Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 06:45 AM   #16
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Great installment!

Awwwww that first pic infront of the hat is gorgeous I'm not so sure about the "knife pic" though...just a little creepy

It's amazing how quickly TSM FP's go and that wait...

Looking forward to reading more
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #17
raph_b
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinysam View Post
Good reading , man you like your burgers !!! , you should be like the michelin man !!!...

September sounds fun , good temp , less crowds... any Brazilian tour parties ?????
You can't beat a good burger

Didn't see any Brazillian tour parties about at all.

September is a great time of year, we've booked up to go back in September next time too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybear View Post
Shame about missing TSMM, definitely one of those you have to get to for opening or not at all (it was the same in DL) I think the 'Hollywood Tower Hotel' is fab too and i'm dying to see the Tokyo Disney equivalent in person as in pictures it looks amazing The bf is a Star Wars geek aswell and had to get the same landspeeder picture, saw a fair few shifty dads being ridiculed by their kids there too! Looking forward to hearing about HHN
Yep, was gutted to miss TSMM, although we did manage to fit it in on our last day when we went back to MGM

It's amazing how the inner geek in us all comes out when we're around a real life landspeeder

I'll make sure the HHN report covers it all for you - you def have to check it out one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Always worth waiting for Craig .
Another great update-both of you are 2 cute .
We also had some of them cheesy shots done .
The burger looks awesome,Hubby was tempted to go for that but went for the chicken fajitas instead.Hey we never got free nachos .
We used to have a Wendy's near where i used to live(before it turnt into a Mcdonalds )+i agree there burgers are delicious.
Such a shame you missed TSM,it is a fantastic ride-absolutley brilliant,make sure you do it next time .
The girls done the Landspeeder picture,then as i was about to put the camera away but who should get on-Yes my hubby .I managed to quickly get a shot of him before walking away rather quickly+embarrasingly .x.
Hey, if we've paid for the photopass it'd be rude not to get a few cheesy pics done Looking forward to seeing a few of your cheesy pics Michelle

Good to hear there's another Wedny's fan on the board

Is there anyone here who hasn't been involved in an embarassing Landspeeder picture?! At least I'm not the only one......
Feb 1999 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge (4 nights)
May 2007 - DLRP - Daytrip
Sep 2008 - WDW - Offsite (2 weeks)
Mar 2009 - DLRP - Hotel New York (3 nights)
Nov 2009 - DLHK - Daytrip
Sep 2010 - WDW - Last trip before its time to have babies!

Thank you O' great Tag Fairy - You have made this Proud Redhead a very happy bunny!!
raph_b is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 AM   #18
raph_b
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalielongstaff View Post
Im glad you love ToT its my fave ride
TOT is amazing!! scary but amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_uk View Post
Great trip report
Thanks Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
I can't wait for the HHN review! Awesome report!
I'm working on the HHN review right now........

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
Great day! I love Chilis mmmmm!
Chili's is great, I wish there was one nearer to Cheltenham than Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
I do not know where the two of you are putting all of that food you are consuming .

I love the 'cheesy' piccies!
I did put on almost a whole stone in the 2 weeks I was in Orlando!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap'njack. View Post
Another great report...looking forward to the Halloween Night!
HHN was so amazing, I cant wait to go back in Sep 2010!!! The report is on its way.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Another great report Craig, always worth the wait.

You made me LOL at the Landspeeder photo's as I have one of my hubby on it....guess it just a man's thing! It goes hand in hand with the hanging out of Jaws' mouth at Universal photo.

I can't believe you didn't get to go on TSM! Never mind you will have to ride it several times next Sept.

Looking forward to reading HHN. I am too much of a scaredy cat to go.
Thanks Claire

It's definitely illegal not to have a pic done in Jaws' mouth!!

You'll be pleased to know that we managed to get round to TSM on our last day - which you'll probably be able to read about around Christmas time

How are your plans coming along? I love your ADR choices.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by arieljasmine View Post
Another great report of another great day. I am terrified of heights but would love to try ToT - haven't managed not to chicken out yet though! Sometimes I even dream about it!

Star Tours is my favourite at MGM, I know most of the words in the script!

Those Wendy's burgers look so good, will add both Wendy's and Chilis to my list of places to eat in September.

Laur's xx
I'm scared of heights too but still loved TOT - You should definitely give it a try - if I can I'm sure you'll b able to do it easily

Star Tours is a great ride, it brings back so many memories, in fact its one of my clearest memories I have from my first trip to Florida back in the day

You will not be diappointed with a trip to Wendy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanEllen View Post
So happy to see a new installment of the continuing story of Em and Craig's Excellent Adventure--and what a packed and varied day you had! (Studios--Blizzard Beach--Studios + Fantasmic AND two big burger meals!!) My hat's off to you both. As always you did a great job of describing not only the rides and attractions but also your feelings and reactions. I have to say on a personal note, that you've opened my eyes to something I've taken for granted--the Wendy's and Chili's I drive by every day. I'm going to be more appreciative now and make a point of stopping now and then and I'll do it in your honor.
Thanks Susan. Yep, this was definitely an action packed day and as you can imagine we were both knackered at the end of it!

As you can tell I'm just a bit of a Wendy's fan! Next time you're there have a strawberry Frosty for me You guys are so lucky to have such a great choice of food available to you all the time, one of the reasons I love it out there so much!

After a busy weekend of wedding planning I'm now off to catch up on your latest adventures with the Stringers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Stringer View Post
Great report Craig, I'm really looking forward to see what you think Of Halloween Horror Nights as I'm too big a wimp to do that!

Kev
Kev, you should give it a whirl if you're ever out in Orlando in September/October - it's so much fun! Em is a wimp and thought she would be far too scared to go in any of the houses, but ended up absolutely loving it!

Right, I'm off to read the rest of your TR now Mr Stringer

Thank you O' great Tag Fairy - You have made this Proud Redhead a very happy bunny!!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:55 AM   #19
raph_b
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
Great installment!

Awwwww that first pic infront of the hat is gorgeous I'm not so sure about the "knife pic" though...just a little creepy

It's amazing how quickly TSM FP's go and that wait...

Looking forward to reading more
Thanks

More will be on its way soon - I promise!!

Old 06-28-2009, 02:38 AM   #20
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

A great report - as always. And I love the 'cheesey' pics - only at Disney could you get away with such things.
Looking forward to the next part.
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #21
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Another great day Craig. I love your photopass pics I hope you managed to ride TSM later in your holiday

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #22
jackieleanne
DIS Veteran

Finally got round to reading this day's report great pictures. Can't believe you missed TSM really is a must its my joint fave now along with Splash and its one of those you need to get your fastpass for and then jump straight in the standby line to ride at opening. Hope you did manage to get on it later in the trip.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jackieleanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: