Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
lizandjason
Mouseketeer

Here is your warning: this trip report does not contain much pixie dust

Just back tonight after five much-anticipated days at CSR. Here's the rundown...

CSR
The Good: Nice grounds, nice new room, great pool and hot tub
The Bad: The 'magic' is lacking here, no doubt about it. Between extremely rude staff (with the exception of our bellhop who was lovely), tons of conventioneers and a horrible food court, we will not be back. The Pepper Market is a joke-what genius thought this up? The 'waitresses' don't speak English, and a simple request for Ranch dressing turned into an ordeal. When I say RUDE staff, I mean, very grumpy and indifferent. 'What do you want' I heard when I dared to wander into back of the market for a cookie, and then the worker grabs the cookie with his bare hand...the same hand that he had just used to wipe the counter. Food was extremely greasy and just tasted bad. There were literally 25 conventioneers waiting at one station for their food. The Pepper Market is the sole reason we won't ever stay here again.

Crowds
The Good: Nothing good to report about crowds. Free dining and Epcot Food and Wine Festival brought everyone out. HOWEVER-ride waits weren't horrible. The worst ride times we saw were 90 minutes for Splash Mountain and 80 for Test Track, but with those exceptions, everything was 15-30 minutes.
The Bad: Holy moly, what a cluster, considering the time of year. With a couple of rare exceptions, it didn't matter what day, what park, what time...parks were crowded. It's quite obvious that parents don't care much if their kids miss a week of school.

Food
The Great: Biergarten (WOW)
The Very Good: Surprisingly, Tony's. We walked in at 5 pm and split a salad and one order of Chicken Parmesan..and it was all PLENTY of food, only one TS credit, and then the plan was to split a TS credit on the Big Kahuna breakfast at Kona...but we overslept! I also enjoyed the Shwarma platter at Tangiere Cafe (more meat than I could possibly eat in one sitting, and I can put some food away!)

I woke up with a very sore throat yesterday which lasted all day and then turned into a fever (did I wear myself out, or did I touch too many places where countless germy hands had been?) We left a day early and we were both looking forward to coming home. We planned incessantly for this trip...spent countless hours on the DIS boards and All Ears, and dreamed of what it would be. While we had some great moments, we definitely had more fun planning than doing.

We are in our early 30's, no kids yet, and this was our third trip in 16 months. The trip was just exhaustive and-to be honest-we didn't have many 'new' experiences, it was kind of like...'oh, Pirates of the Caribbean, been there done that.' I kept looking at young couples with small kids and wondering if we were missing out on the true 'meaning' of Disney. Every day was an exhaustive struggle to hurry up and stand in line. We were lured in by a deal but it turns out that this just wasn't the best time for us to go; hopefully in the future we'll have a different perspective and we can try it again, but it will be awhile.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: