Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #106
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Hi Angie!

I hope you had a great 4th of July celebration...love the fireworks pictures!

Your DTD adventures sound awesome! We LOVED WPE...we ate at the full service restaurant in 2007 and that was AMAZING as well. You're lucky it was so empty when you were there....we waited in a line out the door!

It sounds like the boys made great use of their souvenir dollars at WoD! That store is great, but I agree that it can be overwhelming! I didn't know you could go in and do stuff at T-Rex.....we just walked by and admired the outside!

My boys couldn't get enough of Goofy's Candy Company. We hit that place on both of our DTD trips! The pretzel rods were a definite favorite...as well as the slushies.

Can't wait for Day 5!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #107
stace208
DIS Veteran

Hi Angie! I'm all caught up and joining in! Your boys are too cute and it looks like you guys are having a great time!

I'm amazed at all the shopping you got done in WoD. That store seems to overwhelm me. I did better this trip but I think it's because I took it in small doses.

Looking forward to more!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #108
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Hi Angie!

I hope you had a great 4th of July celebration...love the fireworks pictures!

Your DTD adventures sound awesome! We LOVED WPE...we ate at the full service restaurant in 2007 and that was AMAZING as well. You're lucky it was so empty when you were there....we waited in a line out the door!

It sounds like the boys made great use of their souvenir dollars at WoD! That store is great, but I agree that it can be overwhelming! I didn't know you could go in and do stuff at T-Rex.....we just walked by and admired the outside!

My boys couldn't get enough of Goofy's Candy Company. We hit that place on both of our DTD trips! The pretzel rods were a definite favorite...as well as the slushies.

Can't wait for Day 5!
Hi Missy!! Welcome back I hope you guys had a great holiday weekend!! We had fun here--even though it rained most of the weekend. But we still managed to do everything we wanted to.

The boys did great with their sovenier dollars! We have them save up all year for doing chores and stuff, plus with birthdays and Christmas they went with quite a bit on their Disney gift cards and Disney Dollars.

We love Goofy's Candy Company!! The pretzel rods were very yummy!! I think I ended up finishing the boys for them. The boys have so much fun checking out the funny mirror beside the counter. It usually keeps them occupied the whole time their goodies are being made.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #109
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Hi Angie! I'm all caught up and joining in! Your boys are too cute and it looks like you guys are having a great time!

I'm amazed at all the shopping you got done in WoD. That store seems to overwhelm me. I did better this trip but I think it's because I took it in small doses.

Looking forward to more!
I'm so glad you joined in!! We did have a great trip!! It's been so much fun reliving it again.

Usually, I'm totally overwhelmed in WoD also. Last year, we barely walked in, looked around a little and then walked back out. This year we were on a mission--to get as much sovenier shopping done as we could, since we knew we wouldn't get a chance to come back and we usually don't do too much shopping in the parks. It worked.

Another update coming soon!!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #110
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Napkin Twirling at Chef Mickey's!

April 20th--Day 5

Chef Mickey's Breakfast

At around 5:30 am, I turned over and looked at the alarm clock. I couldn't believe it was time to get up already. That's the thing, I always sleep so good at Disney!! I'm not sure if it's the bed, the pillows or just the fact that we are so dead tired by the day's end that we just crash. But I knew I had to get up, because we had an early breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's for 7:45am and I knew that I wanted to be waiting at the bus stop to head to MK by 6:45am. So I quickly started getting things ready before waking everyone up for the day.

The sun was just peeking up when we made our way downstairs toward the bus stop. I love this time of the morning at Disney. It's always so quiet and peaceful, which is such a nice change from the hectic and busy day at the Parks. The boys spotted a rabbit hopping out from under a shrub as we rounded the corner, just about ready to cross the parking lot. Since it was so early, there was hardly anyone at the bus stops yet. We were actually the first ones in line for Magic Kingdom. Here is a couple pictures of the boys posing!!!

Before we knew it, a bus to Magic Kingdom pulled up and we got on board. We were on our way to the Contemporary Resort!! There is just something about the Contemporary I love. I'm not sure if it's because it's sooo close to MK (my favorite park!) or just that it has now become sort of a ritual to us to get to eat at Chef Mickey's on every visit. It just seems so Disney to me!!

So, where was I? Oh, yes--we had finally arrived at MK and made our way to the monorail. A short ride later and we were heading over to check in. Here is a pic while waiting in line--

This year we were given the option of whether we wanted to take a picture in front of the big plate. We did it last year and purchased it but this year we decided against it and were shown to our table. I was a little disappointed that we were not in the main dining room but rather upstairs. It ended up being okay because it actually didn't feel so crowded and loud up there. We immediately went down to the buffet to load up our plates. I wish I would have gotten a picture Oh well, I ended up getting some fruit, Mickey waffles--yum!!, eggs, sausage, bacon, hash, a blueberry muffin and ummm....that's all I can think of right now. But it was all really yummy!!We had an awesome waitress!! She was always around picking up plates, asking us if we needed anything, and joking with the boys.

Finally the characters started arriving!! First up was Mickey!! I'm not sure what was wrong with DS6. Mickey came up from behind so maybe it caught him off guard.

Next up, was Goofy.. Okay, that's a little better at least there's a smile!! He's his favorite after all!!!

Then came Pluto.....

YAY!! It's Minnie!!!

Finally Donald Duck--We just love Donald!! He's so funny ended up hanging around for awhile and joking with the boys. They got such a kick out of him.

Somewhere in between the characters arriving the music started and the napkin twirling began. I took a video of the boys enjoying the music!! Every time I watch this video I laugh, because DS9 really seems to get into the music and if you knew him, you would know he is usually so reserved and shy. This video makes me so happy to watch--it must be the Disney Magic.

We finished up our breakfast, and since it was still pretty early. It didn't take us as long as we thought it would and the character came by very quickly, so we decided to check out the gift shop and then stopped to take a few pictures.
Here is a picture just leaving Chef Mickey's--

A few more outside near the gift shop-- Those boys they just love to pose!! (well....when their in the mood anyway...)

After this we took the elevator down to the main floor, to catch the bus to DHS. We were so excited this would be our first time riding Toy Story Mania and couldn't wait!!!

Next up--DHS and riding Toy Story Mania for the first time!!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #111
stace208
DIS Veteran

Great Chef Mickey's pictures! I love the characters there and breakfast sounds yummo! I love the shirts your boys are wearing-cute!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #112
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I have lots of catching up to do, but I just read your last update. Cute pictures! Chef Mickey's is such a fun place for the kids I can't wait to hear how you managed to get on TSM at Easter time. That must have been a bit of a challenge
Old 07-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #114
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Alrighty then, I'm slowly catching up but wanted to comment on your latest post and what I've read so far. Yea for Chef Mickey's! We've only had dinner there, but breakfast sounds good too. Meeting the Fab 5 is always a blast.

Your Epcot day sounds very relaxing. I absolutely love the last picture in your post; absolutely beautiful.

Back to catching up!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #115
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Great Chef Mickey's pictures! I love the characters there and breakfast sounds yummo! I love the shirts your boys are wearing-cute!
Thanks We love Chef Mickey's!! We've been for both breakfast and dinner, although I think I preferred the food at breakfast. But the character interaction and atmosphere is wonderful!! The boys picked out the shirts, actually it was more like little brother wanting to be just like his big brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I have lots of catching up to do, but I just read your last update. Cute pictures! Chef Mickey's is such a fun place for the kids I can't wait to hear how you managed to get on TSM at Easter time. That must have been a bit of a challenge
Thanks for joining in!! Chef Mickey's is alot of fun!! The boys love it--so it keeps us going back.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #116
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
cute pics! what a nice, smooth early start to your day! looking forward to more
Thanks We had a lot of fun!! It was definitely a nice way to start our day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Alrighty then, I'm slowly catching up but wanted to comment on your latest post and what I've read so far. Yea for Chef Mickey's! We've only had dinner there, but breakfast sounds good too. Meeting the Fab 5 is always a blast.

Your Epcot day sounds very relaxing. I absolutely love the last picture in your post; absolutely beautiful.

Back to catching up!
We love Chef Mickey's---so much fun!!! Last year, we tried dinner so this year we thought we would give breakfast a try. We enjoyed it just as much.

We tried to take Epcot slower this year because it always seems like the boys get really tired out in this park. The first day there, we let them pick whatever they wanted to do and just went with it. It was a fun, and relaxing way to start the trip.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #117
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited!!! I finally paid off our trip for August!! There's nothing like cutting it close since it's due tomorrow!!! But it's paid!! Now, I can sit back--go into planning overload and wait for my Mickey mail (which I hope will be arriving sometime next week)

I know this isn't a PTR, but I couldn't help sharing. I also wanted to share a few pics of the shirts I made last weekend for our trip. (Thanks--Disigners!!!)

I'm hoping to get my DHS update posted tomorrow

Old 07-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #118
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Argh, I wish I could see the pictures, but !YAY! on paying off the trip! Always a fabulous milestone!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #119
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Wahoo for being paid off!! That's a great feeling.

You did a great job with your shirts. I love the Minnie head one.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #120
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hip Hip Hooray! Knowing that your vacation is paid in full is the best feeling! It's just an ahhhh moment.

Love the shirts. There is no way in the world I could ever get my family to wear t-shirts I made.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: