Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #1036
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Hmmm....well, you 'never know' but I suspect that you might not be able to get into a park once the evening is in full swing. Likely the parks will be at Capacity but there are so many lovely spots such as the Boardwalk for sure to soak up the ambience and see Illuminations from. I love the Boardwalk area..just being there is magic!!!!

Now I want to go..

minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #1037
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Night Michelle, GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #1038
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Thank you! You can come and go with us! If my dad doesn't come we have an extra room booked!!! You can swing by and pick up AngelRose on the way too.

Okay, I'm really going to bed now. Night all!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #1039
chell

Well I went for my follow up with the Gastro today. They took SIX tubes of blood. SIX!!! I have nothing left people!!! The first vein didn't want to share so she had to move the needle around and I started getting woozy. The floor was getting closer to me so she had to stop and get me a cold paper towel. She finally got them filled up after about 20 minutes.

Next Thursday I'm scheduled for a Colonoscopy. Yay. She thinks I do have IBS but she wants to rule out everything else just to be safe and make sure. Even though I don't like the idea of all these tests, blood sucking and poking and such I would much rather have her be thorough. She really talked to me and listened to what I had to say. I appreciate that. So many doctors don't do that. When I find one who does I want to stick with them! She addressed all my concerns and issues. I really do like her even though she tortured me and is going to torture me again.

I have decided that I'm going to schedule Thursday AND Friday off from work ahead of time for this procedure. A lady I work with who has had one for IBS said it is a good idea to take the next day off too. I told her that made me feel better hearing it from her. I didn't want to seem like a baby. But I wanted that extra day to recover if I needed it.

So, how are you Ladies doing?

Old 10-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #1040
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Welcome back minnie56. Sounds like you had a great renewing time there.

chell, your dr sounds very good. I hope you colonoscopy goes well. I had one a few years ago and it wasn't bad at all. I woke up without any pain and no other problems. It was like I just had a nice nap in the morning. I felt fine by the afternoon except for feeling a bit tired.

Last night I felt awful. I thought I was coming down with the flu. I already had the flu shot so if I got it, I was going to the dr and tie his b**** in a knot. Luckily for him, I didn't. I was just so tired and achy. I barely made it out of bed this morning. Walking down our long driveway took me twice as long. Then I just read the paper and sat in my recline and dozed off most of the morning. I had chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese for lunch and that made me feel so much better. I had a nice nap but was woken up twice. Once it was the volunteer department. They can't have an orientation until the 18th of Nov because the state can't get anyone there to teach until then. So tomorrow I have to call the volunteer lady and ask her if she still wants me to come to her on the 28th. I got back to sleep and the phone rang again a half hour later. It was my dr asking if I had managed alright in changing the bandage and if everything was OK. I thought that was nice. I told her I was a little shaky but I got it done. Tonight wasn't as bad. It is very red, but they say that is normal. I think it is the antibiotics that make me feel so tired. I hate taking them, but I have to do it for 3 more days.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #1041
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

New Year's Eve at Epcot was a nightmare for us. We did it once. There was no room to breathe. This was when they allowed smoking. I told Ron that I had to get out of there or I was going to start screaming. He felt the same way. Chuck said he would stay. He didn't mind the crowds then. I think the Boardwalk will be your best bet.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #1042
chell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
New Year's Eve at Epcot was a nightmare for us. We did it once. There was no room to breathe. This was when they allowed smoking. I told Ron that I had to get out of there or I was going to start screaming. He felt the same way. Chuck said he would stay. He didn't mind the crowds then. I think the Boardwalk will be your best bet.
Thanks. Sounds like the Boardwalk will be the way to go. It seems more romantic. I hope you don't mind me saying that. If you don't want me to talk about that sort of thing please tell me and I'll stay quiet about it. It will also save us a day on our tickets for just a few hours.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #1043
Angelrose

I don't mind at all. I think it will be very romantic there on the boardwalk with the lights on the water and the fireworks.

And yes I passed the 50 day mark. It is now 49 more days. I am really getting excited about it now.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #1044
chell

Oh Angelrose I'm so sorry you woke up feeling so bad. Sorry you got disturbed during your nap too. But it was nice of the doctor's office to call you. It is nice when they actually care about the patients. Medicines can make you feel so bad.

Sorry to hear you have to wait longer for your volunteer training. I'm sure it will be worth it when you get in there. Once they get the training done you'll be all set and ready to start right away I bet. You'll have everything else done.

I'm glad to hear you didn't have any issues with the procedure. The lady I work with said the day before she had a headache from not being able to eat. That worries me because I'm hypoglycemic. Oh well, I'll make it through. I'll have to find some interesting clear liquids. I can't stand JellO but I guess I'll have to force myself to eat some. She gave me some medicine to go ahead and start on today to see if it helps me to feel any better. I hope it does. It might make me drowsy so I'm going to start it this weekend to see how I react.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #1045
chell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
I don't mind at all. I think it will be very romantic there on the boardwalk with the lights on the water and the fireworks.

And yes I passed the 50 day mark. It is now 49 more days. I am really getting excited about it now.
Okay, I thought I should make sure. Some people like to hide from it and some people don't. I didn't want to hurt you or anything.

I knew you were close to the 50 day mark! YAY!!! It is a good thing you got a jump on those Christmas decorations.

Are you doing anything special this weekend?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #1046
Angelrose

I'm getting my hair done on Saturday. Of course it's going to be raining buckets. YIPPEE! Sunday I plan to do a whole lot of nothing. I want to rest as much as possible. Now next Saturday is Halloween and I will be with my kids and Jesse for dinner and passing out candy to all the kidlets. I think that will be so much fun. I wonder how he will do going Trick or Treating for the first time?

Have to tell you a funny story.

Karen was a bit early for day care so she took Jesse into the bagel store. He ran in shouting BAGEL. He ran right to the fridge for his momma's soda. She gave him the can and he took it to their special table and started to shake it up. Karen hates bubbles. Well he tried to open it and when he couldn't, he ran to the trash and said "All Done!" Karen was so surprised. LOL She hadn't even paid for it and it was GONE. She just said "Jesse!" He looked so proud of himself and said "Hi" They have been teaching him when he is done to put things either in the sink or the trash can. Now how could you be mad at him? Poor Karen didn't have enough money for another can of soda, but the woman just laughed and told her to go get another one. Karen went back the next day to pay for it. Jesse is fast! I just thought that was so cute.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #1047
chell

That Jesse is something else! That made me laugh. I can just imagine seeing that happen. At least he is listening and learning.

It sounds like you are going to have a great weekend! We are going to a concert Saturday night. Today I found out there are 3 opening bands. I'm not at all interested in any of them. We just want to see the headliner. Before the show we are going to meet a friend for ice cream. This will be the first concert we've been to without anyone else with us. We always go to shows with other people.

Monday night one of, if not, my favorite singer is coming to town and of course we aren't going to that one just the two of us. I've tried to talk everyone I know into going to that one. Sadly, we still can't get more than 20 - 25 people to come out since it is on a Monday night. But it is okay because it is still more people than went to his last show in Asheville when we all went up there to see him. But we still don't have sound equipment. I've been stressed about that. We thought the venue would have it but they don't and are having a hard time finding some. Now I don't know what to do. **sigh** I can't afford to rent it and don't want to have to ask him to rent it since he isn't really getting paid for this show.

Boy I have been talking a lot lately. I'm sorry.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #1048
Angelrose

Enjoy your concert. Sometimes going alone can be just as much fun with just the two of you.

Hope you can find someway to get that sound equipment. And I like to "listen" to you talk. You are always interesting.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #1049
chell

Thanks AngelRose. I am excited about us going to a show with it being just the two of us. This way it is just us and we don't have to worry about keeping everyone happy. Monday night the show is so close to home that it won't be so bad as far as keeping up with everyone. Now I know I'll be worrying at that show because worrying is one of the things I do best and I want this show to be perfect. I want him to see it really is worth it to come play our little area.

I was about to ask how your hair appointment went today then I realized it is still Friday. This has been a long week for some strange reason.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #1050
Angelrose

My hair appointment went well. She gave me a great cut and dye job. But we started talking about our husbands who are both gone. We both started crying and it was very hard. We were talking about the guilt. You know, the "what ifs". Or the "I should haves". Replaying the scenes over and over again in our minds. It never stops. We finally got a hold of ourselves in time for the next lady to come in. But she did tell me one thing that made me feel better about letting go of Ron when I did. Her sister is a physical therapist who works a lot with brain injuries. Every time she would tell her sister about Ron, she would shake her head. I guess she knew what the outcome would be. I know I did the right thing, but I still can't help but think about the "what ifs". I have to let that go. I keep trying but it doesn't seem to want to go away.

I stopped at the mall to pick up a gift box and happened to go by the Build a Bear shop. sighhhhh I now have a new snowflake bear. I have no idea how that happened. LOL I stopped at the food court and got a sinful Philly cheesesteak and fries to go and went home with one more stop at the dump to get rid of three weeks trash and the recyclables. The guy there is so sweet to me. He lives down the street from us and was a good friend with Ron. He always takes everything out of the car for me. Then I went home.

I was so exhausted. I ate my lunch and went upstairs to take a nap, but couldn't really fall asleep. I rested though. When I got up I was twice as exhausted as when I laid down. I had a PBNJ for dinner and literally couldn't get out of my recliner for about 3 hours. I forced myself up and took a hot bath and changed the bandage. The wounds are healing nicely and the redness is going away. It's still sore though. I felt better after that. But I can't understand why I feel so exhausted. It's been 4 days since the surgery and the stitches. I can't still be feeling the effects from that, can I? Well, tomorrow will be a better day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: