Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #181
D&R love Disney
DIS Veteran

Great pics from Chefs, we are trying it for the first time in September. Bummer that we'll be missing Remy since he's not in the restaurant after 6:00 pm.

I'll keep an eye out for Andreas though

I wish Bunny was still available, I saw your photo of him before and hoped to find him in September. I have a thing for stuffed bunnies
Old 06-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #182
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

More please.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #183
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

LL, I was just thinking of you and your trip report title on the way back from DTD tonight. I haven't told you how much I like it! Quotes from Pooh are always so unique and charming. I love them!
Pure genius on your part......
Old 06-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #184
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

So let me get this straight. You met my future husband and didn't get a picture? I will have to look for him in September!

Spaceship Earth pancakes. I love those silly things that just make you crack up for no reason.

Ugh about the rain. It looks so nice and cozy in Chefs. Isn't the croque monsieur delish? Yum-o. Wish I had one now. I made the onion soup at home a few weeks back. Not as good but still yummy!!

Sorry about the bunny.

Looking forward to more!!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #185
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR-how fun to do a solo trip and how COOL to meet DIS friends there!
Can't wait to read more

Jill DH DS (12) DS (12)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11, OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT, '13 AKV/OKW, '14SoG,(Glass Slipper Finisher!)'14 AVK
Old 06-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #186
poegirl30
Mouseketeer

I'm loving your TR!

DD22 DS19 DS8
Old 06-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #187
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
I totally felt the exact same way when I first met Jen! It was like seeing a really great friend that I hadn't seen in a long time! She is just sooo great! Miss you Jenny!

Also a great place for tired kids to have a nap! This is what we discovered!

On behalf of Canadians all across this great Country I say "Thank You!" I saw the O Canada show for the first time in January and I even felt more patriotic than I had in a really long time! We ended up buying the Four Parks, one world Cd which includes the song and I tear up every time I listen to it!
Yes, that is exactly how I felt with meeting Jen! I bought the Four Parks, One World CD and I am loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
YAYAYYAYAYAYAY. I caught up. Whew! OH what fun posts, what a swell first day so far! I have to laugh though, there are so many self-confessed "criers" reading your TR!!! I cry at everything too! Comercials, you name it. No wonder we all love Disney.

AND the room looks great! Glad the travel part went off well, looking forward to hearing about the pins, if they came back, etc., and just loved reading about Chef's! We have lunch there, too! Can't wait!

Also laughed that so many readers were already counting light fixture photos!!!!

We are determined!

Your first day is shaping up despite the rain!!!!
Oh yes, the pin story is coming up in the next installment or the one after that!

I am ALMOST done uploading my pictures and once they are all uploaded I am going to count them. I'm interested to see how many I took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I SO enjoyed that update!!!!! I have never been to Chefs, but it looked amazing......Love REMY!!!!
Remy was so cute, so life like. It's amazing what those Disney Imagineers can come up with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
This is my favorite fixture of the bunch!
Thanks. Plenty more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It's not quite been 24 hours since I checked for an update and ...phew three pages of reading. What a wonderful start to your trip. I love the pics of Remy. As far as the light fixture are concerned, I am totally going to lose the bet. I think you already posted at least 15 already!

I am really hoping to read a few more updates before I leave, cause I know I will never catch up again when I get home!
I am planning to do another update today and maybe one tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #188
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Remy looks amazing. I would love to see him, but I pretty much eat American food only. I am very picky. Maybe to see him I could branch out a little. We will see. By the way I love the title of your report. Pooh is one of my favorites and I love that scene with him and Christopher Robin. Too bad you had to deal with so much rain though.
I was a little worried about the food but it was very good and very yummy. I think they'd have something even for the pickiest eaters!
Thanks on the title, I am quite fond of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post
I had never considered Chefs before either, however the food pics and having a window seat would be a nice way to break from the the parks.
I love your light fixtures, the photos are brilliant!

How disappointing about the bunny... I will share my new thought on toys, I am a pack rat - I save everything and anything that touches my heart or has a memory attached. I also do not like to throw anything out because I or someone paid good hard earned dollars for it. Well as I have moved there has been a need to scale down. I now take pictures of things I at one point couldn't part with. I now have the memory locked up in that photo. It's nice that you have the photo and that can still speak to you the way the little bunny did.

I have many pictures of Disney toys I'd love to have but couldn't justify (for example French Minnie - I love her little pink beret!) If I had the pic available here I'd post it.

Anyhooooo - thank you again for sharing your trip with us ! Loving it!!
Oh, I love your theory on the pictures of things you love. That is a wonderful way to think of it! I am not a pack rat so that is a good solution for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Every time you speak of rain, all I can do is sing in my head "oh the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down"

I'm so sorry your beloved bathrobed bunny was no where to be found.

Remy looks so cool!
He was cool. I'm almost over the bunny not being there but shhhh don't tell Marc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Love it! Chef's looked awesome! I'm totally going there for lunch next time around.
Chef's was very yummy. I highly recommend it for lunch! I'm sure dinner would be delish too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
That's so sad about the bunny! I was really hoping you would be able to get it this trip! I'm loving your report so far, LL- thanks for being so quick, it makes me soooo excited for my last 3 mos of waiting!
You are welcome for being so quick. Even though I said I was going to milk this out, I find myself too excited to go slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R love Disney View Post
Great pics from Chefs, we are trying it for the first time in September. Bummer that we'll be missing Remy since he's not in the restaurant after 6:00 pm.

I'll keep an eye out for Andreas though

I wish Bunny was still available, I saw your photo of him before and hoped to find him in September. I have a thing for stuffed bunnies
Oh yes, if anyone sees him please take a picture and send it to me! I love the eye candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
More please.
Sometime today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
LL, I was just thinking of you and your trip report title on the way back from DTD tonight. I haven't told you how much I like it! Quotes from Pooh are always so unique and charming. I love them!
Pure genius on your part......
I am so glad you like it. I really do. I like to have my titles be around Disney movies and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
So let me get this straight. You met my future husband and didn't get a picture? I will have to look for him in September!

Spaceship Earth pancakes. I love those silly things that just make you crack up for no reason.

Ugh about the rain. It looks so nice and cozy in Chefs. Isn't the croque monsieur delish? Yum-o. Wish I had one now. I made the onion soup at home a few weeks back. Not as good but still yummy!!

Sorry about the bunny.

Looking forward to more!!
I know! I feel like such a failure. I should have asked him to pose with Jen. You must look for him and immediately propose. Dangle that green card in front of him.

Yes! That is the name of it! Thank you for that. You made the onion soup? Marc makes a mean french onion soup maybe I will put that on the menus for our Disney Dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngwright View Post
Loving your TR-how fun to do a solo trip and how COOL to meet DIS friends there!
Can't wait to read more
Thanks! It was a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poegirl30 View Post
I'm loving your TR!
Thank you so much!
Old 06-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #189
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

The Light Fixture Challenge: Results!

So I have spent my afternoon counting light fixture pictures. I counted twice so I know I am accurate.

To recap, these are the guesses.

Charleston Princess: 153

2xcited2sleep: 260

pooh'smate: 223

IluvXU: 212

NotSoEvilStepmother: 316

Millie12591: 215

MinnieNurse: 97

Jennifer48: 315

princess&her4princes: 117

MaryAz: 189

cjackearl: 178

addictedtothemouse: 281

Diamondintheruff: 181

If U Had Wings: 288

MEK: 150

Tnkrbelle565: 123

wigdoutdismom: 111

brookelizabeth: 368

Happydog: 188

GusGus (Marc):79

jenjolt: 134

kschafer: 227

trixiequilts: 413

roxychica7: 152

belle8306: 321

The rules were whoever had the closest guess WITHOUT going over the number of light fixture photos taken. Make sense? I hope so because everytime I start to overthink it, I get confused. Also it was the number of pictures taken not how many different light fixtures I photographed. I did not count Jen's light fixture photos because she took those on her own. I did count Mom's light fixture photos because I either took them or told her to take them so that counts.

I didn't count pictures as such as this one....because the purpose of the photograph wasn't the light fixture.

But I did count this photo because clearly the focus of the picture is the light fixture.

The Grand Total of Light Fixtures Photos I took were.....

193!!

The winner is.......

MaryAz with her guess of 189!!

If you PM me your address, I have a little prize for you!

I have to say....I'm actually surprised I didn't take more.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #190
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I feel good about my guess! Congrats MaryAZ! ( I bet the rain slowed the picture taking process a bit....)
Old 06-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #191
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Yay! Congrats to the winner!! Wow, 193 is still a lot, but I wonder how many light fixtures are actually in Disney...now that would be a heck of a challenge!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #192
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Wow, I was way under. Thats a lot of light fixtures. You did good LL. Congrats to the winner!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #193
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Congrats MaryAz!!!!

LL- that was TOTAL tease update!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #194
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow. 193 pictures. And that is when hampered by rain and foot trouble. Will you be posting all 193? And does the fact that you've counted mean that your photos are all organized and that you're ready to let the updates rip?

Old 06-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #195
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow....What impresses me most is not that your took 193 pictures of light fixtures, but that you actually took the time to count them all so soon after your return. Pretty impressive and executed like a true Disney fanatic!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: