Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #16
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I was at Epcot the same day.
I think everything was pretty much a walk on all day, except Soarin.
I did Soarin 3 times, once in the morning and twice around lunch time, I had 2 FastPasses.
The day was beautiful.
I was looking at your pictures and trying to find myself.
I'll have to look at mine and see if I see your boys.
I was over by the Land about the same time.
Also, I think Crush was down all day.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #17
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I was at Epcot the same day.
I think everything was pretty much a walk on all day, except Soarin.
I did Soarin 3 times, once in the morning and twice around lunch time, I had 2 FastPasses.
The day was beautiful.
I was looking at your pictures and trying to find myself.
I'll have to look at mine and see if I see your boys.
I was over by the Land about the same time.
Also, I think Crush was down all day.
Although we didn't ride any of the big rides that day, everything looked like it was pretty much a walk on--despite being the "park to avoid", if I remember correctly.
The weather was beautiful that day. It was the perfect way to start our vacation.
I didn't realize that Crush was down that day, we didn't even go over that way. I guess it was a good thing we had it planned for another day!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #18
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I'm too dizzy!!

After getting to bed early the night before, I found myself waking up about 5:30am, Friday morning. Disney is the only place that I wake up this early. Most of the time, I am a pretty late sleeper. I definitely don't do mornings!! But at Disney I will pretty much do anything to make sure that we have a great vacation.
So anyways, after I finally woke the guys up--we headed down to the food court again to grab a quick breakfast before we headed to Animal Kingdom. I was really looking forward to this day because we didn't get a lot of time to look around last year. Would you believe we even missed looking at the Tree of Life?? So that was definitely a must do this year!!
Our original plan for this day was supposed to be Magic Kingdom but with Disney making the weeks surrounding Easter EMH's, we decided to make Saturday our Magic Kingdom day since we knew that on this particular day they had double EMH (morning and night).
Our goal was to arrive at Animal Kingdom before opening but unfortunately despite our best efforts we didn't make it until just after 9:00am. (close enough) So while every one was running toward EE and KS, we took our time--turned right and headed for Dinoland.
We stopped for a couple quick pictures on our way.

We couldn't believe how empty this side of the park was. It was awesome!! We had decided that our first ride would be Primeval Whirl. We didn't get to ride it last year so it was high up there in the boys must do list!!

Since it wasn't busy, we rode it twice in row. The boys LOVED it!! Although it was fun I must say it was pretty jerky and all that spinning--it was almost as bad as Mad Tea Party (which I usually refuse to go on) Just thinking about it is making me dizzy. After Primeval Whirl, we headed to TriceraTop Spin. I'm not quite sure why but I don't have any pictures of this ride. We decided to head out of Dinoland for now since we knew we would be back later on so we could catch the Finding Nemo musical. More pictures along the way.

As we were heading over to Asia, we caught sight of EE and stopped to admire it.

Unfortunately this trip we couldn't convince the boys to ride it. Ever since they saw the Samantha Brown's Travel Special on Disney where they showed the Yeti they have refused to go on this ride. As a matter of fact we had a hard time convincing DS6 to even walk by EE and had to tell him that it was the Yeti's day off.
Some more pics--

We stopped along the way to Kilimanjaro Safaris to let the boys play with the drums--

They were really concentrating

We finally arrived at our destination--checked the wait time and then grabbed fastpasses. Then off to Rafiki's Planet Watch we went........
Next up--a train ride!!!

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-16-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #19
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

A train ride, some goats and a snake???

Okay, I'm going to try and do a small update tonight. When I left off we had just grabbed some fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safaris and decided since we didn't get a chance to explore Rafiki's Planet Watch on our last visit that we wanted to see what it was like--despite the mixed reviews that we heard about it. The boys really love animals and thought if nothing else they would enjoy Affection Section. Although the day had really just started for us, we thought the train was relaxing and a nice break. Here are some pictures of the boys on the train up to Rafiki's.

This is what we saw, when we finally arrived.....Rafiki!

As we were walking in.....

I should have realized when we opened the door to walk inside that there would be trouble. We started to try and find Hidden Mickey's on the wall that was covered with all the animals and the whole time DS9 kept saying "Mom..Mom, What's that noise"--"Nothing, relax it's just animal noises." Okay now let me explain. DS9 was already starting to freak out because him along with my DH are terrified of snakes and I think the not knowing what was on the other side of the wall was pretty frightening to him. He had heard from one of his friends that they had saw a python at the Conservation Station. He was willing to come as long as I kept an eye out and wouldn't you know it just as I rounded a corner that's exactly what I saw one of the CM's holding. Luckily there was a wall that was partially blocking the snake (and no I didn't get a picture of it) I quickly ushered DS9 along with his brother over to this.....

As you can tell from his face--he had no idea. (and I never did tell him)
From there we quickly moved outside to the Affection Section, where the boys immediately found a brush and began brushing the goats....

After they washed their hands, we headed out of Rafiki's Planet Watch. Although I admit we didn't spend as much time there as I would have liked. After seeing the snake I figured it was probably better we left before we saw another one. So although the train ride was relaxing, I'm not sure we will visit this section of Animal Kingdom again.
Next Up--Animals, Animals Everywhere!!!!

Last edited by Angies1274; 07-30-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #20
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping to get to another update by tonight and finish our Animal Kingdom day. Then it's off to Magic Kingdom--

Old 06-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #21
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Hi Angie!

I decided to stop over so we could compare notes! We were in WDW April 19-28....none of our park days overlapped though.

Your family is beautiful! Your boys are very handsome young men...you should be a proud mama!

I have read all your updates and am now caught up and ready to go! I'm sure there are many things I wanted to comment on, but I can't remember them right now!

Oh...Love the Epcot update...it's our favorite park! We finally took the time this trip to enjoy Innoventions. Did your son do the one where you put yourself into a video game?? That was our favorite!

My boys LOVE the African drums at AK...it's always a great photo op! I absolutely love your boys' shirts! Did you make them?

Well...now I'm on board and looking forward to another update!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #22
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Hi Angie!

I decided to stop over so we could compare notes! We were in WDW April 19-28....none of our park days overlapped though.

Your family is beautiful! Your boys are very handsome young men...you should be a proud mama!

I have read all your updates and am now caught up and ready to go! I'm sure there are many things I wanted to comment on, but I can't remember them right now!

Oh...Love the Epcot update...it's our favorite park! We finally took the time this trip to enjoy Innoventions. Did your son do the one where you put yourself into a video game?? That was our favorite!

My boys LOVE the African drums at AK...it's always a great photo op! I absolutely love your boys' shirts! Did you make them?

Well...now I'm on board and looking forward to another update!
Hi Missy--I'm so glad you stopped by. We did spend quite a bit of time at Innoventions this trip. My DS would say not nearly enough though. We didn't see the one where you put yourself in the video game. My DS would have loved that. I will have to tell him about it so we can plan it for next time. Oh and I did make the shirts. I got the designs from the very talented Disigners over on the Creative Disign board. They were really fun to make. I actually made some for last year's trip as well. Anyways off to do another update.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #23
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Animals, Animals Everywhere....

When I left off, we were just leaving Rafiki's Planet Watch and were on our way to use our fastpasses for Killimanjaro Safaris. Have I mentioned how much I love fastpasses!! Anyways, in no time at all we were standing ready to hop aboard. They had originally placed us in row one and were very excited thinking that we would be in the very front of the truck but as it pulled up, we ended up switching with a family with younger children than ours and it was their very first trip. We had gotten to sit up front last trip and being in the second seat was not too bad at all. I think we still got some pretty good pics....
We are on our way (the back of the truck in front of us)

We were able to see a lot more animals this trip than last year's trip. (including an elephant and Lion, which unfortunately I wasn't able to get a good picture of) After getting off KS, we decided to walk through the trails....

By this time we were getting pretty hungry from all the walking back and forth and decided to head to lunch. I had looked over all the menus before we left (that's the planner in me) and decided to try Flame Tree Barbecue.

I ended up ordering the smoked 1/2 chicken with beans and coleslaw. DH ordered this as well. The boys decided on hot dogs. We both enjoyed our meal. The chicken did have a very smoky flavor but tasted great with the yummy sauce at the condiment bar. (sorry I don't have any food pics) The only thing about the whole experience that we didn't like was all the birds everywhere. It was really freaking out the boys because it seemed no matter where you looked there was another one begging for food. Although it was a beautiful day outside for this reason alone, we would have preferred to eat indoors.
After we ate, we decided to head back over to the Boneyard for a while to let the boys have some fun and give us adults a chance to sit back and relax some. I am such a dork because last year when we came here apparently I didn't do enough research and we had no idea how to get to the Boneyard--we walked in saw some slides and stuff but didn't even think to go upstairs. (I guess I just thought the stairs only led to the slides.) Anyways, we found it this year. Thanks Disboards Here are a few pictures of the boys.....

DS9 was watching some other kids burying themselves in the sand. I was kind of watching them myself because they were right near the entrance and I was so afraid that somebody not seeing them was going to step on them. A few more pics.

The boys had a really good time here (now that we had finally found the place) continued on next post.......

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-16-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #24
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

continued....Animal Kingdom

Now, we were off to enjoy The Finding Nemo Musical......

We love this show!! But as you can tell--we didn't have the best seats. (we spent a little too much time at the Boneyard.) oh well, we still enjoyed the show. I can still hear the music....."In the Big Blue World......." Okay, I got lost there for a moment--I'm back now.
Since we didn't get much time to spend or any for that matter last trip seeing the Tree of Life, we decided to head over there next. I took so many pictures of the Tree, DH asked me if I was taking a picture of every single animal. Well.... I tried..... Here are just few of the hundreds I took

The boys walked near the waterfall and enjoyed getting cooled off.

After walking around the Tree of Life, our plan was to visit FOTLK but the boys were getting hot and begging to go back to the resort for a swim. I finally gave in....much to my disappointment. But on the brighter side it will be something to look forward to next trip!! A few more pictures on our way out of Animal Kingdom for the day.....

Next up---A stroll around Pop Century Resort. (and then Magic Kingdom...I promise!!!!)

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-16-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #25
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

GREAT AK updates Angie. It really is a beautiful park.

You got some incredible shots of the Tree of Life! Very nice! I saw some carvings I don't think I've noticed before. I bet you could go 20 times and still see something new!

I have the same sentiments about the birds at FTBBQ. I tend not to be a big bird fan as it is, so having them around when I'm eating is definitely not my idea of a good time!

Can't wait to see some pictures of POP. We've never explored any of the Value Resorts and POP gets great reviews...looking forward to hearing about it from you!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #26
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
GREAT AK updates Angie. It really is a beautiful park.

You got some incredible shots of the Tree of Life! Very nice! I saw some carvings I don't think I've noticed before. I bet you could go 20 times and still see something new!

I have the same sentiments about the birds at FTBBQ. I tend not to be a big bird fan as it is, so having them around when I'm eating is definitely not my idea of a good time!

Can't wait to see some pictures of POP. We've never explored any of the Value Resorts and POP gets great reviews...looking forward to hearing about it from you!
Thanks, Missy AK is a beautiful park!! We find new things to see and new trails to explore every time we go!

You would not believe all the Tree of Life pictures that I took. I guess I thought it would be fun to go through them all when we got home and try to find all the animals again--kind of like an I Spy thing for the boys.

We love Pop Century!! This was our second time staying there and we had a blast!! I'm hoping to have that update up in a few days....

Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #27
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I was hoping to get another update posted today. (I am very excited to start working on my Magic Kingdom update) Can you tell? But, DH is getting his stitches removed today from an accident on his hand last week and DS is home sick. Hopefully tomorrow But I thought I would at least post a few pictures that the boys took on our walk around Pop Century. I think they did a pretty good job.

Oh, and I shortened the title of my report. I like being able to add stuff about the updates and I kept running out of room. It basically says the same thing anyways.

Here are the pics the boys took.......

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-16-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #28
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Love the Animal Kingdom pictures. My husband doesn't care for Animal Kingdom too much so my son and I go in early and wander around and he meets up with us later. We found so many different trails around the Tree of Life this year. It was amazing.

Thanks for posting the pictures of Pop. We've never stayed in a value before but are giving Pop a chance in August. Seeing pictures of the resort is getting me more and more excited.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #29
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hey Angie... I'm in! I'm caught up reading your post although I'll have to wait until later today to see your pics - my work blocks them.

I too am a picture fanatic and am determined to snap the craziness out of my new camera this August. Our trips will cross on the 24th and the 25th... we'll have to take a picture of each other if we find one another !
Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #30
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Love the Animal Kingdom pictures. My husband doesn't care for Animal Kingdom too much so my son and I go in early and wander around and he meets up with us later. We found so many different trails around the Tree of Life this year. It was amazing.

Thanks for posting the pictures of Pop. We've never stayed in a value before but are giving Pop a chance in August. Seeing pictures of the resort is getting me more and more excited.
We didn't get a chance last year to even get close to the Tree of Life. So it was a must do this year for us!! The boys had a great time going around the different trails.

Stay tuned I took a lot more pictures of Pop Century that I am going to be posting today. We love staying here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hey Angie... I'm in! I'm caught up reading your post although I'll have to wait until later today to see your pics - my work blocks them.

I too am a picture fanatic and am determined to snap the craziness out of my new camera this August. Our trips will cross on the 24th and the 25th... we'll have to take a picture of each other if we find one another !
Hi!!
I got my camera just before this trip and didn't get a chance to try out all the different settings it had. So it seemed like I was experimenting a lot trying to get the best pictures I could. I finally figured out the whole zoom thing the day before we left. So I can't wait until our trip in August!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: