Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #46
jana616
DIS Veteran

One ADR down...bunches to go!

So, I couldn't take waiting to book all of the ADRs anymore, so I called T-Rex directly today to at least get one meal locked in. As I mentioned in my first post, Griffin (and by virtue of being little brother, Cooper) is obsessed with dinosaurs. He truly wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up, and actually has a favorite paleontologist that he has written to. He has no idea that T-Rex even exists, and since he knows about almost every other detail of the trip (mommy is really bad at keeping secrets!), I want to keep this a surprise! I can't wait to see his face when we walk into it! So we are officially booked for Saturday, September 12th at 5:30 pm. Woo Hoo!!

Since pictures are such a fun addition to any PTR, here are some of my dino boys!
Griffin unleashing his inner paleo nerd by chiseling out a plastic dino fossil!

Griffin and Cooper on Kota the Triceratops, the one thing he wanted for Christmas

OK, this one makes me laugh! That's Chad as a dinosaur fossil under the blanket, and Griffin is chiseling him out with the paintbrush and boomerang. We get really bored around here!

Cooper learning to play dinosaurs too!

Last one, I promise! Griffin with the "baby" Kotas he got for Easter. He wanted them for 4 months!

Last but not least, I have my ADR requests all ready and they have been passed on to my TA for tomorrow morning. They are:

9/7-Crystal Palace 5:45 pm
9/8-Ohana 5:00 pm
9/9-Cape May Clambake 6:30 pm
9/10-Le Cellier 11:45 am, Garden Grill 6 pm
9/11-Tusker House 8:00 am
9/12-T-Rex 5:30 DONE!!
9/13-Ohana 9:00 am, Chef Mickeys 5:30

Lots of popular ones, and for a party of 6, but we're looking for times on the early side, so hopefully that will help!

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
Old 06-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #47
jana616
DIS Veteran

One ADR down...bunches to go!

Oops, sorry, double post!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #48
slamgtr09
Earning My Ears

Yay for your first ADR! I have not been to the TRex restaurant yet, can't wait to hear how it is! And I love the pics of your son chiseling away at the "fossil", too cute!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #49
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Congrats on T-Rex. We were gonna eat there in May for Dallas' pseudo-birthday lunch, but they don't have cake delivery. I want to eat there though so we may have to go there in September. Only one day left for the rest of your ADRs . I still have 20 days before I can make mine. I am worried we won't be able to get some of ours . I have a list on my September PTR so I have some backups.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 06-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #50
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Awwww!! I just love all of your pictures! Your boys are just ADORABLE!! I hope you get all the ADRs and times that you want!!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #51
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamgtr09 View Post
Yay for your first ADR! I have not been to the TRex restaurant yet, can't wait to hear how it is! And I love the pics of your son chiseling away at the "fossil", too cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Congrats on T-Rex. We were gonna eat there in May for Dallas' pseudo-birthday lunch, but they don't have cake delivery. I want to eat there though so we may have to go there in September. Only one day left for the rest of your ADRs . I still have 20 days before I can make mine. I am worried we won't be able to get some of ours . I have a list on my September PTR so I have some backups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Awwww!! I just love all of your pictures! Your boys are just ADORABLE!! I hope you get all the ADRs and times that you want!!
Thanks for all the replies! I am super excited about getting that ressie done, and will feel lots better when everything is done tomorrow. I think ADRs have been really stressful for me since I'm doing all the planning for the group (my mom has had some opinions, but Chad and his mom have had none-now I know where he gets it) I hope the places I've picked are good and everyone likes them. And then worrying about not getting them, rearranging... I will be super happy when that part is done, and I think the rest of the planning will be more fun-planning what to see in each park type stuff!

I will be sure to post tomorrow with my success (or lack thereof)!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #52
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
I have been debating how to do our autograph books. With such young kids, I know I don't want anything too nice being dragged around the parks. I've been thinking I would just print some of the cute pages from the DISigns board, and put them on a clipboard to take with us? And then put them in an 8x8 scrapbook album, and do one on each page with a picture of them with the character on the facing page, which I will decorate? I'm not sure. Any advice is welcome!!! And I do worry that they will be too well-loved to last long!
For both of Paige's autograph books, I bought the book at Disney (the small one) for the characters to sign. I made sure I had a picture of her with each character. When we got back, I made photocopies of the autographs. In a 8 x 8 scrapbook, I put the pic on one side (with simple decorations) and the autograph on the opposite page. They both turned out really nice and Paige still likes to look thru them. I will do the same thing for this trip. Unfortunately I am a scrapper as well. There for a while I think I was keeping my creative memories consultant in business.

Me DD
Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #53
jana616
DIS Veteran

Update: ADRs made!

The big news...I've spoken with my TA, and she was able to get us everything we wanted!

Here was my wish list, and in parantheses the actual time we got, if different:
9/7-Crystal Palace 5:45 pm (6:10)
9/8-Ohana 5:00 pm
9/9-Cape May Clambake 6:30 pm (5:50)
9/10-Le Cellier 11:45 am, Garden Grill 6 pm (5:30)
9/11-Tusker House 8:00 am (8:15)
9/12-T-Rex 5:30
9/13-Ohana 9:00 am, Chef Mickeys 5:30

I can't believe it!!! We got every single place we wanted, and I didn't even have to switch any days around. I feel super guilty that while (from what I read on the restaurant board) a lot of people were having tons of problems calling in, I just sat and waited to hear. I guess that's the advantage to using a TA, but it seems really unfair that the system is not the same for everyone! I hope that everyone else trying for ADRs today had great luck as well.

Well, I am on , and an ADR high. Of course I am now second guessing my times and dates, but there is no going back. We purposely picked our parks to hopefully be the least crowded (avoiding Fantasmic and EMH) so maybe that's why we had good luck?

Old 06-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #54
slamgtr09
Earning My Ears

Yay, I am so excited for you!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #55
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Doesn't it feel great? I am glad you were able to get what you wanted without moving things around.

Me DD
Old 06-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #56
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY!! So glad you got everything you wanted! I was the same way when I planned my trip. I didn't have to do a thing! My TA did everything for me, too! Don't feel bad. ANYONE can use a TA, you know?!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #57
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting all your ADR's!!! That's awesome! I also have Crystal Palace and Cape May Clambake for dinner. These are new places for us and we are very excited to try them.

You found great deals at Target--Wow!!$1.48 for stuffed toys. I'm sure that your boys will love all the extra magic.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #58
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamgtr09 View Post
Yay, I am so excited for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post
Doesn't it feel great? I am glad you were able to get what you wanted without moving things around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY!! So glad you got everything you wanted! I was the same way when I planned my trip. I didn't have to do a thing! My TA did everything for me, too! Don't feel bad. ANYONE can use a TA, you know?!
Thank you all for the well wishes! None of the other people going with me have been as excited as I was. I get that they didn't care as much as me, but they should just be happy I'll stop talking about it and asking their opinion, if nothing else! I was so happy to tell Griffin today that we get to eat with Pooh, Mickey, Goofy, and Donald. Apparently, lots of Mickey and Goofy-I think they're at 3/4 of our character meals, all in the last 3 days of our trip. Whoops, didn't plan that real well, did I? But I'm not changing it now, that's for sure! And Becky, you are absolutely right that anyone could use a TA, I just felt bad that some people who cared every bit as much as me were having all kinds of problems while I did nothing. It didn't seem fair, but I guess I just lucked out and picked a great TA-that kind of thing never happens to me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Congrats on getting all your ADR's!!! That's awesome! I also have Crystal Palace and Cape May Clambake for dinner. These are new places for us and we are very excited to try them.

You found great deals at Target--Wow!!$1.48 for stuffed toys. I'm sure that your boys will love all the extra magic.
Welcome!! Thanks for reading! Yeah, I was super psyched about the stuffed toys. Of course I bought them when we were driving and had room to spare. Flying them across the country may not be the best plan, but I want this to be so special for them! I hope you love CP and CMC!

Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #59
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Yay on the great ADRs!! It is so great to read all these Sept success stories.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #60
2shortpeopleruleme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
I have been debating how to do our autograph books. With such young kids, I know I don't want anything too nice being dragged around the parks. I've been thinking I would just print some of the cute pages from the DISigns board, and put them on a clipboard to take with us? And then put them in an 8x8 scrapbook album, and do one on each page with a picture of them with the character on the facing page, which I will decorate? I'm not sure. Any advice is welcome!!! And I do worry that they will be too well-loved to last long!
Like you I didn't know what would be best to use/have for such little ones. Here is what I have come up with (so far:-). They each will have a plain autograph book. Maybe even index cards... Idk just something pretty plain. I am only going to even have it out at the character meals. When we get home I am going to scan the autographs in and then print them out on iron transfers and make them each a pillowcase.
Nov '04 FW Cabins, Sept 9/09 SSR Villa, Dec 11-18/10 off site. 6/27-7/2/11 CSR Mommy and Daddy ONLY trip! 1/9-1/18/14 Bonnet Creek!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: