Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #136
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Angie, don't feel bad about not scoring well on Toy Story Mania. I don't do very good on Buzz Lightyear or Toy Story Mania. I'm too busy watching everybody else having a good time. At least that's the excuse I use for my measly score.
I know...I was just too busy watching DS6 have a great time. (I think I'll use that excuse from now on...) Actually, I didn't think I did too bad until I looked over at the girls scores beside us and they were more than double mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
We SO need to go to Chef Mickey's. We opted for the 'Ohana character breakfast this past trip, but Chef Mickey's is a must do for next time!

That video got me all emotional..the music, the smiles on all the faces, your DS's excitement...LOVE it!

We feel the same way about DHS. I think it's the hardest park to navigate, for sure.

TSM is so fun...Glad you got to ride it. We did the "ride standby first, FP second" deal and it worked out perfectly. We were there right at 9:02 though...not sure if that makes a big difference.

OH...almost forgot.....You need a PAID IN FULL dance!

I absolutely love the Life is Good t-shirt...way cute!
You should definitely try Chef Mickey's!! Your boys would love it!!

The video gets to me, every time I watch it. First I'm laughing, then crying because it's just so wonderful to see my boys having such a great time. It makes everything worth it.

Thanks for the paid in full dance. I'm so happy that it's finally paid. It feels soooo close now!! Can't wait!!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #137
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
The last time we saw Playhouse Disney it was still Bear in the Big Blue House. I'd like to see the new show. It looks cute. TSM is a super fun ride. It seems so much easier to figure out than Buzz. Great pictures. Makes me want to go back
Thanks. DS6 loved the show, especially the bubbles everywhere!! It's so funny because when we went last year, we were so disappointed that they stopped showing Bear in the Big Blue House because it used to be my oldest son's very favorite show.
Now that we've rode TSM, I prefer it to Buzz. I think you're right it is much easier to figure out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Me too! I'm glad you enjoyed TSM. We did too. I think it would translate very well into a video game, which I think Disney is planning. Maybe a good Christmas gift.

Ok, the pictures of your boys with the Bolt characters are darling, but I have to admit, the giant hamster is freaky!
I think I've read somewhere that they are making it into a video game. That would be so much fun--I know the boys would love it!! Hopefully it comes out in time for Christmas.

Too funny about the giant hamster But I totally agree with you. I asked the boys after, if that's how he really looked in the movie and they said " Yeah, Mom isn't he cool?" Umm.....okay...whatever you say.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #138
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Two years ago we saw Playhouse Disney with Bear in the Big Blue House and Stanley. (It's...... the....... great big book of everything, and everything inside!) Last year we were sooo excited to see Little Einsteins, etc.... it was a hoot but it was pouring rain right before the show and everyone and their brother was seeking shelter. We too got the "move up please" mantra but we still had a blast.

Bolt and the creepy hamster!! Cannot wait to meet them, we love that movie! The hamster needs his bubble

We absolutely love TSM its a blast isn't it? We've also always bypassed the lines. I didn't even know Mr Potato Head was there until I saw a pic of it!
Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #139
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Glad you enjoyed Disney Playhouse. I am with your DH. I did not like sitting on the floor either and was disappointed myself with it. We were up front to the right of the stage and could barely see anything unless they came to our side. But my kids loved it so I guess that is all the mattered right??

But I was sad too that they do not do the Hot Dog dance at the end. My kids just love that song!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #140
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Two years ago we saw Playhouse Disney with Bear in the Big Blue House and Stanley. (It's...... the....... great big book of everything, and everything inside!) Last year we were sooo excited to see Little Einsteins, etc.... it was a hoot but it was pouring rain right before the show and everyone and their brother was seeking shelter. We too got the "move up please" mantra but we still had a blast.

Bolt and the creepy hamster!! Cannot wait to meet them, we love that movie! The hamster needs his bubble

We absolutely love TSM its a blast isn't it? We've also always bypassed the lines. I didn't even know Mr Potato Head was there until I saw a pic of it!
Ahh.... I remember Stanley!! We loved Stanley!! My oldest watched all those shows when he was younger and now my youngest loves all the new shows, especially Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!! It was a fun show!! But I think we should have stuck to our original plans and separated since DH and DS9 just thought it was okay. Oh well....
I know...a very creepy hamster!!! I still haven't watched that movie yet--I must do that before we go back!!!
We were looking forward to seeing Mr. Potato Head when we were there--and was sad when we missed him. But happy that we zoomed to the front of the line!! You just gotta love fastpass!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Glad you enjoyed Disney Playhouse. I am with your DH. I did not like sitting on the floor either and was disappointed myself with it. We were up front to the right of the stage and could barely see anything unless they came to our side. But my kids loved it so I guess that is all the mattered right??

But I was sad too that they do not do the Hot Dog dance at the end. My kids just love that song!!!
I liked the show, but mostly because I was watching DS and he was enjoying it so much. We didn't really have the best spot either. At one point I had DS sit on my lap so he could see better. But he loved it, especially when he saw all the bubbles.

DS loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and loves the Hot Dog song!! We were disappointed that they didn't do the song either.

Last edited by Angies1274; 07-11-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #141
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

The last time we saw Playhouse Disney was when Bear in the Big Blue House and Stanley were there. It was fun but I hated sitting on the floor and people's feet being shoved into my back. Ugh!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #142
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The last time we saw Playhouse Disney was when Bear in the Big Blue House and Stanley were there. It was fun but I hated sitting on the floor and people's feet being shoved into my back. Ugh!
That's what DH hated as well. As we were pushing forward, trying to make room for everyone, the people in front of them decided not to move very much so poor DS9 ended up sitting behind us. It was cute show overall. DS6 loved it!!! But I think DH and DS9 would have been much happier if they had went off on their own to do something else.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #143
stace208
DIS Veteran

My kids and I are so jealous that you got to see Bolt and Rhino! We are HUGE fans of that movie and wanted to see them so badly! We have a hamster that is a bit, *pudgy*, shall we say, and Rhino reminds us of him

TSM is just so fun it doesn't matter what you score! At least, that's what I tell myself because I don't do that well

Your next trip is coming up quickly...I'm jealous about that too
Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #144
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Two years ago we saw Playhouse Disney with Bear in the Big Blue House and Stanley. (It's...... the....... great big book of everything, and everything inside!)

Treasure this age, when they love Playhouse Disney and the characters at the time. It passes SO soon! It was suge a huge deal (to them) in 04 and now.... the kids don't even remember 90% of it!

I miss Stanley. And Bear (and Luna!). And the other Blue, even Steve. Sigh.

We only got ONE picture in TSM. At that point I was just happy to get on lol!

Score...smore You had fun, that's all that matters L)
Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #145
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
My kids and I are so jealous that you got to see Bolt and Rhino! We are HUGE fans of that movie and wanted to see them so badly! We have a hamster that is a bit, *pudgy*, shall we say, and Rhino reminds us of him

TSM is just so fun it doesn't matter what you score! At least, that's what I tell myself because I don't do that well

Your next trip is coming up quickly...I'm jealous about that too
My boys love the movie Bolt and were so excited to see the characters!! I haven't even watched the movie yet. (which is so unlike me w/Disney movies.) But I'm really excited to see the UP characters that you saw.
TSM is such a great ride and I keep telling myself it doesn't matter what I score. (even though it so pathetic.) My boys love picking on me about it........
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Treasure this age, when they love Playhouse Disney and the characters at the time. It passes SO soon! It was suge a huge deal (to them) in 04 and now.... the kids don't even remember 90% of it!

I miss Stanley. And Bear (and Luna!). And the other Blue, even Steve. Sigh.

We only got ONE picture in TSM. At that point I was just happy to get on lol!

Score...smore You had fun, that's all that matters L)
I miss Stanley too!! But especially Bear in the Big Blue House!! We used to watch those shows all the time. I was disappointed last year when they updated the show because we really wanted to see Bear and all his friends. The new show is alot of fun though and my youngest adored it.

I agree...we had so much fun on TSM!! Maybe it's just all the teasing I get from my boys because of my pathetic score... Oh well....still love the ride.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #146
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Lights Motor Action and HISTK!!!

April 20th-Day 5 continued......

Disney's Hollywood Studios

When I left off, we were just finishing up TSM, it was around noon at this time and we thought it might be fun to walk over and check out Star Tours. This was another ride we were riding for the first time this trip. Surprisingly, it wasn't busy at all and we walked right on. The boys loved this ride. Then again, there are not too many rides at WDW that they don't love. But seriously it was a pretty fun ride and we were glad that we tried it out.

After Star Tours, I knew that we had about 45 minutes before Lights, Motor Action started. So we decided to check out the Backlot Tour. I had heard alot of mixed reviews of this attraction but decided to give a try anyway. It was actually pretty interesting and gave us the opportunity to sit, relax and enjoy the sights. I only got one picture during this ride and I believe it was toward the end. I decided to put my camera away when we first got on the ride because our seats were covered in water and I didn't want to get my camera wet. ( from Catastrophe Canyon) Here is my one lonely picture......

As you can tell, the skies were getting pretty dark as we exited the Backlot Tours. We stopped in the gift shop on the way out and grabbed a few bags of trail mix to share, since the boys were starting to get hungry. By this time it was almost one and we hurried to find seats at Lights Motor Action. I think the guys were most excited to see this show than any other at this park. They are boys after all and they love all this stuff. I actually thought it was pretty cool myself!!! Here's a few pictures I took during the show.....
While waiting for it to begin, I thought it was neat to be able to see the TOT and Sorcerer Hat and decided to take a pic-

And the show began.....

Half-way through the show, it started to rain. We were actually extremely lucky this trip as this is the only time it rained the whole week were there.
After Lights Motor Action we hurried through the rain, watching people pulling on their ponchos and of course what did I forget back at the resort.....you guessed it!!! Ponchos. So while I contemplated going and buying some for all of us. What did I see but HISTK play area...Yay!! We quickly ducked inside. The rain was actually starting to let up a little anyway. But being inside the play area helped keep us dry.... I took a few pictures while the boys played-

By the time we finished up in HISTK, the rain had pretty much stopped but it was still very cloudy and looked like it was going to rain again any minute. The boys wanted lunch but first we stopped and watched Muppet 3D. I love this show!!

UH...OH--Looks like rain again???

Next up--A little lunch and then a Parade-YAY!!

Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #147
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

We've never seen Lights Motor Action or gone on the Backlot Tour. One of these days. My kids just love the HISTK playground. I never realized it is covered. I guess I never looked up
Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #148
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
We've never seen Lights Motor Action or gone on the Backlot Tour. One of these days. My kids just love the HISTK playground. I never realized it is covered. I guess I never looked up
Lights Motor Action is alot of fun!! Definitely action-packed!! My guys loved it!!
HISTK can keep my boys occupied for hours. I'm not actually sure if it's covered. I just think because of all the larger than life stuff around it shielded us from all the rain.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #149
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

From the look of the sky, I think you guys are in for a bit of rain! When I looked at your stunt show pictures, I see that the stunt guy didn't get set on fire. We've been several times and a couple of those times, the guy didn't catch on fire for some reason.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #150
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

The day we were at DHS it was just too, too hot to sit in the bleachers for the stunt show, which was too bad. My DH really wanted to see it, seeing as he loves explosions and fire.

Uh oh, that sky looks threatening. Hope you find some good shelter!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: