Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #961
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Hello Christine..

I thought I was feeling better this morning but as the day has worn on I have slid downhill again...Seems to really be dragging on but tomorrow is another day!!

Oh we need a picture of little Sophia too I think! I love babies..I am not sure mine will ever give me a grandbaby! Lots of time I suppose but they aren't keen yet.

Yes, you are right..bless that lady too. Who knows what turns in life have made people the way they are.
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #962
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

minnie56 I'm so sorry you're not feeling better yet. Sending prayers your way.

Yes we do need pictures of little Sophia. I love that name.
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #963
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Angelrose, never too many pictures of grand-babies!!!

Minnie56, I am so sorry you are not feeling much better today. So many seem to have this virus that just drags us down went through our house too....still here!

Oh, not to worry - I thought I'd never be a grandmother...finally at age 60 (well, 2 mos before my 61st birthday). So, never give up...and I can promise it is worth the wait!!

And, of course, since you asked....
Sophia on her first birthday, September 2nd:

And...on a day trip to Southern Pines, NC in May, I think:

One of my favorites from last February - her angel kiss is getting smaller and lighter each month.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 10-06-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #964
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Oh my goodness WHAT a CUTIE PIE! Now we just have to get Jesse and Sophia together in about 20 years or so.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #965
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Aw, you're so sweet! Yes, 20 yrs sounds just about right...we'll get them off to the same college!

I love the name Sophia too - but when Mia chose her name, Sophia Maria, she had no idea it was "trendy" right now. She has never been into trendy things, so she had no way of knowing...soo, poor Sophia may well have a few in every class...although she will likely attend Catholic Schools, so maybe there will be fewer Sophias there. Oh, it does not show up in these pics, but she has the darkest blue eyes...my father had light blue eyes, but we do not know of any immediate family with dark blue! Too bad old photos do not show up eye color better - we all want to know where this mostly Italian/Greek baby (with some German/Irish/Scottish) got those eyes!

I love the name Jesse - so cute, but masculine as well. Perfect!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 10-07-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: typos and more typos
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #966
sunnyday123
Someone hand me my drool towel
I think my eyes were crossed for a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Thank you for your prayers nenichkareed.

Christine, I'm sorry about that. I had a brainectomy the other day. I know it's you who I'm going to meet at Disney and I can hardly wait. We will definitely have to nail down a time, day and place.

I hope you all don't mind all the pictures of Jesse I post. But I can't help it. He has such a great smile and laugh. (another proud grandmom moment)
How could anyone mind seeing a wonderful picture like that? Everyone should be that happy, all the time!!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #967
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Oh Anglerose there are people like that everywhere. My very own mother is one of them. When I had pneumonia last winter I didn't tell her because she always ends up with something worse than you. She found out later then got "upset" with me for not telling her and made me promise to tell her when something is going on. The other day I started to tell her about this stomach issue and she cut me off to tell me how much worse hers was. I think they are oblivious.

That was an absolutely adorable picture of Jesse. And NO, we never ever get tired of pictures of him!

Thanks for asking about me Ladies. No changes for the better this week. I've actually had some rough days this week. Ugh.

Sophia is a cutie pie too! I agree that they need to get together in about 20 years.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #968
chell

Minnie56 I'm sorry to hear that you aren't better yet. I hope you are at least getting a little better each day.

Too bad there isn't a way to set your font color permanently or I would do it. It would make it easier.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #969
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Ohhhh Sophia is a little angel too...what a sweetie pie. Seems like yesterday I had two little princesses of my own just like her.. They are now 22 and 25...goodness, don't need to tell you two Grandmoms to cherish every moment do I?

I was thinking you weren't feeling so great Chell..you've been quiet. Poor you..I hope they find an answer soon for your discomfort. Just to know and begin getting it treated will lift your spirits.

I am still not there either..had a horrible night last nite. Bad headache and wonderful acid reflux and today so heavy in my sinuses..wow, this bug does not want to leave me! I am really dragging it..

Angelrose how nice that you get to meet one of 'us'!! I am sure you and Christine will have a nice get together..maybe you could do Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian? That's my favourite thing to do...

Well, I just got home from Costco and now have to find a spot for all the things I HAD to have...

Take Care ladies..
Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #970
Angelrose

girls, I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad. This is where that magic wand would come in handy. I continue to pray for all of you.

Christine, I have my schedule for my DW trip. Anytime you want we can see if there is a good time to meet.

Yesterday we had very high winds. It wasn't too bad in the morning, but right around noon time we had a few very bad gusts. When I got up from my nap, I found that two of my ceramic pots I had on the back porch and fallen off and broken into a million pieces. It broke my heart. Ron and I had picked them out. I didn't want to get them because they were so expensive. But Ron said, we'd have them forever. Yesterday was forever. It's silly to feel so bad over something like that, but I can't help it. It's like another piece of Ron has been taken from me.

This afternoon I went for my walk at Smithville and the carousel lady came over and wanted to know where Ron was. I told her and she felt so bad. She gave me a hug and told me anytime I want to talk to just come over to the carousel and we can chat. I thought that was so sweet of her. It's hard to talk about, but I'm glad so many people miss Ron.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #971
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

We had those high winds here as well Angelrose...I have a newly planted 'little' tree that I kept checking because it was bending precariously but today it is still there...whew....my friend in New York also had a lot of wind damage yesterday. It ripped the awning right off of one of her windows. Worse for me was some hanging baskets were knocked down. I am sorry that your precious pots were broken, that's so sad. But the most important parts of Ron are not in things, they are your memories safley locked away in your heart. For always and forever. Mother Nature was just up to mischief yesterday ..but the most treasured times with Ron an never be taken or broken.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #972
chell

Minnie56 have you ever used a Neti Pot? I have one but it is still in the box. I have friends who swear by them. They say they will really clean out your sinuses and make you feel SO much better. My sister uses one and loves it. It might be worth a try. How much tea are you drinking? Enough? Do you put honey in it? Did you know that honey is a natural antibiotic or something along those lines? Too bad I don't have a Passport. I'd come up there and make you some soup.

It will be nice when they get this figured out. I'm back in my pattern of not sleeping well too. That isn't helping me feel any better at all. I go through stages where I have more trouble going to sleep and staying to sleep. On top of that my dog wants to go out at odd times in the middle of the night because the squirrels are so active. She likes to sit and watch them. Last night when she wanted out I just couldn't wake up enough to let her out. Poor Larry, who is a very hard sleeper, finally got up and let her out. I could hear her, but I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. I just wanted to go back to sleep SO bad.

Oh Angelrose I'm so sorry to hear about your pots. Maybe Ron decided he wanted to have them with him. So you really will have them forever, it is just going to be a long time before you see them again.

It has to be so draining on you to have so many people coming up to you and keep asking where Ron is. I'm so sorry that you have to keep going over it with different people. You guys have really touched so many lives though.

What did you think about Minnie's idea for you and Christine to meet for the Grand Floridian tea? That sounds so lovely to me. I'd love to do it one day but I'm afraid I'd be too much of a klutz!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #973
Angelrose

minnie56 I'm glad you're little tree made it. I know Ron is always in my heart, but it just seems these little things hurt me. Always and Forever is what we always said to each other. I know when my time comes we will be together again.

Right now I have to keep my focus on the kids and Jesse. On November 14th we will be celebrating not only Jesse's 2nd birthday, but Karen's grandmoms' 81st birthday. She is a wonderful lady. She lost her husband a few years ago, so she knows how lonely it gets. So we will have a wonderful afternoon all together. Lots of food and laughs.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #974
chell

Old 10-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #975
Angelrose

chell, I would love the idea of the afternoon tea. It just depends on when we can get together. Karen has planned so many breakfast, lunches and dinners, plus we are going to do the afternoon tea ourselves. If Christine could make it on the 16th, at 2pm she could join us. Karen already made the reservations, but we could call and add one more with no problem. That would be fun.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: