Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #931
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

You have a Mickey gnome pin....I'm so jealous I really really want to get one!! Hmmm...will have to go visit EBAY LOL!!!!

I'm so glad you went along with your mom and rented the scooter...now you were able to enjoy the park and have a great day at AK!! I love Nemo...and I'm so going to see FOTLK for the first time in Sept LOL!!

Lunch looked really yummy!!!!!

Great update!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-25-2009, 05:41 AM   #932
tommygirl79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
You have a Mickey gnome pin....I'm so jealous I really really want to get one!! Hmmm...will have to go visit EBAY LOL!!!!

I'm so glad you went along with your mom and rented the scooter...now you were able to enjoy the park and have a great day at AK!! I love Nemo...and I'm so going to see FOTLK for the first time in Sept LOL!!

Lunch looked really yummy!!!!!

Great update!!!
I generally lurk when reading trip reports so I haven't commeted here yet - but I was wondering if you, Jen, play Farkle on Facebook? I'm fairly certain I just played against you a moment ago! :-)
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2009, 07:01 AM   #933
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Hey. I will be the first person to tell you there is nothing wrong with renting a scooter when you need it. I can't tell you how long it took us to convince Nana of that and some days we still have trouble. Sometimes, for whatever reason, walking is too much.

You needed one. And they are hard to drive, don't you feel bad at all! We've had some interesting moments as well, but we laugh and get over it. Seems like you were able to have a great day despite your hurting feet, and that's what matters.

Isn't it nice to go through the Safari without a camera? I stopped taking pictures a while back, because I just wasn't enjoying myself. It's so hard to get good shots (with my camera) on that ride, and now I just look, enjoy, and relax. Nice feeling, really.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #934
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

You poor girl with those painful feet! Glad you got some respite during your AK day with the scooter.

The chandelier and the ceiling itself in that England shop was so gorgeous!! Your meal at Rose and Crown looked so good! Think I may have to add it to my list.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 07-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #935
claryche
DIS Veteran

I was going to suggest the body glide, but it sounds like you are set for next time. I use the body glide and it works wonders. I put it on my toes and my heal, just to be on the safe side. And the times when I have forgotten to do it and have gotten the smallest of blisters, I just put some body glide on it before my next outing and it doesn't get any worse, which is good.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #936
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I think the scooter was a great idea. Hopefully, it allowed your feet to heal a little. I love the Lion King show. I haven't seen Finding Nemo yet. We ate at Flame Tree BBQ the last time we were there. Did the birds bother you? They were all over in the area where we sat.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #937
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygirl79 View Post
I generally lurk when reading trip reports so I haven't commeted here yet - but I was wondering if you, Jen, play Farkle on Facebook? I'm fairly certain I just played against you a moment ago! :-)
Why yes I do play farkle on facebook...awesome hope to play against you again!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #938
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Oh I'm so glad you rented a scooter. It saved your feet and you still got to see AK. No reason for you to have to stay in your room. Don't feel guilty about the perks of scooters, you had an honest reason for needing one and gosh darnnit for all of the rain and pain you've had during your trip you deserved a few perks!! I love FOTLK, it's my all time favorite show at Disney. I also really like the Nemo show, I didn't the first time we saw it but the second time for some reason I loved it. My bf just saw the pictures that you posted and he seemed to like it too so it'll definitely be on our to do list!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 07-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #939
TravelBug86
Princess of Quite A Lot

YAYYY!!! You rented a scooter I was hoping you would! My Dad needed to rent 1 once b/c he was just recovering from open heart surgery (Tripple Bypass- He is very healthy, just has hereditary heart problems) He was also very ashamed of being 'that person' in the scooter- but it was our annual Christmas trip and there's no way we were going w/o him!!! Sooo he bit the bullet and rented the scooter- HE HAD A BLAST! Scooting all over the place, seeing how fast he could go
There is absolutely no shame in renting a scooter (as long as you really need it!!) And it sounds like you had a terrific day at AK Congrats on getting the pins that you wanted!

Old 07-26-2009, 01:00 AM   #940
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Scooter MOJO!!!!!! It sounds like your fears about using the scooter were somewhat melted away by the good fortune you had with lines!

Flametree Pulled Pork Sandwich...a little bit o heaven between a bun.

PINS! Must...resist....pins.....
Old 07-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #941
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you set aside your pride and got the scooter. You had wasted enough time on your feet and rain. It was time to enjoy and it sounds like you did. Your mom is awesome!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #942
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hey there LL! I am so glad your mom got there! What a great treat. I was thinking that would be fun with my own mom some day She has never been. RE her taking are of you -- well, that is what us mom's do! I guess it is reassuring that even in your 20s and 30s, and 40s, etc, that this is still someone who feels that urge!!!! Being a mother myself, it is nice to have someone take care of ME for a change!!! SO you definitely got that I can tell!!!! Now, regarding your feet, I am so sorry that this kept causing your trouble, raw blisters? OUCH!!! At Disney, No good. She was wise to suggest the scooter, and to heck with what other people think, I hope that didn't get in your way of enjoying that day with your mom, I hope it did help.

Looking forward to your next post, and I am so glad she is there with you!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #943
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you tried the scooter! Sounds like it saved the day! Good to know that they are relatively easy to get the hang of. I would wind up driving it into the tiger area or into the river I am so uncoordinated and non-mechanical!

So you liked the shows, did you? If you could only do one, which one would it be? Nemo?

Sounds like I will be avoiding Flame Tree like the plague - I do not like aggressive birds.

If you've showed pictures of the pins, I've forgotten. Will you show them again? They sound cool!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #944
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hey LL:

I read your update yesterday and I didn't have time to comment. Then when I came back to DIS later, I thought I had already commented. Geeze - talk about a foggy brain. Do you know when I remembered I hadn't commented - just as I was falling asleep last night! LOL

Anyway - I am glad you rented a scooter because you suffered much too much with those painful feet. I believe that anyone who needs a scooter should rent one. Look at the perks that come with a scooter! Anyway, who are any of us to judge why someone does or doesn't need a scooter. Kudos to you for jumping right on there and not hitting anything. If I ever need to rent one, watch out, because I'll probably be running over everyone and everything in my path.

I just hope you feet do well during your next trip!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #945
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

I have to chime in and say that I'm also glad you got the scooter You pay a lot of money to be at Disney, you shouldn't have to sit in your room!! Great idea - I don't think I'd hesitate to do it. I think I'll put Nemo on our list to see this year - we've never seen it. That pulled pork looks deee-licious!
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: