Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #856
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

You were right he wasn't scary at all in that picture. It is a very cute picture.

Thank you for the well wishes.

Wow Christine that is a lot of money. Sorry to hear about you being out of work. I hope you can find something soon, especially since your unemployment ran out.

It's so exciting that the two of you will be able to meet up at WDW!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #857
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Well, we will just have to pick a time, day and place to meet! That is all there is to it.

Would love to!! When our trips get closer we can exchange cell phone numbers - if you use one - and will find a time to get together.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2009, 06:14 AM   #858
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Hello again all..

Nice to see lots of chat around here!
What a great picture of Ron Angelrose, we used to get dressed up for Halloween all the time too! It was a riot..One year we were Miss Piggy and Kermit. Hubby made me a 'snout' out of putty which was most authentic. The only thing was as the evening got very warm it began to soften and spread!!

Glad that you at least got some of the water drained from your Pool cover..pools can be a lot of work indeed.
Wouldn't that be GREAT if you and Minnie&Nana could meet up at WDW? Such nice friends you have made.

Chell sorry to hear about your furbabies and DH feeling poorly. I hope they all get better soon!! I have had so many pets over the years and am down to 2 kitties now...they mean the world to me.One of my kitties is only 8 and about 2 years ago she had to have more than half of her teeth removed. She has a congenital gum disease and they were just rotting away..poor baby. She's a little fatty so obviously she still has NO problem eating!

Goodness Christine..that is a tidy sum for your gold! It's amazing how pricey it is at the moment isn't it? Good for you turning something that you don't use into money!

Well-the day is beginning..and I need my morning java-jolt!

See you again!
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #859
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

chell ~ I am so sorry! I completely forgot to send my prayers for your fubabies and hubby. Special hugs to you & Auggie. Are you feeling better today? Hope you are able to drink lots of fluid now.

Will be holding Auggie near and heart and prayer tomorrow.

Got so caught up in my windfall and trip - how self-centered is that??

Please take gentle care, chell.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #860
chell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
chell ~ I am so sorry! I completely forgot to send my prayers for your fubabies and hubby. Special hugs to you & Auggie. Are you feeling better today? Hope you are able to drink lots of fluid now.

Will be holding Auggie near and heart and prayer tomorrow.

Got so caught up in my windfall and trip - how self-centered is that??

Please take gentle care, chell.
You weren't self-centered at all! If you are like me you think of so much you want to say but by the time the page finally loads you forget half of it.

Thank you for the kind words. Thank you too Minnie56.

Worrying about Auggie for tomorrow hasn't helped my stomach condition. I've stopped taking my Vitamin E pill thinking that was the only new addition to my meds recently. I have the strangest reactions to stuff that anyone else would never have. Before when I took Vitamin E I didn't have any problems. This time I stopped taking it to see if I start feeling any better. No changes for me yet. But thankfully for Auggie the swelling has started coming down with the antibiotics. I have to be careful around her antibiotics because it is one of the ones I'm deathly allergic to.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Angelrose I hope you have found something fun to do today since you can't go over to Chuck & Karen's.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #861
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Today was Grandparents Day. THe kids called me around 11 and asked if they could come around to see me this afternoon. Geeeee, let me think about that. Of course! Jesse started saying grandmom ad soon as they drove in the driveway. He knows this house. I had put on all the Halloween lights and took him by the hand to show him. He loved them and went WOW. Then we took him into the big living room and I put all those lights on for me. He picked up the dalmation beanie and buddy I have sat himself down on the couch with Mickey and Minnie. He was covered in plushies. He spied my light wand on the table and asked if he could play with it. He loves it. I got it on one of those light carts a few years ago. It has three different modes. One all the lights go on and off another one they go on and off at different times and the other one they pulse. I also gave him the Mickey fiber optic light that you swish around and he loved that too. He gave me a cute grandparents day card and "signed" his name. I have a ghostie that when you press his hand, he laughs and his feet light up and go up and down. He just LOVED that. He would press the button and then laugh with the ghostie. I gave it to him but he forgot to take it with him. They were getting ready to go and Karen looked at me and said come on with us to BJ's. Don't have to twist my arm. Another hour or two with my favorite people. Since it was around 4:30, Karen said lets go to dinner first. She wanted to go to Olive Garden. Chuck said that he had talked to me before and I said I wanted to go to Taco Bell. Karen didn't buy that one. I said well, I was thinking about Red Robin. Chuck said he could go for a burger. But Karen said she had just eaten there. Chuck said since it was Grandparents day they should do what I wanted. So being a mean mommie, I said I had changed my mind and wanted to go to Olive Garden. heh heh heh Karen said being my daughter was really great. Chuck said being her son, not so much. We did have a great dinner. I got the garlic chicken with broccoli. I have enough left over for two meals. Jesse ate three big ravioli all by himself. Well, with a little help from mom. But he does very well with the fork. Karen and I split the pumpkin cheesecake. OMG That is soooooo yummy. Chuck had a chocolate lava cake. We all were stuffed. Then we went to BJ's and got a few things. By that time I was pooped. They dropped me off at home around 6:30. So I had a great day.

Karen gave me the schedule with all our dining plans and where we'll be on which day. Things are really moving along. The only thing left is to rent my scooter and make sure I get a fridge in my room.

Minnie&Nana, I don't have a cell phone, but the kids do. So when it gets closer I will give you the number.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #862
chell

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day and got to see them after all. Sounds like you all have so much fun together! That is so sweet to hear.

That pumpkin cheesecake is awesome! My friend Karen & I like to go share it. I shouldn't eat it but I eat just a little and let her have most of it. Boy is it good!

Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #863
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh Angelrose..sounds like such a nice day. That's lovely to hear...You are moving along nicely with the dining plans as well. Planning is half the fun I think.

Will be thinking of Auggie Chell..he'll be okay..keep us posted. Poor baby..we forget they can get all the same teeth issues we can! I have good intentions to clean my kitties teeth..but alas--I do not either.

Wishing you all a good Monday tomorrow
Old 09-14-2009, 05:32 AM   #864
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

I just found this thread now and it's one of the sadest thing I ever read.. But I am SO glad you're doing so well!! I'm sure he's incredibly proud of you! I love the quilt by the way and hope you'll have a very magical time in WDW Oh and sorry about all the smileys OOPS!!
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip!
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip

MAR 2014 - DLP - HOTEL CHEYENNE - 5 DAYS - BIRTHDAY TRIP!
Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #865
chell

Thank you Ladies for the well wishes and thoughts for Auggie. She is back home safe and sound now. I think it was more of a rough day for me than her. But she did get 2 teeth removed. The same upper molar on both sides had to be removed because the other one was also broken at the root. My poor baby. She is still pretty drugged up now so she is resting. I really do appreciate the support.

Hope everyone had a great day today.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #866
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thank you Fantasmiss. I am trying to cope with everyday life. I don't cry quite as often. But when I do I can't seem to stop. Ron was such a big part of my life that it is so hard without him by my side. I hope he is proud of me.

chell, I'm so glad that Auggie doggie is back home safe and sound. Poor baby. Now you have to relax.

Today was a beautiful day. I just puttered around doing things like a load of wash and diving up the cheese and chicken breast that I bought at BJ's and putting them in the freezer.

I talked to Karen about the idea of volunteering at the local hospital to hold the newborns. She said she thought it was a good idea too and will show me where to go. So next week I guess I will make the giant leap out of my home and see what I can do. I find it very easy to become a hermit. But to stay healthy I really need to get out. Next week the weather should be cooler and I can get out for my walks again. I will enjoy that.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #867
chell

The volunteer opportunity sounds wonderful!

Ladies I need to ask for some prayers and hope you don't mind me asking here. Last week my arm, just above my wrist, started hurting and it felt like something was wrong with the muscle. It has hurt to use my left arm for two weeks now. Last week there was a small red spot on the inside of my arm just above my watch. Well yesterday the red spot was larger and there was some swelling in my wrist and arm as well as a small knot behind the red spot. The knot was about the size of a lima bean. Today the size of the knot is about a fifty cent piece. Because of the pain and additional swelling Larry drug me kicking and screaming (almost!) to the Urgent Care center after work.

Sorry, I'm really trying to keep this short. I do have issues with bursitis & tendinitis often so I thought it was something like that. Anyway I don't remember hitting it on anything and there is no bruising of the skin. But the doctors at the Urgent Care seem to think it is a huge bruise. They think the knot is a huge blood clot. Two doctors actually looked at it. They think I may have some clotting in a deep vein or artery (I can't remember which now). So tomorrow morning I have to go for an ultrasound of the area. If there is clotting in the vein or artery I have to start on a blood thinner.

I'm scared. What if there is a clot in the vein or artery and it breaks off? I want to go cry now but won't because Larry will get upset. I keep telling him how much I love him just in case.

Mary I hope I'm not being insensitive asking for prayers for this in your thread. You are such a wonderful friend and I feel like I could share this with you all here without you getting upset with me or feeling like it was inappropriate.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #868
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh Chell...BIG hugs to you and a special prayer being said right now PLEASE try not to worry...I am sure it is treatable whatever it is and if it were something sinister they would not have sent you home but to the Hospital right away. Sometimes these medical people don't always realize that the words they use can instill such fear into us 'mortals' but they seem to always jump to 'worst case scenario' don't they? You will be okay...get a good nights sleep and I bet tomorrow morning brings you peace of mind!!!! I am keeping you in thought and please, keep us posted how you make out?

I had a lump on my arm once that they said 'felt like a tumour'..it was a Lipoma. Benign and basically FAT! All I heard was that awful T word!! More gray hairs and not much else!

This too shall pass...
Old 09-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #869
Angelrose

Oh my goodness chell! Of course you have my prayers for you. Have you tried putting ice on it? That would stop the clot from moving around I think. Now don't worry yourself sick over this. I had a blood clot on my thigh that was all the way around. It happened when we were skating. We were posed to start a dance. Some idiot was skating backwards without looking where he was going and smashed right into my back. I fell on my skate wheel. I got up quickly and said I was fine because I saw murder in Ron's eyes. By the next morning the bruise was half way around. I went to the doctor the next day and you know what he said?? WOW, that's some bruise you have there. LOL NO, really?? I have to pay you $35 for that astounding diagnosis? But he told me to put ice on it. It was in a deep view too. Eventually it did go away. So don't worry there, my friend.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #870
chell

Thank you Ladies! Y'all are so sweet. The thing is that I don't recall hitting it at all. And to have this nasty of a knot it would have been one nasty impact.

Anyway, I'm trying to relax.

I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: