Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 05:36 AM   #76
joelp
DIS Veteran

Just found your PTR - we're going in Sept, too (but only for 4 days ...) ...

I'll catch up tonight ...

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
Old 06-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #77
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

WOW great shirts and your Plans look great.

I remember that for my trip I had everything organized and it worked well. It is nice to have something to look at your plans are an overview of everything you want to do I am glad you are not doing your plans by the hour or minutes . Everything looks great HallowishesI have never done that can't wait until you go on this trip for pictures.
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #78
Johnson1220
Mouseketeer

just hopping in now and loving reading your PTR !! we will be there in Sept too - albeit not nearly as organized as your family
May 2014 - POR, April 2013 - POR / March 2012 - POR / Sept 2010 - POR / Sept 2009 - POR / Oct 2008 - CBR / Dec 2007 - Beach Club / May 2006 - AS Sports grand gathering / May 2005 - AS Sports / many other off site trips ...

Me : DH DS (7) DD (2.5)
Old 06-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #79
oregondaddyof2
Dis Dad's Club Member #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
Just found your PTR - we're going in Sept, too (but only for 4 days ...) ...

I'll catch up tonight ...
Sounds good... Thanks for jumping on... Hopefully we will keep you entertained

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
WOW great shirts and your Plans look great.

I remember that for my trip I had everything organized and it worked well. It is nice to have something to look at your plans are an overview of everything you want to do I am glad you are not doing your plans by the hour or minutes . Everything looks great HallowishesI have never done that can't wait until you go on this trip for pictures.
Believe me, we have already said that all these plans will probably go out the window when we get there, but we try to at least have an outline to follow... We could not do a vacation that is scheduled down to the minute.. I have pictures from Hallowishes from last year if you want to see them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson1220 View Post
just hopping in now and loving reading your PTR !! we will be there in Sept too - albeit not nearly as organized as your family
What time in Sept are you going? Welcome aboard!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #80
oregondaddyof2
Dis Dad's Club Member #443

I figured I would post a few pictures of our "children" we are leaving at home during this trip...

This is Baylee... She is 8 yrs old and lazy as she can be... She is a complete sweetheart and loves the kids.

This is Twila... She is Tailor's kitty and we have had her for 2 yrs...

These are our girls... Introductions will follow...

This is Gracie... She is 7 yrs old... We call her our heffalump... She loves to play fetch, but loves to sleep even more!

This is Shelbie aka Shelly Belly aka Shelly Belly Bug a Boo aka BellaRoo aka Rufus... She is about 2 yrs old and loves to play... She has brought a little youth back in Gracie... At night, if we are not in bed early enough, Shelbie will put herself to bed on my side of the bed

This one was just funny... Toni will be mad that I posted it, but oh well

One last one of BellaRoo just cause she is so cute! (Even though she dug a huge hole to lay in!)

Now, while we are gone, we contemplated putting the dogs in a doggy hotel, but Shelbie is a very nervous creature and likes to be at home... We got a hold of a good friend of ours named Jordan and asked if he would mind house sitting... His response was "You want me to stay at your house, eat your food, use your heat, and watch your tv??? Heck ya!!" I have added a great video for your viewing pleasure that will explain what he will do for just $10... It involves an electric bug zapper... Please excuse the dark lighting, but you will get the picture... Just click on the link below...

Jordan in Action!!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #82
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Okay, so what does everyone think of evening magic hours? We have not done them before and we are planning on doing one at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom, I was just thinking about adding in one at Epcot and maybe Hollywood Studios... Is it crazy busy? If we decide to do them, we will take it easy around lunch time until the early evening then head out...

Also, the kids have spoken and thrown out Trex for eating at Pop and swimming on our arrival night... They do not want to eat at Rainforest Cafe either... They want to take out 1 or 2 character meals also, they said they want to save a few to do next trip... So, I am reworking the dining a bit, we make our ADR's on the 17th so I still have 13 days and I am sure things will change 3,752,365 times before then... Last year we didn't add any sit down meals in addition to the 9 that came with the dining plan and that is what the kids are after, not sitting in restaurants more than they are playing or swimming... I can respect that... I think I need to remember that we will be back after this, so I don't have to fit it all in on this trip...

Terry is off working overtime today... 10 hours, a co-workers wife was rushed to the hospital so they called Mr. Reliable in to fill the last 2 hours of his post... Then they hired him for an additional 8 hours... Bring the money to Mama!!! I hope the co-workers wife is alright...

Oh, snap! We are dealing with severe thunderstorms tonight and now the weather service just interupted the tv to say we now have a tornado warning... great... We never have tornadoes, so this will be scary...

Better go get the animals and kids situated... I am babysitting 5 kids right now, plus have my 2...

Last edited by oregonmommyof2; 06-04-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #83
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

When we were there last month the EMH were pretty empty especially at AK! We found that most people were either day visitors or staying off-site so things really cleared out at closing time. They worked great for us but I guess it depends where people are staying. Yay for overtime!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #84
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Are you sure it's wise to leave your friend home alone?

EMH has worked for us as long as, if it's the morning, we're there right when it starts and then take a break around 11. We're usually able to get most of the main rides in those few hours..

As for the night ones, it's been hit or miss for us. I think the only one we really liked was AK.

T-Rex is a great restraunt! Actually it's more like an experiences. We all enjoyed it and managed to leave be hind a wad of cash making dinosaurs after.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #85
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

OK you oregonparentsof2 totally have me hooked! I subbed this morning but couldn't view photos at work so I had to wait until I got home. You guys have a beautiful family and I can't wait to hear about the rest of your planning and the actual trip. We're heading down the 26th of Sept and we'll all be in the MK on the 27th (it's my bday...yayyyy! haha).

Oregondaddy...can't wait to see your photos from the trip. I'm a HUGE photo person too (although I'm a Canon girl...just couldn't do Nikon for some reason!) so I've been trying to improve all my skills. I'll have to go check out your flickr stream cause I'm a huge flickr user as well. Definitely jealous of the 35mm 1.8! I love my 50mm 1.8 but have been eyeing the 35.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #86
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Oregonparents! I love all your plans, and your shirts are really fun! We did the same thing last June on our trip to DL. (Okay not exactly like yours, but Mickey Heads with names for all 3 days.) DDIL and I had alot of fun making them.

I did want to mention something about MS at Epcot. There is a non-spinning side now that is just as fun as the spinning side. Well, almost. I'm a fan of the weightlessness, DH not so much. So this March I did non-spin with him - it got from me!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #87
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
When we were there last month the EMH were pretty empty especially at AK! We found that most people were either day visitors or staying off-site so things really cleared out at closing time. They worked great for us but I guess it depends where people are staying. Yay for overtime!
AK is the one I am really looking forward to... I think Terry would really like to hit the World Showcase late at night to get pictures... He is getting really into photography and I think he could get some really nice shots in there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Are you sure it's wise to leave your friend home alone?

EMH has worked for us as long as, if it's the morning, we're there right when it starts and then take a break around 11. We're usually able to get most of the main rides in those few hours..

As for the night ones, it's been hit or miss for us. I think the only one we really liked was AK.

T-Rex is a great restraunt! Actually it's more like an experiences. We all enjoyed it and managed to leave be hind a wad of cash making dinosaurs after.
I bought the kids each a Build A Bear gift card, they don't know it yet, so we will go to Trex and let them do the build a dino... If they decide they want to eat there after all then we will work it in....

I think we will just do one evening magic hours at each park and if there are a ton of people then we will head back to the hotel... On the 27th we are doing Magic Kingdom for sure since it's our last day and they have evening magic hours that night, so even if it's packed we will just deal with it and enjoy the last night, then face reality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
OK you oregonparentsof2 totally have me hooked! I subbed this morning but couldn't view photos at work so I had to wait until I got home. You guys have a beautiful family and I can't wait to hear about the rest of your planning and the actual trip. We're heading down the 26th of Sept and we'll all be in the MK on the 27th (it's my bday...yayyyy! haha).

Oregondaddy...can't wait to see your photos from the trip. I'm a HUGE photo person too (although I'm a Canon girl...just couldn't do Nikon for some reason!) so I've been trying to improve all my skills. I'll have to go check out your flickr stream cause I'm a huge flickr user as well. Definitely jealous of the 35mm 1.8! I love my 50mm 1.8 but have been eyeing the 35.
Hello! I have a confession to make to you... I have been lurking on your PTR... We are doing MK on the 27th, so if you hear some crazy people screaming "Happy Birthday!!!" It is totally us...
Old 06-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #88
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Oregonparents! I love all your plans, and your shirts are really fun! We did the same thing last June on our trip to DL. (Okay not exactly like yours, but Mickey Heads with names for all 3 days.) DDIL and I had alot of fun making them.

I did want to mention something about MS at Epcot. There is a non-spinning side now that is just as fun as the spinning side. Well, almost. I'm a fan of the weightlessness, DH not so much. So this March I did non-spin with him - it got from me!
I think I heard something about 2 different sides of MS, but never really found out what it was about... We will totally have to try that... Alec loves it!!! I went on in 2004 with my 2 little brothers, and right as the voice was saying, "keep facing forward..." I thought I would be funny and look at my brother and say, "YEAH BLAKE! Don't turn your head!!!" Well, in mid sentence the ride started going and my head got stuck facing my brother!!! All I could say was "Uh Oh!" and "I'm gonna puke" He tried to shove my head away from him and my brother on the other side of me was laughing as butt off... I did not throw up, but I did not feel well for the rest of the day... Neither one of my brothers would ride anything with me for the rest of the trip...
Old 06-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #89
joelp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
Okay, so what does everyone think of evening magic hours?

We've done MK and DHS evening EMH - and both times the parks were pretty empty,

Also, the kids have spoken and thrown out Trex for eating at Pop and swimming on our arrival night...

Smart kids - you guys will beat after travellin all day. If you're going to do Crystal Palace for breakfast, I'd recommend getting an early ADR before the MK opens ...

Better go get the animals and kids situated... I am babysitting 5 kids right now, plus have my 2...
... not too mention the 3 puppies ... !!

Also, I'd recommend taking a trip over to the AKL for dinner at Boma and just to check out the resort ... you won't regret it!!

Still catching up with your PTR ...

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #90
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

As a West Coaster, the time change jacks me up for a few days, so the morning EMHs are usually out of the question. However, I have done them in the past and the rule of thumb is to get there early at EMH opening and stay until lunch and then leave. The offsite guests will combine with the resort guests and it will get pretty busy.

Evening EMHs are hit and miss. However, the later the EMH the better. For instance, if MK closes at 10 and the EMH is 10pm to 1am, that last hour is pretty empty especially the kiddie rides. I will do MK evening EMHs because they have the most attractions open thereby distributing the crowds throughout the park.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: