Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
maciemouse
DIS Veteran

Gay Days crowd question

It states on a web site that Gay Days are going to be at DHS on Friday, June 5. Do they stay at the park the entire day? Or do they leave with other evening plans? Please know I am only asking this question for crowd reasons. I am in no way bashing gay day.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

1) The activities are centered at one park per day, incl USF, IOA and SW.
2) But, many do attend other parks and/or leave for specified evening activities.
3) Yes, there are crowds, but not massive crowds.
4) The only distraction may be Public Displays of Affection (PDA).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

Here is the link to what this web site's owner has to say about this event http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-gay-days.htm

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
Old 05-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
MouseketeerOvaHere
Mouseketeer

Yes, it will be busy at the parks. And yes, you will run into those who display their affection way too much, but it's not a huge fest that the article makes it out to be. You will run into rude people everywhere. but more than anything you will probably be amused by the costumes.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
maciemouse
DIS Veteran

If I stay away from the parks that are hosting Gay Days for the day will I be okay? Is it real obvious that this event is taking place if you are not in the park that they are going to that day?
Old 05-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
baw
Mouseketeer

i have been to the parks on gay days and on not gay days in past years and have noticed no difference in atmosphere, crowds or anything else. you will encounter human beings who happen to be gay anywhere you go, anytime you go.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
maciemouse
DIS Veteran

I'm not worried at all about gay people. One of my best friends is gay. I'm worried about the crowds and large groups. My friend (the one that is gay) told me it brings 20,000 people to Orlando that week. I don't know if that is true but if it is I would think that would def. impact the crowd levels.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
tgrundy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baw View Post
i have been to the parks on gay days and on not gay days in past years and have noticed no difference in atmosphere, crowds or anything else. you will encounter human beings who happen to be gay anywhere you go, anytime you go.
There is a difference between every day encounters and flag flying over the top flaunting.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
ophelia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrundy View Post
There is a difference between every day encounters and flag flying over the top flaunting.
Oh dear.......
Old 05-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
SPAM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrundy View Post
Old 05-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #11
baw
Mouseketeer

regarding crowds: my bday is the first week of june, so i've been a few times that time of year (gay days) and i've noticed no difference in crowds. maybe b/c most schools are not yet out for summer, but if anything, it is less crowded than the rest of the summer. not empty, but it is easy to get on attractions with minimal waits, very pleasant.

as for being "over the top" in regards to expressing affection. I KNOW. my husband and i always do our best not to flaunt our heterosexuality and legal marriage in the face of so many gays who aren't afforded the same rights. It's just so RUDE when all of those male/female couples hold hands.....

is irony and enthusiastic eyerolling allowed on these boards?
Old 05-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #12
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

How does the collision of SWW and GD at DHS work out for crowds?

My plan with DD#1 is we get to POP around 1pm, run to DHS for the remainder of the SWW activities (especially the hoopla), and then probably run to MK for EMH. This is on the 5th, which is GD at DHS.

We're going back for SWW in the morning, but won't stay the whole day as we've got ADRs over at Epcot for dinner at 7, so we want to make sure we get to see the hoopla.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 05-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
HappyDznyCamper
Happily camping since 1972
Was a witness to the great tag fest at the Fort!

Quote:
regarding crowds: my bday is the first week of june, so i've been a few times that time of year (gay days) and i've noticed no difference in crowds. maybe b/c most schools are not yet out for summer, but if anything, it is less crowded than the rest of the summer. not empty, but it is easy to get on attractions with minimal waits, very pleasant.

as for being "over the top" in regards to expressing affection. I KNOW. my husband and i always do our best not to flaunt our heterosexuality and legal marriage in the face of so many gays who aren't afforded the same rights. It's just so RUDE when all of those male/female couples hold hands.....

Old 05-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #14
ophelia
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Almost everytime Gay Days is mentioned on here homophobic tendencies come flying out of the closet...........so to speak.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #15
SPAM
DIS Veteran

I don't know, I jsut know I am avoiding DHS on both the 5th and 6th due to chaos.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: