Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #646
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Hope you enjoy the movie tonight!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #647
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

I did enjoy the movie. It was great. It started at 10 and we got out right at 12:30. We picked up Jesse and he was so sleepy but I did get a big smile from him before he dropped off again. I got home a little after 1 and I was in bed by 1:30. I slept well. I didn't get up until 7 this morning.

Today I didn't feel like doing anything, so I watched movies all day. Tomorrow I will get Ron's sneakers ready for the AMVETS.

My cousin went to a medium today. This guy was really good. He told her things that nobody knows. Not general things, but very specific. He apologized to her and said that one of the little ladies told him to do it. He pinched her cheek. OMG! That was our aunt Bella. We HATED that. She only did it to me a couple of times, but did it to Joan all the time. The little ladies were our aunts. And they are still all talking at once. Typical Italian family! So the next time Joan's friend is having this guy to her house in a couple of months, I am going to go. I need to hear something from Ron. I'm hoping he can help me. I think I will rest easier if I know he is happy.
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #648
JerseyMamaBear
DIS Veteran

I am happy to see you enjoyed the movie. I have been following your posts for sometime and wanted to tell you, you are an amazing women and I am fond of your strength. Best wishes.

[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"]1979-1994 Fort Wilderness & Condos at DTD #1-21
1993 Dixi Landings (POR) #22. #36 2011 Poly, marathon
1997 Off Property #23. #37 2011 Riley's birthday
1999 CBR #24. #38 8/11 Colins Birthday
2003 Port Orleans Riverside #25. #39 10/11Wine& Dine run
2004 CBR #26. . #40 2012 POP
2006 CBR #27
2006 All Star Sports #28
2007 All Star Sports #29
2008 All Star Sports #30
2009 All Star Music #31
2010 Polynesian Birthday weekend #32
2010 April Poly for Princess Birthday #33
2010 May All Star #34
2010 Halloween at the Poly #35
JerseyMamaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #649
chell

Glad you enjoyed the movie.

Wow, that is something about the medium. I hope you do get a visit with him very soon. I'm sure it will help put your mind at ease.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #650
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thank you for the compliment JerseyMamaBear, but I'm not really that strong. I think whatever strength I have is coming from my dear Ron. Some days are unbearable and others aren't too bad.

Today I bagged up all of Ron's sneakers, knit hats and gloves and bagged up some of my own gloves and hats too. It was so hard to do.

I was just laying down after lunch when Joan called. She got out of the dr's office early and wanted to swim. I got there a little after 1 and stayed until 4:30. We had a good time and I laughed really hard again. She is so good at that. I really think I would have gone bonkers this summer if she hadn't invited me to swim at least twice a week.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #651
chell

You are stronger than you think you are. He does give you strength, as does the love you two share. But you have strength as well. He helps you to find that strength and helps you to be able to use it. He is sort of like your jumper cables. You truly are an amazing woman.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #652
Angelrose

Jumper cables! LOL I like that. Thank you chell. You wouldn't think I was so strong if you could see me when my tantrums hit. This Sunday I know is going to be hard. It would have been our 44th anniversary. We never did anything very special. We gave each other cards and gave huggies and some romantic moments. But every day was special to us. We would always say "And they said it would never last!" And then we would say that we think it will last another 40 years or so before we were sure it would last. I do so miss his smile and sense of humor.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #653
DebIreland
ಠvಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
We would always say "And they said it would never last!" And then we would say that we think it will last another 40 years or so before we were sure it would last. I do so miss his smile and sense of humor.
Angelrose, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your marriage sounds like my parents-in-law - they were so happy together until FIL passed away too young and too fast. A part of MIL went with him. I can feel your love for Ron from your words. God bless you. x

Grieving Angry Widow
DebIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #654
darkeraven
Earning My Ears

You and your sweetie are in my prayers as well.
darkeraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #655
chell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Jumper cables! LOL I like that. Thank you chell. You wouldn't think I was so strong if you could see me when my tantrums hit. This Sunday I know is going to be hard. It would have been our 44th anniversary. We never did anything very special. We gave each other cards and gave huggies and some romantic moments. But every day was special to us. We would always say "And they said it would never last!" And then we would say that we think it will last another 40 years or so before we were sure it would last. I do so miss his smile and sense of humor.
Just because you have tantrums or difficult spells doesn't mean you aren't strong, that only means you are human. You are supposed to go through all of those emotions - it's part of the human experience. I know it isn't easy, but it really is part of the healing process. You don't see it and may not feel it yet but he is there with you. I know he is. I have a very strong peace about him being with you and that he is okay. As I was typing this I just got one of those super strong feelings. It's not something easy to explain, but he is with you. Trust me.

Sunday will be difficult. But remember that you don't have to do anything that YOU don't want to do. If you don't want to get out of bed all day don't. Well it would be a good idea to at least go to the bathroom. If you don't want to spend the day alone, then don't. YOU decide how you want to spend the day. Don't let anyone else push you into anything. The great family & friends you have, I don't think they will try to force you into anything. But I think they may try to convince you that you should do this or that.

Do you have any empty notebooks or pads of paper at home? When you have a fun memory of Ron grab that notebook and write it down. When you are sad try to think of a good memory of Ron and write it down in that book. When you are feeling lonely try to think of another memory to write down. Then when you feel like it sit down and read what you have written. It might bring to memory other memories of you and Ron. Not only will it help you to not forget any of your memories, it will also ensure that he lives on. He will live on not only for you but also for your son and your grandson. The love you & Ron have will always last!!!

I hope I don't write too much here. I just want you to know that I care about you and that I'm here for you. I want to help you heal.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #656
Angelrose

Thank you chell. That's a good idea about writing down how goofy he was at times. He loved to make me laugh, because he said he loved my giggle.

You always bring a smile to my face when I read your posts. I'm glad to hear that you have that strong feeling about him being here with me. That helps me deal with him being gone from this life.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #657
chell

You are welcome. I'm glad I can help. That's what I want to do. You are a very amazing woman. You truly are an inspiration to so many of us.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #658
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

ahhh, Angelrose - you hang in there. Chell has some wonderful insight and advice. I try to check your thread from time-to-time. You know you'll have some of "those days". I think you're doing remarkably well.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #659
Angelrose

Yesterday was a bad day. First I went into the closet and saw his ashes and then I was a mess for the rest of the day. Then at night I watched the Return of the Mummy. Not a good choice. When the wife "died", they resurrected her. Then I was a mess because Ron isn't coming back.

Today was a better day. Chuck called me to tell me how his weekend went. Poor Jesse is getting in 4 eye teeth at the same time and is really miserable. I told him I didn't want to be alone this Sunday and he said Karen had already talked to him about it and they want me to come over and watch movies and play with Jesse to keep my mind off of our 44th anniversary. What would I do without them?

As soon as I hung up with him Joan called and said she was heading to Boscovs for some shorts and did I want to come along. Of course. Neither of us got a thing. So we drowned our sorrows at the Dairy Queen. Then spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool. It was a good day.

Here is a picture of Jesse in his turtle pool.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #660
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Mary, he is such a doll.

Suzanne

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: