Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #946
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh Chell...I am sorry you are still feeling poorly. I do hope you get some answers soon...

Indeed a big relief knowing that some nasty findings have been eliminated though. I often think we women get all the 'weird and the wonderful' stuff!
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #947
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Minnie56 I'm sorry you didn't get to go on your trip and sorry you are still feeling bad. Glad you are drinking the tea. Hope you are resting well. I know it is so difficult to get comfortable with that stuff.

Thank you. We will figure it out eventually.

I got to start making our dining reservations on Friday! I still think I need to somehow convince Angelrose to stay until I get there.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #948
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, minnie, I am so sorry.... you must really not be feeling well to decide not go to Quebec City at the airport. I do so hope you feel better soon. (It is wonderful of you to call me by my "real" name!).

I LOVE Canada - we lived in Boston forever and would drive up to Canada a couple of times of yet. Had always meant to get to Quebec City, but never made it -still a dream though as I have heard it is very European and I love European villages and small cities.

chell, oh, I was so hoping you felt a little better. We must both get well do we can go to Mama Dips this winter! Our little group does feel like family, chell.

Yes, perhaps Angelrose had a wonderful day with family...maybe she will check in later or tomorrow morning. I can hardly wait for the baby cuddling to begin and hear all about those babies.

May the angles rest on your pillows and protect you, dear friends.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #949
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chell View Post
I got to start making our dining reservations on Friday! I still think I need to somehow convince Angelrose to stay until I get there.
Og, darn!!! I am going to miss you by a few days! When do you arrive, chell? We leave Disney 15th of Dec - where are you staying this trip? I am so excited for you!!

Old 10-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #950
chell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Og, darn!!! I am going to miss you by a few days! When do you arrive, chell? We leave Disney 15th of Dec - where are you staying this trip? I am so excited for you!!
Larry & I arrive Dec. 31. My sisters and our two nephews (5 & 7) arrive on Jan. 1. Then my dad and step-mother (if they can make the trip) arrive on Jan. 2. We are all there through Jan. 9. This will be our first family vacation. I went with my dad and step-mother when I was in 9th grade over Thanksgiving. I went with my sisters two or three times before they adopted the boys. This is going to be my first trip with the boys. This is only their second time. They went for a few days right after the adoption was complete as a celebration. I hated that I couldn't go. They know how much Aunt Chell loves Disney so they are really excited to go with me. They know we have some special things planned for them that they wouldn't get to have without us. My sisters think I'm a freak. If they only knew how much some people on here liked Disney.

My dad doesn't know for certain if they are going yet because my step-mom has had some issues this year. She's been in the hospital a few times. If she goes back before our trip they are going to have to back out. I'll be sad that they can't go but I understand.

We are staying at the Swan. We got hooked on it last year. We were there the first few nights for our Honeymoon. Those beds!

Old 10-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #951
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, chell, what a wonderful trip you will have!!! I will be looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. I just love going with munchkins and miss it so much - can hardly wait for Sophia to be old enough - we will probably take her around 4 or 5, so a few yrs to wait.

I LOVE the Swan and Dolphin!! We stayed there 5 times in a row when the resorts were brand new - wonderful, both. And soo pretty during the holidays. Back then, all rooms were the same cost, not category;s other than suites - every time we had a balcony and EPCOT view. I am afraid to book there now for fear I'll never have such great views again! The cost for an EPCOT view with balcony is up there.

Anyway - we had a special rate and paid $42.50 for 3 trips and $53.50 for two...ah, those were the days! (They told us the room we were in was $325 rack rate!)

You are going to have so much fun!! Im so happy for you.

(p.s how do you get your font that color? I have been trying for ages for that color, but cannot figure a way to set it up)

Old 10-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #952
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Hello everyone. I went to the craft fair again this morning. It's a nice walk to see pretty things. This time I bought a gyro, spanicopita (spinach thingy), some baclava. I went to another booth and got some sweet potato fries with cinnamon sugar and the last thing I bought was a candy apple. LOL I had enough food for lunch and dinner. But it was good. I still have some left over for tomorrow. I spent the rest of the day enjoying some CSI episodes. The kids are busy for the next couple of weeks on the weekend so I won't be seeing them very often. I will see Karen on the 19 when she takes me to get my Mohs surgery and Chuck will pick me up when it's done.

Now our favorite parks were Magic Kingdom, Epcot and MGM. LOL Each one was special for different reasons. MK made us feel like kids again and we have CM there who have become friends. Epcot is special because it was so romantic at night. We loved to visit all the countries. I loved France and the fountain there. The perfume store was also a favorite. Sometimes we would go to the bakery and get a treat and just sit and people watch for a while. Italy was a favorite because I'm half Italian and loved the entertainment, especially at Christmas time. We loved Germany because of the beautiful delights in the Christmas store. Illuminations was the end of a perfect night. Although in the last few years it changed and we didn't like it as much as the old one. Then we would walk through the lighted arches. Sometimes we would just stop and watch the lights blink to the sound of the music. Then slowly walk out. MGM was special because of the zillion Christmas lights. Oh how we loved to walk through that. Ron would push me in the chair on our next to last night and say you just take a good long look as we leave. He would walk slowly so I could get the very last second of enjoyment. Disney was so romantic for us all the time. We were together in a magical place. We would sit on the dock of the Poly some nights and watch the electric water pageant and then Christmas Wishes. We had a perfect view and we would sit and hold hands and be happy. Then we would get our evening treat at Captain Cooks. He would get his Dole Whip and I would get a hot chocolate. I would get a few spoonfuls of his Dole Whip and he would get a half a cup of hot chocolate. Then it would be time to go to our room for a restful night's sleep. If you've read my last trip report, you'll know how wonderful it was for us.

chell, minnie56 and Minnie&Nana I hope you all start to feel better SOON! That's an order!

NC State, thank you for reading my thread. I think that's what I want everyone who reads this thread to do. Tell their loved ones, how much you love them every day. You never know when it will be snatched away from you. I am so blessed to have found such wonderful friends here on the DIS who give me their love and support. You can't know how much it means to me.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #953
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

In case you would like to read my last trip report. Here is the link

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1675550

My first trip report is here

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1307839

I will be making another trip report this year. So sorry we can't meet chell. Hoping to meet, oh dear, was it Minnie&Nana or minnie56? Well, either one I hope we can get together one day that we were are both there.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #954
chell

Yes Ma'am I will do my best to follow your orders!

I love you Angelrose even though we have never met!

Thanks for the trip report link. I'll have to read it later though. I need to head to bed soon and I know if I get started reading now I won't get to bed on time.

We will meet eventually. The other day I was looking at more of Rob Thomas' concert dates and saw that he is going to be in Atlantic City. I told Larry we could go to that one so I could come meet you. hehe The show was sold out though. During one of his breaks from school next year we will have to plan a trip up your way.

It sounds like you had a great day. All kinds of great food was at that craft fair! YUM! I remembered you saying they would be real busy but I was hoping you got to go visit today.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #955
chell

To get color on your posts look at the letter A above where you type all of this. Click on the down arrow just beside of it after you highlight all of your text. Then click on the color you want your text to be. It will put the code at the beginning and end of your text to change the font color. Does this make any sense?

Old 10-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #956
Angelrose

I had a strange encounter yesterday. I had just finished my walk and was in my car getting ready to drive home when I saw an older woman that Ron and I always talked to. Well, listened to her more often. She had a lot of health issues and trouble with her daughter. We would listen politely and give advice when asked. Of course we never expected her to take it. Well, I called to her and she wanted to know where Ron was. I told her that Ron had passed this summer. She just said "oh". I started to tell her how he fell off the ladder, but she interrupted me to tell me all about the many times she had fallen off ladders and other things and had gotten hurt. I never really finished telling her. Finally she said," well, you practice your religion don't you?" I said yes. She said, "then you will be alright". And off she went. I guess I drove home with my mouth open. Could she be any more self involved? After I got home and thought about it, I just started to laugh. People are different. I know she cared about Ron because she always gave him a hug and prayed for him. But it was definitely strange.

I have another picture of Jesse taken this weekend at an amusement park. Jesse loves the carousel.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #957
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Good Evening Angelrose..

Yes, some folks are indeed odd. And all too often very self absorbed...when they say "How are you" I often feel like saying "Actually, I am terrible..and you"?? I bet they wouldn't miss a beat. Your reply seldom matters in the grand scheme. Sad.

WHat a great picture of Jesse..he is a little darling!! My youngest (now 22) always loved the Carousel.

Wonder how Chell is feeling? I hope better...

minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #958
nenichkareed
Earning My Ears

Prayers

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am a nurse and sometimes the brain does miraculous things.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #959
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chell View Post
To get color on your posts look at the letter A above where you type all of this. Click on the down arrow just beside of it after you highlight all of your text. Then click on the color you want your text to be. It will put the code at the beginning and end of your text to change the font color. Does this make any sense?
Thanks, chell ~ that much I know how to do...except that my color on the DOS board rarely works for some strange reason. I know other DIS'ers with the same problem. I was hoping there was a way to make it permanent. Oh, well-thank you!

chell ~How are you feeling today?

Minnie56 ~ how are you feeling? Any better?

Angelrose ~ You have such a kind heart. It is so sad to encounter people who are so self-absorbed, but when it happens to me...and after I get over the disbelief, I wonder why have they such low self-esteem that they are incapable of empathy. Bless your heart...and bless her as well.

Jesse is just too cute! I can hardly wait until my only grand-baby, Sophia, is old enough to enjoy such things - she is 13 mos. I think we'll take her to WDW in 3 yrs or so. She still has no idea who Mickey is, but I have time for that!

Oh! It was me who will be at Disney the same time! Just think of me as Christine and maybe that will be easier to remember.

Rest well, dear friends.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #960
Angelrose

Thank you for your prayers nenichkareed.

Christine, I'm sorry about that. I had a brainectomy the other day. I know it's you who I'm going to meet at Disney and I can hardly wait. We will definitely have to nail down a time, day and place.

I hope you all don't mind all the pictures of Jesse I post. But I can't help it. He has such a great smile and laugh. (another proud grandmom moment)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: