Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #46
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Whew! You guys sure did a lot in just a short period of time! Great pictures!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #47
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Whew! You guys sure did a lot in just a short period of time! Great pictures!
We were able to get a lot done that morning. Although I was doubtful at first--EMH worked for us!! Every ride was pretty much a walk-on with the exception of Tommorrowland Speedway. The boys don't like to slow down--so it was a pretty busy morning. Luckily, later that night we took it easier so we could enjoy the sights.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #48
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Beautiful MK pictures! They take me back!

I love the shirts...we got very similar ones for this trip, but we got Goofy, Grumpy, Mickey, Tink, and Donald. Love the PP pic of the family in front of the castle!

I don't do Teacups either! NO THANK YOU!

Looks like EMH was a hit! We tend to go against advice and do EMH as well. It has always seemed to work for us! (and we don't ever do park hoppers)
Old 06-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #49
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Beautiful MK pictures! They take me back!

I love the shirts...we got very similar ones for this trip, but we got Goofy, Grumpy, Mickey, Tink, and Donald. Love the PP pic of the family in front of the castle!

I don't do Teacups either! NO THANK YOU!

Looks like EMH was a hit! We tend to go against advice and do EMH as well. It has always seemed to work for us! (and we don't ever do park hoppers)
Thanks!! I noticed that our shirts were similar. I thought it would be a great idea without being too matchy.

Oh--the Teacups are horrible. Every time I think of them it reminds me of that Samantha Brown Disney Special on the Travel Channel. Have you seen it? Anyways she hollers out to all the parent's riding with their children--"You're taking one for the team", she says she can't even look at the ride because it makes her dizzy. I would have to agree!!!

EMH was a hit!! We don't do Park hoppers either so we were a little nervous about how it was going to be when we returned to the park later in the day after a rest and it was fine. We didn't have any problems riding the rides that we wanted to.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #50
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Stuck, Soaked....Now it's time for a Parade!!

When I left off, we had just gotten on BTMR. The boys love this ride. So we were all excited to ride it again. Like I said before, they were screaming, hands in the air thrilled to be riding when all of a sudden the ride begins to slow down as we climb the hill. I wish I could be more specific and tell you exactly where we were but we've only rode the ride a few times. So anyway we get half way up the hill and the ride just stops. We look at each other....confused but we are confident that the ride is going to begin again soon...so we wait.....and wait.....and wait. Finally, a CM comes and tells us they are having difficulty getting the ride to start again and that we will have to get off the train and they would show us the way out. So we carefully moved along the side of the track holding tightly to the boys hands until we came to a door that led us below the ride and again we waited down there until they made sure that everyone had made it off the ride safely. When, what did I see out of the corner of my eye....a flash of light...someone took a picture. Now, I didn't think anything of it at the time until the CM came out and asked the person if they did take a picture because they would have to delete it--no pictures below the ride!! The person denied it of course.(I must have been seeing things) Then they led us out stopping to give us each a fastpass to be used on any of the fastpass rides at the park. Cool So although we were disappointed that we didn't get to ride BTMR again at least we would be able to ride something else later with no wait!!

We hurried out glancing at our Fastpasses for Splash Mountain. We were stuck for quite a while so I was afraid our window to ride Splash Mountain would be gone. But lucky for us it was fine and we got in line to ride it for the very first time. Now, I don't mind getting a little wet but I'm not fond of the whole soaking wet idea. It was a mild day, not overly warm but still warm outside so getting a little refreshed didn't sound to bad. I knew as long as I wasn't in the very front of the log that I should be fine or so at least I read. They must have saw me coming because of course that exactly where I ended up sitting with DS6. I tried to switch but no one wanted to. So just as the ride starts (now remember I have never rode on it before) a HUGE splash of water completely soaks me from the side (it was from the people coming down the hill) So the ride had barely begun and already I was soaked!!! I recovered. and really did have a great time on the ride. It's definitely a must do again for our next trip but next time I'm making DH sit up front.
Here's a picture of Splash Mountain on our way by---

By this time it was around noon and the boys were getting hungry so we decided to head over to Pecos Bills for Lunch. It was very busy in there and we had some difficulty at first finding a table but we found one. We all ordered burgers because we love their toppings bar. Sorry I don't have any pictures of the food or the restaurant inside. I was hungry and wet and honestly wasn't thinking about taking pictures at that moment.

So after lunch, the boys wanted to go back to the pool and swim for a little while and it sounded good to me--just so I could change into some drier clothes. I know I'm a wimp As we were making our way out of MK for the morning we stopped to watch the Parade (or actually I guess it's more of a street party) I got the first half on video but here are some pictures I got of the end--

A picture looking up Main Street (it was around 12:45pm)

Enjoying the parade/street party!!!

So that's it for our first morning at Magic Kingdom. I think we were able to get quite a lot accomplished despite the milk mishap before we left, getting stuck on BTMR and getting soaked on Splash Mountain. But there was more to come later that night. Would we finally make it to Wishes this year? You'll have to wait and see.
to be continued........

Old 06-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #51
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Now that's an experience not everyone gets! It stinks to be stuck, but how cool to do something unique! Was it scary walking down? My DH is afraid of heights and that's his only reservation when riding a roller coaster...that he'll have to walk down!

Pecos Bills was crowded for us too, but we love the toppings bar. YUM!

We didn't catch that street party at MK. Looks fun!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #52
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Now that's an experience not everyone gets! It stinks to be stuck, but how cool to do something unique! Was it scary walking down? My DH is afraid of heights and that's his only reservation when riding a roller coaster...that he'll have to walk down!

Pecos Bills was crowded for us too, but we love the toppings bar. YUM!

We didn't catch that street party at MK. Looks fun!
It wasn't too bad walking down because there were stairs along the side. (if I remember, right....) The only time it got a little tricky was when we had to cross over the track to get to the door to go underneath the ride. We had to cross on a very skinny plank or at least at seemed that way--maybe because I was holding on DS6 as we were crossing and I was trying to be extra careful.

We caught the Street Party 3 different times while we were there. We always seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #53
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Yay for the street party! That looks like a blast! I don't remember Woody and Jessie being in any other parade we've seen so far. My DS4 is starting to get into the other Disney movies from the collection we have (you mean there are other movies than Cars??) and his favorites so far are Toy Story and Toy Story 2.

Love seeing the pictures!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #54
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Yay for the street party! That looks like a blast! I don't remember Woody and Jessie being in any other parade we've seen so far. My DS4 is starting to get into the other Disney movies from the collection we have (you mean there are other movies than Cars??) and his favorites so far are Toy Story and Toy Story 2.

Love seeing the pictures!
I know...the street party was so fun!!! Lots of great characters!! We were able to see it about 3 times on our trip and the music is so catchy--I'm still singing it. Your kids will love it!

My DS6 loves the Toy Story movies and was so excited to see Woody and Jessie!! We recently went to see the movie UP and loved it!! Have you seen it? Anyways, we are hoping to be able to see the characters when we go back in August.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #55
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
We recently went to see the movie UP and loved it!! Have you seen it? Anyways, we are hoping to be able to see the characters when we go back in August.
We went to the Real-D version (my DS13 pointed out to me recently it wasn't 3-D like where things pop out at you - Real-D is they just look real instead of flat) on the Friday that it premeired. The theatre was packed ... squirrel!... and it was so much fun and the movie was superb. My DS13 went back for a second time to see it with friends and my DD12 is going back this Wednesday to see it with her class.

Do you mean the UP characters will be there in August? If so that will be awesome!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #56
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Do you mean the UP characters will be there in August? If so that will be awesome!!!
Yes--I read on another TR, that they just came back and were able to see all the characters from UP, including Carl,Russell,and Dug. They are at Disney's Hollywood Studios in the Animation Building for Meet and Greet. The boys are very excited (me too) It was such an awesome movie and very heartfelt.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #57
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yes--I read on another TR, that they just came back and were able to see all the characters from UP, including Carl,Russell,and Dug. They are at Disney's Hollywood Studios in the Animation Building for Meet and Greet. The boys are very excited (me too) It was such an awesome movie and very heartfelt.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #58
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Wishes....they do come true-Part 1

If you have been following along today would be--Day 3 (Magic Kingdom Day!) We had just left MK for the afternoon and were headed back to Pop for some dry clothes for me and some relaxation for DH and some pool time for the boys. We tried to take the boys back to the pool in the afternoon every day this trip. Last year, it was cold and windy when we were there so they didn't get anytime in the pool, so I promised them that this trip would be different.
Here they are having fun!! (I could never get them to look at me long enough while they were splashing away to get a good picture.)

After the boys played in the pool for a little while, we decided to figure out where we wanted to eat. I was still full from lunch but I knew the boys who barely eaten lunch (I have some picky eaters) were getting hungry. As a matter of fact DS6 would be happy having PB&J at every meal. Our original plan was to head back to MK early so we could eat at Cosmic Ray's but the boys didn't want to wait and we just headed down to the food court again-ugh!! (I know boring--right?) Here we are at Disney--we should be trying new places to eat, last year we ate at so many different and fun places. This year we wanted quick and although it was convenient--I am so happy we are doing the regular dining plan again in August (and it's free--how much better can it get)
So anyway after dinner, I'll spare you the details because honestly I can't even remember what I got--probably a salad again. We decided to head back to MK to ride a few more rides and try to catch Spectomagic and Wishes. This was our first time seeing both and we were very excited!! We are a very musical family and love all kinds of music. When we came back last year from our first trip, after falling in love with the Finding Nemo Musical at AK, I purchased the CD and we listened and sang along to it in the car for months. I was very disappointed last year when we couldn't make it to watch Wishes, so I found it on You Tube and we listened to the music for months before this trip--even the boys knew it by heart. I couldn't wait to see my boys reactions.
Here is a picture of DS6 on our way to catch the buses to MK--

Now... Can you tell he's excited!!!
When we arrived back at MK, we decided that we would head to Adventureland. We had planned to use our Fastpass that we got on BTMR (when we got stuck) for the Jungle Cruise. We didn't get to see it last year and after checking the Tip board we saw the wait time was quite long and figured it would be a good choice. We weren't too sure what to expect because DH is not much for corny jokes, and he definitely doesn't like to be singled out but we hoped for the best and boarded our boat. We got to sit in the very front and DS6 was chosen to be Jr. Skipper. We actually enjoyed the ride despite the corny jokes (even DH enjoyed it) I'm sorry though I don't have any pictures of this ride--not sure why--I thought for sure I took some.
After the Jungle Cruise the boys decided that they wanted to ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin. They liked it last year, especially because the camel squirts water. So DS9 was always trying to position us so I would get wet again and he did a very good job.
Here are some pictures while we were waiting in line....

We decided from here to head back through Liberty Square and then over to Fantasyland to see Mickey's Philharmagic. We love this show!! It's so much fun!!

After Mickey's Philharmagic, since we were right there we decided to ride the Carousel. I was able to get a few pictures from behind the castle.

We decided to stop and let the boys try and pull out the sword (great photo-op ) But wouldn't you know it people kept walking by or there kids would jump in to touch the sword while I was trying to take the picture. I was starting to get really frustrated because...Hello! I have a camera in front of my face and my child is holding on to the sword smiling. I was standing by another family and the mom leans over to me because they were waiting patiently to get a picture of her kids also and said "Some people just don't understand what's it's all about." I couldn't agree with her more. We finally were able to get a picture of DS6 but DS9 (who can be sometimes shy despite my telling him to just get in there decided he would wait until later.) Here is the picture we were finally able to get!!

After all that we decided to make our way through the castle to try and find a spot for the parade.

There were hula hoops set out again so the boys decided to play a little--

One last pictures before we headed to find a spot--

I'm going to stop here for now because I have to go pick up the boys from school--It's their very last day!!! I will finish this update later this afternoon.
to be continued......

Old 06-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #59
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Fantastic updates. I know this sounds weird, but I think I would have liked getting stuck on the ride just so I could get a "behind the scenes" look-see.
Cool that you got a Fastpass though.

I guess we really should take afternoon swim breaks but can never make ourselves leave the parks. Instead, we find a nice place to sit and relax and people watch. A swim might just be better.

Looking forward to your next update.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #60
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Fantastic updates. I know this sounds weird, but I think I would have liked getting stuck on the ride just so I could get a "behind the scenes" look-see.
Cool that you got a Fastpass though.

I guess we really should take afternoon swim breaks but can never make ourselves leave the parks. Instead, we find a nice place to sit and relax and people watch. A swim might just be better.

Looking forward to your next update.
Thanks! Although we were disappointed we weren't able to finish the ride(especially since it's the boys favorite)it was pretty cool to see some of the "behind the scenes" stuff.

The boys love the pool break in the afternoon!! DH and I would prefer to stay in the parks-- but we know they wouldn't last the whole day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: