on this trip so I can come back and write a report for you guys.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #1547
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
Have a fabulous time!!! Can't wait to read all about your fantastical Disney adventures!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us - it was wonderful
Thanks! I certainly intend to have a memorable, yet uneventful, trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Lisa, I'm so sad that your trip report is over. I had such a great time reading about your adventures,mishapsand all your magical moments. It was definitely a trip to remember!!!!

I hope you have an wonderful vacation!!! I can't wait to read all about it when you get back!!!

Have lots and lots of fun!!!
If I wasn't leaving for Disney today, I'd be sad that the report is over too. I get into a major funk when our Disney vacations are over.

Don't worry, I'm coming back with tons of pictures and lots of details this go round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Awsome Trip report, very entertaining. Drive safe and I hope you guys have a great trip this time too (hopefully a little less eventful! )
Can't wait for your TR for this trip! I didn't comment much because I was always so far behind, but I really enjoyed reading it.
I'm glad that I was able to provide you with some entertaining reading material. I, too, hope that this trip is "uneventful".

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #1548
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Lisa, I am praying for a safe trip for your family. I hope you have a great time and make many more memories with Lacey this time too. Have fun and while you are eating, and play around the World think about those of us who are at home, dreaming about Mickey, school bread, Test Track and Wishes............ HAVE A FUN AND SAFE TRIP
Thanks for the prayers! We have a loooong drive ahead of us. Thank goodness we break it down in two stages or we'd be too bushed to have fun while at Disney. I'll definitely be thinking of all my Dis friends while there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Me TOO! Yes! We will be there Sept. 18-26. We're staying at POR due to my DS7's friend coming (which makes us a party of 5). Will you have a LGMH? I wasn't planning to, but I think at this point I'm going to have to. Made too many friends here.

Lisa,
I already said good-bye, but I will say it one more time...

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

See ya when you get back. Safe driving.
Thanks for the "Have a great time" wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin555 View Post
YAY for Hunter getting chosen!! What a perfect end to the trip. You guys are great parents for sticking around all day!
It was a great way to end our Disney vacation. I'm so glad that we went back so he could try again....and again....and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
I'm so excited that Hunter got picked. You got some great pictures and it made him soooo happy, so I know it was worth the wait. You could tell he was just beaming on that stage!

Okay, I'm jealous! You're leaving today! I wish you all safe travels and I hope you have a wonderful time. We'll be awaiting the TR when you get back.
You could totally tell from the pictures that he was so excited that he finally got chosen. I asked him what he was thinking about in the picture of him with his eyes closed and he said he was saying a "thank you prayer". Sweet boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
You're going to WDW!!!!

:fig ment::

Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know! I am so excited I can hardly sit still!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #1549
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

I'm so sad that it is over, but I thoroughly enjoyed every last bit of your report. Thanks!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #1550
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Morning everybody!

As you all know, we are leaving for Disney today! 5 o'clock can't get here fast enough. I say that then when I am trying to make sure that everything on my desk is done, I'll be wishing for a little more time to get through with it all.

Lacey and Hunter went to his new school yesterday to have a look around. School starts Friday, August 14th, but we'll still be in Disney. We know the school office manager and she told them to come on over even though the school is still closed for the Summer. She took them all around the school, showed him the cafeteria, computer lab, etc.

She even gave him his school supply list. Of course, there will be a few things that aren't on there because each teacher will add additional items. But, at least we'll have the major stuff already. I knew he'd have to have loose leaf paper, pens, highlighters and such so I started buying stuff a long time ago. Lacey is taking Hunter to WalMart today to get the things I didn't already have. I do not want to go to WalMart the day after school starts. It's total chaos.....like the day after Thanksgiving a/k/a Black Friday. NOOOO WAY!

I made our window decoration last night. I didn't go all out. I just made a little sign that says "The McBride Family 14th Annual Walt Disney World Vacation" and then I left a space and at the bottom wrote "Do You Dis? We Do! Mickeystoontown here!" I printed it on lime green paper and then glued it on purple scrapbook paper. In the middle of the green paper, I glued a green Mickey head and on the corners, I glued different color Mickey heads. Not elaborate but it's still a decoration. I think, if I am not mistaken, I packed some Disney fairy window clings. I can't remember if I did or not. If I did, they are somewhere in one of the bags in the back of my car.

I got all of my reservation information, online check-in information, garden grocer order confirmation and the "extra" vouchers Disney sent in one big manilla envelope. I've already put it in the car.

The small ice chest, DVD player, CD/DVD holder, snack box and a few other small things are sitting on the kitchen cabinet just waiting to be tossed in the car.

I put all of my girly stuff in the "last minute" bag this morning. All John has to do is throw in his and Hunter's stuff. Lacey has her own "last minute" bag in her bathroom. Those will go in the car when I get home.

The trunk of the car will be full to the max when we get everything in there. John and I decided that if we think we won't have room for all of our souvenirs, we may just have them shipped home. I don't know how much it will cost but we'll definitely check into it and see if it's a possibility.

I left a checklist of things the family needs to do today while I am work. Just small things like turn on the dishwasher, put clothes in the dryer, go get ice, take out garbage....you know those kind of things.

I'm off to do a little work right now. We have three appointments today, one of which is the deadline that's due today. I hate to say it but the client is as dumb as dirt and we can't get it across to her that she has to get us documentation as to her monthly expenses or we can't include them. She thinks we can just include them but then have nothing to back it up.

Check back in with ya'll a little later.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #1551
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Lisa sent you a PM!
if you get around to it--
Old 08-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #1552
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
I'm so sad that it is over, but I thoroughly enjoyed every last bit of your report. Thanks!!!

I'd be super sad too if I wasn't going to Disney TODAY! Don't worry, I'm coming back with a lot more pictures and details so I can write another trip report.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #1553
WDWisOurHappyPlace
Mouseketeer

WooHoo Lisa!

I'm so excited for you! Hope you all have a great time and I can't wait to read your trip report!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #1554
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Lisa sent you a PM!
if you get around to it--
Just responded. Get back with me before I leave 'cause I have no problem doing you a favor.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #1555
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip Lisa!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #1556
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Have a great trip Lisa!!
I intend to! I'll come back with lots of pictures of the Caribbean Beach Resort and make you doubt your choice of booking Port Orleans. Just kidding....you know the inner struggles I had when I booked something else.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #1557
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

It seems as if you are really ready to go. I don't think there is room for Mel on top of the car and I don't think she can run as fast as she would need if tied to the bumper. I know there is no room for me and all my junk so maybe you could send a picture to facebook with your phone once in a while. Oh wait, your own picture isn't even on it let alone any others. I'm just joshin with ya. Have a really great trip. Enjoy your wonderful children and have a very Happy Anniversary.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #1558
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWisOurHappyPlace View Post
I'm so excited for you! Hope you all have a great time and I can't wait to read your trip report!
Thanks! We intend to have one heck of a good time at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
It seems as if you are really ready to go. I don't think there is room for Mel on top of the car and I don't think she can run as fast as she would need if tied to the bumper. I know there is no room for me and all my junk so maybe you could send a picture to facebook with your phone once in a while. Oh wait, your own picture isn't even on it let alone any others. I'm just joshin with ya. Have a really great trip. Enjoy your wonderful children and have a very Happy Anniversary.

Ginny
Actually, I don't have one single thing on top of the car so Mel's still invited if she wants to come along! If you can make it to West Monroe by 5:00 p.m. today, you are welcome to ride along too. Ya think you can keep a grip on your suitcase while going 70 miles an hour?

Girl, you know that I am computer illiterate.....I don't know how to send anything from a phone to facebook. When I have phone problems, remote control problems, etc....I just hand the device to one of the kids and tell them to fix it.

I do need to get Lacey to upload a picture to my Facebook account before she goes back to Georgia. If not, ya'll have to wait until Christmas to see my face on there.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #1559
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I intend to! I'll come back with lots of pictures of the Caribbean Beach Resort and make you doubt your choice of booking Port Orleans. Just kidding....you know the inner struggles I had when I booked something else.
Don't make me doubt MY choice of POR. I'm already doubting it (even though I know we love POR) because the rest of my family is staying there...wait, did I say that out loud. Oops.

The good news is, we have 5, so we HAVE to have the Bayou. I'm hoping my brother and my parents get the mansions. I know. I'm awful.

If I could get to Monroe by 5:00, I'd ride on top.

There were a few of "you" on FB, so I waited until I looked at Connie's friend list before I sent you a request. So I knew I'd have the right one.

Only 6 hours and 15 minutes to go (assuming you are on Central Time...which I think you are)!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #1560
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Hey Lisa - I'm excited your leaving today because that means I leave tomorrow! YIPPEE! A little sad that we aren't leaving today too - since that was our original plans, but I'll be happy that we are staying an extra day on the other end once we get there. I posted in my pre-trip report that I got my nails and toes done last night instead of tonight - might have to sign some papers tonight so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on getting my mani/pedi.

Bill is mostly packed, and we just have to get Ryan's haircut and maybe two pairs of shorts tonight. Then I think we are done. I'm hoping I can go to bed early tonight so I won't be tired tomorrow after work. They are coming around 4pm to pick me up!! YEAH!

I'll make sure to say hi if I see ya!! Have an awesome and magical trip!!! I feel like a kid today - all giddy with excitement - I can just imagine how your feeling leaving today!
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/7/14-8/23/14 -15 nts POP

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: