Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #1051
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Angelrose, I hope you feel better tomorrow. Some days are just exhausting, who knows why?!

Hang in there.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #1052
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Your visit to the salon took a lot out of you too. Those types of visits really are needed even though they are difficult to go through. But we all need to go through all of those emotions and we need to share those thoughts, feelings and emotions with others who are feeling the same and can sympathise. It really does wear you down and tire you out. Add that to your procedure and to the weather changes and you are going to feel worn out. I'm glad you give your body the rest it needs when it needs it.

I know it is difficult and you have to go through all of the what ifs still but don't get upset with yourself after the fact for letting yourself do that. It is only normal to do that. Don't beat yourself up over it. You think of the what ifs because you have such a wonderful, loving, caring heart. You think of all the what ifs because you did the right thing.

Never forget what a wonderful woman you are! You are so full of love, cheer, kindness, happiness, friendship, wonderfulness and brightness!!! You truly are an amazing Lady! We are all so blessed to know you. I know you started this tread because of a need in your life. But this has grown into something else. You have touched our lives in such a way I can't really put into words. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you and I know there are several others here who feel the same. You have become a daily part of our lives now, like family. We think of you and we smile. We pray for you to have the strength you need and to have the peace you need but we also smile knowing what a wonderful relationship you and Ron have shared. We smile knowing such a wonderful woman who is so full of love. We smile knowing that you are now our friend and a part of our family. We smile knowing that you have more strength that you realize. But most of all we want to meet you so we can give you those huge hugs in person.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #1053
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Oh chell, thank you so much. You always make me feel better. Minniecarousel, I did get some rest. I think I am coming down with a chest cold, so that could be why I am so tired. I'm going to call the dr tomorrow to get an appointment. I want to catch this early.

Today I just did the grocery shopping and I did a load of wash. I rested or tired to rest all day. They were having shooting tournament alllllllllllllll day long at the range behind us. I could hear them even with ear plugs in. It gave me headache. I really have some very nasty thoughts about those people. I try not to, but I can't help it. Oh well, nothing I can do about it other than to survive until 4pm when they stop. Then I have 5 days of peace until the next weekend. GRUMBLE! I don't feel very loving or kind towards them, I can tell you.

Oh, I discovered a new vice. LOL I LOVE pistachio nuts. I bought a bag on sale today and it was very hard not to eat the whole pound bag. But I was good and put the rest in the fridge.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #1054
chell

Sorry they gave you a headache today. Maybe you need some upgraded ear plugs. Last night I tried to wear some ear plugs at the concert but they were too big for my ears. They just didn't fit well. But we weren't near the speakers so when our band came on I didn't need them anyway.

Pistachio nuts are great. A few years ago I got some that had a chili lime mix on them and they were yummy!

You are welcome.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #1055
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

I was so happy to be done, Sunday, with the antibiotics from the surgery. I called my regular dr this morning and they said to come right over. It was a slow day. Well, I do have some congestion so I got a Z pack and some cough syrup. I hate taking antibiotics. But at least I will be well by Saturday. I'm glad I didn't wait to go. I usually wait until I can hardly talk before going. This time, I knew the signs and knew it wasn't going to go away on it's own. But, between the cough syrup and the antibiotics, I am so tired all the time. The only thing I did today was put away some Halloween things and take out a few more Christmas things. But it makes me smile to decorate and remember how much Ron loved those decorations. He loved Christmas so much. He couldn't wait until Jesse was old enough and they could play with those noise guns. He had quite a collection ready. Now that will never happen. Jesse will never know how much his Grandpop loved him and wanted to play with him. We can all tell him about Ron, but it won't be the same. Ron had a few times to play catch with Jesse and Jesse loved it. Ron would make these funny faces and make like he couldn't catch the ball and Jesse would laugh so hard. But he won't remember that. He was just a year old. It's just so sad.

Boy, I'm really whining these last few days. I've got to keep on the up side. Maybe it's the drugs that are making me so weepy.

The ear plugs I have are called Macks air pillows. They are soft and mold to your ear. They usually hold out the shooting unless the wind is blowing very hard from that direction. Then nothing can shut it out. I do pray for rain or snow a lot on weekends. Not on everyone, you understand. Just on their range.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #1056
Angelrose

SCREEEEEEEEEAAAMMMMMMMMMMM!!! AHHHHH I feel a lot better now.

Today I went out in the pouring rain for my appointment with the volunteer manager. I tell the girl at the front desk why I'm there and she looks at me strangely. She's out this week. Oh goody, isn't that special? So she makes a few calls and some woman talks to me. Asks me a few questions and says another woman will come out to speak to me. A man comes out instead and apologizes. It seems the manager was out on a family emergency. (I think that means vacation) and the other girl in the office came down with the flu. Wonderful! Then I find out that reading in pediatrics is only in Atlantic City. Well, I'm not driving into Atlantic City twice a week for any reason. He said they would find "something" for me to do. He will have the manager call me next week to set something up. I highly doubt that, but we will see. If she can't tell me definitely what I will be doing, I will just tell her to put me on the waiting list for cuddlers. I'm not going through all the rigamarole for something like pushing babies from one to another. I want to DO something. So I went back out in the pouring rain and walked to the wrong parking lot, got my feet soaked in a puddle before I walked to the right one and came home.

I did a load of wash, had lunch and vegged the rest of the day.

I'm GRUMPY!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #1057
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Hello ladies..

Oh Angelrose..what a run-a-round they gave you. They aren't behaving very nicely to someone so kind who only wants to give of herself and her time. They should be welcoming you with open arms! You have every right to whine...the past months have not been terribly kind to you. Sometimes it must feel overwhelming...but you really are doing a good job of getting up and making every day count. Good for you. Don't let the bumps in the road and sometimes thoughtless folks along the way get you down...it can get frustrating most definetly for the best of us.

It was sure a dreary day here today....dull....and though I went for a good long walk with a friend this morning I didn't do much else! My get up and go has got up and gone!!!

How are you feeling Chell? I hope better?

I don't make it here as often as I intend to...but do know I think of you and wonder how things are going. I am one of those full of good intentions people sometimes and that makes me crazy!

We are going to get our H1N1 shots next Monday I think..we have all been under the weather at some point or another it seems so hopefully it's all good from here!!

Take care of you!

Karen
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #1058
Angelrose

Thanks minnie56. I just feel so frustrated. It took so much to get up the nerve to volunteer and now to have this craziness happen. Thank goodness I have our trip to look forward to. Only 43 more days!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #1059
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh Angelrose I know how you feel...they just don't realize what it takes for some to make the call let alone get themselves in the door. To be met with anything less than enthusiasm just isn't right. You DO have the best yet to come and look forward to indeed! Six weeks..and that will FLY as we know time sadly does! Anticipation of Disney always lifts the spirits!!!
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #1060
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

Angelrose, I just realized that I'll be in WDW when you are! DH & I are going with our older DS & DDIL, Dec. 6 - 15. We'll be celebrating son's 30th birthday. I've seen your picture (& Jessie's!) so I'll keep an eye out for you. I'll have my Lime Green Mickey Head, with my name on it, attached to my shoulder bag.

How frustrating that it's so difficult to volunteer. You can appreciate the screening process, but it sounds poorly organized.

Hang in there.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #1061
Angelrose

Oh I do hope we meet up. I'll be there from the 11th to the 20th. Our first park day will be the MK on the 12th. Maybe we can meet up sometime during the day there?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #1062
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

The 12th is Son's BD, so he gets to decide what park! I do know that we are eating at LeCellier that night. We'll have to compare notes when the time gets closer.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #1063
Angelrose

Sounds good to me. Karen has already made our schedule so I know where we're going to be each day. The 13th is Epcot day, the 14th is MGM, 15th is AK, the 16th is MK in the morning and Epcot at night, 17th is AK again and the 18th is MK for me alone and Epcot in the evening, 19th is MK and MGM and the 20th is MK and Epcot.

I had a strange dream last night. I dreamed that Ron was laughing at me for getting so upset about the volunteering. He was waving his hands like cool down and wait. So maybe he is telling me something better will come up later on? I don't know, but it was good to see that smile again.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #1064
chell

Oh AngelRose I'm so sorry the hospital is being such a pain. You would think they would be so much nicer about it all. I don't understand when people are more kind to their volunteers. The volunteers make their lives so much easier. Sorry you had such a rough day when you went there.

Sorry but you were wrong when you said "Jesse will never know how much his Grandpop loved him and wanted to play with him." I know he won't remember first hand but he does have all of you to tell him and remind him. And when he gets old enough he has those things for you to give him from his Grandpop. Do you know how special those will be for him? Do you have many pictures of the two of them together? If so, why don't you get extra copies of those made and make him a special photo album of just Jesse & Grandpop? Throw in some pictures of Ron through the years. I bet that will be priceless for Jesse! I only have 2 or 3 pictures of my grandfather and wish I had more. They said I was his baby when I was little but sadly I don't remember much of that. I wasn't lucky enough to have someone to remind me how much my grandfather loved me so I forgot about our special times. (My mother wouldn't let me see my grandmother for a long time because she didn't like my dad's side of the family.) Anyway, Jesse is very blessed to have you as a grandmother!

Another thing you could do is make a little journal for him where you write down your memories of the special moments Ron & Jesse shared. You can also write about how you two met, your special dates, your Disney trips, Wedding, the birth of your son, Jesse's birth, Ron & Karen's wedding, etc. I know I would feel honored to have something like that from anyone in my family. That may also be healing for you. That way you know that Jesse will always know Ron and know who he really was. And he will know how much he loved him!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #1065
chell

Aww, the dream sounds sweet. I'm glad you had another dream about him. He's telling you it is going to be just fine.

Minnie56 I'm okay. Today I had my colonoscopy. Monday morning they called to tell me that I had to have another endoscopy too. When they sucked out all of my blood last week for some tests they tested me for Celiac's. That test came back positive so they needed to biopsy my small intestines. They found one polyp, a small hiatal hernia and some internal hemorrhoids. Now we wait for these biopsies to come back. If this shows Celiac's then no more gluten for me. But I really am hoping that is what it is. I know that sounds bad, but I do want it to be that. I've tested positive for an auto-immune disease for over 10 years now, they just can't pinpoint it because there are over 200 of them and I don't nicely fall into any one category. But if I do have this then we know how to treat it and it can make me feel better all around. So I won't be upset if this is what I have. I really won't be upset. It can even cause the fatigue and joint pain that I have.

I haven't been around because Monday night was the concert where I'd been asking the guy to play in our town. It was great and there were about 40 people there! YAY!!! Then after lunch on Tuesday I had to go on clear liquids so I was too tired and blah to get on here.

How are all of you?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: