Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #1021
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Now,now, Angelrose, don't eat all the pumpkin bread at once!

haha - I can't beleive you put up some Christmas decorations already! What fun!

We just had my brother, his wife and his youngest daughter here for a few days. They came into town to see our Mom & for another brother's 60th birthday party. He's the only sibling who doesn't live near-by. My Mom loves seeing him, and even thought she has 7 other children living nearby, she misses him. But he tries to come out here yearly.

I'm glad to hear that you're finally making progress with the volunteering at the hospital. All hospitals need good volunteers!

Hang in there, Angelrose. I'm sure all these feelings of sadness are normal. Doesn't make it any easier though.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #1022
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

See, minniecarousel, I KNEW I heard someone laughing!

I had the Mohs surgery this morning. It didn't take long and I was back in the waiting room reading my book. They told me it would be an hour before they knew if they had gotten it all. I had just finished my snack when they told me I was done! They had gotten it all the first time. The dr. was very nice and cute. That always helps. They bandaged me up and I called Chuck to come and pick me up. I was back home by 11:30. I had some lunch and decided to take a short nap. I was going to go for a walk since it was such a nice day. I went upstairs and it was so cold, that I decided to change to flannel sheets and put the heat up to 65. I try not to put the heat on until the beginning of November, but I was too cold. I got to bed by 12:30. I woke up at 1:30 and decided to just close my eyes for another half hour. Well, you can guess what happened. The next time I opened my eyes it was 3:30! No time for a walk. I guess the lidocaine drugged me a bit.

Tomorrow I go back for the stitches. The only reason I can figure that out is he wants that extra co pay. I'm going to go out earlier and get some shopping done. I will meet Chuck at the mall and he will drive me to the drs and stay with me. It should take very long at all. I peeked at the surgery before they bandaged me up. YUCK! Two holes. I'll be glad when it's all stitched up.

Thanks for all the prayers. As you can see they were answered.
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #1023
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Glad it went well. Hope the stitches went well today too. Maybe they wanted to give it time to get any swelling down.

Naps are wonderful. We may have to get out the flannel sheets soon too. We have already had to turn on the heat here.

How are you feeling today?

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #1024
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

They stitched me up today. At least I didn't have to pay another co pay. It took longer because some other patients were bleeders. I finally got out of there around 2:30. It's a good thing I went out early this morning and stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things. They have a McDonalds there and I had my breakfast there. I didn't get home until 3:30 and I was starving. I had something to eat and took some Tylenol. That does practically nothing for the pain, but I guess it's better than nothing. I have to take antibiotics and in two weeks I get the stitches out. I am so tired. Between the drugs, Tylenol and the nervousness, I am really bushed. I think I am going to sit in front of the tv tonight. Tomorrow I have to change the bandage. ICK I'm not looking forward to that. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #1025
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Angelrose, so glad to hear your Mohs surgey went well and hope you feel better today . Did your dr recommend Tylenol, not sure if can be used after mohs, but I discovered Aleve (an anti-inflammatory) med works best for me for pain. These procedures are definitely mentally and physically exhausting. Take care and hope you enjoy a nice autumn day ! Continued prayers ^i^

Last edited by 4nana; 10-21-2009 at 08:32 AM.
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #1026
Angelrose

Thanks 4nana. I'm doing better tonight after a bad night last night. I just sat in my recliner most of the day. The dr did recommend Tylenol. I'm definitely not allowed to take Aleve or Advil because it might promote bleeding. So I'm stuck with Tylenol. I figure just about the time when I can take Advil, the pain will be over. LOL

I managed to take off the bandage tonight and get a hot bath. I washed it very gently. Got it nice and clean. The hard part for me was drying off and getting the Vaseline on, then putting on the new bandage. My hands were shaking so bad. But I got it done and tomorrow it will be easier, I'm sure.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #1027
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Thanks 4nana. I'm doing better tonight after a bad night last night. I just sat in my recliner most of the day. The dr did recommend Tylenol. I'm definitely not allowed to take Aleve or Advil because it might promote bleeding. So I'm stuck with Tylenol. I figure just about the time when I can take Advil, the pain will be over. LOL

I managed to take off the bandage tonight and get a hot bath. I washed it very gently. Got it nice and clean. The hard part for me was drying off and getting the Vaseline on, then putting on the new bandage. My hands were shaking so bad. But I got it done and tomorrow it will be easier, I'm sure.
I figured he must have recommended Tylenol. Sorry you had an uncomfortable night, hopefully you'll get some rest tonight and tomorrow will be a better day!
Sending hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery.
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #1028
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Hello all...

Finally, I am making my way back here. Goodness me..where did the days go!

Oh Angelrose, I do hope you feel a little better every day. Healing just takes time..as long as the day is better than the one before!! Just rest and take it easy...this too shall pass

How are you feeling Chell? Hoping that today finds you on the road to mend also. I 'think' you haven't seen the Dr again yet right?

Well, I really enjoyed my few days away last week..it ended all too soon. I wish everyone could enjoy such a place..it was very peaceful, beautiful and healing. I cannot explain how restful it felt. They pretty much roll up the sidewalks in Northern Ontario once the season is done so it was very quiet but picture postcard perfect. Long walks in the crisp air, quiet spots where we ladies sat and chatted and lovely dining at the main resort restaurants as so many off property were closed ...but it was bliss.

Hope that everyone is enjoying the Fall days...
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #1029
chell

Glad the stitches went well, but sorry changing the bandage wasn't so easy. I hope the rest of the healing process goes very quickly. I'm sure you are tired. Hope you can get plenty of rest and rest well. Larry & I are both on Prednisone (for different reasons though) and neither of us are sleeping well right now. I'm sending all of that extra sleep your way though!

Tomorrow I go back to the Gastro for my follow-up appointment. We'll see if she wants to do another procedure. If she doesn't I'm going to be very shocked, especially since I haven't been feeling well and with some other issues I'm having.

AngelRose how many more days until you will be in Florida? Are you under 50 yet? I know you were getting real close to 50 the other day. Did I tell you we decided to leave a day early so we will now be there on New Year's Eve? I'm crazy! I can't stand crowds and get real anxious. But I really want to experience NYE there for some reason. Hopefully I can pretend that the rest of the people aren't there. I'll try a mental block. I usually do well with those when I'm at WDW. For some reason the crowds there don't bother me like they do at Wal-Mart here at home.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #1030
chell

Welcome back Minnie56! I was just about to ask when you would be back. Sounds like you had an amazing time!!! That is great!!! We missed you!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #1031
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Thanks Chell! Nice to be back...

NEW YEARS EVE!!!!!!!!!! WOW---are you brave!?!?!?!?!
Have you ever been there at NYE?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #1032
chell

No. How bad is it? Should we just try to watch some fireworks from the Boardwalk area? We are staying at the Swan. I know absolutely nothing about NYE there. NOTHING!

It will actually be the very first NYE I've ever done anything to celebrate, other than watching the ball drop on tv. That's pretty sad, isn't it? I'm 30-something years old and have never celebrated NYE.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #1033
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Nooo..it's really not so bad..I would say choose your park and arrive early to be counted in the gate. Then go out and enjoy some other things around the Resort perhaps..water activities etc..and head back to your park late afternoon as trying to last all day until midnite is way too hard! I have done a NYE at all the parks..I enjoyed Epcot best as it is so big that it really didn't seem terribly crowded...mind you, that year it poured!! Make dining rezzies if you haven't already, walk ins will be next to impossible..

No, it's not sad at all that you really haven't celebrated New Years..actually, true confessions, I don't much like New Years. I find the passing of yet another year sad. Time moving on..weird aren't I?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #1034
chell

The bad thing is that we don't land in Orlando until about 8PM. So if we can't get into a park it won't be that bad. The main thing is that we will be there. Then the crowd needs to head home Saturday & Sunday so we can have the park to ourselves the next week.

My sisters & the boys arrive on Friday, Jan. 1. My dad and step-mother probably won't be coming now. But I understand.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #1035
chell

No, you aren't weird at all. I don't feel so bad hearing you say that. I feel better now actually.

Well I better get to bed. Tomorrow will be a long day. I don't know how long I'll be at the doctor. Hopefully this isn't one of those offices where you wait for EVER and a day. I don't have time! Especially not on Thursdays - that is my busiest day of the week.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: