Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #2896
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Can't wait to hear about it!

We've had horrible weather in NY, I haven't been able to get to my NJ house and will have to miss it again this week My car is buried in snow, again.

Glad you made it home safely! Sorry about the car, but it doesn't sound too terrible

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #2897
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

It turns out the the blower is fine but we decided I really need a reliable car that I don't have to worry about when the next thing will fail.

So at noon I drove to Chuck's and we drove to the Honda dealer. There were 2 or 3 to choose from, but we chose 2012 white one. I paid a bit more than I hoped and a lot more than I wanted. But what can you do. I paid $15,500. It has less than 50,000 miles on it. My car had 129,960 on it and it's 20 years old. They can't sell it, they will just take it to auction. My poor car, I will miss you.

Here is my new car.

I need to REALLY watch the speed on this because I can go 60 and it doesn't feel like I'm moving at all. I also need to go out tomorrow and just sit in it and get to know where everything is and how to change things. I also have to get used to the controls being on the side instead of on my steering wheel where mine was. It will take some getting used to a smaller car too.

But it does drive like a dream.
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #2898
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

I will tell you one story from our trip.

Chuck and I went on Test Track and he designed a beautiful race car. The next time we went on I asked him to design a race car for me only I wanted it royal blue with stars on it.

hmmmmmmmm he designed this box. I kept laughing and telling him he was being mean to his mommy.

Here are the pictures.

Fabulous race car, wouldn't you say??

But I got the last laugh because my car tested better than his race car. So there!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #2899
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

HA! Good for you!

RNR & Mission Space are two I'm not sure I'll ever ride again. Space Mt is not my friend either. I like Test Track, though. I look forward tor reading about your adventures. I was sure you were home - been thinking about you!

Glad you got a new car. It sounds like your 20 year old big car was starting to have too many things wrong with it. Hondas are very reliable.

We've been enjoying watching Olympic coverage. Especially the hockey!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #2900
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Congrats on the new car!

It's "You"! Happy trails!!

Old 02-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #2901
Angelrose

Thanks minniecarousel and snappyd. I really love my new car.

I don't mind Test Track or Mission Space, but I can't ride Space Mountain anymore. Years ago, Ron rode it and said he couldn't ride it anymore because it hurt his brain. I had no idea what he was talking about and that year went on it 3 times in a row because there was no line.

The last time we were there, I rode it and knew EXACTLY what he meant. It did hurt my brain. I can't ride that anymore. I used to love it too.

I'm still getting back to "normal". Well, as normal as I can get.

I'll have you know that it is only 710 more days until we go to Disney again. Give or take a day or two.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #2902
snapppyd

I can't believe you rode RockNRoller coaster! DH has never been able to get me on that ride and probably never will. I'm curious how Space Mountain could be worse? Actually I try to avoid all roller coasters now, can't believe I've been on Expedition Everest, don't know if I could do it again!

Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #2903
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Glad you had such a good time on your trip! Can't wait to read your TR when you post it. I haven't been able to get the courage together to try RNRC yet but I love TT and I did like Mission Space when I did that one, I did the mild one, is that orange? I want to try the other one some day.

Congrats on the new car!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #2904
Angelrose

snappyd, Space Mountain is a lot jerkier than RNRC. I think that's what hurts my brain. It gets jostled around too much.

I absolutely LOVE EE. That is so much fun.

rndmr2. Thank you
Old 02-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #2905
Angelrose

I just had to tell you. My gas tank was down to about 1/3 so I decided to fill up since we are going to have some snow coming in on Wednesday.

Imagine my surprise when it only cost me $27 to fill the tank instead of $60! I'm loving regular gas.

Chuck came and installed my new mailbox today. So I am very happy today. Doesn't take much, does it?

He told me he will try and get the laptop installed here maybe in the next two weeks. Then he will download the pictures too. I have a tower now and it is so slow at times. So he will install the laptop in it's place. Don't ask me how that will work. I have no idea. I'm just happy when I turn it on and it works.

OK I'm off to watch some tv and then the Olympics.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:01 AM   #2906
snapppyd

I know what you mean about the gas, we have a 2012 Camry and we get about 31 miles to the gallon and use regular. When we first got married DH had a van that got about 10 miles to the gallon!

Old 02-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #2907
Angelrose

snappyd, that's about what I get with my Honda. 31 miles a gallon compared to 13 to 15 with my Caddy that took premium. What a difference.

The car dealer called me today to tell me my tags are in and he has the manual for me. He will also take a look at why the key thingy won't open the trunk.

I'll go on Friday since that is my usual day out.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #2908
Angelrose

We got between 6 and 7 inches of snow today. I am not happy. I am so tired of snow and cold. I want some warm and I want it now, so there!

On a brighter note, I got my registration and my tags put on. He showed me you have to hold down the button for the trunk release. Just for 5 or 6 seconds. I have never heard of a trunk release like that. Oh well, it works and that's great.

Friday was my day out. I got my hair done, and then got the car stuff taken care of.

Saturday I got my pancakes, went to Walmart to get a few food items. Went across the street to Acme to get a few more food items. Stopped at the craft store to get a few things for a little project and then stopped at ShopRite for a few MORE food items. My last stop was Target for, you guessed it, a few more food items. This time, lime yogurt for Jesse. I went home and got everything put away and then loaded up the car with my trash and the old mailbox. The nice man there always helps me upload my car. I went home and didn't move the rest of the day.

Last night I went to have dinner with the family. I kept the kids occupied while Chuck and Karen cooked dinner. We had a nice visit and Karen told me that she no longer has to work mandatory overtime, she can be home by 3:30 to get Jesse off the bus. I get time off until things change at work again. I appreciated that, but now I miss my special time with Jesse.

I hope Chuck can get some time to get my laptop installed here and download the trip pictures so I can get my report started. I hate waiting so long to get it posted, but, I know he has a full schedule with work and two kids to wrangle on the weekends with Karen.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #2909
Angelrose

Hello my friends. I spent the day with my grandkids, while Chuck and Karen did their shopping. We played in the basement and watched The Jungle Book. We had lunch and played outside for an hour. It was so nice out. It got up to 65 and the snow is melting fast.

Chuck told me he will install my laptop next Sunday while I play with the kids. If it's nice, I will let them run around the woods. They love that and I can sit down and watch them.

Then all I need is some time to get the pictures organized into my trip report. I will finally get that done.

It's only 692 days more or less until I go again to DW. It's right around the corner!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #2910
snapppyd

Eventful week. My heart kind of 'flip flopped' on Tues. and scared the bejeezus out of me. Went for EKG, had to wear a halter monitor for 24 hours, then echocardiogram last evening.

My blood pressure is 140/90 I go back in 3 weeks - my cholesterol did go down 50 points, hooray! (started lipitor 10 days ago).

Doc thinks it's stress, we'll see.

SO, everyone enjoy your St. Paddy's Day weekend!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: