Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #721
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Yay you got to meet Mickey!! Oooo all of that food looks delicious!! I love the brown derby, so very good! I'm sorry about the parenting incident, it really does upset you when you see things like that. Too bad Jen had to leave but hey you had a good trip with her (well it seemed that was anyway!) Can't wait to hear what you did solo!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #722
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post

I am so glad you got to meet Mickey.

Quote:
I went and spotted the book of signatures of those famous people who have eaten at Brown Derby. I squealed when I saw who it was and started to babble so fast that Jen couldn't understand me.

JULIE ANDREWS! It was like the Brown Derby KNEW I was coming for lunch!

I was in heaven, my beloved Brown Derby, Julie Andrews and Jen. Ahhhh.
I too love Julie Andrews. I loved her book, Home. I wish she would write another one from that point on.

I am sorry you had to witness bad parenting. I always feel so bad for kids who have to go through that, because if they do that in public what must they be like in private.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #723
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Your update made me laugh out loud more than once!

Quote:
I don't trust her memory as she is the one who buys the same book twice to read. No joke. It worries me.
Oh too funny! We'll mention something LL if you start posting the same day twice.

Quote:
VERY cute! And I love your top!

Quote:
I was like...

BOO! Just because you like to eat people for lunch....
Do you like them with ketchup?

Your whole time at Brown Derby sounded so magical- from Julie Andrews to the AMAZING dessert! (I'm just pretending the bathroom ordeal did not happen. )

Quote:
This is SUCH a cool light fixture.

And YAY for the Cowboy! Tonight I was going through the very little Disney World video we have done and we have 3 clips of the GMR! I am going to upload them to YouTube for easy access.

Sorry to see Jen leave... Thankfully you get to see her again soon!

Quote:
to taking pictures in that store. I always felt like an employee was going to come yell at me when I wanted to take shopping pictures. I don't think the excuse..."But MeMom does it" would get me very far.

I never did get my blurry dumbo photo. Sigh. I WILL GET IT IN THE FALL.

I will tell you...in the next update. I need an evil laughter smiley face. Hehehe.
Oh that is too funny about MeMom!!!

Bummer that you did not get the Dumbo shot. The one from CRT is pretty close though. And just another good reason on why you must go back in October!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #724
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

Yay for finally meeting Mickey!
OMG. The UP characters are so cute! Hmmm...I wonder if they're in Disneyland.
I love your character quiz results. (Lady Tremaine's in my top 5 favorite Disney characters)
Brown Derby looks delish. It had be drooling.
Boo for Jen leaving. At least you'll get to see her again in September.
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
Old 07-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #725
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Brown Derby . Ahh. So glad you enjoyed your meal. How perfect was the Julie Andrews signature?! Love that you got a booth. That just increases the Hollywood glamour, don't you think? I don't know what it is, but there is something about those rolls. *Drool*

Hurrah for finally getting your picture taken with Mickey. Jen- just noticed your special t-shirt. And your visor with the mickey head is cute!! LL- like your shirt too. I'm finding myself obsessing about my wardrobe for our upcoming trip - maybe b/c I know with so many of us doing TRs it will be well documented!

You finally saw the cowboy! Yippee! I don't know if I've seen that. Not recently, certainly.

Oh, and you're NOT like Lady Tremaine. That's just silly!

Old 07-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #726
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Pretty soon the Brown Derby staff assembled and they let a little girl celebrating her 4th Birthday open up the dining room. It's so nice that Disney does these little touches. The little girl looked so happy being singled out and fussed over.

After our great ride, it was time for Jen to leave. We said our goodbyes and I watched her walk from Pixar Place. It was hard saying goodbye, who knew when we would see each other again!

Now that I was alone...what would I do?
Looking forward to Snow White in November!

I hope Disney never loses the small touches like having the kids open places. That's such a simple thing that can't anything on to their operating costs, and it creates special memories for everyone who sees it.

It's great that you found a new friend through the DIS. I'm sure you will have more fun trips together in the future.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #727
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you updated again! Are you and CP purposely updating on the same nights or is that purely coincidence????????

I love the Mickey picture. That is so awesome. It makes me wish I would take the time to get in some of the character lines. However, I think I am the only one in my group who really cares. I guess that's why I really need a girl's trip.

The cheesecake at the BD looks fabulous. I have a lunch resie there for September. I may HAVE to have that!

The parenting skills in the bathroom are horrible. What a way to make you feel sick on a full stomach.

Your scores on TSM are WAY better than mine. Maybe that's why I have decided to bypass TSM FP's for ToT and RnR. I'm not very good and it makes my arm hurt. Boo hoo! Poor me!

I'm really glad that you and Jen got to be such good friends! How truly special that you are so compatible and that you got to have such a great trip together. Bye Jen.......Sorry your time with LL is over! Hopefully this is the first of many trips together. Now let's see who buys DVC first!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #728
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

I just read your whole report so far!!!

Love both of your photos and I can;t wait to read more!

(Your poor feet! I hope they got better! )

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #729
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Hooray for finally meeting Mickey!

Those Up characters are so cute! You definately need to see the movie. Warning tho, you may cry, I did!

Brown Derby is definately on my list of to-dos. That cheesecake looks devine!

I can't wait to see what you do while solo.
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 07-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #730
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Glad that you finally got to meet Mickey- and Sorcerer Mickey nonetheless! Great pic with you two.

The food at the Brown Derby looks delicious. I haven't been there in years! Somehow we always got the snobby waiters when we stopped going. I'd love to give it another chance... maybe someday.

Awww... sad that Jen's leaving. Hope the rest of the day is still fun though.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #731
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Awe! tear, tear So sad to see Jen leave.

Can't wait to hear about your solo day!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 07-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #732
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I am so glad you got to meet Mickey!!!!! What a wonderful way to end your adventure with Jen!!!! I hope they keep up that Snow White stuff in September.....Megan would LOVE to see it!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #733
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

You should really see UP. It is a good movie, I like it a lot. Do you mean you have never seen ANY Mickey, or just not Sorcerer Mickey? I just met Sorcerer Mickey on my 5th trip, but I had met Mickey in many other outfits. It was sad to hear that you had to part with your friend, but at least you got to stay at Disney.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #734
TravelBug86
Princess of Quite A Lot

I have to admit in all the years I've been going to Disney I've only gotten the Cowboy scene once.. maybe twice?? Isn't that funny?! And it is really strange when you get the different scence cause it's like "Wait.. what's happening... where's the gangster? Why is it all different?" LOVE the cobb salad- and it's quite refreshing on a hot day!
WOW you girls do not fool around on TSM.. look at those high scores! Any hidden tricks you can share to achieving a higher score so I can beat DH? LOL! The only thing I noticed is in one of the first ones theres a bumble bee that flies toward you and if you shoot it you get a bunch of points right in the beginning.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #735
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Everytime you post pics from the Brown Derby...it makes me want to go there!!!

I was right...you saw Mickey AND Up Characters! Fun!!!

I was so sad as Jen walked away into the sunset I know how lonely it is to be alone at DHS.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: