Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #1036
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

What a great TR, LL! I loved following it and look forward to the next one!! I'm with you on foot care, my Mom had a terrible time with blisters this past trip, we rented a wheelchair right away, cause I remember what a hard time you had!! It made things MUCH better for us. And those blister pads are a lifesaver, too! So thanks for the tips, you made our trip better following those rules!

I'm with you on staying at one of the All Stars, we did our 1st family trip at Movies and it was great, we loved it, but I hated having to stop at all the All Stars to drop off/pick up, with the kids it was WAY too much, hence why we've done POP now twice. It makes a huge difference on traveling!

I hate to see this end, but look forward to many more trips by you! Thanks again for sharing!!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #1037
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Loved your tr. So sad to see it end. But can't wait for your Jan tr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #1038
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am so sad that your trip report is finished. Despite your horrible foot pain and the rain, you had a lot of great moments on your trip -- I can't wait for you to head back!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #1039
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I can't believe your trip report is done already. I've enjoyed reading it - the good and the bad. I feel so terrible that you had so much rain this trip. I've gone on several Disney trips at the end of May/begining of June and always had gorgeous weather. I think this was just a crazy bad weather year.

Can't wait to hear about your January trip!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 09-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #1040
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Leslie. It was great fun to read about your adventures with Miss Jen and Mom. Now I'm looking forward to reading all about the plans for a pain and rain free Disney re-do in January.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #1041
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

It's not so sad ending a trip report when you know you have another one in the works.

I know I'm guilty of overplanning many times over. It all seems so doable when you're sitting at your computer at home.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 09-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #1042
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Well, obviously I'm a bit late to the party! I just stumbled on your report yesterday and read it all the way through. May I say THANK YOU for the links on the first page? I love that! Typically I won't sub a report when I see it has 1000 posts ( ) because I know I'll never make it through, but you made it so easy. Of course I missed all the fun chit chat in between updates, but oh well. I do hope you get the foot issue figured out before the next trip. Was it the crocs do you think? I'm sure you've discussed this ad nauseum (but remember, I missed all that ) but maybe they are just not the shoe for you. I know they killed my mom's feet on our first trip together. I find them pretty comfy on a day to day basis, but only with socks, and I don't think they'd work for me in the parks. Anyway, I'm sure glad you broke down and rented a scoot at AK - boy you'd have been miserable trying to do that big old park with your poor aching tootsies. Next time don't be so stubborn and get one sooner!

Looking forward to your next TR!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #1043
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey LL,

I thought that your tr was great for its combination of optimism and fun and your honesty...

While you clearly adore Disney-I think that it was very honest and a favor to other travelers to talk about the rain...(which I think you handled w/ grace and aplomb... and your feet...which while unpleasant/OUCH for you...I also think you handled with a great deal of grace...and I think people need to think about having the right shoes/medical supplies...since most of us don't do the kind of walking we do at Disney and need to be prepared for it...(I think you made the very best out of an uncomfortable situation...

I am very much looking forward to hearing about your January trip...

YOU go girl...
Old 10-14-2009, 08:03 AM   #1044
Philadisney
In the Name of Epcot
Sometimes when I shower, I have to stare at the drain just in case a spooky clown starts climbing up it
Carries the chicken in style

LL! I spent my evening last night finishing your wonderful TR. I'm so glad I did, even though I am sooo behind you have so many amazing pictures like the rainbow over Dumbo (well worth getting soaked for), Spectromagic (especially that lovely peacock) and all the delightful light fixtures at CRT. The only bad part about your report was reading about how much your feet hurt I actually breathed a sigh of relief myself when you finally rented a scooter. It sounds like it hurt so much, I hope you don't have the same problems on your January trip. I'm glad you're going back so soon so we can read another one of your reports!
Nov '09: SS Aug '08: WL/BC May '06: POFQ March '05: CSR July '04: POR/Wonder cruise Fall 2002: College Program at Vista Way! (EPCOT) Nov '93, July '00, Nov '06: DL offsite July '88, July '90, April '97, July '06, March '09: WDW offsite

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: