Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #271
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Loved the update! You guys had awesome seats for Illuminations, Rose and Crown is great. I love Illuminations but my Marc really doesn't get why.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #272
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

LL! Great update. Oh, you had wonderful seats for Illuminations. And that cheese plate from R & C looks mah-velous! Glad you found your pin. That is so something that would happen to me.
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #273
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Star cocktail:
Cheese plate:
Fish n chips:
Great seats for Illuminations:

sounds like an awesome evening!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 06-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #274
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

yay for the update!!!

I caught a peek of Vera in one of your pics...which reminds me...how did the messenger bag work out for you?? I need to know if i should get one LOL!!

paula
Old 06-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #275
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Thats how my job is, but at least I do get to do mine from home. Shhhh dont tell anyone that way they will keep paying us.
I need to find one of those jobs, you need to help me find one.

Quote:
Yay for the update.

We tried R&C in 2006, I think and we just liked it okay. I have been reading some great reviews of it lately and so I think we may need to give it another chance. We did get to sit outside and had a great view for Illuminations, that was definitely the highlight for me.

Love the Illuminations pictures. I am like you. I like Illuminations, but love Wishes. I think it might have something to do with the castle.

Thanks for the update!!!
I loved Rose & Crown, LOVED IT. The food was really good and everyone was just so friendly.
I think maybe you are right about Illuminations, there is something about Wishes with the Castle in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hurrah for an update! I SO have to try R&C. Everything you got looks delish from the magic cocktail with a globe cube to the cheese plate (I wouldn't touch the blood sausage either ), to the fish 'n chips. Your server sounds terrific.

What great seats you got for Illuminations! So it didn't wow you, huh? Oh well, to each her own. I love it!

I like how you're wrapping up the day with the disney and not so disney moments and best food item... great idea!

So I take it you never saw the Mickey bar tote again? Darn it, I wanted to get it in September. Maybe they'll restock.

Thanks for indulging us with an update!! It's the perfect way to start my weekend!!
The server was terrific and the cheese plate was so yummy. I don't think I can properly convey how delicious it was, everything was so good and all the pairings just made the cheeses even better.
I like the wrap up too to the days, makes it feel complete.
I want to say that I did see the Mickey bar tote again, but honestly I think I am imagining it because I can't remember where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
An update- yea! What a fun place to view Illuminations. I want to see it from Rose and Crown someday. Glad to know the much sought after bag is too small... I have a feeling I would concur with you!
Yeah, it is must too small in my opinion. Very cute but very small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
Oh, thank goodness, an update!! I can't believe you just finished day 1 and you are on page 18!! This is going to be one long TR! You might have to open a second thread to finish it!!!
Yes, it probably will be. I have to draw out the Disney Wonderfulness, who knows when my next trip is going to be! I am dying to plan another trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Love it! I laughed at the pin incident though because that's what happened w/Jim's pin! We thought it was lost, and then at the end of the night I noticed a scraping sound and it was Jim's pin on the bottem of my shoe!!

And I also cracked up when I reached the end of the day, because you are so good at story-telling that I was sure this was Day 2 or something! But no- just the end of Day 1 and your luggage just arrived. :rofl
Hehehe, glad to hear I am not the only with pins in my shoes!
Yep, just Day 1! We have 8 more days to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Yay for an update! What a great way to end my Friday!

Anyone else see a hidden Mickey in the fire?!
I don't see it. Is it the whole fire or inside the fire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Loved the update! You guys had awesome seats for Illuminations, Rose and Crown is great. I love Illuminations but my Marc really doesn't get why.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat with your Marc, I kinda don't get it. Illuminations is very pretty but not my favorite, but that is the great thing about Disney because they have things for everyone's tastes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
LL! Great update. Oh, you had wonderful seats for Illuminations. And that cheese plate from R & C looks mah-velous! Glad you found your pin. That is so something that would happen to me.
Yep, it happened to me let me tell you. I'm surprised it didn't go through my shoe because that is so ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Star cocktail:
Cheese plate:
Fish n chips:
Great seats for Illuminations:

sounds like an awesome evening!
It was an awesome evening. I think Jen and I were both very happy with the table we got, the food and the show. A very nice evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
yay for the update!!!

I caught a peek of Vera in one of your pics...which reminds me...how did the messenger bag work out for you?? I need to know if i should get one LOL!!

paula
It was actually the mailbag that I used and I liked it but the first few days it bothered my shoulder but I think it's because I'm not used to carrying such a heavy load in my bag, if that makes sense. I do think it was a good bag, bigger than the hipster so it worked well for me!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #276
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Your Illuminations pictures are awesome! What great seats!! And the fish & chips look so very tasty. I cannot recall from previous TRs, have you done the CS fish & chips too? If so, how do the two compare?

Your Best/"not so" moments make sense.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 06-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #277
slamgtr09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post

Mmmmm...tasty! Me like rum!
I'm glad that the rain stopped enough so Illuminations wasn't cancelled!! And the highlights are a great idea!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #278
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great update LOL!!! Although yes ma'am I did try that blood sausage and I remember laughing at the look on your face when you tried it because I knew you weren't going to like it!! But as you said everything else was wonderful I would gladly get it again! The fish and chips were also amazing, next trip I am going to try to get them at Raglan's Road...of course you'll hear more about that when I finally get a PTR started LOL!!!

I can't wait for Day 2!!!! Bring it on Girl!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 06-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #279
Happydog
DIS Veteran

LL!!! I am all caught up again and happy to be! Just a great post from Illuminations, and your Rose and Crown meal!! I am thinking about that one for December! What a treat to see the fireworks from there!

Great post, enjoy your details!!! Will patiently await the next one!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 06-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #280
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

YUM! Your Rose and Crown meal looks delicious!

It looks like you had a wonderful view of Illuminations too. What a great evening!

I'm sorry that your feet were hurting. That is the WORST.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #281
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Your Illuminations pictures are awesome! What great seats!! And the fish & chips look so very tasty. I cannot recall from previous TRs, have you done the CS fish & chips too? If so, how do the two compare?

Your Best/"not so" moments make sense.
I have had both and they are both delicious. At the CS fish & chips you get two smaller pieces of fish and at Rose & Crown it's just one big piece, everything else is the same though. Both were excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamgtr09 View Post
Mmmmm...tasty! Me like rum!
I'm glad that the rain stopped enough so Illuminations wasn't cancelled!! And the highlights are a great idea!
I love rum, especially Malibu Rum. I have a little weakness. Jen had asked a CM earlier in the day if Illuminations would be canceled and he told us that they never cancel, that he had only seen in canceled once during a hurricane. Not sure how true that is but something to keep in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a great update LOL!!! Although yes ma'am I did try that blood sausage and I remember laughing at the look on your face when you tried it because I knew you weren't going to like it!! But as you said everything else was wonderful I would gladly get it again! The fish and chips were also amazing, next trip I am going to try to get them at Raglan's Road...of course you'll hear more about that when I finally get a PTR started LOL!!!

I can't wait for Day 2!!!! Bring it on Girl!!!!
Oh yeah, you did try it, a very small nibble if I am remembering correctly. Yes, they were so good. Oooh, can't wait to hear how the Raglan Road's are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
LL!!! I am all caught up again and happy to be! Just a great post from Illuminations, and your Rose and Crown meal!! I am thinking about that one for December! What a treat to see the fireworks from there!

Great post, enjoy your details!!! Will patiently await the next one!
It was awesome, I would really recommend it and I'd recommend getting an ADR time around 7:50 or so like we did.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #282
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
YUM! Your Rose and Crown meal looks delicious!

It looks like you had a wonderful view of Illuminations too. What a great evening!

I'm sorry that your feet were hurting. That is the WORST.
It was a great evening, made for an awesome first night. I think we were both really feeling the magic!

My feet were hurting....but the worst is yet to come in regards to my feet.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #283
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Whew! Thank goodness you only updated twice while I was gone, LL . The Whoooos on Soarin' would have been a bit much, but hurray for getting front row! I have the BEST comment overheard in a line EVER about Ellen's Energy Adventure that I can't wait to share in my TR. I am still laughing about it! Dinner at Rose and Crown was delicious, wasn't it? We really enjoyed our meal there as well. You got some great pics of Illuminations.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #284
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

I think I need to go for like a solid month so I can eat at all the places I want to eat at. Its so hard deciding. I am adding that glowing Star Cocktail to my list of drinks to try.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #285
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Whew! Thank goodness you only updated twice while I was gone, LL . The Whoooos on Soarin' would have been a bit much, but hurray for getting front row! I have the BEST comment overheard in a line EVER about Ellen's Energy Adventure that I can't wait to share in my TR. I am still laughing about it! Dinner at Rose and Crown was delicious, wasn't it? We really enjoyed our meal there as well. You got some great pics of Illuminations.
Oooh, I can't wait to hear about the comment. I'm glad you liked Rose & Crown but more importantly did you like Brown Derby? I've been nervous about it all week!

Quote:
I think I need to go for like a solid month so I can eat at all the places I want to eat at. Its so hard deciding. I am adding that glowing Star Cocktail to my list of drinks to try.
Me too! I want to go for an extended period of time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: