Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #991
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

"Until tonite Chell"??? Then a downward turn? Are you seeing the Dr again?

You are indeed a great Auntie.. Wonderful memories you are making with your nephews.. they will long remember.

Oh yes Angelrose, Ron is watching over you and seeing his beloved family as they carry on.. you know, today as I mentioned is Thanksgiving here and I had a moment in my kitchen as I busied myself and suddenly my Mum came to mind and all the Thanksgivings we shared and how they used to be and are no more. She worked so hard for so many of us and here I was and am, exhausted prepping for only 6!! I had a few tears as I remembered..that's how it is now, moments of grief and thankfully not all the time...but still there all the same. It really is a day by day thing isn't it?

I did see my Dr Angelrose...he said Viral..if I am not feeling lots better soon I will go back but really, at this point, it's mostly fatigue and a little left over sinus congestion..I am sure there's not much he can do for me.

Well, finally, the Dishwasher is on..leftovers in the fridge and I am DONE!

I think we'll go to hubby's family for Xmas..this is too much like work!!!

Have a good evening....
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #992
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Wol, I had a lot of catching up to do ! I was away from the boards for awhile, but it's so good I'm back ! Angelrose, you sound so positive and full of faith and hope....I am relieved and it's good to hear things are getting a little better for you one day at a time sweetie.

Your WDW trip sounds wonderful and the planning/anticipation is definitely part the fun !! Sesame Place must have been a blast with your little DGS Jesse and I'm betting Ron was watching all the fun from above. My, don't grands have a way of bringing us such love and joy ?! Our out of state grands were up for a family BD this week-end, so we had lots of fun activites with all of them. Like your little Jesse, we're so blessed ~ they sure put a bright spot in each day !! Godspeed ^i^

4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #993
NewmanFamily6
Mouseketeer

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Please update us when you are able.

Next trip: January 2015 @ All Star Sports
NewmanFamily6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #994
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Minnie56 I'm glad you went to the doctor. I hate yours is sticking around so long. Have you seen the thread on the Theme Park board asking if anyone has come back and not gotten sick? I didn't go into the thread but only saw the title and thought of you.

My next appointment with the doctor is next Thursday. The pains and nausea start to get better then it gets worse again. Last night I ate a hot dog with the boys and shouldn't have. But that is what my sisters made and I didn't want to be rude. But it was the first time I've had a hot dog in months so I didn't know it would cause so much pain. Today at work I got stressed and it started hurting more again. So stress is a factor. I need to remember to tell the doctor that.

4nana was that picture from this weekend? That is a cute family picture!

Angelrose I hope you had a great day today! Have you heard back from the hospital yet?

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #995
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

We had a great dinner yesterday. The chef put on a wonderful show. It was very exciting to watch him juggle raw eggs! We all had the filet and chicken. OMG it was so good. I loved the friend rice and the Yum Yum sauce. I could drink that stuff! At the end Chuck caught the most shrimp in his mouth. Karen caught about 3 or 4. I didn't even come close. I barely caught it in my hand. LOL But it was a fun dinner and we all had a great time. I had plenty left over for my dinner tonight and a bit left over for tomorrow. I didn't get home until around 9:30. We dropped Jesse off at their friends house for the evening. We picked him up around 9 and he was still awake. But he dropped off to sleep as soon as we drove off. I was so tired that when we got the their house, I just gave them all hugs and drove home.

I called the volunteer lady this morning. She said it takes a couple of weeks to process. I told her it had been over 2 1/2 weeks. Then she asked me what I wanted to volunteer for. I told her a cuddler. She said that was all full but she would call me if there were any openings. Well, duhhhhhhhhhh. Why didn't you tell me that when I applied? The way they talked, they always needed cuddlers. I think I will call her again tomorrow and ask if they need someone to read in the pediatrics ward. If she says that is full too, I will ask if there is any reason they don't want me to volunteer. I know my neighbors all gave me a good reference and I know my doctor did. So I can't imagine what the problem could be.

Chuck called tonight to tell me that they paid the balance on our DW trip tonight and got a Disney babysitter for Jesse for just one morning. They wanted to know if I still wanted to babysit for him for two evenings. They would just get the Disney babysitter for those two nights also. No, I don't think so. I could probably use the rest those two nights. They also reserved my scooter. Only 58 more days to go!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #996
chell

Dinner sounds awesome! Don't feel bad about not catching the shrimp because I wouldn't have been able to either. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. Is the Yum Yum sauce a light pinkish color? We call it shrimp sauce here. It isn't made with shrimp but I guess it is supposed to be really good with it. I don't know because I don't eat shrimp. But I eat that sauce on everything. I've made it a few times. That isn't a good idea because then I eat too much of it.

Babysitting at Disney will be fun! We are doing that but in the Magic Kingdom. It will be fun but crazy at the same time.

Sorry they were all full at the hospital. I'm sure there is somewhere they can use you. Don't think it is anything personal. :hug;

Only 58 more days? It will be here before you know it!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #997
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh Angelrose that sounds like a lot of fun! Not sure I could catch much more than a passing fly in my mouth either! Wonder what's in the yum yum sauce? Is it like a sweet and sour sauce?

Isn't it fun planning all the Disney things? I used to use the Neverland Club at the Poly once in awhile when they are were younger and we could then do a nite out doing something they would have no interest in at all. They loved it, used to hide when we would go to collect them. Too funny.

Yes, why could they not have told you that they were not in need of 'cuddlers'? I would call again too..how can you ever have enough warm arms to love? My neighbour is a Neonatal nurse in the NICu--she tells me they depend on those that come in to share love and snuggles.

Well I am off to a resort tomorrow called Taboo

http://www.tabooresort.com/

A friend has rented a 4 bdrm Chalet for a week so a couple of us are heading up till Friday, the Autumn colors should be lovely..I am looking forward to it!!

Take care of you Angelrose, Chell, feel better! Everyone else keep well...
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #998
chell

Have fun Minnie56! I hope you are feeling a whole lot better. We will miss you. Are you going to bring us back some pictures? I hope so. The fall is my favorite time of year.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #999
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Thanks Chell! I am beginning to feel a little better each day, how are you today?
My friend is driving so I get to sit back and watch the colors go by, perfect.
I am sure my friend will take pictures..she's much better at that than me!!!! Then I will ask my DD to post...again-not my talent either!

Will miss you ladies too!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #1000
chell

It is great to hear you are feeling better. Sadly I'm not. Today was a rough day. I wished I had stayed home & in bed but I had WAY too much work to do. My appointment is next week.

We can't wait to hear about your trip and see the pictures!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #1001
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh Michelle...I am sorry
I hope you get some answers and more importantly-some relief soon...constant pain can really wear you down

It's very draining...poor you. Just want you to be on the mend too.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #1002
chell

Thank you. Sometimes it eases it. I've noticed that stress makes it a lot worse. Sometimes at work I get stressed out because we have someone who is real loud. That bothers me because I can't concentrate on what I need to do. When that is going on I start hurting more and get really, really nauseated. I need to remember to tell the doctor that stress does make it worse. Oddly spices don't bother me at all.

Thank you for your concern. You are so sweet. Have a great trip! I've got to get to bed now. See you back here soon.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #1003
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

I am not sure what your job is? If you mentioned..I am not known for my memory!!! Can you wear an I-pod or similar to help tune this person out? Just a thought..it's hard I know. You don't need the added angst it sounds...that's a tricky situation

Nite, sleep is good.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #1004
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Have a great trip minnie56. I will love seeing those pictures of fall colors. Our trees here, just get brown and die. We haven't had a beautiful fall in ages.

Michelle, I so hope you start to feel better soon. I hate that you are hurting.

I called the volunteer manager again this morning. Of course she was at a meeting. I left a message and my phone number. I didn't get a call back as usual. Now that is just rude. When I went there they were all saying that they always needed more cuddlers. Now all of a sudden they are all full up? I will definitely call right at 9am tomorrow. I need to know if there is some reason they find me unsuitable. If they have a reason, I'm sure it is some kind of mix up. Probably over the spelling of my last name. Or someone put in the wrong number on my drivers license. But I want to know! As you can tell, I am rather pissed. I really want to volunteer. I can read to them, I can hold them. Anything like that. It's funny. I wasn't sure about this for a long time. Now that I know it's something I want to do, I'm finding roadblocks. Oh well, if it's meant to be, it will happen. Maybe God has other plans for me.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #1005
Angelrose

Michelle the Yum Yum sauce is light pink in color. I'm seriously thinking of bathing in it. LOL It is so good.

I finally got in touch with the volunteer lady this morning. She said I am going to orientation on the 27th and then have a meeting with her the next day to get set up for my MMR shot and tb test. Then I will start work on November 2! I am so excited now. I think it will be good for me as well as giving the kids in pediatrics something to look forward to. I love to read. Jesse is still too young to read to. I get two pages in and he is OFF. Maybe next year.

I was in my big living room tonight reading. The big living room was supposed to be a two car garage but we decided to have the large room for a reading and music room. I just started crying. Ron loved this room so much. It was "my" room. He would come downstairs and give me a hug and we would talk. He would tell me how much he loved my decorations and how he would love to come in this room at night even when I wasn't there because it was "me". After I got the room decorated for Christmas, I would take him by the hand and drag him in there. He would always say WOW! He so loved all the ornaments and lights. I miss him so much. Right about this time of night he would be finished with his computer and come into my computer room and give me a hug from behind. He would tell me he was going downstairs to watch tv. I would always have something to show him, funny pictures or cute animal pictures someone would send me. Then he would give me another hug and go downstairs. I know he is here in spirit but I miss those hugs. It hurts so much. How am I going to get through the holidays? After I get everything decorated, there will be no one to tell me WOW and give me a hug. I have my kids, but they can't be with me all the time. I have our trip to Disney to look forward to, but that is going to be hard too.

I'm sorry to keep on whining. It's just a bad night tonight.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: