Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #931
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Minnie56 sorry you are feeling bad. Do you always get sick when you go? I saw a thread earlier today where someone was saying they do. I didn't read it though. Every time I fly I get bronchitis. Now I just ask my doctor for some antibiotics to start a few days before a trip. It worked last time.

Hope you get plenty of rest and start feeling great soon!!!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #932
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

My Mum would say he is 'spirited' Angelrose..lol

SO GLAD to hear that your biopsy results were all good Chell!! What are they thinking of doing next to see what's up? I imagine they have looked at Gallbladder and all the obvious?

I have had tummy woes for the past year on and off....me who used to be able to wolf down anything and everything. No more..

minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #933
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

No Chell..not usually
This trip tho about 5 days in my tummy was so upset..and then when I came home it morphed to Laryngitis and now, a cold and still no voice..or very little. My hubby is delighted!

I am so weary..I really want to do nothing and I am up at 5 and off yet again..but only until Monday nite. I could happily do with just staying home!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #934
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

oh chell, I'm so glad and relieved that there is no cancer!

Yes it is hard to tell everyone about Ron. Earlier at the fest one of the shop owners at Smithville wanted to know where Ron was too. She was so shocked too. She gave me a big hug and gave me her condolences. It seems everyone would see us walking together there every day. Now it will be just me. I was talking to another woman who works for my friends at the beanie store. She lost her husband 9 years ago and still starts to talk to him. She says the hurt never goes away. I knew that from other friends. She said IT STINKS. And that just about sums it up. IT STINKS. You just have to survive one day at a time.

This week, I'm hoping to hear from the hospital about volunteering. Nothing major planned. Just housecleaning and taking walks.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #935
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

ugh - I think this "first year" must be the roughest, ya think? I remember the year after my Dad passed away, every holiday seemed tough. But we all stuck together and Mom got through it. I'm so glad you're going to Disney with your family. It'll be bittersweet, no doubt.

Jesse is such a cutie. I can't wait to have "grands"!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #936
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Oh I like that minnie56. He's spirited! The way he is putting together words is amazing, too. He is way ahead of the rest of the babies his age. (Proud Grandmom speaking here) I'm not in the least prejudiced either.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #937
Angelrose

minniecarousel, it's only been three months since Ron passed. It seems like forever. I try not to think about being alone for the rest of my life. It still doesn't seem real to me. He should be here. I know I say that all the time. He loved our Halloween decorations. Maybe he is still seeing them. But his favorite time was Christmas. We had so many lights on the tree and all over the house. It is going to be very difficult. Our DW trip will be difficult too. I'm dreading telling all the CM we know about it. Seeing everything without him will be so hard. But I have the kids and Jesse to lift my spirits. I just have to dwell on that.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #938
chell

Hopefully you will hear from them very soon. I can't wait to hear about your experiences as a cuddler. You are going to love being with those babies.

Minnie56 I had my gallbladder out 4 years ago so that isn't the problem. The only time it isn't bothering me is when I've had an injection of Phenergan for my migraines and when I had the medicine for the Endo that was for nausea. Both of those kept me from being nauseated for about 4 -5 days. This last time I had missed my Allegra. Since my throat was hurting from the biopsy in it I couldn't take that large of a pill for a few days. My stomach wasn't hurting so I thought maybe it was something in this "batch" of Allegra. But when the nausea and pain started back up I started the Allegra again. It is frustrating. My family doctor says they want to rule out a few things before they move towards a diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I have Fibromyalgia and IBS is fairly common in Fibro patients. So I won't be shocked if that is the case. But I would rather they be thorough, especially since I also have an auto-immune disease. Yeah, I'm a mess over here. You Ladies didn't know what you were getting into when you let me in the door.

Sorry to go on so long about myself here. Thank you all for your concern and support though.

Minnie I wonder if you picked up a bug. At least you didn't get hit with that nasty flu. Do you drink hot tea? It always helps my throat the best. Like I said earlier I get bronchitis and with it always come laryngitis. Hot tea feels so good and really does soothe the throat. Also drink extra water to help flush out the bad stuff. Those are your orders from Dr. Chell. I only play one to friends & family, not on tv.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #939
chell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
minniecarousel, it's only been three months since Ron passed. It seems like forever. I try not to think about being alone for the rest of my life. It still doesn't seem real to me. He should be here. I know I say that all the time. He loved our Halloween decorations. Maybe he is still seeing them. But his favorite time was Christmas. We had so many lights on the tree and all over the house. It is going to be very difficult. Our DW trip will be difficult too. I'm dreading telling all the CM we know about it. Seeing everything without him will be so hard. But I have the kids and Jesse to lift my spirits. I just have to dwell on that.
He is seeing them. The trip will be difficult but you know he wants you to go and have a good time. He is always with you, looking over you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. When you go to Disney I'll say some extra prayers for you so that you can get through it without much difficulty and so that you can make some great new memories and so that you can have some good times and have a good time recalling the good memories you and Ron made there.

I don't think I ever asked you this before. What was your favorite park to visit as a couple? Favorite restaurant? Favorite ride? I really do love to hear you talk about your experiences. If you don't mind. If you don't feel like it now save it until you do. But I really do love to hear about you two.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #940
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, Angelrose, Jesse is sooo cute!!! Oh, I too want to hug him! What a great idea to take a formal picture each yr of him in his Halloween costume. I'm going to mention this to Mia (DD).

When I was little I did not like Halloween costumes either...my mother always dressed me as a Gypsy, but I hated it! Would not let her touch me with any make-up at all. My dad was in the Navy, they were young and no doubt money was very tight - so a Gypsy was an easy costume for my mother to put together.

I just LOVE feisty munchkins...my little 13 mo old grand daughter is definitely feisty...it was funny because I guess right after Sophia was born the midwife told my DD, "You've got a feisty one!"

Glad you were able to got to the Crafts Fair - ours are the same now too - same old stuff, not much new. Still fun to go though.

chell, wonderful news!! Hope they find what is going on soon.

I really need to find a doctor -do not have one and no insurance. Several months ago began bleeding again - 5 yrs after menopause....it has gotten worse...every day a little bit...have slight cramps and a little nausea off and on all day. We've lived here 3 yrs, but I lost my job over a yr ago, so no insurance... have only gone to Urgent Care when sick...no major medical center closer than an hour, but it's not like Boston where anyone can make an appointment and get excellent care. Please say a prayer for me, that something comes together or this passes and I feel better. Am tired all the time...but do not feel sick per se. Thank you! Sorry to go on about me...

Minnie56, aw, so sorry you are not feeling well. The same thing has been going around our house too. I've had it all week, as did Sophia - well, she had a little cough - yesterday they took her to the pediatrician and he gave her a prescription for a cough syrup, which has definitely helped. DD and SIL came down with it today.

My goodness, I have been babbling tonight! Rest well, my friends!

ETA:
Quote:
chell wrote: What was your favorite park to visit as a couple? Favorite restaurant? Favorite ride? I really do love to hear you talk about your experiences. If you don't mind. If you don't feel like it now save it until you do. But I really do love to hear about you two.
Angelrose, I would love to hear about these things too. I also so enjoy hearing stories about you and Ron....If you are up to it.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 10-03-2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: eta
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #941
chell

Christine I hope you can get in with a good doctor soon. They should work with you and give you a cash discount. Lots of doctors are doing this now. Insurance patients never pay full price, so you shouldn't either. Sorry you are having problems.

Angelrose were you going to visit family today?

Old 10-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #942
NC State
DIS Veteran

I just found this thread for the first time and haven't cried so hard in a long time. My husband didn't know what was wrong...I couldn't tell him for a while and then I told him how much I loved him.

Thank you for sharing your story (Angelrose) and thank you DIS members for helping this wonderful person during this sad time. It sounds like everyone is moving on and I'm sure Ron would want you to.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #943
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Thanks, chell. I should not have gone on so...guess I was feeling poorly last night and getting very concerned. I will make more calls in the morning. It is very different here.

How are yopu feeling, chell? A little better, I hope.

Angelrose - hope you had a lovely day with family.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #944
chell

Christine I hope you are feeling better today. Everyone feels down from time to time and it helps to let it out. I'm sure Angelrose won't mind you sharing here. She never gets upset with me for sharing and look how much I've shared here. It sort of feels like family in here. You know?

Sadly I'm not feeling any better. But a weight is lifted off knowing that two things are marked off the list. Last Tuesday one of my favorite singers, Rob Thomas, was in Charlotte and we went to the concert. Concerts don't mix well with nausea and stomach pain. But it was great to go see the concert and some friends anyway. Every beat was so strong in my stomach and that wasn't something I thought about beforehand.

I hope Angelrose is off enjoying the day with the family.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #945
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Hello all..

Well, I was feeling so poorly today..even made it to the airport with another girl going to Quebec City and bailed. Thought what am I doing? I feel lousy..soo came home and have been doing nothing but curl up by the fire and watch TV all day it seems. Too bad..I was looking forward to going but I am sure I would not have kept up with what the other ladies wanted to do at all.

Oh Christine, hope it's ok to call you that too? Please, do take Dr Chells advice and see a Dr. Your health is worth everything tho so easy for me to say from Canada. Hopefully just something simple causing your issues but needs looking at for sure.

Totally agree NC State, I think Angelrose and the passing of her beloved Ron has made us all realize the fragility of life and I think we have all somehow shared this journey somewhat with her...the Dis can be such an incredible place for comfort and friendship. Nice to know we can meet others that perhaps in one way or another can relate to our pain and of course share some joys hopefully here and there too!

Angelrose..of course Ron can see the decorations! He is watching all the while..and thinking how well you are doing though I know your heart is aching..only 3 months. Such early days..I hope that the Hospital can use your wonderful help soon! It will be perfect for you to share some of that heart with others.

Chell..I do like hot tea and have been drinking lots. Hope this runs it's course soon..

It's not Gallbladder then..I had mine out about 6 years ago as well..tummy issues can be tough to pin down. Hope you feel all better soon...

Well, time for some soup. I made a big pot yesterday thinking I wouldn't be home today and here I am..

See you later..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: