Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #121
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
glad to have helped. Thats why I love these boards cause when you forget someone else reminds you of what you need! I have started giving myself certain tasks to complete each day too. It seems I get more stuff done that way. Cant wait to hear what you find at the dollar store. Have a great time bouncing. We have a similar place here called bounce U. The kids love it.
This is going to sound so pathetic, but share your tasks with me, okay? I'm starting to feel a little stressed. I looked at that 20 day ticker, and it made me feel excited, sure, but mostly panicked about all that I want to do before we go! Granted, the boys start back at preschool next week, so then I'll have a couple quiet mornings a week, but arghhhhh!!! Not much time left!

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
Old 08-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #122
jana616
DIS Veteran

The Packing List

I don't know that anyone wants to see this, but since a few of us are leaving shortly, I thought I'd put up my packing list since I just typed it out anyway. Maybe (like sippy cups) there's something you forgot to add. Maybe (I'm hoping!), there's something I'm forgetting and you'll tell me!

For Parks:
Glow sticks *
Light-up spinner toys *
Mister fans *
Ponchos *
Sunscreen *
Moleskin
Bug spray
Wet wipes *
Cottonelle wipes *
Bodyglide
Bubbles
Pipe cleaners *
Stroller cover/Shower liner & clips *
Soft cooler &ice packs
Sippy cups *
Plastic utensils *
First aid kit *
Gum
Sunglasses *
Band-aids (lots)
Batteries
Clorox wipes *
Camera *
-battery charger
-memory sticks
Video camera *
-charger
Cell phones *
-chargers

To Make:
Pressed penny tubes
Autograph books
-sharpies
Passports
T-shirts

For Room/resort:

Ziploc bags *
Pop up hamper
Curtain and command hooks
Over door organizer
Clothespins
Handsoap bottle
Laundry detergent
Nightlight
Small scissors
Small screwdriver (multi-tool?)
White noise machine
Swim diapers
Pre-soaped sponges
Safety pins
Arm floaties
pre-purchased presents

Food:
Cereal bowls
Spoons
Bread
Peanut butter
Jelly
Bananas
Fruit snacks
Smores crackers
Lollipops

Boys:
7 made shirts
7 shorts to match
2 swimsuits
5 extra outfits
4 pairs of PJs
10 underwear (G)
7 pairs of socks
45 diapers (C)
Wipes
Diaper rash cream
Crocs
Sneakers
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Asthma meds and spacer (C)
Nail clippers
Children’s Tylenol
Band-aids
Vitamins

So, really, are these lists ridiculous? Do the numbers sound crazy on the kids' clothes? The only things not on here are clothes for myself and DH, and our toiletries. I think. Help!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #123
Macduffy
DIS Veteran

Awesome list!
The only thing I would add is more medications. I'm a freak with that stuff though (I was caught once without a thermometer and vowed never again!). I bring Benedryl, gravol (just in case), motrin, EarCheck, Thermometer and neosporin.

This is you. This is your badness level. It's unusually high from someone your size. - Lilo to Stitch
Old 08-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #124
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macduffy View Post
Awesome list!
The only thing I would add is more medications. I'm a freak with that stuff though (I was caught once without a thermometer and vowed never again!). I bring Benedryl, gravol (just in case), motrin, EarCheck, Thermometer and neosporin.
Oh, thanks for the idea! I thought about those but then never wrote them down, which means I probably wouldn't have remembered them. I was planning on bringing band-aids (are they on the list like 5 times? My kids need a band-aid for every boo boo, real or imagined!), Tylenol and kid's Tylenol, anti-diarrhea medication, Pepto tablets (we have some iffy stomachs, esp. when traveling), and some cold meds might be good too. Oh, and Neosporin to go with the Bandaids, duh, good thinking!

OK, officially added! Anything else?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #125
jana616
DIS Veteran

Dollar Tree Success

We hit the Dollar Tree after Bouncertown (here's hoping the kids are pooped!), and I got a few things crossed off my list.

I got ponchos, and am going to try to get more for free this week at Menards (any other Midwestern ladies, they are free after rebate this week there, limit 4). I got some snacks-mini boxes of raisins , prepackaged cotton candy (the Holy Grail of junk food for my boys), Tootsie Pops, and Dum Dum lollipops. Also an over the door organizer, a shower curtain to make a privacy curtain between our room and the bathroom (I wanted fabric but they only had vinyl, wonder if this will still work?), sponges to cut up and pre-detergent so I can wash sippy cups out there, and I don't remember what else, but apparently it was 20 items. It's a start right?

I wanted to get glowing swords for the boys. We've had them before and they love them, but they didn't have them. Not to worry, still plenty of other glowing stuff has made its' way home to us over the past few months. They're going to look like Christmas trees!

I also ordered my transfers from Amy from the Creative Disigns board, so hopefully I'll get those in a few days. I decided I'm going to wait to order t-shirts. I have all of Griffin's from Michael's, but have to order Cooper's since he needs an XS. I want to get a few under my belt before I order more, so I'll do G's first and go from there. Planning to start those this weekend.

Oh, and I forgot to say this, but Chad has actually been willing to discuss the trip lately. I guess 3 weeks away is close enough to finally talk about it! Anyway, we went over what we are planning to take, luggage-wise, so I feel better now knowing he's on board. We are definitely planning on at least 3 carry-ons, with a strong possibility of a 4th, and aiming for one checked bag.

And...I used Mickey Mouse as a threat today. Griffin had a lousy night, full of backtalk. I finally told him that Mickey was watching, and he doesn't let naughty children come to his house. He shaped up fast!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #126
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Oh my that is so funny youve replaced the santa's watching with mickey. I love it I threatened to take away spending dollars tonight when ryan didnt want to go to bed and was throwing a fit. Its amazing how this stuff works.

Ok after reading your packing list I realized I have not thought of alot. Thanks for sharing it. I remembered the sippies but would not have thought to bring something to clean them with. Good thinking I would also agree to bring any med that you could possibly use. I work in peds and often speak with parents on vacation and they have nothing so over the years I have taken mental notes.

My definite med list includes.

Motrin and Tylenol (these can be rotated when given for high fevers)
Benadryl (any possible allergic reactions)
Night time cough med (I usually use triaminic night time)
I also will bring asthma meds (my boys too have asthma mostly with colds only or during high allergy seasons) our similarities continue togrow.
Thermometer
Neosporin with first aid kit
I also bring any perscription meds I have at home-just in case like oral steroid(leftover from a previous problem), if you have any abx ear or eye drops you ever used for pinkeye or swimmers ear. You never know what ya might need.

Advil for dh and I
Tums "" ""

Did you find kid size pancho's and what is bodyglide?
I dont think your list is ridiculous at all. you are going to be prepared and organized

This is how I decided how much to take. I broke it up by the day and what are plans were. Exp. Day 2- HS taking a break mid day. So I figured an outfit for morning and then another one for at night. Day 3- AK no break so I figured only 1 outfit. Then I figured I would take 2 extra outfits and a pair of jeans just in case there is a cold front that comes through I thought if worse comes to worse I could always do a quick load of wash if I have to use more than 2 extra's. I also included socks and underware in my thought process and added 2 extra's of those as well. I will post my list on my board so you can see. Hope this helps.

Tonights plans:

Pressed penny tubes.
organize day 1 planning info onto my first card for my planner
post my packing list for kids on my report : )
Old 08-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #127
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my that is so funny youve replaced the santa's watching with mickey. I love it I threatened to take away spending dollars tonight when ryan didnt want to go to bed and was throwing a fit. Its amazing how this stuff works.

Ok after reading your packing list I realized I have not thought of alot. Thanks for sharing it. I remembered the sippies but would not have thought to bring something to clean them with. Good thinking I would also agree to bring any med that you could possibly use. I work in peds and often speak with parents on vacation and they have nothing so over the years I have taken mental notes.

My definite med list includes.

Motrin and Tylenol (these can be rotated when given for high fevers)
Benadryl (any possible allergic reactions)
Night time cough med (I usually use triaminic night time)
I also will bring asthma meds (my boys too have asthma mostly with colds only or during high allergy seasons) our similarities continue togrow.
Thermometer
Neosporin with first aid kit
I also bring any perscription meds I have at home-just in case like oral steroid(leftover from a previous problem), if you have any abx ear or eye drops you ever used for pinkeye or swimmers ear. You never know what ya might need.

Advil for dh and I
Tums "" ""

Did you find kid size pancho's and what is bodyglide?
I dont think your list is ridiculous at all. you are going to be prepared and organized

This is how I decided how much to take. I broke it up by the day and what are plans were. Exp. Day 2- HS taking a break mid day. So I figured an outfit for morning and then another one for at night. Day 3- AK no break so I figured only 1 outfit. Then I figured I would take 2 extra outfits and a pair of jeans just in case there is a cold front that comes through I thought if worse comes to worse I could always do a quick load of wash if I have to use more than 2 extra's. I also included socks and underware in my thought process and added 2 extra's of those as well. I will post my list on my board so you can see. Hope this helps.

Tonights plans:

Pressed penny tubes.
organize day 1 planning info onto my first card for my planner
post my packing list for kids on my report : )
I know, I said "Mickey Mouse is watching..." and Griffin goes, "Like Santa? How can he see everyone too?" and I said, "Yep, just like Santa. And God (probably going to h#ll for that one!). He keeps an eye on all the kids who are coming to see him soon, and he doesn't want kids who can't behave to come." Bad mommy award, right here, but you do what ya gotta do. It'd been a very long day!

Great med list! I will definitely add some of those to our list as well. We really do have a ton of similarities! Cooper was diagnosed with asthma a few months ago. His was just a chronic cough, so he doesn't really have episodes, thank goodness. As long as we do his meds twice a day, the cough is gone and he's good.

I did not find kid sized ponchos. However, I used one of the Dollar Tree ponchos at a Jimmy Buffett concert last week, and they aren't huge. I think Griffin could use one in a pinch, and we could probably rig it to not drag on the ground. Bodyglide is for, ahem...chafing. I keep reading about it, so I thought I'd try it. It looks like a deodorant stick, and you rub it wherever things rub (so even the back of your heels). I got it at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I'd love to see your list! I'm subscribed, so I'll check when you post it. Also, please tell me how you get the pressed penny tube labels to fit!!!! I tried making them the other day and could NOT get the labels the right size. When I finally thought I did, I couldn't get it to go all the way around, even though the length was finally right. Help!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #128
DisneyTiger
Life is what happens between trips to Disney World

On our last trip, I remembered all the basic meds (Tylenol, Motrin, neosporin, desitin...) but didn't bring any cough medicine. Well, don't you know that DS had a HORRIBLE cough that kept ALL of us up! I broke down and bought some from the AKL gift shop for, ehem, $10! Yeah, far cry from the Walmart brand that I could have bought at home!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #129
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

I also think its so funny about dh wanting to talk now. My dh is the same way. Recently he has shown some enthusiasm when I talk about things but for awhile there I think he was just tuning my out and just nodding his head. The other day when he saw I put the kids outfits into ziploc bags and labeled them; he looked at me like who are you and where is my wife. I would vote that I have gotten a little bit obsessed with the planning of this trip but I am having a great time doing it so he can just deal with it. God knows I deal with football/baseball year round. But somehow that obsession is considered normal
Old 08-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #130
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I also think its so funny about dh wanting to talk now. My dh is the same way. Recently he has shown some enthusiasm when I talk about things but for awhile there I think he was just tuning my out and just nodding his head. The other day when he saw I put the kids outfits into ziploc bags and labeled them; he looked at me like who are you and where is my wife. I would vote that I have gotten a little bit obsessed with the planning of this trip but I am having a great time doing it so he can just deal with it. God knows I deal with football/baseball year round. But somehow that obsession is considered normal
I know, right? And the thing that kills me is, he thinks I'm nuts for all the planning (though he puts up with it good naturedly), but then who has a blast on the trip with no worries or concerns about what we are doing because it's all been carefully planned? Yup, you guessed it! Who has clean clothes to wear, nail clippers when he needs them, and medicine when he gets a headache? Yep, you guessed it! Men, honestly!

I think he's getting used to it. Last year our vacation was a week in the Outer Banks in a rented house. We had to bring sheets, food, pool and beach toys. I thought, "No future vacation will require this much planning and stuff." Ha! What a fool! But I think planning is half the fun.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #131
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Yes the planning is fun. I keep telling Dh that he will thank me when he has to worry about nothing while on vacation. His whole thing anyway is that he wants to relax the whole time. ah yeah right!

Ok well I got the pressed penny tubes done. Here is the link I used.
http://www.4shared.com/dir/5978989/a...s_DISigns.html

I have the longer tubes of the mini M&M's. She does have the smaller ones as well.

I printed them out in 4 X 6 and it worked perfectly. Let me know how you make out. I will post my pics tomorrow.

I am off to bed. I have stayed up way to late tonight.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #132
jana616
DIS Veteran

OK, I tried that link and it won't work. Who is the designer? Thanks! I have the smaller tubes (I think), and I tried to use Natalie's but I think they're for the bigger tubes. I definitely want to see pictures!

Old 08-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #133
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

It was natalies. I am at work and I cant bring up the link because its saying invalid content. haha I can get on disboards though I will check again at home tonight but I did see she had ones specifically for the smaller tubes. I will post pics when I get home. I did buzz for ryan and woody for nick to go along with their costumes they chose.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #134
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was natalies. I am at work and I cant bring up the link because its saying invalid content. haha I can get on disboards though I will check again at home tonight but I did see she had ones specifically for the smaller tubes. I will post pics when I get home. I did buzz for ryan and woody for nick to go along with their costumes they chose.
You have no idea how much you helped me! I was in her Photobucket account, which only has the larger tubes. But her 4shared files have larger and smaller, so I think I found them! Woo Hoo! It was making me crazy. I haven't printed them yet, but I'm going to do that tonight. I have a hunch they will finally work! Buzz and Woody sound cute!

Old 08-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #135
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

oh good. I will cross my fingers that it works. I also wanted to remind you about downy wrinkle releaser. I dont think I saw that on your list. I thought of it last night while laying in bed trying to sleep, while visions of forgetting something was dancing in my head. I plan on using that since Ive packed all the kids stuff tightly in ziplocks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: