Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #76
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
I just ordered my photopass cd! Yes we were originally in a share but there was some confusion on Mom's part and so we ended up having to order our own cd. Good news though is that we should have it in a couple days if it is delivered as quickly as it was the past two years. I really need it before I post about our next park day. I still have two updates to write about the first day though so there should not be a delay in the report!

Hey I'll stick around as long as it takes... Delay or no delay.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #77
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Hey I'll stick around as long as it takes... Delay or no delay.
You're awesome Jordan!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #78
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
You're awesome Jordan!
Me too Lessa!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #79
Loafmastermom
Always planning for a trip

i'm here! and i'm caught up...and Mom is here! bonus!

thought about you guys when i drove by penguins ice cream little hut thingy last weekend.
Jan 2006 POR
Jan 2005 CSR
Old 06-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #80
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafmastermom View Post
i'm here! and i'm caught up...and Mom is here! bonus!

thought about you guys when i drove by penguins ice cream little hut thingy last weekend.
So you found it
Old 06-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #82
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
scott!!!!!!!
Hi Jordan....

Great update and pics.

Never ate there, we were going to but decided not to.

I would have thought everyone here would love her outfit with the dis colors on it, I am shocked. It looked ok to me, seen worst.

Can't wait to hear the rest. Hope the cd comes quick.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #83
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Great start Lessa. It is wonderful that you have your Mom to share this with.
Thanks Tracy! It was definitely a different kind of trip being with just Mom and no brothers. A bit more relaxing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post

I would have thought everyone here would love her outfit with the dis colors on it, I am shocked. It looked ok to me, seen worst.
I guess living in NYC you would get to see some unusual getups.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 AM   #84
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

Hey! So glad you got your purse back quickly! I can imagine how you felt!

Since I always fly Southwest, I have yet to experience the presonal TVs. I guess $50 each way is just too tempting to turn down!

Love the pic you took of the crazy outfit. I often do this at WDW, but scared to post them all in fear that it's a DISer, and I'll end up on People's Court! HA!

Looking forward to more . . . Cya!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #85
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendamax View Post

Since I always fly Southwest, I have yet to experience the presonal TVs. I guess $50 each way is just too tempting to turn down!
Heck I wouldn't be able to turn down the $50 fare with! The cheapest we ever get is $250 roundtrip.

Quote:
Love the pic you took of the crazy outfit. I often do this at WDW, but scared to post them all in fear that it's a DISer, and I'll end up on People's Court! HA!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #86
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

After stowing away our groceries in the room (more like dumping them in a heap on the table) we went for a short little stroll around our area of Pop. We were debating whether we should drive the car over to the Magic Kingdom or if we should take the bus. We ultimately decided it would be safest if we took the bus because who knew what sort of state I would be in to drive by the end of the night since we will have been up for 24 hours by then.

We were in the 50's section which meant that our room was closest to the bowling pin pool.

I think that the 50's is my favourite section of Pop, the colour of the buildings and the theming appeals to me most out of all the sections.

We ran across this cute little guy

I then told Mom all about the snake thread I read on the dis and how they will sometimes fall out of trees right onto the pathways. Luckily we did not see a single snake the entire trip.

We walked up to the lake and admired the lovely unfinished buildings on the other side. Disney really needs to tear them down, they are an eye sore.

Then we came across Mom's year sign

After finding her sign we decided to head to the bus, we figured we would explore the rest of the resort some other day to find my year sign.

There were only a couple people in line ahead of us when we arrived but the line quickly grew, glad that we got there when we did! The family is front of us was from Quebec (we could tell from their shirts) and were speaking in French. So much for my 4 years of French in high school, I couldn't understand a word.

The bus arrived after waiting for about 15 minutes and it needed to load three wheelchairs onto the bus before the rest of us could get on. Since Mom and I were near the front of the line we were among the lucky few to grab seats.

That bus was packed! Mom did end up giving her seat up to a Mom with a young kid. Another woman was basically standing over me straddling my lap, a bit awkward to say the least. I am not one for invasion of personal space, probably why I do not like riding the buses.

Soon enough we were at the Magic Kingdom and I was very relieved to get off that bus, I felt like I couldn't breathe on it it was so crammed.

Forgetting the bus ride I was happy to be back at the Magic Kingdom!

We sailed through bag check, our tickets worked on the first go and within minutes we were inside the park. We did not have any set plans for the day other than the meet at Aloha Isle at 8pm for Dole Whips and SpectroMagic.

We wandered onto Main St and decided to explore the stores on the right hand side of the street as we only ever seem to go into the Emporium. First stop was the hat shop where I tried on some Minnie ears and Mom tried to convince me that I should get the princess ears (tall pointy princess hat with ears sticking out) No thanks! I did really like the Minnie ears so I put them on my to consider list.

Next we went into the confectionery where we saw these enormous Mickey rice krispie treats.

While in the shop we heard what sounded like parade music coming from outside. We were confused as it was 6pm and there is no parade at 6pm. Here is what we saw coming down the street:

It looked like a mini version of the 3pm parade, I still have no idea what it was though. Anybody have any idea?

Click here to continue

Last edited by Lifelong_Dreamer; 06-03-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #87
mickeyfan71
Mouseketeer

I made it to enjoy this TR! My goal is to go on a Disney cruise! Can't wait to read all about it! And to enjoy your pictures!!

April 2006-POR : December 2007-POFQ : October 2009-CBR
October 2011-WL
Old 06-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #88
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan71 View Post
I made it to enjoy this TR! My goal is to go on a Disney cruise! Can't wait to read all about it! And to enjoy your pictures!!
You should definitely book a cruise, they are a lot of fun and the sea days are very relaxing.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #89
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

Great updates Lessa! I can't believe you and your mom were able to stay awake that long. I would have had to sleep on the plane and then maybe nap some at the hotel before venturing out. Sounds like you are having a great time, though! Looking forward to the next post!
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
Old 06-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #90
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvdislover View Post
Great updates Lessa! I can't believe you and your mom were able to stay awake that long. I would have had to sleep on the plane and then maybe nap some at the hotel before venturing out. Sounds like you are having a great time, though! Looking forward to the next post!
I know! It always amazes me how long I can force myself to stay awake on vacation. Must be something in the Disney air that keeps us going.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: