Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #976
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Have you been to the tea before? I bet you and Karen will have a wonderful time. It will be great if Christine can join you. Is Jesse going too or is he going to be spending time with dad?

Sounds like Karen may be more of a planner than me.

This morning I was able to get us a reservation for Le Cellier. We made one reservation for breakfast at Ohana for Monday Jan. 4 just after 8. The night before the MK is open until midnight or so. I want to stay really late. But we are taking the boys to breakfast the next morning. What was I thinking? I decided to take the boys to the Lilo & Stitch breakfast since they like their movies (and Larry's favorite character is Stitch). We are also doing this so my sisters can sleep in. It's really a treat for my sisters and the boys. I think after my sisters meet up with us we are going to have to go back to the room for a nap!

Today is the oldest's birthday! He turned 7. We went out for pizza for dinner since that was what he wanted. Saturday we are having a little party at the bowling alley.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #977
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

No I've never been to the afternoon tea before. It's just going to be a girls afternoon. Jesse and daddy will have to entertain themselves. After the tea, we will go look in all the stores at the GF and then take a look around the Poly stores too.

Yes, we all decided on where we would like to go each day and she made all the reservations. It's going to be fun.
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #978
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Yes, I have heard of Netipots Chell but I don't have one. I actually watched Dr Oz yesterday or the day before and he showed a lady in the audience how to use one..I should look for one, he is a big advocate of them. I do have the saline nasal spray and maybe tonite I should try that. I really feel even the thumper of a headache I had was from sinus probs.

I was up in the night from 2 to almost 6..needless to say I was not at my best today! I remember what it felt like to drag myself out of bed for my dog..she's gone now but sometimes it sure was tough.

I think you 3 ladies would really enjoy Tea...we had the 'Buckingham Palace' or something like that...it was more than enough.In fact, we didn't eat supper that day! Mind you, Tea was at 4 pm. It was so lovely..have you done it before?

Glad you got an ADR at Le Cellier..did I tell you my DD is hoping to work there as a Cultural Rep next year? She was in the International College Program 3 years ago..working in the Haunted Mansion and now she wants to do this for a year. She graduated last May as an Engineer-Chemist and with the economy, cannot get a job! Sooooo she's thinking this might be fun..but she's worried as well about something coming her way after she has made the comittment! Hard to know what may or may not be around the corner isn't it? Anyways, how I ramble, I love Le Cellier too! Have some Cheddar Cheese soup for me!

Nite ladies..
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #979
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
No I've never been to the afternoon tea before. It's just going to be a girls afternoon. Jesse and daddy will have to entertain themselves. After the tea, we will go look in all the stores at the GF and then take a look around the Poly stores too.

Yes, we all decided on where we would like to go each day and she made all the reservations. It's going to be fun.
Oh --I misread--you haven't been, you will really love it..very soothing and pretty in the midst of such crazyness!
When we went a couple of weeks back we poked around the GF stores after and really enjoyed time in that shop at the front..Basin or something...White Basin? We washed our hands and creamed them and bought some heavenly body butters...so good you want to eat them!

Last edited by minnie56; 10-08-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #980
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Yes, Basin. I LOVE that store. I always get the almond butter. The afternoon tea will be a new experience for Karen too. So we will enjoy it together for the first time. It will be great if Christine could join us.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #981
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

God bless you and your husband. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #982
Angelrose

Thank you for your prayers KCmike. I can always use them to help me with my grief.

Chuck came over to help me with some chores this afternoon. Karen's birthday is Monday and she invited me to come to her birthday dinner with them. Wasn't that sweet of her? We are going to a Japanese restaurant that makes those onion volcanoes and throw food at you to catch in your mouth or your hand. Now that will be interesting. It was good to see Chuck again. He helps me so much.

I am going shopping tomorrow. I haven't gone out shopping in about a month now. I need some things at Walmart and the craft store and Target. I may even go to the mall and treat myself to lunch at the food court. Maybe I'll try Johnny Rockets. I've never been there.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #983
chell

Angelrose I hope Christine can join you for the tea. That is going to be such a fun day. The Christmas decorations are so wonderful there and at the Poly too. I love looking at the houses they make at the Poly from the candy. They are so much fun. You are going to have such a wonderful time!

You are going to be so tired tomorrow with all that shopping! It was sweet of her to invite you for her birthday dinner. She really is a sweetie. But like I've said before, she has an awesome mother-in-law. You need to tell us how much food you catch in your mouth. It would hit me between the eyes.

Minnie56 that would be so much fun if your daughter did that! You will have to let us know. If she does and we can get in next year we will have to ask for her if she is a server. Can you believe I've never had that soup?

This morning I finished our dining reservations. YAY! I'm excited. Today was our oldest nephew's birthday party (the one we had pizza with on Thursday - if I told you about it). His brother, the 5 year old, doesn't like cake. He is a "fruit eater actually." That is what he tells us. There is a grocery store beside of the bowling alley. I took him for fruit right after the cake was served. While we were there I asked him who at Disney did he want to have a meal with. He said "Mickey!!!" I told him that I already have him a meal with Mickey scheduled. Then he said "Pluto too?" He was excited when I told him yes. He just doesn't know that he has 3 meals with Mickey!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #984
chell

Minnie56 how are you feeling? My dad likes watching Dr. Oz. I've never seen him. My dad & step-mother have been drinking lots of the green smoothies.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #985
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Goodness you have been happily busy Angelrose..I am happy that you have such good family to take care of you and spend time with.

It's great to have all th ADR's sorted isn't it Chell? Big sigh of relief..I am not a great planner..so don't fare well with having to book far ahead. I never know where I will feel like being?!?! I always seem to luck out in the end tho...

I love Disney at Christmas time..it is so pretty. THe Grand Floridian is amazing isn't it? Those huge Gingerbread houses are a work of art. When I was standing outside the GF a few weeks back I envisioned all the flowers they put all along the monorail station..I was trying to describe it to my friend that came along..she hadn't been in more than 15yrs so it was all pretty awesome to her.

I am feeling a little better..I went out last night w/friends and they couldn't believe that my voice was still froggy...it's been really dragging on. I am very fatigued still so I do hope that passes soon!!! Thanks for asking... This actually began in WDW so it's been much too long! Maybe I need some of Dr Oz's green smoothie stuff...yikes!

Well, I am off to bed..it's Thanksgiving here this weekend and tomorrow I get to cook the Turkey and all that goes with! I have cheated and ordered a couple of pies from a French Pattiserie here in town so that's one thing off of my mind! I have just myself, my DD (the Disney fiend) and 3 of her friends that she met at Disney 3 years ago as well. Not too many, but still, lots of work! At least there will be leftovers for a day or 8 hehehe..

Nite nite ladies
Old 10-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #986
chell

Glad you are feeling a little better. Seems to be hitting everyone very hard this year. Just this week I've heard of two family members of friends here where I live with pneumonia. It's WAY too early for that.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Don't blame you one bit for cheating on the pies. YUM!

Good night and I hope you rest well.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #987
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Thanks Chell...I got into bed last night and realized I didn't ask how YOU are feeling?????? I do hope better?

This too shall pass right?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #988
chell

You are welcome. Don't worry about that. I started feeling a little better until tonight. Oh well. I hope you are feeling even better today.

Yes, it will pass.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #989
Angelrose

minnie56 I hope you start to feel better soon! This is hanging on too long. Maybe you should see your dr ?

chell I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. It is great that you have all your meals planned. Your nephews are going to be so excited to be eating with Mickey. They are lucky to have such a great aunt.

I had such a great time today at Sesame Place. Luckily I got a scooter. I couldn't have made it without one. And luckily I didn't mow anyone down. A few I wanted to, but I was being good. Jesse was so good. Not one tantrum. I rode the merry go round with Karen and Jesse. I got to ride alone with Jesse on the Flying Elmo ride. Just like Dumbo. He kept pushing the button to go higher. (Just like his dad did to me at that age) We saw the Elmo show which was really cute. We did a few more rides. Before we knew it the day was over. Karen drove home and Chuck, Jesse and I dozed off. I kept waking up but the were OUT. We got home around 5. We watched tv for an hour and then I had to go home. I didn't want to drive home in the dark as tired as I was.

Ron would have loved this day. Seeing Jesse so happy and having fun. I hope he is watching all of us.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #990
chell

Thank you Angelrose. I love to spoil my boys. We had dinner with them and as we were leaving the youngest yelled for me to come back in the house as he ran down the steps. He wanted to give me one more hug and kiss. Those are the things that make it all worth it. It is going to suck when they grow out of this. I printed off our schedule and showed him where he has breakfast with Pluto & Mickey. He was thrilled. I didn't show him where he had 2 other meals with Mickey planned.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I'm glad you all had such a wonderful time together. Don't worry about Ron seeing all of you because he is. I hope you had good weather today.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: