Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
CherylA
DIS Veteran

It Was Fun, We Didn't Kill Each Other- Aug 09 TR

I wrote a pre-trip report titled “Pre-TRs are silly- Can this be fun or will we kill each other Aug 09”. You can find that here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2151745
But in case you don’t want to go back and read about my planning here is a short rundown of the characters in this trip report:

Cheryl: (me) DIS board addict, lover of Disney world planning, writer of this TR. I like to eat at Disney. I like most of the rides. I can be cranky, especially in the heat, and if I get hungry, run for your life! (yeah an Aug trip is perfect right?)

Tony: my husband. The true Disney fan, not just a fan of the parks but of everything Disney; the man, the mouse and everything they created together. He can be a lot of fun, or he can be a big poop, usually Disney brings out his fun side!

Izzy: our oldest daughter, she will be 7 when we go on our trip in Aug. She’s been to Disney World lots of times. She’s starting to grow out of the Princess phase but finally isn’t afraid of any of the characters. She’s scared of most rides, still won’t do Barnstormer and 2 years ago I had to drag her kicking and screaming onto A Small World, nuff said…

Lily: been to Disney World lots of times too. She’s only 4 though and doesn’t remember too much other than our last trip in October 08. She asks me at least once a week if we can go back. She loves princesses, and this trip wasn’t afraid of any of the character which was a first! When it comes to rides she’s quite a daredevil for a 4 year old! Lily can get a bit unmanageable at times. When she is good she is very very good (and super funny and adorable) but when she is bad… Well stand back!

So the above has been the cast for almost all of our Disney trips with the exception of two trips 5 and 7 years back that we took with our parents. And it was from those trips that I learned how challenging it can be traveling with anyone beyond your immediate family.
However….

We have a friend who has always said she wanted to go to Disney with us, prior circumstances never allowed it but this year, it does. So she’s coming along and so are her fiancé and her daughter.

So additional cast-

Shelli- my gal pal, my husband has known her since they were teenagers; I’ve known her the 13 years my husband and I have been together. We’re best buds. She’s been to Disney quite a few times with her ex and his family before she had her daughter and only once with her daughter a few years ago. Shelli gives the best hugs ever and somehow that sort of sums up her personality.

Rick- Shelli’s fiancé. A truly good natured and fun loving guy. Likes to eat and seems to have a knack for finding places that sell beer. Oh and he treats Shelli and her daughter Tori wonderfully.

Tori- last but certainly not least is Tori. My girls have known her since birth and they all really get along well together. I think my kids are more excited that Tori is coming on the trip with us than they are about the actual trip itself! She’s a really good girl and even though she’s 9 she is really wonderful about doing some “baby” things with my younger kids. I think she’s kind of over princesses and is most excited about the rides.

So here it is, Aug 18th to the 26th, our trip to Disney…
Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
CherylA
DIS Veteran

We had flight scheduled to leave at 8am on Tues Aug 18th out of Hartford, CT. We decided to spend the night before at the airport hotel which ended up being wonderful. We checked in around 7pm and the kids swam in the indoor pool a bit while the adults had some drinks from the bar.

Before bed we watched airplanes take off from the windows in our rooms. The hotel is actually in the airport so the rooms overlooked the tarmac.

Another bonus was that for a very comparable cost to other airport parking options we were able to park in the hotel’s parking garage which was at the airport. In the morning bell services came to our room and got our luggage. They then walked us to the check in area for our airline and waited while we checked in. It was the most convenient thing you can imagine!

We flew Southwest and the ride was uneventful. Before we knew it we were in Orlando, 30 minutes ahead of schedule! We picked up our car from Alamo while our friends took Magical Express to Coronado Springs where we would meet them. (Later in the day my DH took them to pick up their car at the car care center, they got a better rate that way)We made a quick stop at POP Century to pick up some documents and got drenched by a passing rain storm, we didn’t realize at the time that this was the first of many such occasions! We also thought for a while that my DH had dropped his Blackberry outside so he spent 5 minutes in the pouring rain looking for it. Then we found it under the seat in the car  I wish I had thought to call it!

Documents collected, Blackberry located, we headed to Coronado to check in. Our friends were already there and said check in had gone smoothly and they really liked Magical Express. I had made a request for Casitas 1st floor near the quiet pool which my friend told me she reiterated but that we did not get that area. Since they already had their room assigned and I wanted to be near them I didn’t bring it up further at check in. It worked out fine because I was very happy with where they put us. We were in room 9208 which is in Cabanas and was on the second floor facing the quiet pool. It was a beautiful corner room. I was happy. The only improvement I think would have been 1st floor but we were close to the elevator anyway!

Our rooms weren’t ready so my DH took Rick and two of the kids to go pick up Rick’s car at the car care center. Myself Shelli and oldest DD stayed behind and looked in the gift shop, bought a refillable mug and secretly ate a huge rice krispy treat! It didn’t take them long at all to get back from picking up the car and they said it went very smoothly, no lines!

Now that we all had cars we headed off in search of lunch and groceries. 1st stop was Fudruckers at Crossroads. We love this place and the food was, as usual, very good but too plentiful! I will have a dining review thread soon so stay tuned for that. After lunch we went to the Winn Dixie and ABC liquors which is right in the same parking lot. We picked up milk, bottled water, juice, cans of soda and a little bit of fruit. I had packed breakfast foods in my suitcase from home. We also bought beer, wine coolers and a bottle of Malibu (at the liquor store). Just as we were leaving the stores we got a text from CSR that our rooms were ready. So here's a pic looking up toward our room.

We got settled in our rooms and then drove over to the Wilderness Lodge for dinner at Whispering Canyon. While we waited we had our pictures taken by the bridge near the creek by a photopass photographer. It was a nice bonus and they came out wonderful. Might just be our Christmas card this year! I really enjoyed dinner here. Other than having to get used to the noise, everything else was great. We left bellies overstuffed and went back to CSR to swim in the quiet pool and head to bed to rest up for our big day at Epcot tomorrow!
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
CherylA
DIS Veteran

We wanted to be at Epcot right when they opened at 9am. So we met up with our friends at 8:10. I guess that was a little too early because we had to stand in line at Epcot for 20 minutes until they let us in! Once we got in we headed to Soarin’ for FPs. The plan was for the guys to run ahead and get the FP’s while the ladies and kids took a slower approach, then we would meet and do Soarin’ in the stand by line and save the FP’s for later. There was some confusion though; the guys got the FP’s and then went back outside by the entrance to the Land to meet us. We came in and waited by the entrance to the stand by line for them. We must have been coming in while they were going out. By the time we figured this all out the stand by line was an hour, so we decided to move on.

We had 10:45 reservations for the Princess BF in Norway so we didn’t want to get too involved in anything. We decided to head over to the Living Seas. We did the clammobiles, took pictures in Bruce’s mouth,

and watched them feed the moray eels, which was really cool. We also did Turtle Talk which may have been stretching it because by the time we got out we had to run over to Norway! It was an awesome time to be in the Living Seas, we had the place to ourselves!

Everyone enjoyed the Princess Breakfast especially the 3 girls. We got some great pics and really enjoyed the food. I have done both lunch and dinner here before and while I didn’t hate lunch and dinner I preferred the more standard breakfast fare.

Once we left the Princess Breakfast we decided to do the Malstrom. We only had one day in each of the parks so if we wanted to do something and we were near it we did it then; we knew there was little to no chance we would make it back to the attraction.

After that it was back to Soarin to use our FPs, we also got another set of FPs for later. We wanted to cut out of the park before anyone got too tired or cranky (that was the plan the whole trip) so we made our way out, stopping to ride Spaceship Earth on the way out. (again, even though there was a short line here and there is NEVER a line, we waited anyway because we didn’t know if we would be able to do it later)

We drove back to CSR and spent some time at the quiet pool before showering and returning to Epcot. We got FP’s for Spaceship Earth and headed over to the World Showcase to find some dinner. We left the choice of this counter service up to our friends asking them if they wanted to eat at Sunshine Seasons or in the countries. In hind sight we should have just gone to Sunshine Seasons. We didn’t know which countries we wanted food from so we started in Mexico where my daughter wanted a taco, low and behold they no longer have tacos. ??? what??? We ended up walking all the way to America where Shelli and my DH got food and stayed with the kids while me and Rick walked to England to get fish and chips for the adults, which we then brought back to America to eat. It was good fish and chips but for a counter service dinner it was much too time consuming and exhausting! Anywhoo we were fed so it was off to do some more attractions.

The kids wanted to do Kim Possible so the men took them on that hunt and the ladies followed behind ducking into shops for a peak whenever we could. The kids loved the Kim Possible adventure and we will be doing it again. After that my DH, and our friends rode Mission Space with FPs while me and my DDs checked out the shop. It was getting late and we were getting tired so we used our FPs for Soaring again and on the way out of the park stopped to watch a partial view of the fireworks from Illuminations. We were back in the room by 9:45. I got the kids in bed and then went for a walk around the resort. For some reason they couldn’t fall asleep with me in the room but it was okay with my DH there, so I took at lot of late night walks!

Atleast I got a chance to take some pictures of our beautiful resort! I came back to sleeping girls. I organized our stuff for the next day at Typhoon Lagoon and got to bed by midnight.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Sounds good, we were there the same time as you were.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #5
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Sounds good, we were there the same time as you were.

It was a nice time to be there, I thought; for August not as hot as I had expected. I'm so excited to have a reader, thanks for posting!

Thursday Aug 20- Typhoon Lagoon

We got to sleep in a little late today since we were going to the water park. We ate some breakfast in the room (healthy stuff like POP tarts and cocoa krispys!) We got to TL about 10:45. Our friends had to buy tickets so we waited for them to do that. We were all set with tickets since we had purchased the 10 day water park fun and more non expiring passes. Even though we had long ago used up all the theme park days we still had plenty of water park days left. Every time we used one day I would subtract one from the 10 and mark it in sharpie on the ticket. But when my DH tried to get in the CM told him there were no plusses left. So over we went to Guest Services. They were wonderful and explained that when I had bought the tickets they only came with 6 plusses not 10 like they do now but she reissued the tickets and when they were reissued they had 10 minus the ones we had already used. So I was back where I thought I should be which made me happy.

While I was working all this our friends took the kids and headed to the Wave pool where we met them. We decided to set up camp by the kiddie area since my kids like it there. We did the lazy river, had lunch at Leaning Palms (why do people need to stake out a table so far ahead of their group actually showing up?), did Crush n Gusher, the storm slides and the family raft ride. Spent more time playing in the kiddie area, took pictures with Stitch and finished up with a few more big waves in the wave pool. For what was supposed to be a relaxing day, we were exhausted! We left a little before 5 and went back to CSR to rest/shower/change. We had WAVE reservations for 7:15

As I said, I’ll be writing a dining review so I won’t go into it here, but, I will say I didn’t like the WAVE! After dinner our friends were tired so they went back to the CSR. We hung around a bit to check out the new Bay Lake Tower (love it!) and view the MK fireworks! We headed back to the room and got ready for our big day at the Magic Kingdom!!

Friday Aug 21st -MK day.

We were up about 7, had a quick snack in the room and met our friends about 8:10. Even thought that had been too early for Epcot we thought it would be about right for MK since we had to park at the TTC and take the monorail over to MK. We thought the ferry might be nice but it wasn’t running that early. We were at MK in plenty of time to see the opening ceremonies then off we went to Dumbo of course! We then got FP for Peter Pan, did Pooh, met Ariel in her Grotto (this was AWESOME first thing in the AM, no line and lots of special time with Ariel) We rode A Small World and the carousel before heading over to Crystal Palace for our 10:15 reservation. We waited about 20 minutes to be seated but it was worth it. This was one of the best dining experiences of the trip. I used to do this meal every time we came to the MK but then my kids came along and they were so afraid of all the characters (except princesses) that these types of character meals weren’t enjoyable. But now at 4 and 7 they are over their fear and we had a wonderful time!

Since we were back at Main Street we decided to redirect and went to Adventureland where we went on Pirates, did the Tiki Room and the Country Bears. Everyone was starting to look weary so before anyone had a meltdown we started to head out of the park. On the way out we passed Aloha Isle where we waited a very long time for a very good pineapple float! My 4 year old had a dish of the Orange dole whip that she was making a complete mess of ( picture a 4 year old, in the August heat, sitting in a stroller with a huge overflowing dish of orange ice cream) but I had packed water and ice in my soft sided cooler and to keep it from leaking I put wash cloths in the bottom of the cooler. I took them out and laid them on her lap and tucked them in her shirt. It made it much easier for her and I to enjoy ourselves. This washcloth idea worked on so many other occasions too, from wiping faces, to dipping in the melting ice water to cool our necks I will be doing this on all my future trips!

We took a nice long rest today since the MK had EMHs tonight and they were open until 1am. We also had the fireworks party reserved for tonight. After a nice long nap we got up and went to the Pepper Market at our resort (CSR) for dinner. This was really good! Back at the MK it was really crowded. We used our Peter Pan FPs, rode the tea cups and then headed over to the fireworks party at 9:00 (for 10:00 fireworks) We enjoyed the fireworks dessert party and loved having a clear view of the fireworks without being surrounded by elbow to elbow people. The yummy desserts were nice too!

After fireworks we rode on Buzz with FPs, did The Laugh Factory (this was a new one for us, I loved what I got to see which was about half because my DD4 had to pee!) Our friends did Stitch while my family wandered over the Tomorrowland bridge to watch Spectro. We regrouped and did the Speedway then did the Haunted Mansion. By now we were beat and it was after midnight. Our friends went back to Fantasyland so their DD could ride Small World one more time and we headed out, but we were waylaid by the smell of hot dogs and stopped at Casey’s to share a CS meal! We didn’t get back to the room to 2am. My DDs were such troopers, they were still awake! Good thing tomorrow is a restful pool day!

Last edited by CherylA; 05-05-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Saturday Aug 22nd-Pool Day

Since today was our pool day; we slept late, let the girls watch TV and then walked to the Pepper Market for some breakfast. Our friends went to see family today so we were flying solo. We walked around the convention center (for longer than we wanted to, I got us lost!) then we hopped in the car for a ride to our favorite value resort, POP Century. We loved staying at CSR but there were a lot of things about POP that we missed. We played in the arcade for a while and shared some counter service from the food court. The girls were dying to check out the CSR themed pool, which we hadn’t been to yet so we hurried back to CSR and spent a few hours at the pool. We had an order of chicken fingers from the snack bar at the pool and enjoyed the sun and fun. After some quick showers we were ready to head to DTD where we were going to meet up with one of my DH’s friends . We got to DTD and had dinner at Wolfgang Puck café, one of our favorites! Then we walked around a bit with my DH’s friend. It was super busy at DTD as it usually is on a Saturday night. We quickly had enough and called it a night. Back to the resort to rest up for Hollywood Studios!

Sunday Aug 23rd- Hollywood Studios

Our friends were back from their family adventure and we all met up at 8:15. Again we were at rope drop. We knew how crazy Toy Story would be and had learned from our Soarin experience about needing to have a definite meeting spot. The plan, like with Soarin, was to get the FPs and then ride stand by and save the FP but it took so long to get the FPs that the line was 90 minutes already by the time we had our FPs! So we went on the Great Movie Ride and did Muppets before our Toy Story FP time came up.

Everyone loved Toy Story so we got more FPs for later. We split from our friends so they could do some bigger rides. We went to Playhouse Disney watched the stunt show and saw the little Mermaid before heading back to the room for a rest. It was a short rest because we had 5:30 reservations for 50’s Prime Time. After our short rest we met back up with our friends at CSR and drove to Hollywood Studios together.

As we waited for the parking lot tram it got really cloudy and you could see the rain off in the distance. I took out my umbrella but before we could get ponchos out and on; we were hit with a wave of water, and it wouldn’t stop coming down, the wind blew my umbrella inside out and the kids screamed and yelled “I want my poncho” and the tram didn’t come. It kept on pouring and finally here comes the tram but the seats have 2 inches of water puddled on them and the rain is coming in sideway and they made us put our umbrellas down so I couldn’t even use it as protection from the side. Once we’re all loaded the tram driver just sat there and waited for what felt like an eternity before he started driving. We finally pull up to the front entrance and get out and voila the rain stops. I am so wet that my underwear is literally dripping. We are trying to squeeze out our socks when up pulls the next tram with 2 people in it. Two dry people. Why is it that stuff like that makes me so crazy?!

Despite being drenched we have 5:30 reservations for dinner and it’s 5:15 so after a quick stop at the restroom to try and dry off we head toward the restaurant. The thing that was so tough was that the sun was starting to go down so there was no sun to dry out the sweatshirts and sweaters we had in our bags which also all got wet. We were so afraid we were going to freeze in the restaurant but the temp wasn’t too cold in there which was good. Still it’s hard to enjoy anything when your wet. This was one of my least favorite meals of the trip but to be fair maybe it was just because I was so uncomfortable and worried about the kids. I did stop in a shop to see about getting a sweatshirt or new dress for the kids or something but both me and my 2 girls had on dresses so we couldn’t just buy a t-shirt and everything is so expensive. $140 for sweatshirts for us 3 girls was just not in the budget! Our clothes dried out a bit during dinner and we were able to get on with some rides!

The families split up again as this park definitely separates the thrill seekers from the more timid! My family had a second set of FPs for Toy Story that we used then we weren’t sure what to do sine it was getting later and all the attractions for the younger kids we had either done earlier in the day or they were closed. I like Rockin Roller Coaster so we walked over there so I could do the singles line. Up thought the queue I go and when I get to the end I am standing alongside the FP line. And who is standing in that line at the exact spot where I stop? My friends! And Rick didn’t want to go so they have an extra FP. I hop the line and ride with them which is nice. All the times I’ve ridden this and I think only one time before did I go with someone! Now that the families are reunited we decide to go get in the line for the 10:00 Fantasmic.

We grab some popcorns and sodas (which never make it inside, we eat them in line!) and chat with some other people while we wait. Fantasmic was great but we were pooped by the time we got back to the room!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Monday Aug 24th was supposed to be our day to do Blizzard Beach, our friends had planned to stay by the pool. After having had such an exhausting day at Typhoon Lagoon a few days earlier we couldn’t take another go go go day, so we decided to have a shopping and pool day instead.

Sooo… we slept late (yay) watched TV and I put in a load of laundry. The laundry room was right by the quiet pool and we were facing the quiet pool so it was very convenient! I needed to wash some clothes after everything got all wet and yucky yesterday. When the laundry finished we walked down to the Pepper Market for lunch which was good but not quite as good as dinner had been. We were on the Dining Plan but I kept saying, “I wouldn’t want to be paying OOP at these prices” The prices are really high compared to the other resort food courts, add on that 10% gratuity and it would be killer!

After lunch we got in the car to try and find some of the Disney Outlets. We did find one, we had looked for it last trip and had been in the right Outlet center but hadn’t driven around to the right side. This time though we found it. It was fun, I picked out a couple things and the girls got something and we got a couple gifts for the folks back home, all at more than reasonable prices. We took our time strolling back to the car and the girls got a smoothie from the stand there. We didn’t go in any other outlets.

Back at Coronado we decided to head over to the pool and try to find our friends. We found them and we brought the rain with us. We did get to swim for a while before the rain came and during the rain we hid under the umbrella at our table. It was fine. We had 5:20 reservations for Chef Mickey’s so we washed up and headed over to the Contemporary. After a short wait we were seated in a corner by the windows. I was a good location, out of the way in the main dining room. We got some great pictures with the characters...

The food was all very good but I totally overstuffed myself. I really hadn’t done this on the rest of the trip. I just hit my goal weight on Weight Watchers so I was trying not to go overboard but I think having a salad first and then trying all the yummy things after that was a bad idea. I learned from my mistake and next time (Tusker House) skipped the salad!

After dinner our friends went back to the resort to relax and my family went to Winter/Summerland Mini Golf.

We usually do the Fantasia mini golf but this was a nice change of pace. After mini golf we drove around town a bit more and located another of the Disney outlet store but it was 9:00 and they were closing. My DH insisted on stopping back at the Contemporary on our way back to CSR to look more my lens cap that I lost but we didn’t find it so we went back the resort and called it a night.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Tuesday Aug 25th- Animal Kingdom

This was our last full day in Orlando. We had Animal Kingdom scheduled today. We pulled ourselves out of bed and made it to AK just before the 9am rope drop. Straight to the safari where we got FP’s then we walked the Pangani trail while we waited for our FP time. We were able to get some good views of the Gorillas this morning.

We rode the Safari and also had some great views. The lion once again proved to be elusive but we got to see lots of elephants, even a baby who was super cute!

After the safari we got FPs for Everest at the central FP hub, had a snack from the bakery window by Tusker house (pretty bad cappuccino BTW) and then watched the Lion King show. Our two bigger girls got picked to be in the parade at the end.

My little one was a little annoyed but I think she would have been afraid anyway. When my older DD was 4 she got picked to be in the parade but chickened out halfway through the CM explaining it to her! She felt redeemed to get another shot at it. We stopped back at the central FP location for FPs to Dinosaur and then went to Tusker House for our 12:50 reservations.

We originally we supposed to be dining at Yak and Yeti tonight. Park closing had been listed as being until 7 tonight so I had made 6:45 reservations figuring we could eat and then when we came out we would get to see the park at night. A month before our trip they changed the hours on the website to close time of 5:00. After reading some DIS posts about it I realized that my 6:45 reservations were useless; I booked Tusker House for lunch instead. Don’t you know that morning when we came into AK there was a note on the times guide announcing that two of the ‘lands’ would be open until 7 tonight, including Asia and the Yak and Yeti. So maybe my reservations still would have been there? Who knows. This annoyed me but it worked out fine.

So we ate at Tusker House and liked it but it was a big buffet for the middle of the day in August! So after a huge meal we head out into the sweltering heat and decide, “ Hey let’s do Everest”, smart huh? It was fine, we didn’t get sick. I rode with my friend and her daughter. My husband stayed with our kids while they did a stamp booklet. They had these little stations set up where you learned about a topic and got a stamp. Our friend Rick waited for the daring riders in the gift shop. Since we had gotten FPs for everyone and only 3 of us went we had enough FPs to go again. There was no wait in the FP line which was nice.

We had our fill of the Yeti so we met back up with Rick (my friend’s DH) and started toward Dinosaur where we were going to meet my DH and kids. Rick’s knee was really bothering him, he had been having trouble with it all week but now on this 7th day of vacation he was really hobbling. We passed right by the Nemo show on the way to Dinosaur and Nemo was just about to start. Being true to the “let’s do things while we can” attitude I decided we should do Nemo right then so Rick could sit down and so we wouldn’t miss the show. I called my DH to have him come meet me by Nemo but he didn’t answer his phone. I sent my friends in to watch the show and headed over to Dinosaur to meet my DH and kids.

Once I got my DH on the phone I found out the kids were really having fun with the stamp booklet and that they had just two stations left until they had done them all and got the completion stamp. We decided on a meeting spot just over the bridge into Asia at the frozen coke stand. I walked over there, got myself a frozen coke and hung out in the little shaded hut by the bridge. It took my DH and the kids a long time to finally arrive but when they did they had just enough time to get their own frozen drinks before the parade started. It came right over the bridge and we could see nicely from our little shaded hut. We were happy.

After the parade the kids still had one more stamp to get and it was over in Dinoland so off we went. They did their little challenge then said their final pledge and got their completion stamps. That done we went over to Dinosaur.

I pretty much had given up on meeting back up with our friends and I knew we had missed our opportunity to see Nemo, but that’s okay we have seen it before. On this trip I was okay with missing some things. It was a nice feeling and let me enjoy what we were doing at the moment instead of worrying about what we “should” be doing. We have plans to return for 7 full park days on our February trip so I think that’s why I had that attitude. My DH rode Dinosaur with our 4 year old (and she loved it!) while my 7 year old and I hung out at Restaurantasourus and I had a hot dog. I have no idea how I could have been hungry again after all that food at Tusker house, but I was.

It was 5:00 by the time my DH got off Dinosaur. We were planning to meet my cousin and her family at Downtown Disney tonight so I wanted to get back to the resort for a little rest. We showered and watched some TV and I started to pack a little. We were just about ready to go when it started to pour out. I had to call my cousin and push back our meeting time by 1/2 hour. We finally met up at DTD at 7:20. My daughter was immediately asking about getting a hair wrap since our traveling partner Tori had gotten one a few nights earlier. Once she saw that, my DD had to have one too. So that was a main objective tonight. But we were all hungry so first we went to Wolfgang Puck Café (again). We used the remainder of our CS credits and paid for some things out of pocket. We then went in search of the hair wrap kiosk but it was closed form the rain. I didn’t tell my DD because I knew she’d be heart broken. It was our last night so if she didn’t get it tonight she wouldn’t get it at all.

We looked in some shops while I secretly prayed they would open the kiosk. Another check and it was still closed. The whole time my DD is asking, “Can I go get my hair wrap NOW?” I couldn’t put it off anymore and I told her it had closed from the rain and it didn’t look like it was going to open up. My DD fell apart, she was so disappointed. My DH took her out of the store promising to do whatever he could to get her a hair warp. Well, he walked over to guest services to ask about it and by the time he walked over to the hair wrap kiosk the girl was just opening it up. Thank heavens for small miracles! So she was happy. We stopped at Goofy’s candy Co then got a popcorn and headed out. A quick stop at Walgreens for some motion sickness medicine and we were back at the resort. I went for my usual walk and then came back to pack for the next day’s departure.

Wednesday Aug 26th - Departure

we were up at 6 am. We wanted to meet up at 8am this morning but it took me until 8:20 to be ready and fully packed. Quick drive to the airport, the guys drop the ladies and kids off at curbside check in and then drive down to return the cars. We wait for them and when they come back we begin checking our bags at curbside check-in. This is when my DH realizes he doesn’t have his wallet and is sure he left it in the rental car (2 trips ago he left his laptop in the rental!) He bolts to the car return area and not 5 minutes later he is back with his wallet. What am I going to do with that man? We headed out on a 10:50 Southwest flight and that was it, our flight home was uneventful.

Thanks for reading!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
TonyB
Mouseketeer

Sounds like an awesome time...
WDW - 09/05 (All Star Movies)DCL - 05/21/2006 Wonder (Stateroom 2534)WDW - 05/06 (OKW)
WDW - 09/06 (Pop Century)WDW - 02/07 (Villas @ Wilderness Lodge)WDW - 09/07 (Pop Century)WDW - 9/08 (Pop Century)
WDW - 10/08 (Pop Century/OKW)WDW - 08/09 (CBR)WDW - 02/10 (Holiday Inn - Downtown Disney)
WDW - 04/10 (All Star Movies)DCL - 04/22/2010 Wonder (Stateroom 2620)WDW - 11/10 (Pop Century)
Old 10-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #10
TonyB
Mouseketeer

By the way, what a handsome man your husband is!!

Oh wait, that's me...
WDW - 09/05 (All Star Movies)DCL - 05/21/2006 Wonder (Stateroom 2534)WDW - 05/06 (OKW)
WDW - 09/06 (Pop Century)WDW - 02/07 (Villas @ Wilderness Lodge)WDW - 09/07 (Pop Century)WDW - 9/08 (Pop Century)
WDW - 10/08 (Pop Century/OKW)WDW - 08/09 (CBR)WDW - 02/10 (Holiday Inn - Downtown Disney)
WDW - 04/10 (All Star Movies)DCL - 04/22/2010 Wonder (Stateroom 2620)WDW - 11/10 (Pop Century)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: