Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #1516
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
You think she is packed yet?
Yep! Just check my last post!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #1517
Pikester
DIS Veteran

In case I forget to stop by tomorrow.....

Have fun on your trip!
Ride BTMR for me!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #1518
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
As ya'll could have probably guessed, my boss has asked me "what do we have to get done before you leave" about 20 times just this morning.

Yesterday was a pain in the rear end. The phone would not stop ringing from the minute we opened up after lunch until we left at 5:15 p.m. (yes I worked late). We have caller i.d. and the line 1 rang a total of 28 times. I don't even want to know how many times line 2 rang. That may not sound like a lot to ya'll but in a one lawyer/one paralegal office, that's way too many calls to death with on any given day. Much less a few days before I leave for vacation.

If you'll remember, my boss's mother found a fill-in for me......my boss's sister. He really didn't want her to do it but he thinks his mother is the cat's meow and would never say no to her. I really don't give two hoots who fills in, just so long as somebody is here. His sister is a little bit on the lazy side (else she would have a steady job) and it'll be interesting to see if she actually comes in on time.

I decided that I'd go ahead and type up some office guidelines and the day-to-day activities as if we had done it for the other girl who might have come in. That way, at least I've done my part.

I have one deadline tomorrow. I have billing to get out today. Not too big of a job now that everything has been entered into the system. I have to hand feed my printer right now because lightning struck a bridge right near our building and somehow my printer doesn't work correctly now. The computer guy keeps saying he'll be here any day. Yeah right!

On the homefront.....

I got a whole heck of a lot done last night. I had already pulled out my clothes and piled them into the corner with the snack stuff and miscellaneous stuff the other day. Last night, we got all of John's clothes matched and folded. We got all of Hunter's clothes matched and folded. Lacey got all of her things together and folded.

I already had most of the last minute things out on the cabinet in the bathroom. You just can't pack that kind of stuff ahead of time because it's things you use every day like...toothbrushes, hair dryer, deodorant, etc. I do have the bag sitting there just waiting on us to throw stuff in it though.

We got all our shoes together. I am not a real shoe fanatic but we do like to take a couple of pair a piece and then a pair or two of flip flops. A few years ago, I bought one of those bed-in-a-bag comforter sets. You know, the ones that come in the big clear zippered bag that has a handle on it. Well, I saved it and it's our shoe bag. Perfect size and you can see which shoes you want without having to take them all out. And, it keeps your shoes away from all your clothes.

Then.....clue music.....dun, dun, dun.....I realized that Hunter has grown quite a bit from last year and there's no way that both his clothes and my clothes are going to fit into one suitcase like I usually pack. Hum? We have a lot of small/mid-size duffles but I don't really like to pack clothes in those. What to do? I go into the living room and announce to the family that I'm going to Wal-Mart to buy a suitcase. Why Wal-Mart? Because it's 9:30 p.m. and nothing else is open.

John decides to come along and we find a 4 piece set of luggage for just $49.00 (on clearance). I was really surprised that they were that cheap because they weren't all flimsy floppy. Pretty decent.

Right before we left, we asked Lacey and Hunter if there was anything else they needed from Wal-Mart. Lacey said she might need deodorant. Now you know how I am about stinky people....if she needed it or not, I went on the short shopping list. The shopping list included: 1) suitcase; 2) air conditioner filters; 3) deodorant; 4) 2 liter coke.

By 10:15 p.m., we were outta Wal-Mart and on our way home.

When we got back home, I just wanted to plop in bed but I couldn't because all of John and Hunter's clothes were on the bed. I packed Hunter's clothes in the suitcase we already had and then put mine in one of the new suitcases.

Oh, and I packed our overnight bag. Because we break the drive up into two parts, we stop overnight. I don't want to pull everything out of the car so I pack one bag that has just one set of clothes and sleeping clothes for us all. Easier than totally repacking the car.

So, I get everything except the "last minute" bag packed and I look over at the pile of luggage and ask John if he thinks we can fit it all in the trunk. Let's see. All of us grab a couple of bags and we carried them out to the carport. It's now 11:20 p.m. and we're out trying to see if we can get our bags in the car. After a little bit of turning and trying different ways, we get everything in the car. Even a small soft sided ice chest (holds about 6 cans) fit in. We all giggled and said there was no way that we'd remember the puzzle of how we got it all in there. Then we looked at each other and said "why do we have to take it out?". No reason at all. Everything is still in the trunk of the car. Just have to throw in Lacey's duffle (she took it out to add two shirts) and the "last minute" bag.

For the inside of the car, we have two throws (the kids can't travel with out their "cover"), the snack box, the portable DVD player and Lacey's decided to bring her laptop. I have all the maps, two magazines and our reservation envelope ready to go in the car.

On my way home from work, I have to go to Wal-Mart again. Ugh! John's prescriptions won't be ready until today. I had to get pre-approval to have them filled early since we'll be out of town. Lacey's contact prescription runs out tomorrow so I am going to pick up her contacts today at Wal-Mart as well. I have to stop by the bank and make a deposit.

All I have to do tonight, it make my mousekeeping envelopes and my window decoration.

I've never been this prepared this early. Love it!
I am proud of you. We pack the same way. The one you carry in to the motel and leave the rest. You have a lot accomplished for sure.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #1519
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
In case I forget to stop by tomorrow.....

Have fun on your trip!
Ride BTMR for me!
Thanks! We intend to have a great time. I may even ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad twice for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
I am proud of you. We pack the same way. The one you carry in to the motel and leave the rest. You have a lot accomplished for sure.
I am quite proud of myself. There's no way I am lugging all my stuff into a motel room when we are only staying for one night. Just two bags go in. Not all of 'em.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #1520
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

I am so excited for you! And then I get more excited for me, because we're going to be there soon too!!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 08-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #1521
hhockman
DIS Veteran

I can't even tell you how excited I am for you.

You even make me a little excited for me.

Tell everyone (especially Mickey) "see ya real soon!" for me.

Have a safe trip and a GREAT time.

Take lots of pictures (and more!) and make sure you find all those Photopass people (you DID preorder it, right? I saw on Ginny's TR you were thinking about it. We got it last time and ended up with, I think over 200 photos-which translated to over 500 after I added frames and everything. 2 cds. SO worth it. I've already preordered it for this time. My family is going to OWE me for that one! I'll bet between the 13 of us, or whatever it will be, there will be 5 cds. Anyway, GET IT if you didn't )

Hope your last day at work goes smoothly and quickly tomorrow.

WE WILL MISS YOU!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #1522
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
I am so excited for you! And then I get more excited for me, because we're going to be there soon too!!
It won't be long before you're in Disney too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
I can't even tell you how excited I am for you.

You even make me a little excited for me.

Tell everyone (especially Mickey) "see ya real soon!" for me.

Have a safe trip and a GREAT time.

Take lots of pictures (and more!) and make sure you find all those Photopass people (you DID preorder it, right? I saw on Ginny's TR you were thinking about it. We got it last time and ended up with, I think over 200 photos-which translated to over 500 after I added frames and everything. 2 cds. SO worth it. I've already preordered it for this time. My family is going to OWE me for that one! I'll bet between the 13 of us, or whatever it will be, there will be 5 cds. Anyway, GET IT if you didn't )

Hope your last day at work goes smoothly and quickly tomorrow.

WE WILL MISS YOU!!!
Oh I'll be taking lots of pictures! I did preorder the Photopass CD and intend to take full advantage of it.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 08-04-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #1523
disneynewbee
DIS Veteran

I'm not done your report since I just found it but wanted to comment on what I have read so far. I had to lol at the tooth incident even though I know it wasn't funny at the time. How do I know? I also have a crown in the front that has come out a time or two since I had it. Most recently a few wks ago. When I called my dentist they told me they could see me Tues., well it was only Fri. I was freaking out thinking I was going to have to walk around all wkend like that. Luckily they left a message for the dentist and he fit me in. I'm glad to hear super glue works and I'll be sure to take some just in case. Love the squirrel pics too. Last time we were at Disney we saw one steal a snickers bar out of the bottom of a parked stroller. I'm sure the person came back thinking someone was crazy enough to steal their chocolate. LOL

10/2004 ASMo, 11/2006 POP, 10/2009 POP, 11/2012 POP
Old 08-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #1524
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Well, when I last left off on the trip report, we had surprised Hunter with one last surprise....we made a last minute trip to Hollywood Studios and after three tries, Hunter was FINALLY chosen for The Jedi Training Academy. And, the rain had held off until Hunter had gotten his diploma and we were walking back to our car.

We still had a really long drive ahead of us and it was after lunch before we ever even left Hollywood Studios. We made our way out of the parking lot and back to World Drive where we drove under the gorgeous Walt Disney World archway for the last time this trip.

We took the Highway 192 exit and were on our way back home. But, first things first, we had to get something to eat. We pulled into the nearest McDonald's and ate in the car. We had to get some miles behind us 'cause it was a long long way home.

We're always sad to leave our favorite place on Earth but at least we were leaving on a high note.

We didn't get home until almost 3:00 a.m. but I wouldn't have had it any other way!

Up next....a mini recap!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #1525
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynewbee View Post
I'm not done your report since I just found it but wanted to comment on what I have read so far. I had to lol at the tooth incident even though I know it wasn't funny at the time. How do I know? I also have a crown in the front that has come out a time or two since I had it. Most recently a few wks ago. When I called my dentist they told me they could see me Tues., well it was only Fri. I was freaking out thinking I was going to have to walk around all wkend like that. Luckily they left a message for the dentist and he fit me in. I'm glad to hear super glue works and I'll be sure to take some just in case. Love the squirrel pics too. Last time we were at Disney we saw one steal a snickers bar out of the bottom of a parked stroller. I'm sure the person came back thinking someone was crazy enough to steal their chocolate. LOL
Since you have had a crown come off too, you know that feeling.....what the heck am I gonna do feelling! Pack that super glue 'cause you just never know.

That squirrel was a sneaky little thing and knew just what he was doing.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #1526
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

boo hoo I really didn't want it to end. Hurry back so you can start a new one.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #1527
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

Can't wait to hear about your trip - by the time you get back, we'll be almost ready to leave!!!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 08-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #1528
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Hi Heather! I just realized we will be there around the same time. I'll be at Movies Sept 21 - 27. I am really excited!
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
Old 08-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #1529
bballbabe
Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Well, when I last left off on the trip report, we had surprised Hunter with one last surprise....we made a last minute trip to Hollywood Studios and after three tries, Hunter was FINALLY chosen for The Jedi Training Academy. And, the rain had held off until Hunter had gotten his diploma and we were walking back to our car.

We still had a really long drive ahead of us and it was after lunch before we ever even left Hollywood Studios. We made our way out of the parking lot and back to World Drive where we drove under the gorgeous Walt Disney World archway for the last time this trip.

We took the Highway 192 exit and were on our way back home. But, first things first, we had to get something to eat. We pulled into the nearest McDonald's and ate in the car. We had to get some miles behind us 'cause it was a long long way home.

We're always sad to leave our favorite place on Earth but at least we were leaving on a high note.

We didn't get home until almost 3:00 a.m. but I wouldn't have had it any other way!

Up next....a mini recap!

You guys really are the best parents in the world. Not only were you up to unGodly hours the night before, but then went to DHS so Hunter could be a Jedi. But then getting in at 3am, you guys must have slept for a week after that drive!

Have a GREAT time on vacation and a safe drive.
Hurry and PLEASE start your next trip report as soon as you get back!

10 of us together and whose taking bets on when the bus will get here!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post32677458
Old 08-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #1530
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Let's see if I can recap some of the things that happened on this trip:

1) We surprised our son, Hunter, with a trip to Walt Disney World!

2) Hunter announced that we were "the best parents in the whole wide world!";

3) Hunter got so excited about going to Disney that he had to tinkle in a empty bottle we had in the car;

4) We got stuck on Test Track and I had a "gotta pee" moment while being stuck in the ice cold room;

5) I ran off and left John and Hunter in search of the nearest bathroom;

6) My front tooth/crown fell out and went bouncing across a restaurant table;

7) I super glued the crown back on while looking in a little bitty compact mirror and sitting on a toilet that automatically flushed several times while I sat;

8) A castmember at Hollywood Studios tried to tell me.....a Diser....that I was going the wrong way to Toy Story Mania. Huh?

9) Hunter didn't get chosen for The Jedi Training Academy;

10) A castmember stopped the crowds walking bye so they could sing Happy Birthday to Hunter;

11) I watched a sneaky little squirrel steal nuts from a stand at Hollywood Studios;

12) I was chosen as Guest of the Hour at Package Pickup and received a Tinkerbell pin and Certificate;

13) Hunter's joke got chosen at The Laugh Floor and we got up on the big screen there too;

14) John's foot got run over by a scooter and the lady who did is just drove off in a huff. Later in the day, he pulled the dumb thing and finished the job that the scooter started;

15) John and Hunter get stuck in the ride vehicle on Goofy's Barnstormer and get to ride again;

16) A lady trips and falls on me in Country Bear Jamboree. I end up with large blood drawing claw marks on my leg;

17) John put his arm around Pocahontas and, without thinking, rests his hand on her butt! That wasn't all, he also turned to her and said "I've got a hurt toe. Do you want to kiss it and make it better?" ;

18) We were given free desserts at Pecos Bill's;

19) Minnie Mouse almost busted her bootie during the Spectro Magic parade;

20) We played private investigator and took pictures of the new pool construction at the Caribbean Beach Resort;

21) We snatched a couple of Disney flowers to take home with us and, yes, one is still alive and well on my back porch;

22) I freaked out, totally freaked out, in the Virgin MegaStore, got mad at John and Hunter and walked out on them;

23) Ate a couple of free samples of Ghiradelli chocolate. Yummo!;

24) We reminisced about Hunter wiping a booger down Lacey's really cute black shirt;

25) We visited Pop Century and Wilderness Lodge;

26) Hunter accidentally got kicked in the "goov" by one of his newfound friends at the CBR quiet pool;

27) Hunter and I left John at the resort while we danced with Terk, found a "hidden" path around the Tree of Life, saw lots of gorillas and met Lilo at the Animal Kingdom;

28) Hunter and I watched the Animal Kingdom vets do blood work on snakes at Rafiki's Planet Watch;

29) Hunter and I spit in the water so the fish would come and got the scare of our life when a castmember almost caught us;

30) I told off a rude guy in front of us at Festival of the Lion King;

31) We got free ice cream from a snack vendor in Dinoland and we took silly pictures of John acting like he dropped his Mickey bar;

32) We watched the Epcot fireworks from our resort and then walked back to our room hand in hand. Feel free to say awwww again;

33) We rode Stitch's Great Escape with two of the funniest women behind us yelling "Lotd Jesus!";

34) Hunter participated in Woody's Roundup and, of course, I, the official Fastpass getter missed it because I was getting Fastpasses for Splash Mountain;

35) We were bad parents and mad Hunter ride Splash Mountain;

36) We told a group of teenagers to be sure and look up in the stretch room section of the Haunted Mansion so that they could see the hanging Master Gracey;

37) I got stuck behind a super dooper sweaty stinky lady in the "cattle herding" section of the line for Haunted Mansion;

38) I gave hidden Mickey tips to two families while waiting for Mickey's PhilarMagic to start;

39) We clapped when a lady got escorted out of Mickey's PhilarMagic when she refused to "move all the way down, filling in all available seats";

40) John spotted Pocahontas while soaring on Aladdin's Magic Carpet and made a mad dash off the ride in order to avoid her;

41) We had to sit on Snow White's Scary Adventures for 10 minutes before the ride started back up again;

42) Nobody wanted to accept our gift of free glowsticks;

43) We watched Wishes from Fantasyland which was a new experience for us;

44) We were the last ride of the night on Pirates of the Caribbean;

45) We shut down the Magic Kingdom at 2:00 a.m.;

46) After Hunter fell asleep, John and I decided to spring one last surprise on Hunter;

47) We took Hunter to Hollywood Studios to try to get chosen for The Jedi Training Academy. After three tries, he got chosen!

Hum? Did I miss anything? Probably! What an eventful and memorable trip we had!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: