Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #151
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Oooo, them thar are verrrry dark clouds! I have never seen the HISTK play area before! It looks a lot of fun (except for that really big fly - blech!) but it also looks like quite a few people had the same idea you did about seeking shelter in it.

I remember growing up with the Muppets its time to put on makeup! its time to light the lights! its time to get things started on the Muppet Show tonite! dum-dum-dum-dum!! but we haven't done that show before.

I predict blue skies for the rest of your day!

[eandesmom - I miss Steve too That other guy is just not the same!]
Old 07-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #152
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a good day so far - except for the rain. We didn't get to either of the "action" shows, having girls our priorities were Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast! However Ella has just informed me that she wants to see the "action" show next time
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #153
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
April 20th-Day 5 continued......

Disney's Hollywood Studios

So while I contemplated going and buying some for all of us. What did I see but HISTK play area...Yay!! We quickly ducked inside. The rain was actually starting to let up a little anyway. But being inside the play area helped keep us dry....
Nasty looking skies!

I didn't even know there WAS a HISTK play area, cool pictures.

Now I'm all sad about Bear, and Luna (and Pip and Pop and Treelo and Ojo)...

We had a couple of "bears". Pretty sure I saved one of them at least. DS10 was VERY into Stanley, obsessed even. I have a picture somewhere that I really should scan. I think I liked Bear the most lol! It had good music. I could listen to it without being annoyed lol. But really, it was Luna. Lynne Thigpen was an amazing actress and OH that VOICE!

she is missed.

Poor DS4 at the time was rather put out that DS5 (now10) got to see "his" favorites but that darn Blue wasn't anywhere (nor was Steve, or mailbox or..or...).
Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #154
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
From the look of the sky, I think you guys are in for a bit of rain! When I looked at your stunt show pictures, I see that the stunt guy didn't get set on fire. We've been several times and a couple of those times, the guy didn't catch on fire for some reason.
It rained off and on all afternoon but we were very lucky because it seemed to rain the hardest when we were inside watching a show or having lunch. The ponchos are on the very top of my things to remember for August.

I really can't remember if the stunt guy caught on fire. Everything happened so fast--the explosion, and the fire....I'll have to ask the boys, I'm sure they will remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
The day we were at DHS it was just too, too hot to sit in the bleachers for the stunt show, which was too bad. My DH really wanted to see it, seeing as he loves explosions and fire.

Uh oh, that sky looks threatening. Hope you find some good shelter!
My guys just love all that stuff too--the explosions, the fire and the fast cars! I should have taken a picture of the boys expressions while watching because it was too funny. They had such a great time.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #155
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Oooo, them thar are verrrry dark clouds! I have never seen the HISTK play area before! It looks a lot of fun (except for that really big fly - blech!) but it also looks like quite a few people had the same idea you did about seeking shelter in it.

I remember growing up with the Muppets its time to put on makeup! its time to light the lights! its time to get things started on the Muppet Show tonite! dum-dum-dum-dum!! but we haven't done that show before.

I predict blue skies for the rest of your day!

[eandesmom - I miss Steve too That other guy is just not the same!]
The boys enjoyed playing in HISTK play area. But you are right---alot of people had the same idea as we did, trying to seek shelter from the rain. Despite how much the boys liked it, it made me alittle nervous because of all the places they could explore-- I would lose sight of them and never knew where they would come out from.
I know....The Muppets...I remember watching them all the time growing up. I think you will enjoy the show. Oh....don't forget when you enter the pre-show area, there will be a sign that says "Be back in 5 minutes, Key under the mat." If you pick up the mat, there will actually be a key there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Sounds like a good day so far - except for the rain. We didn't get to either of the "action" shows, having girls our priorities were Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast! However Ella has just informed me that she wants to see the "action" show next time
We were very lucky that the rain held out until the afternoon, when we were watching the "action" shows and seeing a few indoor attractions.
We have decided that we are going to try and make it to Beauty & the Beast next time. I've been trying to talk my boys into seeing The Little Mermaid but haven't had any luck yet....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Nasty looking skies!

I didn't even know there WAS a HISTK play area, cool pictures.

Now I'm all sad about Bear, and Luna (and Pip and Pop and Treelo and Ojo)...

We had a couple of "bears". Pretty sure I saved one of them at least. DS10 was VERY into Stanley, obsessed even. I have a picture somewhere that I really should scan. I think I liked Bear the most lol! It had good music. I could listen to it without being annoyed lol. But really, it was Luna. Lynne Thigpen was an amazing actress and OH that VOICE!

she is missed.

Poor DS4 at the time was rather put out that DS5 (now10) got to see "his" favorites but that darn Blue wasn't anywhere (nor was Steve, or mailbox or..or...).
All the larger than life stuff from the HISTK play area was pretty cool. I only took a few pictures of that area because I was so busy watching the boys--so much for them to explore!!!

We used to have all the Bear character stuffed animals--like Treelo,Ojo, Tutter, Pip and Pop...oh and of course Bear. Slowly over the years though they have been given away or sold... I agree!! It had such great music!! We even purchased the music so we could sing along in the car. It was one of the only shows that I would sit and really enjoy watching. Well...that along with Stanely and Blue's Clues (w/Steve before Joe). We used to watch that Rolie Polie Olie show too.... I miss all those shows....

Old 07-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #156
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Rolie Polie Olie! I haven't seen that in a long time! We do still see Bear and Stanley on Playhouse Disney TV but I can't remember the last time I saw RPO.

My DS4 pretty much watches just Playhouse Disney and Treehouse. He knows the channel numbers to those two stations and loves controlling the remote... and the weather channel too. For some reason he is a weather nut and loves to flip to there once and a while He keeps looking for Tornados!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #157
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My DS4 pretty much watches just Playhouse Disney and Treehouse. He knows the channel numbers to those two stations and loves controlling the remote... and the weather channel too. For some reason he is a weather nut and loves to flip to there once and a while He keeps looking for Tornados!
That's too funny!!! My DS6 is obsessed with the weather channel!! He watches it all the time. Lately, we have been getting alot of thunder and lightening storms here, so he's always checking to see if and when we are getting another one. As a matter of fact, the other day I suggested going to the park and he said "Mommy, maybe we shouldn't. I think it's supposed to rain." Kids...sometimes

Old 07-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #158
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

A little Lunch and then a Parade!!! YAY!

April 20th--Day 5---continued....

Disney Hollywood Studios

It was around 2:20pm and we had just finished watching Muppet 3D. The bags of trail mix that the boys devoured during Lights Motor Action had done a pretty good job holding them over but now they couldn't wait any longer. They were starving!!! (or so they said...) There was no getting around it--I looked left, I looked right but alas they spotted it....straight ahead.. Toy Story Pizza Planet. I was so looking forward to trying a new counter-service place at DHS this year, not that I don't like this place because I do...really....but someplace a little quieter and maybe a little less crowded was my wish. But the boys love this place and we literally had to get them to slow down as they made their way over to the entrance. I decided to take a quick picture on the way in.

The first thing I noticed when we walked in, was that it wasn't that busy...the lines weren't very long and even the arcade part didn't seem as crazy as usual. Then I remembered the Parade was going to be starting very soon, so that was probably the reason?? Whatever it was--I was very happy and before you knew it we were next in line to order. A picture while waiting in line-

DH and the boys ordered the Pepperoni Pizza Combo w/Salad, Drink and a Cookie and I decided to have the Vegetable Pizza Combo w/Salad, Drink and a Rice Crispy Treat. (Mickey shaped of course). We decided to take our chance and head upstairs, where there was usually much more places to sit. The tricky part was trying to juggle the trays while going up the stairs but mission accomplished and now we were on our way to find a table. We grabbed one by the window and plopped down. Looking outside, we noticed that it had started to rain. We had dodged the rain again!! Hmm...maybe I wouldn't need to get those ponchos after all......
A few pictures...

I think I took DH by surprise!! He does not like getting his picture taken....

After eating our lunch, we had no real plans of what we wanted to do. We had pretty much accomplished our must-do things for the day. So we wandered around and looked in a couple shops for a minute. (mostly to get out of the rain.) It finally started to clear up and as we were walking we noticed alot of people standing around. The parade was still going on. I thought for sure we had missed it but it was still going.YAY!! Even though it was at the end of the parade route and it wasn't the best location, I still got some decent pictures of Block Party Bash--

We decided after Block Party Bash to head out of DHS for the day. It was around 4:00pm and after getting up so early for Chef Mickey's everyone was getting tired. We stopped to take a quick picture of the boys..

Another on the way out for the day--

After arriving back at Pop for the night, we decided to bring the boys to the Arcade to play for a little while and then do some more sovenier shopping for family at home. We looked around for awhile but didn't really find what we were looking for so we decided to wait and see what we could find tomorrow at MK. It was a bittersweet thought because although we were very excited to go back to Magic Kingdom, we knew it was our very last day and we would soon be heading home......

Next up--Last day Magic Kingdom!!

Last edited by Angies1274; 07-16-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #159
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I know how it goes with Toy Story Pizza Planet. Oh well supposedly there is no good CS in DHS anyway, so we're not missing much, right that you got to see some of the parade too. It's a bonus. I'm sad to see your TR is winding down
Old 07-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #160
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I know how it goes with Toy Story Pizza Planet. Oh well supposedly there is no good CS in DHS anyway, so we're not missing much, right that you got to see some of the parade too. It's a bonus. I'm sad to see your TR is winding down
That's what I hear about CS places at DHS. So glad to know we aren't missing anything... We were surprised to catch the parade, I thought for sure it would be over by the time we finished eating. We ended up missing it last year--so we were very happy to see it this year!!! It was a cute parade!!! (especially if you love these characters and my boys do!!)

Old 07-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #161
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Okay--just noticed I'm on post 299 and wanted to push it over to 300!! I know....I know.... But I couldn't resist!!!

Still waiting for my Mickey Mail... My poor mailman probably thinks I'm crazy always running to the mailbox every time he delivers something.... It seems like I got it earlier than this for our last trip...or at least I remember getting my Magical Express stuff by now. Oh well...just call me impatiently waiting......

Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #162
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hey Angie! I'm still waiting for my Mickey Mail too. I'm not worried about it per se, but I know I'll feel much better about it when I have it in hand.

We'll be going to Pizza Planet for the first time next month. (Next month !) I think we tried to find it one year thinking it was a store and a meet and greet for Buzz and Woody, but we got lost, sought shelter from the rain somewhere else and never tried to find it again. This time around I know what and where it is so that's where we're going! DS4 is verrry excited about that one.

We've always had our CS at the place beside Star Tours. I forget its name but it has all the props and stuff I think in it? Sells the typical burgers etc and its always been good.

Great pics of the Block Party, and I have to ask because I remember this from our trip too..... why doesn't Jessie have a neck? I mean really, the poor thing looks so cramped and hunched.

I'm sad your TR is winding down too, but I betcha you're ready to start another one soon enough aren't you!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:26 AM   #163
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Angie, I've looked at your update 3 different times today, but kept getting thwarted from replying. Aw, your TR is almost over? You'll write another one, right? RIGHT?

Loved the Block Party Bash pictures. We've not seen it but my kids would love it.

You've got great rain avoidance mojo. Pizza Planet looks pretty good, and I love the "caught" look on DHs face!
Old 07-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #164
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Angie! I'm still waiting for my Mickey Mail too. I'm not worried about it per se, but I know I'll feel much better about it when I have it in hand.

We'll be going to Pizza Planet for the first time next month. (Next month !) I think we tried to find it one year thinking it was a store and a meet and greet for Buzz and Woody, but we got lost, sought shelter from the rain somewhere else and never tried to find it again. This time around I know what and where it is so that's where we're going! DS4 is verrry excited about that one.

We've always had our CS at the place beside Star Tours. I forget its name but it has all the props and stuff I think in it? Sells the typical burgers etc and its always been good.

Great pics of the Block Party, and I have to ask because I remember this from our trip too..... why doesn't Jessie have a neck? I mean really, the poor thing looks so cramped and hunched.

I'm sad your TR is winding down too, but I betcha you're ready to start another one soon enough aren't you!!!

I'm not really worried about my Mickey mail either--just really excited, especially since my parent's will be receiving their Mickey mail for the very first time. But I know there's plenty of time....uh..well.

I think you kids will really enjoy Toy Story Pizza Planet!! We thought the combo meals were pretty big. The boys could have easily shared one. But what they both love most of all is the arcade!! Which sometimes makes it very hard to leave the place.

I had to go back and look at the pics of Jessie in the parade. You're right--very strange.....poor thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Angie, I've looked at your update 3 different times today, but kept getting thwarted from replying. Aw, your TR is almost over? You'll write another one, right? RIGHT?

Loved the Block Party Bash pictures. We've not seen it but my kids would love it.

You've got great rain avoidance mojo. Pizza Planet looks pretty good, and I love the "caught" look on DHs face!
I'm so sad that my TR is almost over... But on the brighter side it will allow me to spend more time reading everyone else's TR's and get me even more excited for our upcoming trip!! (as if that's actually possible)

DH does not like to get his picture taken! So when I attempt to get a picture it's usually the back of his head because he's turned quick, a side view or most often a look of surprise that I actually got the picture.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #165
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Yay I'm so excited!! I got some Mickey mail today!!! Well...kind of I didn't get my luggage tags,etc.but....I did get my Magical Express stuff!!!!(I'll take it)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: