Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #136
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
oh good. I will cross my fingers that it works. I also wanted to remind you about downy wrinkle releaser. I dont think I saw that on your list. I thought of it last night while laying in bed trying to sleep, while visions of forgetting something was dancing in my head. I plan on using that since Ive packed all the kids stuff tightly in ziplocks.
That made me laugh out loud! We should totally create the "Twas the Weeks before Disney" poem, to be read by anal-retentive trip takers for centuries to come!

So, wait, am I supposed to care about wrinkles? Oops! Just kidding, I will add that to the list. And...the pressed penny tube labels finally worked! One printed, one to go! So happy to finally have some project crossed off my list, even if it was supposed to be the easiest!

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
Old 08-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #137
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

oh yeah thats a great idea. My dh is obsessed with clothes being neat and unwrinkled. Me on the other hand am not as crazy. I am bringing it to keep dh happy. . I love the idea of the poem. I am always making up funny stuff like that for work. My staff gets a kick out of it. I will have to work on something. I cant wait to see pics of your final products. I am so happy it worked.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #138
jana616
DIS Veteran

Randomness...

Not much new to report! I went to Walmart yesterday and got some more of the things on my to buy list crossed off. I got moleskin...I have no idea why, other than it's on every list I see, so I got some too!

I also made some stroller tags, and now I am trying to figure out how to laminate them. They turned into quite the challenge. They are Natalie's design, but she has been kind of slow to respond to my other request for t-shirt designs, so I decided to see if I could just add our name on them myself, using Photoshop. It seemed easy enough to do. Well, an hour later I had my first tag! I made 3 (2 strollers and a spare), and although they are far from perfect, they're not too bad! I also got 2 cheapy folders with prongs, and I want to print some activity pages off and make the boys little folders to work on. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be crossing things off my list, but I prefer to add to it!

Not much work will be done until after Saturday. A local moms' group has a huge children's sale twice a year, and I sell things in it and also work at it so I can shop early! It's Saturday, so I'll be busy until then...I shopping!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #139
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Have fun selling/shopping. I need to get hooked up in the one I always see advertised around my house. I have so much stuff and yard sales just dont attract as much for kids items as a group childrens sale does. Good luck.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #140
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

I just came across your PTR and am all caught up! I love it. We go in October with our Little One's with a 4:3 adult to kids ratio!!
Old 08-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #141
DisneyTiger
Life is what happens between trips to Disney World

Getting so close!!!!!

Can't wait to hear/see how the shirts come out. I made a ton for our trip in September! 16 total

Good luck with the sale
Old 08-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #142
jana616
DIS Veteran

Replies and Mickey Mail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
Have fun selling/shopping. I need to get hooked up in the one I always see advertised around my house. I have so much stuff and yard sales just dont attract as much for kids items as a group childrens sale does. Good luck.
Thanks! The sale was a total success. I brought several big things to sell, and all of those were gone when I left there this morning. I sold a lot of smaller toys and some clothes, but I won't know how much until I go to pick up the leftovers in an hour. Hopefully I'll come back with a small pile! I also had great success shopping-I got 2 travel Magnadoodles for $.25 each, some books for Cooper's airplane bag, some take and toss sippies, and my best find...a Graco stroller rain cover for $1! I still need one more, but to find something I was about to go pay full price for at $1 makes me so happy! All told I spent $89 and left with 3 tubs full, including one whole tub full of fall/winter clothes. I love these sales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissie View Post
I just came across your PTR and am all caught up! I love it. We go in October with our Little One's with a 4:3 adult to kids ratio!!
Welcome! I've been having fun reading your PTR as well. It's nice to outnumber the kids, isn't it? I'm hoping it helps with my two wild boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTiger View Post
Getting so close!!!!!

Can't wait to hear/see how the shirts come out. I made a ton for our trip in September! 16 total

Good luck with the sale
I am hoping the transfers will come in the mail today, and then I can get started tomorrow. I only got about 5 hours sleep last night from being at the sale late and going in early today, so I don't know that I trust myself with an iron tonight! I have 18 to do, if they go well! I am so nervous about how they will turn out...what kind of surface did you make them on? An ironing board isn't hard enough, right?

The big news...we FINALLY got our Mickey Mail! It came yesterday, and I had a blast showing the boys all the pictures in the brochures and maps that were in there. They are getting really excited, even Cooper. But our DME tags weren't in there, just some cute luggage tags. Were they supposed to be, or do they come separate?

Old 08-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #143
DisneyTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
Thanks! The sale was a total success. I brought several big things to sell, and all of those were gone when I left there this morning. I sold a lot of smaller toys and some clothes, but I won't know how much until I go to pick up the leftovers in an hour. Hopefully I'll come back with a small pile! I also had great success shopping-I got 2 travel Magnadoodles for $.25 each, some books for Cooper's airplane bag, some take and toss sippies, and my best find...a Graco stroller rain cover for $1! I still need one more, but to find something I was about to go pay full price for at $1 makes me so happy! All told I spent $89 and left with 3 tubs full, including one whole tub full of fall/winter clothes. I love these sales!

Welcome! I've been having fun reading your PTR as well. It's nice to outnumber the kids, isn't it? I'm hoping it helps with my two wild boys!

I am hoping the transfers will come in the mail today, and then I can get started tomorrow. I only got about 5 hours sleep last night from being at the sale late and going in early today, so I don't know that I trust myself with an iron tonight! I have 18 to do, if they go well! I am so nervous about how they will turn out...what kind of surface did you make them on? An ironing board isn't hard enough, right?

The big news...we FINALLY got our Mickey Mail! It came yesterday, and I had a blast showing the boys all the pictures in the brochures and maps that were in there. They are getting really excited, even Cooper. But our DME tags weren't in there, just some cute luggage tags. Were they supposed to be, or do they come separate?
I used an ironing board and it worked fine. I did put a think piece of cardboard in the middle of the shirt just to make it a bit firmer. It worked great! 18 ??? You beat my record Can't wait to see them!

DME does come seperate from your reservation stuff. Not sure why, but it does. You should be getting that any day now
Old 08-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #144
jana616
DIS Veteran

Finally...some projects finished!

Some progress has been made, woo hoo! I was a busy bee yesterday, and got the Epcot Passports and our autograph books made. I am so excited to have some things crossed off my list. All (ha!) that I have left to do is 18 t-shirts. No problem-that should take an hour or two, right?

So, without further ado...here's my stuff! (wait, that came out wrong!)

The passports, pressed penny tubes, and stroller tags (that I had to put our name on myself!)

Better look at the Passports. I am so excited about these. I have the Word document if anyone else wants to make them. They were pretty easy once we figured it out, and they look so cute!

The autograph books.

I spent a couple of hours on these, but I'm happy with how they came out. I covered chipboard in paper, and then used embellishments I'd already bought for scrapbooking when we come back to decorate. Then I punched holes in the 4x6 index cards and put it all on binder rings. What I like about this is that I can take out the pages as they are signed, so as to hopefully keep safe ones we've already gotten. I had no idea how many pages they'd need, so I put 50 in each. Do you think that's enough? I'm planning to make them albums with their pictures with the characters along with the signatures. But, really, if the books survive, maybe we can just add pictures to these. We'll see!

Oh, and this has nothing to do with Disney, but my baby started Pre-K today, so I have to post his 1st Day of School picture on here.

I can't believe he's this big already. I will be a blubbering mess next year for Kindergarten! Griffin is going 4 mornings a week (M-Th) this year, and Cooper is going 2 mornings (T&Th), which means tomorrow when they both go, will officially be the best day in the world! Any other SAHM on here knows what I mean, right?

Still no transfers, but hopefully they'll come today. I am totally ready and able to start t-shirts, so let's get transferring!!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #145
Macduffy
DIS Veteran

FANTASTIC Job!!!!!!

I would love to have that Passport template. I can PM you my email if you don't mind?!

The autograph books are great too! I'm thinking about making this my next project (while I wait for my transfers to arrive LOL)! Nothing like the last minute eh?

Enjoy your FREE day tomorrow - you deserve it!!!! Ben is going full time in September and Logan too! - back to work for me (I'm off 3 months out of the year - a nice balance but wish I only worked for 8 moths)

This is you. This is your badness level. It's unusually high from someone your size. - Lilo to Stitch
Old 08-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #146
jana616
DIS Veteran

I don't mind a bit. It was really easy, you just have to flip each page over to print on the back side. They lined up nicely though, and then cut them out, round the corners, and staple together. I know my boys will have fun getting the stamps or whatever in each country, and hopefully it will keep them a little more "into" the WS! Just PM your e-mail...

Old 08-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #147
DisneyTiger

Ooh ooh, i want a copy too

Ok, so question... you are waiting for your transfers to come in the mail? I just ask because I've always just printed mine out myself. What kind of transfers are they?? Are they cut out yet because that's the most time consuming part for me!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #148
jana616
DIS Veteran

Just PM me your e-mail addy too, and I'll send it to you! I'm waiting on the transfer paper to come in the mail. I ordered it from someone on the Creative Disigns board, and supposedly it's like the awesomest paper ever, and super easy to use. So no, I have done zero on these shirts other than gathering all the designs up. We'll see how this goes! Oh, and question for you since you're the t-shirt making Goddess...what size did you print your transfers for your kids? One will be on an XS (2-4) and the other on a small (6-8). Actually, what size did you print the adults too? Thanks!

Old 08-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #149
DisneyTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
Just PM me your e-mail addy too, and I'll send it to you! I'm waiting on the transfer paper to come in the mail. I ordered it from someone on the Creative Disigns board, and supposedly it's like the awesomest paper ever, and super easy to use. So no, I have done zero on these shirts other than gathering all the designs up. We'll see how this goes! Oh, and question for you since you're the t-shirt making Goddess...what size did you print your transfers for your kids? One will be on an XS (2-4) and the other on a small (6-8). Actually, what size did you print the adults too? Thanks!

Sending you my email now. Thanks!

For the shirts, what I did was request the DISign on the DISign boards and once someone made one for me (Tylenn is the BEST DISigner) I would right click and save it to my pictures. The I would go pull up the pic and choose print. It gives me an option of size. For the adult shirts, I would use 8X10 and for the kids shirts, I used 5X7. Sorry, hope that wasn't TMI since you just asked what size I did

It's really easy to do from home. I buy the transfer paper from Michael's and it runs through my printer just like regular paper. I've never had any problems. Have you already seen your graphics?? If you get really anxious, I can tell you what paper to buy and you can try it yourself! Good luck, and thanks in advance for the passport doc!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #150
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTiger View Post
Sending you my email now. Thanks!

For the shirts, what I did was request the DISign on the DISign boards and once someone made one for me (Tylenn is the BEST DISigner) I would right click and save it to my pictures. The I would go pull up the pic and choose print. It gives me an option of size. For the adult shirts, I would use 8X10 and for the kids shirts, I used 5X7. Sorry, hope that wasn't TMI since you just asked what size I did

It's really easy to do from home. I buy the transfer paper from Michael's and it runs through my printer just like regular paper. I've never had any problems. Have you already seen your graphics?? If you get really anxious, I can tell you what paper to buy and you can try it yourself! Good luck, and thanks in advance for the passport doc!
No, not TMI at all! That's exactly what I am trying to figure out. I was kind of thinking the same sizes you did, so it's good to know I'm on the right track. I have all the disigns I've found/requested all saved in My Pictures on my computer. So if I understand correctly (and please tell me if I don't!), I just print them onto the transfer paper I ordered (like regular paper, just like yours), trim around them, and iron them on, right?

The papers I ordered are supposed to be easier to transfer than the Avery, etc. ones in the stores, plus I guess they're less likely to crack, bleed through... IDK, enough people swore by them that I bit the bullet and ordered them. And I tried to make it easy on myself and pick bordered box-style designs for all my colored shirts (so no intricate cutting around), and then for the ones going on white shirts, I should be able to just trim closely, right?

Please, please tell me if I am not understanding this stuff well. I don't want to waste time, transfer paper, or shirts. Every other thing I have made for this trip has been harder and took longer than I expected, so naturally, I am terrified for the shirt making!

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: