Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #826
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Ooh, you will have to give us a full report on the new Bay Lake Towers. At first when I was seeing people talk about BLT it would make me hungry and I didn't know what the heck they were talking about. I didn't know you are a travel agent. Lucky you. I'd want to do it just for the promos and to help other people plan Disney trips. I LOVE planning Disney trips. Hope you have great weather.

How long are they visiting you for? Did you used to live in the UK as well or did she move over there? Sorry to be so full of questions today.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #827
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

I know--I couldn't figure it either! Seemed like some sort of code to me I will tell you all about it!

You know..I have always been in travel of some sort or another. I worked for an Airline so many years back..pre babies. Went back for awhile but the trips and shifts were really hard with a baby. So, I left. When my oldest daughter went off to University it really hit me hard and I knew number 2 was right behind her so needed to find something to do with myself! I pondered this for awhile (God forbid I make a fast decision!!) and 5 years later, here I am!!! I do love it...I sell a lot of cruises and a lot of Disney with all things in between. I am a consumate planner..so thought this might satisfy my need to plan trips for me..it doesn't

My sister and BIL have been here for 2 weeks...yesterday they went to Las Vegas until Thursday. When they return here, they have another 10 days with me.Meanwhile..my DD (she was a CM in the ICP a few years back) has 7 of her CM Disney pals here this weekend so for the last 2 nights it has been 10 for dinner. I am pooped.

I was born in England..my sister is 20 years (!) older than me. Can you say unplanned pregnancy lol?? Mum said none of us were planned!! We came to Canada when I was 5. About 5 years ago-after my Mum passed away, my sister and her husband moved back to the UK after 44 years of living here! Her only son, now 40..had moved there for a job some 10 years prior and she wanted to live out her days nearby to him and his wife (met there) because if grandchildren came along--they would be there and SO far away. Angelrose I am sure can appreciate this!! Sooo they made the BIG move. They are far more adventurous than I!! Overall--they are pretty happy though they miss many things and hopefully ME! It's very hard when she leaves...she really feels like my Mum now.

Hope that wasn't more than you wanted to know!!
I always ramble..sorry

Last edited by minnie56; 09-07-2009 at 05:21 PM.
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #828
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Hello everyone. I had a great day yesterday. I spent the whole day with the kids and Jesse. He was a little cranky because his two year old molars are coming in. But I so enjoyed playing with him. I also had a good time with Karen and Chuck. They went out to a fancy Italian restaurant for their anniversary. They enjoyed it. Chuck and I watched a couple of episodes of the old Buck Rogers series. OMG how funny was that! But it was good in it's day and I enjoyed watching it again. We talked about where we're going to eat. She has figured out how we're going to do what and when. She just has to email it to me.

We are doing dinner at Boma, Kona, SciFi, Morocco, Mexico and Prime Time Cafe. Breakfast at Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys and Kona. We already know what we're having at Kona for breakfast. LOL I'm having the macadamia nut pancakes and Karen is having the Tonga Toast. Then we are going to share. I don't care for bananas so I'll just scrape them off. Chuck will have whatever floats his boat at the time. I'm not wild about Mexico, so I will let them have that as a date night and just grab something quick and watch Jesse. I will also watch him when they go to the SciFi. The rest of the time we will eat together.

The first four days we will do one park all day. Now that is not my favorite thing to do so I may just wander off on my own in the afternoon and meet up with them for dinner.

minnie56 I'm so happy that you are going to DW in 15 days. I know you will have a great time. 94 days for me.

Now as for packing. I take out my suitcase right after Thanksgiving! We aren't leaving until the 11th but I like to have everything ready. I have all my clothes out and folded neatly and the day before I pack it all in. Then I will give it to Chuck to take down with them in the car. All I will have on the plane is my backpack and a roll on carry on.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #829
chell

It doesn't bother me one bit if you ramble because I'm one of the best ramblers out there. I don't think you said too much at all. I love learning more about people.

Boy did you have a house full! Whew. Our house is way too small. And too messy, well cluttered. I'm a pack rat. But I'm getting better.

You really were a shock to your parents then. I was a shock to my parents too, but my sister is only 7 years older than me. My mother didn't think she could get pregnant but my dad told her during their "special time" something like "we've got our baby girl now." Apparently my mom thought he lost his mind. Well he was right all around because the doctor had to cut me out about 9 months later. I was too stubborn to come out on my own. Shyness started in me before I even stepped out into the real world.

It is neat that you and your sister are so close and spend so much time together. My sister lives about 10 - 15 minutes from me. Sometimes we see each other often and sometimes we don't. Lately she has been too busy because of work. I miss spending lots of time with her.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #830
chell

Hey AngelRose! I'm glad you had a great day yesterday. Sorry to hear about Jesse's teeth coming in. Poor guy. Buck Rogers was fun to watch when I was growing up. I can't imagine how it must look now. I used to have some of the figurines from the show.

Sounds like you have some great meals planned. At all of the restaurants I already know what I'm eating. Yeah, I know that's bad. But because of my allergies I pretty much have to. But I do really enjoy planning that much too.

We need to plan us a long girls only weekend sometime.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #831
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh Chell-my sister used to live that close. I wish she still did...that's nice that you can see each other whether it's often or not so often. Just to know you can. There are 2 in between us..the next one to me was another sister, 12 years older. She sadly passed away last year and I have 1 brother that is 14 years older. We are really spread out aren't we?!?!

Angelrose it sounds like you had a wonderful day. Poor Jesse with his molars..poor little guy. I often think when I have had tooth issues how miserable cutting a tooth must be. You are well planned for your trip! I am not sure we are nearly as organized 2 weeks prior!! We have some ADR's but I really hate doing them. I never really know where we'll be - when? Takes away the spontanaity but alas with the dining plan it is a necessity indeed.

We are down to 4 friends here now...quietening down after a busy few days.

I think I am off to bed..

Bye till next time
Old 09-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #832
chell

Oh my, I'm so sorry that you recently lost a sister.

I am very thankful to have my sister so close by. Since we didn't come from a real close family it is nice. She adopted two boys a few years ago and I like to spoil them rotten. They are 5 and almost 7.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #833
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

I'm so sorry that you lost your sister, minnie56. I'm an only child so have no siblings. I do have a couple of cousins that I'm close to though.

Today was another gray day here. I'm missing Ron so much. Even when I'm with the kids, I keep thinking that Ron should be here to enjoy Jesse. He would be so proud of how smart and loving he is. It just never ends. I try to keep busy but something will happen and I'll turn to tell Ron something and he's not there. He should be here. The rest of my life is going to be like this. Sometimes it's more than I can bear. Even when I'm happy I feel the pain. I talk to women friends who have gone through it and they all say the same thing. It's a lonely life. The pain gets more bearable but it never, ever goes away. In time I will be able to look at his picture and not cry, but that won't be for a long time.

Sorry to break down like this. I'll try and do better.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #834
chell

Oh AngelRose please don't apologize! You don't have to! You are allowed to do and say and feel any way you want. You have done nothing wrong. Of course you are lonely. I wish I could come hug you right now. I'm sending you one!

Please don't ever apologize to us for how you feel. All of your feelings are natural and normal. We are here to support you and love you and hug you through them - the good and the bad!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #835
Angelrose

Thank you chell. You are so kind. This thread is my comfort and my haven. I don't know what I would do without all my DIS friends.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #836
chell

You are welcome. Honestly I really do wish I could take at least some of your pain away. I know I can't take it all away but I would if I could, I really would. If I lived closer I would come visit with you and hug you to try to make you feel better or at least give you a shoulder to cry on. In a very short amount of time you really touched my heart and dug way inside of me and I feel so strongly about you. You seem like a friend that has been a part of my close family as long as I can remember. You are so comforting and safe and warm. I'm trying to think of the best way to describe you without making you sound like a quilt. But that's what that one line sounded like. I didn't mean it like a quilt, but I hope you understand what I mean. A quilt made with love is a very special thing though.

You are the type of Lady little girls want to be when they grow up. You are the type of Lady I want to be when I grow up! You are dignified, beautiful, loving, caring, respectful, kind, intelligent and I could go on for days. When I look at the words that I just typed to describe you they were not just letters or words on the screen but words that floated on my screen to describe you because you are so wonderful. Words don't float for just anyone...

Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #837
Angelrose

Oh my so many compliments! I like being a quilt! You are such a good friend and I feel the same about you. I feel that we have known each other for ages. Funny, isn't it? I feel so much love from you and minnie56 and all of my DIS friends. I can talk about my feeling here so easily. I don't know how strong I am right now. I try to be, but somehow tears get in the way. Sometimes I still want to have a temper tantrum. I wish you could have known Ron. He was so kind and loving and funny and strong. He was very smart. He worked for our local electric company and he could see the answer to a problem that stumped everyone else. One of the men he taught said he was the smartest man he knew. He could make me giggle or make me chase him around the house until we were both laughing too hard to continue. He was always ready to give me a hug. He would tell me he had a huggie deficit. Oh we had such good times together. Those memories are all I have left now. Sometimes they make me smile, but most times they make me cry because he's not here. I guess in time the smiles will be more frequent and the tears will be less.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #838
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh Angelrose you have stolen so many hearts here. We ache for you and with you. Your pain is palpable and we feel it from where we are. There is no pain like that of the losing someone we love so. Though we shared so many times with them-we wanted to share more. It just seems so unfair..because it is. When my Mum passed, I thought I would never get over it. I haven't..I miss her more, not less. Not ever less. But the days go by and then the weeks and months and one day you will catch yourself being reminded of your beloved Ron and find you are smiling. There still might be a tear, but you will feel joy at what was and a peace at what one day will be again.
He is still with you..just not in the physical sense. Your heart breaks and yet it is so full of love and memory.Sometimes I think it would be ideal if we could dull those same senses but they tell the journey of our life. Bittersweet.

It is still such early days...you must cry when you must cry...and feel pain because there is pain. There's such a process to go through and we all do. You can't hurry it...forgive yourself for having those times. You must let the despair out..it will begin the healing process. Don't expect miracles from you.
Meanwhile, we are here. You have a wonderful and special friend in Chell..and I hope many of us can be the same for you here. This can be such a perfect place to share our feelings and have someone tell us they care. And care we do. We are here, through bad days and worse days and okay days as they come.
You have touched hearts here and we want to help take care of yours.

Chell..thank you for the sympathy for my sister.You are most kind... Sadly, we hadn't spoken in too long. I am not sure why-there were no words, no issues.It seemed after our Mum passed she became distant. She died of Cancer and I had no idea she even had it until the day after she died. I have her picture in my living room and many times I pass it and talk to her. I ask her why? Hard to find closure but it was as she wanted it.

Well ladies..once again I gone on with my diatribe! You are in good, kind hands here Angelrose. Close your eyes tonite and know so many are thinking of you...
Old 09-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #839
Angelrose

Thank you minnie56. I can't wait to check in here every night. You all give me so much strength and hope. It's hard for me to realize that next week will only be three months since Ron has passed. It seems so much longer. It seems like forever since I had his arms around me. Today I realized I can't remember his voice. How could I forget that? I can remember his smile and his laugh. I can almost feel his arms around me sometimes.

Today a neighbor called and wanted to talk to me outside. He was walking his dog. So I got dressed and went outside and 4 gazillion mosquitoes said, "HEY, LUNCH!" I had to run back in to get repellant which was clogged up. So I made him come up on the porch to get away from most of them. He is a good soul. He wanted to know how I was doing and of course I started to cry. Just talking about Ron makes me cry. He means well, but he wanted me to come and join his church. I already have my own church that I don't go to. I talk to God in my own way. He wanted to know what I believe in so he would know how to pray for me. I told him just to pray that God gives me the strength to get through this. I was pretty much crying the whole time. I must have look a lovely sight. My forehead looking like I had measles from the cream from the dermatologist, the tears running down my face and my nose running. How attractive I was. He gave me a hug and then left. I went inside and treated my 6 mosquito bites, blew my nose and washed my face. I was exhausted. I really do appreciate him caring for me but next time can't we just chat on the phone and leave the mosquitoes alone? Oh I do sound ungrateful, don't I? I don't mean to be. I guess I'm just crabby.

On a positive note, I got my Disney Rewards card today. I gave the number to Karen so she can add my 411 dollars to my hotel bill. Not much, but at least it's something. I am looking forward to this trip. The one bright note.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #840
chell

Glad to hear you like being a quilt! My grandmother used to love making them. Several years ago the threads started breaking on mine and I tried to fix them. That was a mistake because I can't sew. I'm not that type of woman. I can cook up a storm, but that is as domestic as I get. Her only remaining sister still makes them with the same pattern and we asked her to make us one. I also asked her about fixing this one. I would love to be able to use it again, but then again I don't want anything to happen to it. Anyway, to me a quilt is a wonderful thing! My quilt from my grandmother is one of my most prized possessions!!! It was made for me with love from my grandmother. I miss her so bad. She visits me in my dreams on occasion. She was my constant when I was growing up. As I got older I didn't get to spend as much time with her and now I really regret it. I wish I could go back and change things and get to spend more time with her. I wish I could make sure she knows just how much I love her. We all have these thoughts I guess... I have one picture from her when I was a little girl that I just love. The way she is looking at me you can see that she loves me. It is my favorite picture. I need to scan it but I don't have a scanner. Sorry to go on so long.

I too wish I could have known Ron. We just have to get to keep on learning more about him through you. He lives on through you. And I'm glad you understood everything I was saying and that I didn't sound like a weirdo. I'm so glad we found each other but I'm not happy about the circumstances. Like I told you before I'm always here if you ever need anything at all.

Again, Ron is living on through you. If I ask things you don't want to talk about just tell me to hush. If I ask things more than once I'm sorry. But I've said it before I have memory issues (my migraine medicine messes with me).

So, would you mind telling us how you two met and about your courtship?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: