Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #841
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Sorry you had to be mosquito food. I'm always their main course. Or am I dessert and they just love dessert? Maybe that's it. If there is one in a room of 500 people the dang thing will find me.

That was sweet of your neighbor you talk with you and want to know how to pray for you. It was nice that he respected you enough that he didn't want to come inside and be alone in the house with you.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #842
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

It's funny about quilts. Karen's mom was a prize winning quilt maker. She made some gorgeous ones. She even made a picture one for her mom, Karen's grandmom. It has grandmoms wedding picture and all her children and grandchildren. Sadly Karen's mom died too young right before the kids got married. The first Christmas Karen gave me an angel that her mom had quilted. It's beautiful and has pink roses on it, my favorite. It's like she had me in mind when she made it. I so wish we could have met.

Ron and I met at the local electric company. I was a secretary there. We met when he was at my girlfriends office. We always talked whenever he was in there. I thought he was gorgeous! Tall and handsome with blond hair and blue eyes. One day the company sponsored a bike ride on the boardwalk in Atlantic City, followed by a breakfast at a boardwalk restaurant. Now I don't know how I got up the nerve, but I asked him if he would go bike riding with me. He said yes if I would go roller skating with him. I said yes, if you'll go bowling with me after that! LOL We had a very fun first date. After that he asked me to a movie. I knew he was seeing other women at the time. He was dating a professor at the local college too. One day he said he had broken a date with her to be with me. After that we were dating all the time. I never forget how he proposed. We were at the skating rink and he asked me to be his forever. Of course I said yes. I had kept the fact that he was divorced from my family. We were strict Italian Catholics and marrying a divorced man was definitely against the rules. One of the women at work told my aunts who told my mom. Oh my there was a big bruhaha. I told them he was the man I was going to marry. So the big wedding being planned never came about. We were married in front of a justice of the peace on July 26, 1965. My mom came dressed in navy blue (didn't have black??) and my dad came too. As soon as our vows were said, I turned to look at my mom and she was already down the hall. I never knew she could move that fast! Eventually she came to respect Ron, especially after Chuck was born. I don't think she ever knew how happy he made me. I told her often enough. He treated me like a queen. A goofy queen, but a queen non the less.

Today was a better day. I finished decorating the house for Halloween and made fried bologna with egg for lunch. My favorite comfort food. No calories there!
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #843
chell

How I bet that picture quilt is beautiful. I bet she made some amazing quilts. It is neat that you have the angel that she quilted.

The story of you two is so sweet. I'm sad that your mother was that way but I know how some people are with that. It's not how or where you get married but it's all about who you get married to. I know we get all caught up in the other stuff, but really all that matters is the two of you. Sometimes I'll think about it and be sad that we didn't have a "real" wedding. We did at least get married in a church but there weren't many people there. Heck, my mother didn't even come because she felt too bad. But a few months ago she could take a 90 minute trip to someone else's wedding. Ours was only about 10 minutes from her house. Anyway, like I said the important thing is WHO we marry.

How sweet that Ron stopped seeing the other woman because you stole his heart! Thank goodness you worked up that courage to ask him to ride with you.

I'm glad today was a better today. When you make your sandwich do you leave the yolk runny? I want a runny yolk SO bad. We were talking about that at lunch. I'm allergic to eggs so I've not had any since 1998. It wouldn't be so bad if I had grown up with the allergy but I didn't develop it until I was an adult. Oh how I miss a runny yolk. Then you brought up the sandwich and I was imaging the yolk just runny enough. YUM!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #844
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

I fry up the bologna until it's nice and crispy, than I scramble an egg with grated cheese, milk and herbs and dump it over the bologna. Then I get a pizza shell and toast that up and put some fake butter and garlic and herb on it and put the scrambled egg and bologna on it. Like I said no calories at all. LOL But I only have it once a month or so. Now I do like a fried egg with the yolk runny but the white has to be cooked all the way. I do love my eggs.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #845
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Hello ladies...

I tried but could not get on here last nite!! Sooooo slow...just now was not much better.

So nice to hear all about how you and Ron met Angelrose..what a true love story. You were meant to be..it's all about fate isn't it? Sad that there was such controversy but those were the times then..thankfully, we have made some progress in that area. Family's can sure be funny things and we don't pick them do we!?

All these food descriptions now I want something to eat!! You sure about that Bologna recipe being "no calories" Angelrose?

Well, I hope you both have a great day!
See you later
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #846
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

I love getting caught up on your posts, Angelrose. You've captured the hearts of a few of us!

My upcoming December trip is the first time I've ever been to WDW at Christmastime. I'm so looking forward to it.

Hang in there.

minniecarousel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #847
Angelrose

Something else you didn't know about Ron and me. We loved to roller skate. We took lessons and did quite a few dances. We never competed but we did take the tests and were going for our silver bar dances. Then the skating rink changed and we didn't have the time to practice. The floor was taken over by the competitive free style skaters. I can't blame them, but we had to just say it was time to quit. Most of our friends quit about the same time. It was a much younger crowd that took over. I do miss it at times. Of course, now I'm lucky to be able to walk!

Boy did we have the RAIN today. Over 5 inches. My pool winter cover is full and has to be drained and the pool overflowed! We need to drain 2 to 3 feet at least. Chuck is coming over tomorrow to help with that. My driveway and back driveway really needs to be blown off, but that will have to be in the next week or so. Whenever he gets the chance. Karen has a bad cold so I won't be going over there this Sunday. Poor kid.

Sometime I have to post a Halloween picture of Ron. I just have to find it. He was trying to look scary and failed miserably. LOL
Old 09-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #848
Angelrose

Oh I found a picture of the quilt Angel that Karen's mom made me.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:43 AM   #849
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

What a beautiful quilt!! A kind of blessing.

Roller dancing! What fun, Angelrose! My parents did the same when they were young but stopped be/c it was getting more difficult for the same reason you mentioned.

Hope you all needed the rain - we have been in a drought since we arrived here 3 years ago. I miss the fall, wind and rain and hearing the leaves blowing. It is pretty here and we do have 4 seasons, but not like home. The trade off it the short mild winter - by mid March all the trees are in bloom - very pretty. Although the summers are terribly hot and humid. Guess I am ready to be back in New England!

Hmmm....I loved fried baloney sandwiches but haven't had one in years - never tried it with an egg...sounds yummy!

Have been trying to plan a little WDW getaway with a DIS friend, but we waited one day too long to book flights and her fares skyrocketed! I feel bad because she wants to do this for me (so sweet) as I've not been in awhile in almost 2 yrs and don't have anyone to go with anymore. We would go the second week of December - such a fun time at Disney. Fingers crossed for her fare to drop - she really wants to go, but I wouldn't mind going after the holidays - might not be safe for her though as she lives way up north with very bad winters.

Have a good Saturday! (seeing any movies this weekend?)

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #850
chell

The Angel quilt is very pretty! Sorry you guys had to stop roller dancing. I bet that was fun. When I was young I used to go skating often. There is no way you would get me to skate now. I'd come home one huge bruise.

That was a lot of rain. Hopefully it came in over a long enough time that it was able to sink in and not flood your area at all.

Sorry to hear about Karen's cold. Hope she starts feeling better VERY quickly.

Minnie&Nana do either of you use any website to track the airfares daily? I use SideStep and they send me an email each morning with all the dates and airports I have selected to watch. You do have to renew it every so often. If you want to use it and have any problems figuring it out let me know and I'll help you with it.

Everyone in our house is sick with something right now. Ugh! Larry had to go on allergy medicine recently. He has never before had trouble with allergies. I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for Wednesday but cancelled it because I was feeling better. Well Thursday it got worse. Friday I called to make a new appointment and they can't get me in until next Thursday. Larry wasn't happy about that since I cancelled the last appointment. He just worries and doesn't like for me to feel bad, especially since I already have other health issues. Poor guy. Anyway, it's some stomach problem. Thursday night I figured out why I was feeling better for a few days. Last Saturday I had a massive migraine and had to go to Urgent Care for an IV. In that they loaded me up with Phenergan. I guess that helped me feel better for a few days. Oops.

On to the rest of the family. Galaxy has had a dry cough for over a week now. We made him an appointment with the vet for yesterday morning. Thursday night when we were getting ready for bed we noticed that Auggie, our dog, had one side of her face swollen. She loves to catch bees so we didn't know if it was from a bee sting or from her allergies. Her allergies have been horrible this year. So Friday morning Larry called the vet to see if we could also bring Auggie in with Galaxy. Luna, the new kitten, has been sneezing a lot. We didn't take her with us to the vet because we couldn't manage all 3. Well Luna picked up a virus when she went to the Humane Society to get fixed. She just has a cold and should be fine soon. She shouldn't need any meds thankfully. Galaxy has either bronchitis or pneumonia. He had to get a shot. If he isn't better in a week he has to go back. He has NEVER been sick before! It may have been something Luna brought home from the Humane Society.

My poor baby girl, Auggie, has an abscess tooth. I'm such a horrible mommy for not keeping her teeth cleaned better and in better shape. Monday morning she has to go in to have the tooth removed and will get the rest cleaned. I'm going to be a nervous wreck Monday! There is always a risk when someone or an animal is put under. She is in good health but I can't help but worry. She is my baby.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #851
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Oh I found a picture of the quilt Angel that Karen's mom made me.

The angel quilt is beautiful. I don't check this thread often, but I think about you all the time and hope you are doing well.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #852
sunnyday123
Someone hand me my drool towel
I think my eyes were crossed for a week

that quilt is gorgeous!! you should have it framed-it's so pretty!

The story of you and Ron is beautiful!! It sounds like you were a perfect match!! Very few people get to meet their perfect match-I know I haven't-and while you didn't have him as long as you would have liked, you had more than most people.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #853
Angelrose

sunnyday123 I have the quilt framed and hung in my computer room. That way I see it every day when I come in the door.

I found the Halloween picture of Ron. It's from 1990.

Ron the Executioner

Isn't that a hoot? We had such fun times together. I can remember telling him to look scary and this was what I got. Oh how I laughed.

chell I hope all your fur babies get feeling better soon along with you and your DH.

Minnie&Nana the second week in December is when I'm going to be there. From the 11th to the 21st. That is the best time. Low crowds and beautiful decorations.

Chuck came over this morning and we got the cover drained and the pool down. We didn't drain the pool as much as I would have liked, but Chuck said if we take it down any lower the cover which is pulled tight, might tear. So hopefully if the winter is very cold, the water won't freeze solid and wreck the pool. Hoping for a mild winter here. I looked at the water and it's not moldy or anything. Just a lot of leaves and dirt from the wind and a bit cloudy. I won't have any trouble draining it next summer. Karen got all our dining reservations done this morning. She just has to email me all the times and dates and the reservations numbers.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #854
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

OMgosh, that pic of Ron is fabulous!!! I just love you guys. What fun you had together.

Guess what? I will be at WDW December 10 thru the 15th!!! Not sure where we'll stay yet, but maybe CBR - not sure. Sold some gold and was shocked to recieved an offer of $1457.47!!! There is a thread "I sold my gold!". It is a great thread, so I gave it a try - I expected a couple of hundred. So, of course, will not use all of this as I've been out work since May 2008 and unemployment ended in June. So this $1400 is a blessing.

(p.s. I live with DD & SIL and care for DGD, so I have a lovely life!)

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 09-13-2009 at 01:03 AM. Reason: typo
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #855
Angelrose

Well, we will just have to pick a time, day and place to meet! That is all there is to it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: