Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #571
BeachGirlFLA
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry...my prayers are with you.
BeachGirlFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #572
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

I got Ron's ashes today. It was heavier than I thought it would be. I can't think about that right now. I put them away in the closet. I just can't deal with that right now at all.

Chuck came over and brought them to me. He wanted to be there when the bug guy came. I was glad he came to tell the man where the carpenter ants were. He finished the job and I have a 3 month guarantee. That seemed good to me.

My cousin called this morning and asked me to come over and swim. I agreed before she finished the sentence. We swam from 12:30 to 3. It was good to talk and laugh and cry a little bit. Then I came home, got a shower and was ready for Chuck when he came at 3:30.

I'm going to her house again tomorrow. We are more like sisters than cousins. She told me about a medium she is going to see in a couple of weeks. I asked if I could go to. She is going to see if she can get me an appointment along with hers. I know it's silly, but I want to see if this man can actually contact the spirit world. I'm not going to mention Ron and just see what happens. I want to know if Ron is OK where he is.

I don't know when I'll be able to deal with the ashes. Right now I'm going to pretend that there not there. I don't think that's going to work though.

Oh my poor sweetheart. I do so miss you.
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #573
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Angelrose - as I mentioned in a PM to you, my wonderful husband died last September. Although some of his ashes were placed in a site at the cemetery, the remainder of them will be traveling to FL with my family next year. I have not looked at them since his funeral, and just can't bring myself to yet.
As you have mentioned, he is everywhere I am, in spirit. I truly believe he guides me and gives me the confidence to go forward in life. As strong women, we are capable of making wise choices, but it is always comforting to know that someone is helping to direct us!
Please continue to "lean" on family and friends as they take comfort in supporting us. There are many of us who truly understand what you are experiencing. May God continue to bless you.

Last edited by lovingthemouse; 07-03-2009 at 08:27 PM.
lovingthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #574
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

lovingthemouse, I am planning on bringing some of Ron's ashes to DW this December when we go. I will find some little out of the way place to put them so he can see the castle and the fireworks.

I'm so sorry that you lost your husband too. My prayers are with you.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #575
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I came into this post really late I guess. You are sill in my prayers and thoughts
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #576
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
karensi, my condolences to you on the loss of your husband and your son. That must be doubly hard for you.

My prayers go out to you.

Thank you

Karen
Old 07-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #577
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Still here for you, Angelrose.

Continued prayers.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #578
Pomlover2586
Experiment 626

I'm so very sorry for your loss....

As far as grieving goes, and your DH ashes.........I found when my grandfather died that it helped me to grieve, when i talked to him. I was 15 when he passed and I used to walk around my grandparents house carrying his ashes with me wherever I went and I'd just talk to him when I felt like it. I sat him with my on the couch to watch "our shows" etc..... weird kinda yeah........but it really helped me let go a little at a time.

I did this for about a month on and off whenever I was over at my grandparents house.

My prayers are with you

Abu Rajah

Engaged 6-24-07 at DLR Blue Bayou
Married 6-24-08 Honeymoon at DLR

Pomlover2586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #579
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Have you heard of the jewelry you can put some of Ron's ashes in to always have some of him with you at all times? I surely hope this doesn't upset you by posting this. When you are ready to deal with the ashes I thought this may be something you would be interested in.

The company Ashes to Ashes is one that I've ordered from twice. The first time was for myself when someone in my life passed away and I thought I needed to keep some of their ashes with me. The second time was for a best friend when her dog passed away so she could keep some of her dogs ashes with her always.

It's great to hear you are getting out and doing things.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #580
sunnyday123
Someone hand me my drool towel
I think my eyes were crossed for a week

Have a good day today, Happy July 4th!
Old 07-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #581
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

Angelrose.. I came across your post awhile back and havent been on the Dis much but decided to come back on today and I saw your post again.. I am so sorry for your loss..

His memories will go on.. In the last 2 months Ive lost my grandmother and my uncle and my mom has had a stroke.. Thankfully my mother is recovering, but I cant keep thinking about the wonderful memories I have of my grandmother and uncle and mom.. sometimes I just cant help crying, but I know they will be with me forever..
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #582
Lionqueen2
DIS Veteran

Sending you My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Lionqueen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #583
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

Thinking of you today Angelrose.
Hope you make plans to do something to pass the day.

Karen
Old 07-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #584
Angelrose

Thank you chell for that website. I think that is a great idea. I bookmarked it so I can look at everything there.

I had a good day today. I got all the canned goods that Ron used and bagged them all up and my cousin will take them to the food bank on Monday. It's right by where she goes to work.

I had Chuck put all the coats in my car and the trash in my trunk to take to the dump today. They have an AMVETS bin there for clothes also. Well, I completely forgot that this was 4th of July and of course the dump was closed. Now I have a very full car until Wednesday night when the dump is open again. DUHHH

I went to Joans again to swim in her pool. We got in around 1:30 and didn't get out until 4:30. We talked and laughed and talked more about Ron. It really helps to talk about him. I did get a tad sunburned. I forgot to put on sun block. I have very fair skin so of course I am doing my impression of a tomato. I don't have Ron to put lotion on my back so I came up with my own idea. I used a soft plastic spatula. Well, it sort of worked. I'm sure right now he is shaking his finger at me for getting sun burned. But it was a good day and I'm sure I will sleep well tonight.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #585
Mischa
Disney Dreamin'

Angelrose,

I just came across this thread. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts & prayers are with you.

hugs,

Animal Crossing info:
friend code: 0774-9616-0998
Town: Ditny
Name: Michelle

Proud DVC members at SSR! Off-site: 1976 (my 1st trip), 1990 & 1998 (Coronado Springs); Ft. Wilderness Cabins: 2006 (DH's 1st trip, became DVC members!); SSR: 12/2006; 7/2007; 11/2007; 9/2008; 5/2009, 10/2009
Mischa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: