Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #886
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Wow, LL, your poor feet. That must have been so frustrating. Wouldn't it be great if Disney would install some pneumatic tubes? When you're done with a park, you pop into said tube and whoosh, you're back at your hotel. No having to walk to a bus stop and wait for a bus.

It's great to see a picture of your mom. She looks really sweet and very happy to be with you.

Yea for getting into R&C!! Your steak looks delicious as does your mom's fish and chips.

Can't wait to hear how you navigate the next day.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #887
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

My feet hurt just reading this! You poor thing. So now Rose and Crown is my next stop at WS for sure... you CP and Diane all raved, as well as others. It think your steak is what I would order though.
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #888
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

I am so sorry that your feet hurt so much!! It seems that the lack of downpoor rain was made up for by feet pain! How horrible!!! I just hope that September will be dry and pain free!

I really like your pink shirt, especially with the skirt!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 07-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #889
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Oh god, I'm so sorry about your feet!! That must have been horrible!! The good thing is you got to eat at Rose and Crown!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 07-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #890
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Great updates. So sorry about your feet. That just sucks. Totally ruins everything. And yo are so sweet to try and tough it out for your mom. I have to wear earplugs with my hubby too.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #891
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Awww, LL, you poor thing!!! And your poor tootsies!!! I'm so sad you felt like this and when you're Mom just got there!!! I hope it gets better..btw, my Mom has issues with her feet and she bought a pair of mary jane sneakers from LL Bean for $20 and just wore them on her trip out West and she said they did great...if you're still looking for some new ones....they are in their sale flier and they are pretty cute! Just a thought!!

Love all the light fixture pics, that your Mom embarrassed you with, love the R&C dinner, good find, kinda bummed though you didn't go to DHS and missed out of BD!!!!

Looking forward to hearing some more......
Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #892
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

LL! I had no idea that your blisters were that bad! I cannot even imagine it.

I'm glad your Mom arrived safe and sound and was able to enjoy Epcot. I cannot wait for R&C in the fall. I was a little upset that DH picked that one, but after reading several reviews and seeing pictures I'm excited. I think I'll get the steak, it looked so yummy.

That's funny about the snoring. My Dad snores so loud that when I moved into my dorm at college I had trouble falling asleep because I didn't have my "sound machine" (my parents room was across the hall from my room and I always slept with the door open).

I hope you figured out something for your AK day.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #893
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Oh, honey. Your feet were hurting so badly. That's just no fun. You know, being sick in Disney is one thing, because you can kind of trudge on, but when your feet hurt, well it just plain s-u-c-k-s! I spell it because I'm not allowed to say that word any more. Four year old repeats everything.

Wow, you really loved Rose and Crown! You're making me consider a reservation there. Seriously, seriously consider it. I've always wanted to try it and I think it would be fun for the three of us. Both sets of food pictures from there look yummy!

I'm glad you had a good start with your Mom but sorry that your day ended so badly.
My feet provided major s-u-c-k-a-g-e during this trip! Just in case you feel the need to read aloud.

You will not be disappointed in Rose & Crown. Serious yumminess will be had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oh Leslie...I'm so sorry...I knew your feet were bad...but so bad that it made you cry...that is no fun at all...we will definitely have to be proactive about that in Sept!!!

HMMMM...the food at Rose and Crown is so good. I'm so glad you and your mom were able to enjoy it!!!!! YAY for small blessings!! I can't wait to go back!!!

Awwww...I really love the picture with you and Aurora (two of my fave gals YAY)!!!!
Yes, they were that bad. That was by far the very worst day. And let's just say I am so glad that I had another week off because I don't think I could have hobbled into work.

I thought of you when I met Aurora, I knew I just had to get my picture with her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
LL, I feel so bad for you. I am so sorry that your feet hurt so bad. I am glad that you did get to eat at Rose and Crown again. If you didn't get to eat at your beloved Brown Derby then you at least got to eat somewhere you enjoy. I have decided that I am going to try eat there on my trip. That steak looks good and I love popovers.
I really did enjoy Rose & Crown, will it replace my love of Brown Derby, not quite but I had two outstanding meals! I adore popovers. My mom used to make them and we both loved this one. I let her try a little nibble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Wow, LL, your poor feet. That must have been so frustrating. Wouldn't it be great if Disney would install some pneumatic tubes? When you're done with a park, you pop into said tube and whoosh, you're back at your hotel. No having to walk to a bus stop and wait for a bus.

It's great to see a picture of your mom. She looks really sweet and very happy to be with you.

Yea for getting into R&C!! Your steak looks delicious as does your mom's fish and chips.

Can't wait to hear how you navigate the next day.
Oh my goodness, I think pneumatic tubes would be perfect. I told my mom that they should have a shuttle from WS to the bus stops because it's so ridiculously far away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
My feet hurt just reading this! You poor thing. So now Rose and Crown is my next stop at WS for sure... you CP and Diane all raved, as well as others. It think your steak is what I would order though.
The steak was so good. Don't get me wrong, loved the fish n' chips but the potato gratin and popover...MMMMM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am so sorry that your feet hurt so much!! It seems that the lack of downpoor rain was made up for by feet pain! How horrible!!! I just hope that September will be dry and pain free!

I really like your pink shirt, especially with the skirt!
I forgot to mention that we did manage to avoid a rain pour while we were waiting for Soarin'. Bad TR writer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Oh god, I'm so sorry about your feet!! That must have been horrible!! The good thing is you got to eat at Rose and Crown!!
That's right. I was really trying to have a good time this day...it was really hard with my feet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great updates. So sorry about your feet. That just sucks. Totally ruins everything. And yo are so sweet to try and tough it out for your mom. I have to wear earplugs with my hubby too.
I've gotten so that I can sleep most nights without them now. I get paranoid with having them in at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Awww, LL, you poor thing!!! And your poor tootsies!!! I'm so sad you felt like this and when you're Mom just got there!!! I hope it gets better..btw, my Mom has issues with her feet and she bought a pair of mary jane sneakers from LL Bean for $20 and just wore them on her trip out West and she said they did great...if you're still looking for some new ones....they are in their sale flier and they are pretty cute! Just a thought!!

Love all the light fixture pics, that your Mom embarrassed you with, love the R&C dinner, good find, kinda bummed though you didn't go to DHS and missed out of BD!!!!

Looking forward to hearing some more......
I will admit...I went and looked at the shoes. I'm going to resist for now though because my shake n' bake sandals should be here soon! We shall see though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
LL! I had no idea that your blisters were that bad! I cannot even imagine it.

I'm glad your Mom arrived safe and sound and was able to enjoy Epcot. I cannot wait for R&C in the fall. I was a little upset that DH picked that one, but after reading several reviews and seeing pictures I'm excited. I think I'll get the steak, it looked so yummy.

That's funny about the snoring. My Dad snores so loud that when I moved into my dorm at college I had trouble falling asleep because I didn't have my "sound machine" (my parents room was across the hall from my room and I always slept with the door open).

I hope you figured out something for your AK day.
Yep, they were that bad. Dang things. I am still freaking about what I should do to help prevent them. I'm wondering if I should put moleskin/bandages on my feet to start to prevent them or now. It's so nerve wracking!

That is too funny about when you moved into College. All these years I thought it was my Dad snoring that loudly...nope it was Mom!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #894
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Oh LL-you are a real trooper...When you talked about the misery of walking from World Showcase to Spaceship Earth I felt like crying too...that walk can be miserable at the end of the day when you're simply tired-with feet in agony too...

I think you are an amazing daughter to try as hard as you did for your mother-and your dinner at Rose and Crown did look very good....

I hope your feet are feeling better & here's fingers crossed for a very dry September...
Old 07-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #895
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
My feet provided major s-u-c-k-a-g-e during this trip! Just in case you feel the need to read aloud.
It was very nice of you to spell it out.

Quote:
You will not be disappointed in Rose & Crown. Serious yumminess will be had!
It's so funny, when I wrote that I had no idea I'd score a ressie tonight!

Quote:
I am still freaking about what I should do to help prevent them. I'm wondering if I should put moleskin/bandages on my feet to start to prevent them or now. It's so nerve wracking!
Hon, are you planning on bringing sneakers? I thought you were. And the new sandals, right?

I have a couple of pieces of advice to offer. One would be from Nana. She rotates her shoes. During the day. She'll start with one pair and switch to another for evenings. I know she uses an ECV mostly now, but even before that, she did the shoe switching and it really helped.

The other would be in regard to my father, who is a bit Pooh sized. He always wears sneakers to the parks. They help his feet so much, they have much more support. Honestly, none of us have really gotten blisters, with the exception of me. I've had one once, and it went away in a few days, so I can't even compare. I hope that helps a little.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #896
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Your poor little piggies! Do you think it was the rain? We need serious preventative or a scooter for Sept. Because NOTHING is going to slow us down!

SO glad you got a R&C ADR. I was worried at first when you were exchanging Brown Derby for Nine Dragons.

for Soarin and front row without asking!!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #897
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Oh LL-you are a real trooper...When you talked about the misery of walking from World Showcase to Spaceship Earth I felt like crying too...that walk can be miserable at the end of the day when you're simply tired-with feet in agony too...

I think you are an amazing daughter to try as hard as you did for your mother-and your dinner at Rose and Crown did look very good....

I hope your feet are feeling better & here's fingers crossed for a very dry September...
Yes, it needs to be VERY VERY dry! I can't handle any other way!

I find that walk from WS to Spaceship Earth miserable on the best of days so that night I had just had it. I was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
It was very nice of you to spell it out.

It's so funny, when I wrote that I had no idea I'd score a ressie tonight!

Hon, are you planning on bringing sneakers? I thought you were. And the new sandals, right?

I have a couple of pieces of advice to offer. One would be from Nana. She rotates her shoes. During the day. She'll start with one pair and switch to another for evenings. I know she uses an ECV mostly now, but even before that, she did the shoe switching and it really helped.

The other would be in regard to my father, who is a bit Pooh sized. He always wears sneakers to the parks. They help his feet so much, they have much more support. Honestly, none of us have really gotten blisters, with the exception of me. I've had one once, and it went away in a few days, so I can't even compare. I hope that helps a little.
The day after I got back from my trip in May, I bought a shiny new pair of sneakers that I have been breaking in. I am hoping to rotate them with the flip flops. I plan to always bring an extra pair of shoes if I need them and lots of socks. I think that first day walking through puddles up over my ankles was my un-doing and it was just doooownhill from there.

Writing this chapter today has made me all panicky again about blisters. Sigh.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #898
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Your poor little piggies! Do you think it was the rain? We need serious preventative or a scooter for Sept. Because NOTHING is going to slow us down!

SO glad you got a R&C ADR. I was worried at first when you were exchanging Brown Derby for Nine Dragons.

for Soarin and front row without asking!!
Oh trust me. Nothing will slow me down in September. Just wait until the next day and that is all I am going to say about that.

Yeah...not so happy about trading my beloved Brown Derby for Nine Dragons. Thank you very much. I was much happier with Rose & Crown since I knew I would have a good meal and Mom would like it too!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #899
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
=
The day after I got back from my trip in May, I bought a shiny new pair of sneakers that I have been breaking in. I am hoping to rotate them with the flip flops. I plan to always bring an extra pair of shoes if I need them and lots of socks. I think that first day walking through puddles up over my ankles was my un-doing and it was just doooownhill from there.

Writing this chapter today has made me all panicky again about blisters. Sigh.
Don't panic, hon. You've got a great game plan, it'll work out.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #900
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Ah ha! So that is the yummy meal you had instead of Brown Derby! It looks SO good. I love, love, love popovers.

I'm so sorry to read about your feet though! You poor thing!! I have had blisters on my feet while doing some intense walking before and it really just makes you dread every step. I'm sure the major rain had a big part in causing the blisters...ugh. I am hoping you are able to completely avoid this on your upcoming trip!!

Both DH and I put moleskin on the first day in the places we know our shoes can tend to rub a bit. I hope your new shoes work out really well for you.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: