Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #226
slamgtr09
Earning My Ears

I LOVE American Adventure, so good, and I love the video at the end, I always get teared up....I can hear the song now...
I haven't heard about Sanaa, can't wait to hear how it is!
WOOOO!
Old 06-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #227
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

I can't believe you didn't break 200 light fixture pics. I blame the rain *blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah* I crack myself up.

Can't wait to hear about Sanaa!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #228
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Okay LL, just in case you are hiding out over here......I wanted to share with you (and all your lovely TR readers) a little LIGHT evening reading...... HERE!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #229
poegirl30
Mouseketeer

I haven't seen the American show either. We may have to check it out next time. I do so love the Ellen ride. It definitely needs some updating though.

DD22 DS19 DS8
Old 06-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #230
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
All caught up!

Sorry about the rain, but it sounds like you two were making the most of it!

I agree about Ellen's - not something I would do every trip, but I really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to more!
We really did try to make the best of the rain and we did for the most part. Jen was the driving force for that, she was like my own personal cheerleader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwmmfan View Post
I was there the same week as you. I am just to curious to see what other people did despitemthr rain

Love American Adventure too. I do not recommend it after lunch at the beirgarden
We tried our best with the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
I couldn't agree with this more!! LOL!!

Great update, LL!! I can't wait to see American Adventure come September, it's been years since I've gone in there, cause the last trip was our little ones, they wouldn't have appreciated it then, maybe next trip.

Sounds like a great day, despite the rain!!!!
American Adventure is great. I hope you get to it on your next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Oh no. I'm sorry to hear about bathrobe bunny not being there. They are so darn cute!

I've never even been inside the American pavilion! Awful, I know. It's the only WS country we never do... I will definitely make a note to see the American Adventure next week!

Remy is absolutely adorable and your lunch at Chefs looks soooo delicious.
Yes, put it on your list for next time! Chefs was very yummy, I am happy that we went there. Yum Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
I have to admit, I haven't seen the American Adventure show in an awfully long time...I don't really know why...I guess I generally get caught up in all the shopping and eating at WS.... In anycase, it was great to see your photos! They are great! I'll have to be sure I see it next time round!
Yes, please be sure to see it again, well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
I guess I'm confused on what Ellen's is..... must refer to Passporter.....

I would've been tee'd at the drunk dude. You handled it better than I. I've only ridden 'Soarin' in California and it was front row. I can't imagine any other way!
I don't know if Rach will have patience to do American Adventure..... whaddya think for kids? Yay or nay?
Ellen's is part movie, part ride...it's weird.
Oh just bring in candy for her, she'll be fine. Or bribe her with a souvenir afterwards for being good. I think it's interesting but that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hi LL:

I leave today!!!!!!! Yeah! I really like Minnie Nurse's idea about the boots. I am afraid there are too many windows and doors and I really don't drink THAT much , so photographing drinks might be tricky. I think it might disturb other guests if I say,...."hmmmm.....what are your drinking? Can I take a picture?" Flowers are nice. I'm bad at hidden mickey's, so I think I will try the boats and see how that works!

So thanks for keeping me entertained. I love you pictures of the American Adventure. I also like the part about the two brothers and I love that song since I'm partial to folk music.

See ya when I return. I will be on the lookout for CP and gnomie!

p.s. Julez - yes I think you should take your daughter to AA. The worst that would happen is she takes a quick cat nap!
I hope you have a magical trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I think the boats are a great idea! I wonder how many pictures you will take....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I have no idea why, but we have never been to the American Adventure either!!!!! It is already at the top of my to do list............for the next time we go........ !!!!!!!!!

I loved the chatter about the obnoxious Soarin' riders.....don't you wish they could be "politely" asked to LEAVE!!!!! Hee hee hee!!!

Can't wait for more!
I wish they could have asked him to leave but it made for great TR fodder. I hope you get to see it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I really want to see the American Adventure. It was near the top of my list of things to do on our last trip, but it didn't work out. I think it may have been the only thing that I really wanted to do that I didn't do. Next time.

We had a drunk "kid" in line with us twice in one day. My daughter was with me so I was not at all happy.
Yeah, that is one thing I am not fond of at Epcot. Later on the week we ran into a group of people celebrating a girl's 21st birthday, they were a bit obnoxious too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodleygrrl View Post
I was there the same time you were, sister and you are right: IT RAINED EVERY GD MOMENT WE WHERE THERE (practically). I have never had that happen in any of my 7 visits over the years. It really does put a big damper on the fun.
It did put a damper on the fun but we tried our best to keep on trucking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Hijack sorry!

MEK have a great time. Will you do a TR when you get back, if so I will have to keep on the look out for it. Bring back lots of pictures. I think we need to have a contest on how many pics of boats MEK will take. I am still bummed on how bad I did on the light fixture contest. I need redemption here.
Oooh, maybe we should start a guessing pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamgtr09 View Post
I LOVE American Adventure, so good, and I love the video at the end, I always get teared up....I can hear the song now...
I haven't heard about Sanaa, can't wait to hear how it is!
WOOOO!
I heard the Golden Dream song today, it is on the 4 Parks 1 World CD that I bought. I just love that cd, best souvenir I have EVER purchased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I can't believe you didn't break 200 light fixture pics. I blame the rain *blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah* I crack myself up.

Can't wait to hear about Sanaa!
I know! I can't believe it either. I failed my light fixture obsession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Okay LL, just in case you are hiding out over here......I wanted to share with you (and all your lovely TR readers) a little LIGHT evening reading...... HERE!
Oooh! Everyone go read her new PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poegirl30 View Post
I haven't seen the American show either. We may have to check it out next time. I do so love the Ellen ride. It definitely needs some updating though.
It does need some updating but I do enjoy Ellen.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #231
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post

Happydog: 188

193!!

The winner is.......

MaryAz with her guess of 189!!

If you PM me your address, I have a little prize for you!

I have to say....I'm actually surprised I didn't take more.

OKAY so can I say that I was ONE shy of that 189 with my 188 ?!?!?!??!
Not bad for a rookie!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 06-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #232
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
OKAY so can I say that I was ONE shy of that 189 with my 188 ?!?!?!??!
Not bad for a rookie!
I noticed that! I was quite impressed with your skills!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #233
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Okay, JUST got all caught up -- also very interested in hearing about Sanaa, since we have an ADR there, too! Also, every time I read these TRs I realize how little of the WS and Epcot I've seen ... I didn't realize how much there WAS in each pavillion. Only been during the F&W and, well, I was always more preoccupied with the Food and Wine So looking forward to checking this out! Your photos got me very interested! Great details on your trip so far!!! Enjoying it, looking forward to how it continues to unfold.

LL, do you think Ellen's ride is too "dull" for the 7 - 4 crowd?

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #234
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Okay, JUST got all caught up -- also very interested in hearing about Sanaa, since we have an ADR there, too! Also, every time I read these TRs I realize how little of the WS and Epcot I've seen ... I didn't realize how much there WAS in each pavillion. Only been during the F&W and, well, I was always more preoccupied with the Food and Wine So looking forward to checking this out! Your photos got me very interested! Great details on your trip so far!!! Enjoying it, looking forward to how it continues to unfold.

LL, do you think Ellen's ride is too "dull" for the 7 - 4 crowd?
I think if your boys like Dinosaurs then it might just keep their attention.

That is how I feel about Animal Kingdom, I look at pictures and wonder why I haven ever seen that before. I don't have a lot of patience for AK.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #235
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I have just added the American Adventure to things I want to see in Epcot. It rained a lot the day we were in Epcot in October. It actually wasn't too bad since we were exploring World Showcase and we weren't outside the whole time. I am leaving for Disney tomorrow! So, I will be sure to catch up when I get back!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #236
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
I have just added the American Adventure to things I want to see in Epcot. It rained a lot the day we were in Epcot in October. It actually wasn't too bad since we were exploring World Showcase and we weren't outside the whole time. I am leaving for Disney tomorrow! So, I will be sure to catch up when I get back!
I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip!!! Let us know if you are going to do a TR.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #237
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

LL... it's been 3 days.... can we have a new update now????
Old 06-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #238
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Where is the Sanaa update??? I'm dying to hear about it!!!

For the record- I've never done the American Adventure show thing either!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #239
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
LL... it's been 3 days.... can we have a new update now????
No. I doubt I will have time today at work and then I have a meeting to go too tonight and I won't get home until at least 8PM. So hopefully Thursday or Friday. But I'll tell you what, I will start writing the update during my downtime at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Where is the Sanaa update??? I'm dying to hear about it!!!

For the record- I've never done the American Adventure show thing either!
You are going to have to wait for the Sanaa update because that is the second day of the trip and we are still on the first.

You should do it! I love it.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:33 AM   #240
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
No. I doubt I will have time today at work and then I have a meeting to go too tonight and I won't get home until at least 8PM. So hopefully Thursday or Friday. But I'll tell you what, I will start writing the update during my downtime at work.

Ahmmmmmmm, you're going to Dis at work!!!

I never DIS here at school on this computer I'm on right now.

Never.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: