Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #166
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry about the bunny! Poor Marc will never live it down.

Also had I known you were going to be hunting husbands for your friends I would have put in a request!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #167
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yes, that would be me. I am very claustrophobic, and I can usually ignore the thought that I am in a big, dark sphere. When it stops, though, I just start thinking about it and sweating.
I won't lie, when we were backwards it was a little scary for me looking around and realizing I could easily fall out.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #168
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I was never more glad to have gotten on a ride than when we worried about becoming Spaceship Earth pancakes. I laughed so hard on that ride that I cried it was wonderful...some great memories were made on that ride LOL!!!

Lunch was fantastic and Andrea was yummy to look at!! He was definitely quite the catch for C LOL I will happily make sure C gets an introduction!!

I was bummed with you about no bunnies LOL...I'm curious did you ever find a stuffed animal??????

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #169
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I'm so sorry about the bunny! Poor Marc will never live it down.

Also had I known you were going to be hunting husbands for your friends I would have put in a request!
Oh well I will just add you to the picture list for my next trip! Maybe I should come up with a questionnaire so I can match make with better results.

I haven't been too terrible about the bunny but you can bet that I will pull it out next time he tries to discourage me from buying something.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #170
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I was never more glad to have gotten on a ride than when we worried about becoming Spaceship Earth pancakes. I laughed so hard on that ride that I cried it was wonderful...some great memories were made on that ride LOL!!!

Lunch was fantastic and Andrea was yummy to look at!! He was definitely quite the catch for C LOL I will happily make sure C gets an introduction!!

I was bummed with you about no bunnies LOL...I'm curious did you ever find a stuffed animal??????
You know I never did find a stuffed animal. I couldn't find one that really spoke to me. Though I did want one of those little mermaid babies with the blanket but they were almost $20 and I just couldn't justify that!

Was it Andrea and not Andreas? I couldn't remember. I was distracted.

We did laugh pretty hard on Spaceship Earth. I think I got everything in there, did I miss anything? Though I know later we referred to another ride becoming pancakes...oh was it pirate pancakes? I can't remember. I just remember cracking myself up.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #171
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
It was really weird finally seeing her in person, I had to remind myself even though we have been talking online for months and on the phone that I hadn't actually met her yet. It truly felt like I was meeting a longtime friend for a trip and not a "stranger".

I made my way off of the bus and patiently waited for my carry-on luggage. Jen was walking towards me and I'm pretty sure I waved to her like a dork. I got my luggage and headed over to her. It was not awkward at all! It was so easy and we fell into a comfortable pattern with each other. At least I did, maybe Jen thought I was a giant weirdo but I was comfortable from the start.

I totally felt the exact same way when I first met Jen! It was like seeing a really great friend that I hadn't seen in a long time! She is just sooo great! Miss you Jenny!

Quote:
The movie was good, a little on the cheesy side but it was a wonderful rainy day activity and a nice place to sit!
Also a great place for tired kids to have a nap! This is what we discovered!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post

I thought the film in france was OK too...not nearly as disappointing as china but not nearly as good as canada.
On behalf of Canadians all across this great Country I say "Thank You!" I saw the O Canada show for the first time in January and I even felt more patriotic than I had in a really long time! We ended up buying the Four Parks, one world Cd which includes the song and I tear up every time I listen to it!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #172
Happydog
DIS Veteran

YAYAYYAYAYAYAY. I caught up. Whew! OH what fun posts, what a swell first day so far! I have to laugh though, there are so many self-confessed "criers" reading your TR!!! I cry at everything too! Comercials, you name it. No wonder we all love Disney.

AND the room looks great! Glad the travel part went off well, looking forward to hearing about the pins, if they came back, etc., and just loved reading about Chef's! We have lunch there, too! Can't wait!

Also laughed that so many readers were already counting light fixture photos!!!!

We are determined!

Your first day is shaping up despite the rain!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 06-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #173
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I SO enjoyed that update!!!!! I have never been to Chefs, but it looked amazing......Love REMY!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #174
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is my favorite fixture of the bunch!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #175
MEK
DIS Veteran

It's not quite been 24 hours since I checked for an update and ...phew three pages of reading. What a wonderful start to your trip. I love the pics of Remy. As far as the light fixture are concerned, I am totally going to lose the bet. I think you already posted at least 15 already!

I am really hoping to read a few more updates before I leave, cause I know I will never catch up again when I get home!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 06-05-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #176
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Remy looks amazing. I would love to see him, but I pretty much eat American food only. I am very picky. Maybe to see him I could branch out a little. We will see. By the way I love the title of your report. Pooh is one of my favorites and I love that scene with him and Christopher Robin. Too bad you had to deal with so much rain though.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #177
drakes
DIS Veteran

I had never considered Chefs before either, however the food pics and having a window seat would be a nice way to break from the the parks.
I love your light fixtures, the photos are brilliant!

How disappointing about the bunny... I will share my new thought on toys, I am a pack rat - I save everything and anything that touches my heart or has a memory attached. I also do not like to throw anything out because I or someone paid good hard earned dollars for it. Well as I have moved there has been a need to scale down. I now take pictures of things I at one point couldn't part with. I now have the memory locked up in that photo. It's nice that you have the photo and that can still speak to you the way the little bunny did.

I have many pictures of Disney toys I'd love to have but couldn't justify (for example French Minnie - I love her little pink beret!) If I had the pic available here I'd post it.

Anyhooooo - thank you again for sharing your trip with us ! Loving it!!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #178
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Every time you speak of rain, all I can do is sing in my head "oh the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down"

I'm so sorry your beloved bathrobed bunny was no where to be found.

Remy looks so cool!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 06-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #179
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Love it! Chef's looked awesome! I'm totally going there for lunch next time around.

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 06-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #180
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

That's so sad about the bunny! I was really hoping you would be able to get it this trip! I'm loving your report so far, LL- thanks for being so quick, it makes me soooo excited for my last 3 mos of waiting!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: