Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #886
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

So glad to hear that your walk ended on such a good note! I've been worried about how you would feel when you started your walks.

Karen really is a gem. She is blessed to have such an amazing mother-in-law and you are blessed to have such a wonderful daughter-in-law.

The visit with my doctor went well for my arm this morning. She went into great detail telling me why it is NOT a clot at all, not even in the soft tissues. It is tendinitis. She explained how and why. She did movements and worked my arm and fingers, especially my thumb, certain ways and asked about the pain I was feeling with the movements. The urgent care doctor didn't do this even though I told her I was afraid it was tendinitis because I have had it several times. Also, I had been on an antibiotic that makes you more susceptible to it. See, I do know a thing or two after all!!! Maybe my dad was right the other night when he said I should have been a doctor. He said that when we were talking about his wife. I told him what I think would be best for his wife and it isn't the treatment she is currently getting. He agrees with me. Anyway, my Rheumy will probably want to give me a shot tomorrow. But maybe not if the swelling goes down even more by morning. It wasn't as swollen today.

The reason I was going to the doctor is because I've had some stomach pain and nausea for 3 months now. I went to her a few weeks ago or maybe a month now and she gave me Nexium to help. Well sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. So she is sending me to a Gastro. They are going to shove a light down my throat. I really don't know a thing about it except that. I'm supposed to have this done by the end of next week.

The week after next I was supposed to go to 2 concerts 2 nights in a row, but with all of these appointments and feeling so bad I've had to back out of one. I'm sad about it too because it is one of my FAVORITE artists. But I need to rest and not push myself, especially not right now.

So I sure hope the rest of you are feeling much, much better than I am right now. Thankfully I'm not feeling too bad right now, but I'm not to my "normal" either. But I am very happy I don't have a blood clot!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #887
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

chell I hope you start feeling better soon!

I had a good day today. I got an early start and got the ropes and bungee cords of the tarp that is my privacy screen for the pool. I just needed Chuck to help get it off and fold it up for the winter. He put up my Halloween flags and did some weedwacking. While he was putting up the flags on the front porch he noticed a HUMONGUS paper wasp nest on the roof on the front porch. Luckily the bug man is coming and I'll ask him to take it down. It wasn't active this morning, either because it was chilly or it's the end of the summer. In any case I will be glad to see it gone. After that we sat and talked for a few minutes. He had to leave soon because he had his own yard work to do. I'll be there tomorrow afternoon and we'll talk about our trip to DW. Karen and I already know what we're going to eat at two of the restaurants. LOL
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #888
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Angelrose - it's so funny...er...coincidental, that you mention holding babies at a hospital. My older sister is thinking of retiring & our other sister is a preemie nurse (she's actually the Health Educator for the nurses - she certifies them for different procedures, etc). Anyway, SisNurse told RetiringSis that they're always looking for people to hold the babies. She says she'll probably do that when she really retires (She's been telling us for months that she's going to retire!)

Sounds like your weather is getting pleasant for walking.

Have a terrific Sunday!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #889
chell

Thanks Angelrose. I hope you are having a great day with the family today.

It has been exciting to start seeing different colors setting in on the trees around here. Fall is my FAVORITE season. It always has been. There is just something about the crisp air, the beautiful leaves and especially the pumpkins. We went to Sam's Club yesterday and they had good sized pumpkins for sale for about $9. It was all I could do to not buy any. I'm trying not to spend any extra money though so I can save it for our Disney trip. I want to spoil the nephews.

Speaking of the Disney trip here are the extras I want to do with the nephews: a haircut at the MK barbershop, hot air balloon ride at DTD, pirates makeover at the MK (of course on a different day as the haircut), each nephew gets a $50 gift card to spend on what they want, pick a pearl in Epcot, Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream on their day of arrival, an autograph book with pen and if they still have it then the Wishes Dessert party. I'm going to be B-R-O-K-E!!! But we will have some special memories and loads of fun! Ooh, one morning we are taking them to Ohana for breakfast then taking them to the MK. This will be the barber shop morning. This is also a treat for my sisters because they get to sleep in this morning.

Another treat is that I want to get the Steam Train tour for my dad & step-mom. That is if they get to go. My step-mother is in the hospital right now, hopefully she will come home tomorrow. My dad told me last week that if she has another spell before the trip they won't be going. I've worried all along that they wouldn't be going because of her issues.

Julie I hope she doesn't hold off on retiring like my dad. He said for about 5 or 6 years he was retiring. He finally did it this year. He is so glad he did though. He is really enjoying himself. I'm glad that he is so happy.

Sorry I've been "talking" so much Ladies. Oops.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #890
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Well, I am pooped! I went over to the kids around 2. Jesse was still napping, so we had a chance to talk about our trip plans and got the final times for our meals worked out. Then Jesse woke up. He had two shots at the pediatrician on Friday so he wasn't in the best of moods. He didn't seem to know what he wanted. I think he just wanted to be cuddled by mommy and daddy. We took him outside to play on his swing set for about a half hour and then we watched Toy Story on tv. He started to warm up to me by then. Chuck grilled some chicken breasts and some corn on the cob and Karen made some roasted potatoes. Everything turned out really yummy. After dinner Jesse came over to sit on the couch with grandmom and we had a good time. We even played cars again. He was getting sleepy so Chuck took him up for his bath and then Karen went up to brush his teeth and get him into his jammies. I could hear him saying grandmom, grandmom. So they took him downstairs to give me a hug goodnight. He didn't want to go to bed, but Chuck took him upstairs and he fell asleep within two minutes. It was getting late so I said my goodbys and came home. I love seeing them all but I always know when it's time to come home. LOL
Old 09-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #891
chell

Glad you had a good time with the family.

Tomorrow morning I for my endoscopy. I took the day off from work because afterwards I want to come home and be lazy.

Larry is doing homework right now and I want him to hurry up because I want to watch House. We recorded it last night but haven't watched it yet. I've heard it was really, really good.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #892
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

AngelRose, what a nice day! So glad you have such wonderful family nearby.

chell - bless your heart. I was trying to remember when this test was scheduled. Tomorrow morning will light a candle and hold you very near in heart and prayer..and sending loads of pixie dust that the procedure will be painless.

Glad you took the day off - will hubby go with you?

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #893
Angelrose

chell, sending pixie dust, good thoughts and huggies your way for tomorrow.

Today I took the car to the garage for the oil change. I was done in 45 minutes for $35. Not bad at all. But, then he told me I was overdue for the 100,000 mile check up. I hate to see what that bill will be like.

I called three of my neighbors and asked if I could use their names for references tomorrow when I go to the hospital to volunteer. They all said yes. One neighbor's kids are now in school all day and she doesn't know what to do with herself. She told me to call her back after I've done it to see if I like it and maybe she will join me. That would be nice. But now that I have no more excuses, I don't want to go. I'm scared. What if they don't want me for some reason? I don't want to leave the house. I like my old boring way of life. I hate going out to meet new people and new situations. Oh I know I have to do it. What if I can't find my way to the place? I know where the hospital is but getting to the right place IN the hospital is going to be a challenge. I get lost in a closet. Oh I'm just being a nervous Nelly. Right? Everything will turn out alright?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #894
chell

Thank you Christine. Larry is taking me but my dad and step-mother are meeting us there. Larry has to be at school at 8. Since the state is paying for his school he is trying not to miss any days. They are pretty strict about them missing days. So my dad said he would bring me home and make sure I was okay. My dad just retired in June. When I called him yesterday to ask if he would mind taking me he said he should, especially since he is retired. We didn't get to spend a lot of time together when I was growing up after he & my mom divorced. During my first marriage I wasn't too close to him because the ex didn't like me being close to anyone really. So now my dad sees that I really am trying and I really am happy and all. I think he is finally happy with who I am and where I am in life. I think he respects me too. We've always had an odd relationship. But I know he loves me and he knows I love him. Anyway, he wants to be there. I told him he didn't have to be there when I arrived at 6:30 but he said he would be there so he can see me before I go back. I thought that was real sweet.

I wish Larry could be there when I come out of the procedure but I know how important school is. And I know how important it is for us to keep this funding! I'll call him as soon as I can. My dad will call him with updates.

I'm scared. But I'm praying everything will be okay.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #895
chell

Thank you Angelrose!

I bet it would be fun if your neighbor would join you. Then you could even ride together.

When you say you don't want to go what exactly does that mean? Does that mean you don't want to leave the house? Does that mean you don't want to be there with the babies? Does it mean something else?

You don't really hate meeting new people. You have done just fine with all of us! I know it is scary. I'm a shy person too. But you are such a wonderful & amazing woman with so much to offer. There is no need for you to keep it all bottled up in your house. Just think of how much you will enrich the lives of those babies. Think how much they need that extra human touch! It will make such a difference in their lives. Sadly for some of them it will be the most love they will ever get. For all of them you are starting them off on the right journey. I'm certain you will say a special prayer for each and every one of them too.

If you are worried about finding your way to where you need to be in the hospital ask one of the other volunteers if they will walk you to where you need to be. I'm sure they won't mind.

Yes, it is going to be okay. I'll be praying for you to have a peace about it.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #896
Angelrose

Oh I do want to be there with the babies. I find it hard to leave the house for something new. It took a lot for me to go to the garage! But thanks for the encouragement. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow too.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #897
kacaju
DIS Veteran

you will be fine tomorrow!! I volunteer with my dogs for pet therapy. I still get lost in the hospital (really big hospital) I just stop and ask and joke about being lost. All the staff and other volunteers are so helpful and will say they got lost for a long time too when they started!!

Good Luck, I really enjoy it!!
kacaju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #898
chell

When you start getting nervous or having second thoughts just think of the babies, focus on the babies. That's what I have to do when I am feeling bad and don't want to leave the house and have to push myself to go somewhere. I think of the one positive and keep reminding myself of it over and over.

I can't wait to hear all about your first day with the babies!!! I'll have something to look forward to after my non-thrilling day.

Thank you.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #899
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chell View Post
Thank you Angelrose!

I bet it would be fun if your neighbor would join you. Then you could even ride together.

When you say you don't want to go what exactly does that mean? Does that mean you don't want to leave the house? Does that mean you don't want to be there with the babies? Does it mean something else?

You don't really hate meeting new people. You have done just fine with all of us! I know it is scary. I'm a shy person too. But you are such a wonderful & amazing woman with so much to offer. There is no need for you to keep it all bottled up in your house. Just think of how much you will enrich the lives of those babies. Think how much they need that extra human touch! It will make such a difference in their lives. Sadly for some of them it will be the most love they will ever get. For all of them you are starting them off on the right journey. I'm certain you will say a special prayer for each and every one of them too.

If you are worried about finding your way to where you need to be in the hospital ask one of the other volunteers if they will walk you to where you need to be. I'm sure they won't mind.

Yes, it is going to be okay. I'll be praying for you to have a peace about it.

Angelrose, chell really said just about exactly what I was going to write. I am shy too and it's very hard for me to meet new people -especially in a situation like volunteering in a nursery...but...I think you would love it..it's not always easy b/c the babies are sick, but you would feel you'd really made a loving contribution...a blessing on both sides!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #900
Angelrose

That's a good idea chell. I'll just think about helping those wee ones.

Kacaju, thank you for the support. That's wonderful that you volunteer with your dogs.

Thanks Minnie&Nana. What would I do without all my friends here?

I wasn't expecting to be able to hold the babies tomorrow. I think they would want to do a background check on me first to make sure I'm not an ax murderer or something. But it would be a plus if I was able.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: