Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #31
oregondaddyof2
Dis Dad's Club Member #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
The pictures of your daughter as a baby with the characters are so precious! They brought a little tear to my eye and made me want another baby.......but then I came back to reality and remembered that I quite enjoy sleeping through the night and a diaper free house.
Thank you so very much for the compliment, and I totally agree about the diaper free house...

Quote:
I love Crystal Palace for Breakfast....we've been there for all three meals and I think breakfast is the best. Plus, if you get an early booking, like 8 ish you get into the park before the herd and you can get great pictures along mainstreet and in front of the castle ........I call these butt free shots.
Butt Free Shots!! That is hilarious... I never thought about getting pictures of main streeet etc without anyone in them... That is awesome...

Quote:
You weren't kidding when you said your wife plans for disney 26 hours a day! I can't believe how organized you are and all the cute creative stuff! That's like drugs to the Disney ocd sufferer.
That is nothing.... We have had suitcases out of the attic since January when we booked the trip, and they are somewhat packed already! My wife has been picking up new clothes, toiletries, and anything else that we are going to need for the trip to put in there so that way she won't have to pack later. She takes time every so often to have me lug the suitcases in from the garage to unpack them, take inventory, make a list of what she has, and then repack. I am grateful however because we have never forgot anything for any trip we have been on due to her OCDPD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
When can I put my order in...................
Anytime bud. I think my wife has got most of our stuff done, so I am ready to work on your stuff. If there is something you need, you let me know, I can try to design it for you. I am not the greatest on Photoshop, so don't expect a miracle, but I can figure out how to make most things. Send me a PM with what you need.

Last edited by oregondaddyof2; 06-02-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #32
Grace and Mickey
DIS Veteran

Wow!! What BEAUTIFUL things made by your wife!!!

She very talented

I love the "there's a diser staying in this room"

Good idea about stoller tags, I have to see if i can find some of those for my grandson stoller.

I'm making a autograph book thought it might help Grandson ( His name is Landen) meet the characters, am a little worried he might be scared, because of their size, he does know most of them by name.

Also making an journal, thought it would be a good way for Daughter and I to remember his reactions to the magic. Did your wife find the journal pages here on the DIS?

I see you collect pins, Do you trade too? If so where do you get your pins?
Today is my 100 day mark and making a countdown chain!!

Have a good day
Grace
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #33
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Your ptr is off to a great start! The pictures of your children are adorable and I love all the things you've been making! We're going back in Sept and we check-in at Pop the day you guys check out. Looking forward to hearing more!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #34
oregondaddyof2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace and Mickey View Post
Wow!! What BEAUTIFUL things made by your wife!!!

She very talented
Thanks She is awesome!

Quote:
I love the "there's a diser staying in this room"
Thank you goes out to Amanda (bentleygirl) as she was nice enough to allow me to use her ideas on this one

Quote:
Good idea about stroller tags, I have to see if i can find some of those for my grandson stoller.

I'm making a autograph book thought it might help Grandson ( His name is Landen) meet the characters, am a little worried he might be scared, because of their size, he does know most of them by name.
I never would have thought about stroller tags, but of course with my wife's amazing planning "problem" she thought this out... They will surely come in handy when there are 500 strollers in the parking lot and you have to get your's from the mix... Last year we bought our autograph book and it wasn't big enough... With all of the ADR's and character meals you get on the free dining plan , and the characters at the parks, you get each character's signature multiple times, and figured it would be cheaper, more personal, and we can add or remove pages as needed this year... It surely helps the kids when they realize the characters are friendly and just want a picture taken and to sign there magical names...

Quote:
Also making an journal, thought it would be a good way for Daughter and I to remember his reactions to the magic. Did your wife find the journal pages here on the DIS?
Not sure about the journal... We didn't make one of those... i think what you are referring to is the Mighty Binder of Planning It contains everything you would need to plan a trip like calendars, pre-plans & itineraries, ADR plans, park hours (from last year), dividers, spare paper, Travel documents with reservation #'s, budget information, packing lists, and more... I am scared of that binder so I don't touch it, but it is awesome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Your ptr is off to a great start! The pictures of your children are adorable and I love all the things you've been making! We're going back in Sept and we check-in at Pop the day you guys check out. Looking forward to hearing more!
Thanks. I have really gotten into this trip and contributed a lot more with the preparation stuff... The last trip in Sept 2008 really unleashed the Disney nut inside of me... Making all that stuff really keeps us into the trip and helps the time go by really fast... I can't believe we are almost down to 100 days left before we know it, we will be there! Pop will be so much fun... have you been there before?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #35
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregondaddyof2 View Post

Thanks. I have really gotten into this trip and contributed a lot more with the preparation stuff... The last trip in Sept 2008 really unleashed the Disney nut inside of me... Making all that stuff really keeps us into the trip and helps the time go by really fast... I can't believe we are almost down to 100 days left before we know it, we will be there! Pop will be so much fun... have you been there before?
We have never stayed at Pop but chose it because so many Dissers seem to love it! We usually stay at a mod but this time its just DH and me (first trip alone in 20 years!) so we thought we'd try something different. I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #36
oregondaddyof2

Here are some pictures I took in 2004 when we stayed at Pop... It is a very fun hotel with a lot of Disney Magic... The customer service was great, and the food court was awesome... You will enjoy the resort, and this is the reason why we chose to go back there...

Old 06-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #37
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #38
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Good morning all.. Thanks for the compliments on the stuff we made for the kids... I gotta give credit where credit is due.... I spent hours, maybe even days looking at the DISign boards... There are so many great designers over there that gave us ideas and have their designs on a photobucket account for you to use...

Terry is pretty handy on the computer... So he was able to look at something and then make one for us how I wanted it too... And he didn't even get mad at me when I went through 2 ink cartridges...

What is really sad, is there is so much more we have done that is not in the photos...

I am also going to defend my self now that my husband has ratted me out to being mostly packed already... I buy us all new clothes for vacation... I have this "thing" about the kids wearing clothes in pictures that are stained and not fresh looking... I also buy all new shoes and sandals... Hey, we are going to need them anyway, we might as well have nice clean shoes for vacation... I also start buying things as soon as we book the trip so I am not having to buy it all at once before we leave... That way I can have it come out of my household budget and not my vacation budget... That is my fuzzy math for today

I must say that Terry is NOT innocent in all of this... He was the one that bought the kids a big boat full of sand toys for the water parks... It is as tall as the suitcase... I gotta try and get that packed... Maybe I should bring all the bags into the house again and repack and make more lists...

I will get Terry to post pictures of our Halloween shirts and maybe some of the other shirts we made for the kids today...
Old 06-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #39
kde175
Mouseketeer

I'm in, too. I'm mostly a lurker, but your awesome envelopes, binders, etc. inspired me to let you know that I am along for the ride.

Our next trip isn't until December, but DH and I are trying to get away for an adult-only trip in either September or October...

You're off to a great start!!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #40
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
I am also going to defend my self now that my husband has ratted me out to being mostly packed already... I buy us all new clothes for vacation... I have this "thing" about the kids wearing clothes in pictures that are stained and not fresh looking... I also buy all new shoes and sandals... Hey, we are going to need them anyway, we might as well have nice clean shoes for vacation... I also start buying things as soon as we book the trip so I am not having to buy it all at once before we leave... That way I can have it come out of my household budget and not my vacation budget... That is my fuzzy math for today

I do the same thing! Everyone but my dh gets new clothes before the trip. My hope is that in later years my kids will look like they were always clean and stain free.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #41
oregondaddyof2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kde175 View Post
I'm in, too. I'm mostly a lurker, but your awesome envelopes, binders, etc. inspired me to let you know that I am along for the ride.

Our next trip isn't until December, but DH and I are trying to get away for an adult-only trip in either September or October...

You're off to a great start!!
That's funny ... My wife is trying to convince me to do the opposite... Family trip in Sept and plan an alone trip for December Welcome aboard...
Old 06-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #42
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

Am in I love the beginning and all the pictures I love the photography thread too. Just need to catch up
Old 06-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #43
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I was just kidding about helping me out with designs and stuff...BUT if you're offering......

We'll see. I'll have to check with my cousin. I think alot of the great things you've designed would go over VERY well with her kids...

I always buy new clothes for the trip....I also try not to wear anything that I've worn on previous WDW vacations.....I don't know about buying a whole new wardrobe though.....
Old 06-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #44
oregondaddyof2

My Wife Just Took Me Shopping!

We just got home from a trip to my local camera shop. I just got a new lens and a monopod ! I got the Nikon 35mm f/1.8 and the Manfrotto 682b and a ball head for the top. I wasn't planning on getting the monopod right now, but since she rocks, she told me to go ahead and get it.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #45
oregondaddyof2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
Am in I love the beginning and all the pictures I love the photography thread too. Just need to catch up
Welcome Lizet... Glad to have you following our PTR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I was just kidding about helping me out with designs and stuff...BUT if you're offering......

We'll see. I'll have to check with my cousin. I think alot of the great things you've designed would go over VERY well with her kids...

I always buy new clothes for the trip....I also try not to wear anything that I've worn on previous WDW vacations.....I don't know about buying a whole new wardrobe though.....
You let me know, and I will do what I can... I have a lot of templates on the computer, so it might be as easy as just putting custom graphics on them...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: