Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #16
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Here are some game cards for the lines & dots game. In case you don't know how to play it...it requires two+ players. Each person takes a turn drawing one line. When you make a box out of the lines...you draw your initial inside the box. The person with the most initials inside of boxes wins! This would be another good one to laminate so that you can use it over and over.

Still need to make a scavenger hunt...and your map game. Trying to find a good map...It is a long way from Texas to Orlando...and it's hard to fit that on an 8.5x11 sheet and show towns, etc.

Any other games out there?

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 06-03-2009 at 05:42 PM.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Travel Scavenger Hunt...also 8.5x5.5. I thought I'd make a girl one and a boy one!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 06-03-2009 at 09:57 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Vehicle Bingo...these are a random size because of the box...I made them 6x7 inches. This would be another great one to laminate and use dry erase markers or turn into a magnet game and you could use the mickey and minnie pieces from the checkers game to mark the things found.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #19
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I know these aren't Disney...but since you have to travel to get to the World or a Disney Cruise and this is a travel thread...here are some travel kits that I have made and absolutely love!!! My favorite is the "game kit" because even if you are flying you can throw it in your suitcase and if the weather is bad and you can't get out of the hotel...you have plenty of things to entertain your family.

Nothing passes the time like playing games—and this kit is full of them. Fill a tackle box with your favorite small toys and games, and let the kids loose with it. Serve as referee and scorekeeper or join in on the fun.

I add an oversized envelope in the top of the box with instructions for how to play games for the items in the box, like Yhatzi, Old Maid, War, Pick Up Sticks, Spoons, etc. I also include printable travel games (like the ones in this thread) in the envelope so that all of the games stay together and can be easily found.

For a "Travel Craft Box"...Grab a few supplies from around the house, plus some items purchased at the local crafts store. Organize them in an inexpensive plastic tackle box. This kit of do-it-yourself craft pieces will provide hours of fun for you and the kids.

Also include an oversized envelope in the top of this one and put colored paper in it, envelopes, paper bags and craft sheet ideas for things to make with the items in the box like finger puppets, etc.

For a "Travel Snack Kit" raid the kitchen and assemble this food kit before your next trip. Use the items in this box to turn a simple snack into entertaining fun.

This is one kit that is as much fun for you as it is for the kids. Get creative with ordinary paper, using these supplies to add to their travel journals, or make scrapbooks, bookmarks, greeting cards, or notepads. Or simply use them to jazz up notes and letters to mail to friends and family while you are traveling. I don't have a picture but you use a tackle box as well and here is a list of items that you can put in the "Paper Kit Travel Box".

PAPER FACTORY KIT
A. Tangle Pen and assorted markers
B. Miniature stapler
C. Glue stick and sticky notes
D. Paper clips
E. Tape dispenser and glitter glue
F. Decorative punch
G. Paper clips
H. Paperkins
I. Sticky notes and small rolls of paper
J. Post-It Notes
K. Small stamp pads
L. Decorative stamps
M. Decorative stamps
N. Scissors and assorted stickers
O. Decorative punch
P. Sparkly gel pens

All of these boxes also make WONDERFUL Christmas or birthday gifts for your children or grandchildren. You can collect items as you find them at stores throughout the year and assemble a box or two as it gets closer to the holiday.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 06-04-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #20
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Dolly I truly need to know if you'd PLEASE adopt me???
What a great mom you are!
LOVE all the games and ideas.
I am going to print off a bunch of them for my grand-daughter and also for the kids I work with at school.
Thank-you for taking the time and effort to do all of this
Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #21
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
Dolly I truly need to know if you'd PLEASE adopt me???
What a great mom you are!
LOVE all the games and ideas.
I am going to print off a bunch of them for my grand-daughter and also for the kids I work with at school.
Thank-you for taking the time and effort to do all of this
Hugs Mel
Absolutely! I already have two boys that I adopted when they were in high school...what is one more. I'm just glad to know that more than one person will be using these. It is amazing what we all can do on this site!!! With your wonderful candy wrappers and cruise art and so many others creative DISigns...I just love this site!

Last edited by jtanddolly; 06-02-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Last edited by jtanddolly; 06-03-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #23
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Another set of travel bingo cards...these would make great party favors if you are having a "Cars" theme birthday party. Just laminate and add a set of dry erase markers:

Old 06-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #24
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Here are a few travel things that you can buy (and some that you can make) and are lots of fun...can you tell that I travel A LOT with my family?

Item #1: Really Big Words for Kids
http://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_comp...s_for_kids.cfm

Here is how you can make one of your own:
• Metal lunchbox or metal box with lid
• Labelmaker (we use the Brother P-Touch)
• Old magnets or magnetic sheets
• Scissors
How to make it:
1. Make just individual letters for younger kids, and make several beginnings and endings of easy words for older kids on the labelmaker.
2. Place the labels on the old magnets or magnetic sheets.
3. Cut out around the word beginnings and endings.
4. Place the words inside the lunchbox or metal box.
5. This makes a great activity for your beginning reader.
Tips:
This project can be adapted and changed easily as your child learns new words and concepts. This is easy to carry, store, and play and is ideal for "words on the road".

Item #2: Travel Tray
This soft sided travel tray helps keep their things from sliding off the sides. Fits most car seats. $19.99 http://www.familytravelgear.com/page...ay-travel-tray

There are other products like this out there for older kids as well...look on the internet and check Target and other big discount stores in their automotive isle. Or you can go to the office supply store and they have "bed trays" that are a pillow on one side and hard flat surface on the other side that are great for older kids to put in their laps and write or play games on.

I also love the bags (kind of like backpacks with lots of pockets) that you can find in the automotive isles at Target/Wal-Mart that attach to the back of the driver/front passenger seats to store toys, sippy cups, snacks, etc. for the children. The best thing about them is they keep the back of the seat from getting dirty because when the kids kick the seat...they are kicking the bag not your chair. I have seen Tinkerbell and other disney characters on these types of bags. If I come across some pictures...I will post them with this note!

Last edited by jtanddolly; 06-03-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #25
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I posted a list of travel games for older kids and had a list of games for infants and toddlers that I thought someone might appreciate:

Games for Babies/Toddlers
• Bubbles - hold the bubble wand up to the air-conditioning vent and you won't have to blow them yourself
• Read a good picture book
• Play classical music
• Play “Peek-a-Boo”
• Play “This Little Piggy”
• Sing to your baby
• Car seat links
• Car seat activity center toys
• Play “Where is Thumbkin”
• Baby Mirror
• Play “Where is your nose…toes…fingers…etc.”
• Play with puppets
• rattles of all sorts & music-makers
• a few pieces of mega-blocks
• pop-up toys
• balls (for rest areas during car trips)
• nested containers & sets of things to put into containers
• board books
• small wind-up toys
• blanket, stuffed animal

Games & Things for Pre-Schoolers
• picture books
• stickers and activity books, crayons (preferably square so they don't roll!), felt pens...my BIG suggestion is to buy the markers that only mark on special paper meant to go with them so that you don't have to worry about melted crayons or ink all over your seats!
• lap-sized wipe-off easels
• small mirrors
• finger puppets
• pop-up books
• post-it notes, scotch tape
• masking tape! kids have fun just sticking it, unsticking it, etc.
• wrapped presents, or snacks-- even triple-wrapped
• inexpensive sets of plastic figures (animals, dinosaurs, astronauts...)
• magnetic letters & metal tin
• miniature wind-up train
• learn a long story and tell it well: kids like to hear the same story over and over
• tattoos that press on with a wet cloth
• travel-size Magna- Doodle, Etch-a-Sketch
• threading sets (pictures with yarn)
• felt boards
• small magnetic puzzles
• silly putty

Last edited by jtanddolly; 06-04-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #26
bear74
DIS Veteran

OMG Dolly I love Them. We are thinking of driving from Texas next year. so These would be perfect for road trips here from Dripping Springs to Waco to see FIL. Or from here to the coast.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #27
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
OMG Dolly I love Them. We are thinking of driving from Texas next year. so These would be perfect for road trips here from Dripping Springs to Waco to see FIL. Or from here to the coast.
Yeah! I'm glad that you liked them. I graduated from Baylor University so a Waco trip sounds like fun! Sic 'em Bears.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #28
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

To serve up some backseat fun on your next road trip it was mentioned in the thread to use a cookie sheet for magnet games and here is a picture of a tray full of magnetic games and drawing supplies that you can make.

CRAFT MATERIALS:
Baking sheet
Plain white Con-Tact paper
Magnetic tape
Dry-erase markers
Ribbon
Plain paper
Markers
Buttons
Pocket-style file folder

Time needed: Under 1 Hour
1. To start, cover the cooking surface of a baking sheet with plain white Con-Tact paper to serve as a drawing board.

2. Affix pieces of magnetic tape to several dry-erase markers. For an eraser, tightly tie one end of a piece of ribbon to a small cloth square and the other end to the hole in the baking sheet handle.

3. For additional games, draw a checkerboard, simple crossword puzzles, or bingo-style scorecards of things to look for (a tractor, a sailboat, or a horse, for example) on sheets of plain paper. You can even turn buttons into game pieces by sticking magnetic tape to the backs.

4. Finally, create a handy storage place for your games by applying strips of magnetic tape to the back of a pocket-style file folder and attaching it to the back of the baking sheet.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #29
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Word Search Game...you will want to laminate these as well so that multiple people can play the game. And it will help your children with memory. If they play it several days in a row they will get quicker finding words they have already found, and they will also find new ones. Plus, read the instructions as I put a fun way for the whole family to play together on one card that is a fun way to resuse the card over and over. Plus once you put your travel games away and bring them out for the next trip...it will be new all over again!

Last edited by jtanddolly; 06-03-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #30
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Two more word search games...

Tags
games, princess, road trip, travel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: