Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #91
oregondaddyof2
Dis Dad's Club Member #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
OK you oregonparentsof2 totally have me hooked! I subbed this morning but couldn't view photos at work so I had to wait until I got home. You guys have a beautiful family and I can't wait to hear about the rest of your planning and the actual trip. We're heading down the 26th of Sept and we'll all be in the MK on the 27th (it's my bday...yayyyy! haha).

Oregondaddy...can't wait to see your photos from the trip. I'm a HUGE photo person too (although I'm a Canon girl...just couldn't do Nikon for some reason!) so I've been trying to improve all my skills. I'll have to go check out your flickr stream cause I'm a huge flickr user as well. Definitely jealous of the 35mm 1.8! I love my 50mm 1.8 but have been eyeing the 35.

I will be sure to post a bunch when we get back, but you will still be there when we return I really like Canon also and it was a tough decision which brand to go with... I am really happy with my Nikon and am glad I went that route... I absolutely love my new lens... It takes incredible pictures... Go check out my Flickr account and let me know what you think... I will have to get a link to yours as well...
Old 06-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #92
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Thank you for posting the pictures of your furbabies - they're beautiful! Your Shelbie totally reminds me of the dog my grandparents had many years ago - his name was Cade and he was the sweetest, most tolerant, most loving dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
Okay, so what does everyone think of evening magic hours? We have not done them before and we are planning on doing one at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom, I was just thinking about adding in one at Epcot and maybe Hollywood Studios... Is it crazy busy? If we decide to do them, we will take it easy around lunch time until the early evening then head out...
We've never done evening EMH but everything I've read here has made me of them lol I am planning a morning EMH at MK though, that's probably the same thing in terms of crowds LOL

Quote:
Also, the kids have spoken and thrown out Trex for eating at Pop and swimming on our arrival night... They do not want to eat at Rainforest Cafe either... They want to take out 1 or 2 character meals also, they said they want to save a few to do next trip... So, I am reworking the dining a bit, we make our ADR's on the 17th so I still have 13 days and I am sure things will change 3,752,365 times before then... Last year we didn't add any sit down meals in addition to the 9 that came with the dining plan and that is what the kids are after, not sitting in restaurants more than they are playing or swimming... I can respect that... I think I need to remember that we will be back after this, so I don't have to fit it all in on this trip...
Smart cookies, your kids Relaxing on arrival day so that you can take your time and enjoy your resort when you get there is lovely!

I think we all rework our ADRs a lot, don't we?!

Quote:
Terry is off working overtime today... 10 hours, a co-workers wife was rushed to the hospital so they called Mr. Reliable in to fill the last 2 hours of his post... Then they hired him for an additional 8 hours... Bring the money to Mama!!! I hope the co-workers wife is alright...
Oh no, I hope she is ok! And a big wooohoooo on Mama's money!

Quote:
Oh, snap! We are dealing with severe thunderstorms tonight and now the weather service just interupted the tv to say we now have a tornado warning... great... We never have tornadoes, so this will be scary...

Better go get the animals and kids situated... I am babysitting 5 kids right now, plus have my 2...
Yikes! Stay safe and let us know you're OK when you can

Quote:
I think I heard something about 2 different sides of MS, but never really found out what it was about... We will totally have to try that... Alec loves it!!! I went on in 2004 with my 2 little brothers, and right as the voice was saying, "keep facing forward..." I thought I would be funny and look at my brother and say, "YEAH BLAKE! Don't turn your head!!!" Well, in mid sentence the ride started going and my head got stuck facing my brother!!! All I could say was "Uh Oh!" and "I'm gonna puke" He tried to shove my head away from him and my brother on the other side of me was laughing as butt off... I did not throw up, but I did not feel well for the rest of the day... Neither one of my brothers would ride anything with me for the rest of the trip...
Oh. My. Gosh. Seriously. Although I was never going on M:S anyway, that just cemented my resolve LOL No way am I riding something with barf bags (well, except for a plane LOL).
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #93
coffeehousemom
Mouseketeer

Jumping on great planning so far. Love the pics.

EMH can be cool with little ones but plan your day accordingly if we do a night EMH we go back to resort to "chill" in the afternoon. That way we don't have crabby kids or adults. Well ok lets be honest here crabby daddy is more like it. Kids & I did BTMRR in the dark for the first time this year it was fantastic!

Make sure you guys do the Kim Possible missions in WS they are soooo much fun. I think Chuck & I enjoyed them more than the kids.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #94
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeehousemom View Post
Jumping on great planning so far. Love the pics.

EMH can be cool with little ones but plan your day accordingly if we do a night EMH we go back to resort to "chill" in the afternoon. That way we don't have crabby kids or adults. Well ok lets be honest here crabby daddy is more like it. Kids & I did BTMRR in the dark for the first time this year it was fantastic!

Make sure you guys do the Kim Possible missions in WS they are soooo much fun. I think Chuck & I enjoyed them more than the kids.
Welcome Aboard!!! We will take it easy during the day if we plan on doing EMH's that night... I am afraid I would rip my husband's head off if we didn't...

I am really looking forward to trying out the Kim Possible missions... I think the kids will really like it...
Old 06-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #95
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Today our countdown hits 101 days until start vacation... So, of course the ONLY logical thing to do today is watch a Disney movie... There was obvious choice...

101 Dalmations!!!!

So, I am sitting my my bed on my laptop, with both kids laying with me and 2 dogs snoring and 2 cats that want to lay on my chest... It just doesn't get any better... Well, unless I could go to Disney now... But since Terry is at work, probably not an option...
Old 06-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #96
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I always enjoy seeing pictures of furbabies!! That pic with the tongue is great . I am loving your plans, sounds like you will have so much fun.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #97
oregondaddyof2

Old 06-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #98
joelp
DIS Veteran

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
Old 06-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #99
Grace and Mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregondaddyof2 View Post
:c heer2:

Yea!!!! For 100 days until VACATION!!!!!
Are you doing any thing special to count down the days?

We made a countdown chain for my Grandson, you an see pictures of it my PTR.

Have a Magicial Day
Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #100
oregondaddyof2

We are down to just double digits!!

We are down to just double digits now... It is gonna fly by now!! I will post a pic of our countdown we have been doing since February tonight... My wife made a poster with all the monthly calendars on it and the kids take turns every day putting a sticker on today's space... I am heading to work, so when I get home tonight, I will show it to you... Figured I would add the next countdown image I made...

Last edited by oregondaddyof2; 06-08-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #101
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

We are doing the happy dance at the Oregonparentsof2 household this morning... Be thankful you are not here, cause none of us can dance...

Now for my version of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Walls"

99 Lapu Lapus at the Poly, 99 Lapu Lapus, order one up and drink it down...
Old 06-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #102
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

Oh yes I would love to see the pictures.

WOHOO I WILL JOIN THE DANCE CELEBRATION

Old 06-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #103
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

DH is working graveyard overtime tonight, so I am sitting here, completely redoing our plans for the trip... If I keep this up, he may disown me... I call for ADR's next Wednesday, hoping that I don't have any issues getting what I want...

The kids are very excited that we are in double digits now... If I knew how to post pictures I would show everyone the countdown that we started in February... But it will have to wait until Terry can do it... He is on 6 days straight and at like 80 hours worked in those 6 days, so he is a bit tired...

Have a great night and hopefully we will get this thing more interesting and some pictures put up...
Old 06-10-2009, 12:00 AM   #104
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Is he making extra disney money tonight?

What part of oregon are you in? If I could live anywere it would be somewhere in western oregon...I love it there.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #105
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Is he making extra disney money tonight?

What part of oregon are you in? If I could live anywere it would be somewhere in western oregon...I love it there.
He is making ME some Disney money tonight...
One thing I can say about Terry is he has a great work ethic... They call him a lot and ask if he will come in like right NOW, and work a 12 hour shift... They know they can count on him and he will be there within 20 minutes of the call...

We live in Salem... I lived in Bend for a while, but back then it was just a small desert town... I gotta say I prefer the green in Salem to the desert of Bend...
I also like being an hour from the beach...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: