Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #871
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

I never remember hitting myself either. I used to tell Ron that he must beat me when I'm asleep because of all the unexplained bruises I have. He used to laugh and say he wouldn't dare. I didn't need anyone else to bruise me since I do such a good job of it myself.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #872
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, chell!! I am so sorry I haven't checked in today....oh, please try not to worry...I agree with Minnie that if they even suspected something serious or dangerous they would not have waited until tomorrow for the ultrasound, but sent you to the ER.

I have you tucked away in heart and prayer and will be holding you very near tomorrow. Do let us know when you have time. We'll be thinking of youm sending loads of positive thoughts, love and prayer, dear friend.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #873
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Aww. You bruise that easy? Sometimes I do. Sometimes I bruise just from Galaxy walking on me. This is weird because there was no bruise at all.

I'm going to bed now. Night!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #874
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

I bruise very easily too....several years ago the doctors did all kinds of special blood work to try to find the reason - low platelets, but not anything dangerous.

How is Auggie doing tonight, chell? A little better?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #875
smschex
Mouseketeer

Chell, is the lump soft and "squishy"? When you were describing it the first thing I thought of was an abscess. There is some nasty staph floating around these days! As someone else mentioned if the physicians that saw you thought it was a clot with risk of "breaking", you would be on heparin, so take some comfort in that.

I hope the ultrasound goes well. We will be praying.

smschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #876
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

chell, you've been in my thoughts and prayer all day, Just wanted to stop by to send (((Hugs))). Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #877
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

How is everyone today?
Chell, any news? Hopefully GOOD!!!
How's Auggie?

Angelrose, hope it was a good day for you too!!!

Hugs all round...
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #878
chell

Hey everyone! Thank you all so very much for the support, it means so much to me. I can't tell you how scared I've been the past 24 hours. Thankfully the ultrasound showed that there were no clots in any major arteries or veins. They still think it is a blood clot, but just not in anything that could kill me. I just don't understand how one this huge could just come up on my arm like this. The muscle started out as being sore first from near the bone then worked it's way out. Luckily I do see my family doctor tomorrow then my Rheumatologist Friday. So it really couldn't have happened at a "better" time.

The doctors last night were ready to get out and go home. Everyone at work thinks I should have been sent for the ultrasound last night. My family doctor wouldn't have done that no matter the time. She is very thorough, as is my Rheumatologist. While in the waiting room last night I told Larry that if it was tendinitis I was NOT letting them give me a steroid injection that only Dr. W (the Rheumy) could do that because he does it daily and they don't. He is a pro at it and doesn't hurt me. I'm still going to have them look at it to make sure it isn't something more, especially with my history. I know with Fibromyalgia and some autoimmune disorders you can have odd things happen. I just want to be thorough.

Now I worry that if it really is a clot I have to come off of my birth control pills. That won't be good. I take them to regulate my cycle. I have maybe one period a year without them and have terrible pain all year because of being so irregular. Ugh. But the most important thing is to be healthy and alive.

Thanks for asking about Auggie too. She is doing fine. She seems to be eating her food well too thankfully. She's been snuggling with me at night.

Again, thank you all so much! I didn't mean to worry you. But I was so scared.

I hope everyone had a great day today!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #879
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

I'm glad it wasn't a clot chell. But glad you are going to your rheumatologist on Friday.

Well, I was mistaken about the surgery. Today was just a follow up. She did freeze off one thing on my chest that the cream didn't touch. I also asked her to cut off two skin tags on my neck that were bothering me. My insurance wouldn't cover it because it was cosmetic and not health related. $25 a piece to cut them off. But it was worth it. So the date for my surgery will be October 19 at 9am. Either Chuck or Karen will have to take me and just drop me off. It takes between 4 and 8 hours. They do the surgery and then they check to see if they got it all. If not, back you go for more scooping. Joan was called back twice to get all of hers. So I will have to bring my lunch and a book.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #880
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Thank goodness Chell that it isn't a clot. That's a huge relief. So no more worrying!!! Rest easy tonite...and it's a good thing you are following up with your other Dr's too. Can never have too many opinions!
Glad that Auggie is doing well...amazing how they bounce back, better than us humans most of the time!

Good luck with your surgery as well Angelrose..hope it also goes smoothly for you. Seems we ladies get our fair share of woes don't we? I've had some of those tags removed as well..they are so annoying I can't stand them. I tell my Dermatologist that I feel like an old ship getting barnacles

Keep well!!

minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #881
chell

Thank you AngelRose. I hope the stuff today was pain-free.

Any special plans for this weekend?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #882
chell

Thank you too Minnie56. The urgent care doctors still think it is a clot, but that it isn't in a vein or artery. I don't know though. I think I would have at least had a bruise. Anyway, I'll feel better after my other doctors look at it.

I really only like that urgent care office for my migraine IVs. For some reason my migraines can't come at a convenient time when my family doctor is open. Or they can't be considerate enough to not even come at all.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #883
Angelrose

Yes everything was pain free today. Next time I go, I won't be so lucky I think.

Sunday I'm going to the kids for the day. YIPPEE I get to play with my grandson again.

Nothing else planned though. I will probably wash the kitchen floor on Saturday. It is in dire need. Then I will just veg and watch movies on tv.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #884
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Thinking of you all today... Angelrose, glad today was not painful...and chell, thank goodness it was not a clot, but I am also glad you'll be seeing your own doc tomorrow. Sounds like Auggie is feeling better.

Trying to keep baby Sophia from helping herself to the computer keys, so must be quick.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #885
Angelrose

Hello my friends. I had a good day today. I went out this morning and picked up my prescription and got gas. hmmmmmm that doesn't sound right. I got gas in the CAR. It was a cloudy day and breezy and cool. I was so happy to feel that cool breeze. This afternoon I went on my first walk at Smithville without my Ron. I stopped in my beanie store and chatted with the husband. His wife was baby sitting and wasn't in. We had a nice talk and he gave me some good advice about living the rest of my life. His sister lost her whole family with a drunk driver and it was right in front of her home. Then the next year she lost her husband. The only thing that kept her sane was throwing herself into causes. First it was MADD and another organization. After a few years of that she went into politics. She had to keep busy. I told Ed that I was going to volunteer at the hospital for newborns. Sort of being a grandmom to them. He said that will be as good for me ans it is for them. So I left there feeling a bit better and finished my walk.

Karen asked me if I wanted to come to dinner on October 1 with her grandmom, aunt and cousin at a somewhat fancy restaurant. I said I would love to. Now I just have to find something nice to wear. Isn't she a sweetheart to include me?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: