Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #1006
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Oh Angelrose you aren't whining. If I could come up there and look at your Christmas decorations then hug you I would! I know it wouldn't be the same but I would do it. You are still going to have difficult times and it is okay. It is normal. You are still very early in the grieving process. Your dear Ron hasn't been gone from here all that long. Don't be too hard on yourself. Don't think you should be completely "healed" by now because you shouldn't. If you were then you wouldn't be the kind, loving, wonderful woman we have all come to know and love so much. To add to it all you & Ron had a very special kind of love and an amazing relationship and you don't find that every day. You have more to grieve than some others do when they loose their partners. Gosh, I hope this doesn't bring you down again. I don't mean for it to. I'm just trying to help you see why it is okay for you to still feel down. You are having good days and that is GREAT because you should. You need to have good days. You have to go on. But you have to deal with all of your feelings and it seems you are doing that. You seem to be doing what you should.

I'm glad you finally got to talk with someone at the hospital. It's about time they got you scheduled.

The Yum Yum sauce does sound like our shrimp sauce. That stuff is awesome!

Minnie56 I know you are on your trip right now but I do listen to my iPod on the worst days. Sadly sometimes she is so loud she overpowers my music. Now THAT is bad! I'm not going to turn my music up so loud that it damages my ears. Oh well, maybe one of these days someone will get through to her that she can't act that way.

I hope you are having fun!

Angelrose I'm sorry you don't get the pretty fall colors there.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #1007
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thanks chell. We did have such a good marriage. I miss him so much. Some days are just harder than others.
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #1008
chell

You are welcome. Like I said earlier please don't beat yourself up so bad when you have a rough day. You need to remind yourself that you are allowed to have bad days. You have to in order to heal. No matter what know that you are surrounded by people who love you and support you. I've told you before that you feel like family to me and that I love you like I've known you for years. If there was anything I could do to ease your pain I would do it in a heartbeat.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #1009
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Oh chell, you are so sweet to me. I feel like we are family too. That's funny, isn't it? We've only chatted online for a few months and we have all become so close. I really appreciate your love and support.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #1010
chell

It is something how close we have become in such a short amount of time. God brought us all together for a reason. The circumstances were very unfortunate, but I am glad we have become friends. I just wish I could do more and take your pain away.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #1011
Angelrose

You help and that's all I could ask for. Time will do the rest. I know it will be a long, long time. I also know that the pain never really goes away. You just survive another day.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #1012
chell

I hope you had a great day today.

Tomorrow we are watching the boys again. We will be working on their countdown project. I'm excited to work on that with them.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #1013
Angelrose

I cleaned upstairs today and then, OK now don't laugh, I put out some Christmas decorations. I hear you laughing!! I got my bedroom all done and my computer room almost all done. It made me feel good and reminds me of how close our trip is getting. Only 54 more days.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #1014
chell

Do you want to come clean my house now? Not laughing at all! It is funny though because just yesterday I was thinking that I want to get mine out soon.

Hope you had a great day today.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #1015
Angelrose

I had a lazy day today. I did the bare minimum of house cleaning. Then I sat in front of the tv all day.

It's funny how things work out. I have been thinking about calling my neighbor across the street to ask him if he wants Ron's hand weights. I just never seem to be able to do it. Well, this afternoon, Terry called and asked if I wanted a loaf of her homemade pumpkin bread. Woman do you even have to ask?? She sent her husband over and he gave this huge loaf. I asked him if he wanted the weights and he said yes. He brought over his Jeep and took them all. There were 8 lb, 15 lb and 25 lb weights. He said he didn't think he was going to be able to lift the 25 lb any time soon. Ron used to work out every other night. He would watch tv and start with the 8 lbs and work up to the 25 lbs. I'm glad that Chris will be able to get some use out of them. I also gave their boys their Halloween bags because I will be at the kids house that night. I gave them each two Pez (Toy Story) and some chocolate bars. I'm sure that will keep them happy. I had to have a slice of her pumpkin loaf. OMG it was sinfully good. She put a tiny drizzle of icing on the top and that made it even better. I could just sit down and eat the whole thing.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #1016
chell

Lazy days are wonderful. When you come to clean my house will you bring me a piece of pumpkin loaf too? I love pumpkin anything. Friday my friend at work brought me a Pumpkin Latte. That is about the only time I drink coffee because I just don't like the taste of it, but add pumpkin stuff to it and it is good enough for me to drink!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #1017
Angelrose

How about if I mail you a piece? For sure, not going to be cleaning your house. Don't even want to clean my own!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #1018
chell

It might not survive the mail. Guess you will have to eat a piece for me.

Dang, I can't find anyone but Larry to clean the house for me. Bless his heart, he really does try to do a good job. He just doesn't understand the concept of dusting. That is something I can't do because of my allergies.

Has the cold hit you yet? It has here.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #1019
Angelrose

Not real cold. We've had a high of 45 the last two days. We've had a nor'easter and had about 2 1/2 inches of rain and some wind. Not too bad, thank goodness. It's supposed to get warmer on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #1020
chell

We are supposed to warm back up then too. I hope the wind doesn't get too bad. Stay safe and dry and warm!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: