Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #2731
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thank you Mickey'sMainMami. I appreciate it.

Thank you snappyd. No it isn't my allergies. I'm already taking an allergy pill every day all year. I just have to let it run it's course. I don't have any congestion in my chest, thank goodness. It's just the dry cough from post nasal drip. But I have used Mucinex in the past and it does do a great job.

I got in an hour's swim this afternoon. Chuck came over and helped me back wash. That earth that came out was pure green slime. ICK Glad that is out of the filter. I put in fresh earth so that should last the summer.

Still a lot of pollen blowing in the water though. It's never been this bad. Maybe the rain on Monday will clear it out for good.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #2732
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

When is the trip, I haven't seen your around recently? Hope you are feeling better!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #2733
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

How are you feeling Angelrose? Hope your cold is better and you'll be up to par to have some fun when you go to Dollywood ! Nice you'll be there w/loving family for Ron's annv, as I know it's still such a sad day for you, no matter how long it's been.

When you spoke of cleaning your pool and all that pollen mess, I felt bad for you . My DSIL has allergies and if he's not careful, even tho he takes med daily, sometimes his turn into a sinus infection.

DH had eye surgery yesterday for his Astigmatism. His ck up was today and I had to drive it a horrible rain storm, but thankfully did fine. Doc has him on 4 meds, so I made a chart to follow, as at this age sometimes I forget...lol. Thankfully he is healing well (hug). It was a dreary rainy day, so made him a pot of beef stew, biscuits, and spinach strawberry salad for dinner - later we'll have cherry vanilla IC for dessert. That should satisfy his taste buds and help him heal!

DGS's graduation went great....with almost 400 students ceremony was 2 hrs long and was held at our local college. We had to be there 45 min early for parking and seating, even tho we had tickets, let's say we got our exercise for the day with the walk ! Proud to say he was presented a gold cord to wear for ranking 4th in his class ! Afterwards we all headed to Longhorn for dinner, where he enjoyed a rack of ribs, and good time was had by all - we didn't get back till midnight. Next day he took off for OCity w/friends, where he's had fun all week, and due home tomorrow. His Mom will be glad to him back safe and sound.

Thx for the compliment AR! Yes, like you, we are very blessed and our sweet grands sure light up our lives! Here's a pix of our pride n joy and one with his proud Nana too!

Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #2734
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Here I am . I am actually starting to feel human again. The last few days, I've been doing a whole lot of nothing but coughing and blowing my nose. Thank goodness for menthol Boogie Wipes! No red nose for me.

I haven't been able to get in the pool at all. It's been too chilly or I just didn't have the energy.

I went out today in the rainstorm. I wanted to get a few things and of course had some pancakes.

We've had so much rain, I had to take over an inch of water out of the pool. I may have to take more tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm going to see the family for swimming lessons and I get to babysit for a couple of hours while Chuck and Karen do some last minute shopping for our trip. I'll be going to swimming lessons again on Sunday. We're going tomorrow to make up for next Sunday when we'll be away.

snappyd, we will leave next Friday at noon to go to Virginia for the company picnic on Saturday. We will leave there around 1 and head to Tennessee. We hope to make it around 9 or 10 depending on how many potty breaks we have to make.

4nana you have one handsome grandson! And that is such a nice picture of you with him.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #2735
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Glad you are feeling better Angel!

4Nana, that is a great pic of you and your grandson, good looks run in the family!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #2736
Angelrose

Thanks snappyd.

I had a wonderful weekend. Saturday we did the swimming lessons. Then I watched the kids while Chuck and Karen did a little last minute shopping. When they came back we all went to dinner at Red Robin. They have a new burger that advertises the new movie Wolverine. I forget the name of the burger, but it was the best burger I've ever had. A little spicy and onion straws on top. Then to be more piggy we got two desserts and shared. When we got home we put the kids to bed and watched the newest XMEN movie. I am a big fan of all the XMEN movies. I didn't get home until 10:30

Sunday we did swimming lessons again and Karen swam also. She is thinking about joining. She was a competitive swimmer and high school so she did 50 laps in an hour which I think is pretty good for someone who hasn't been swimming in years.

We had our usual bagel sandwiches and then I went home. I got in the pool and vacuumed and swam for about an hour. I had a message from Ron's middle son's wife from Florida. We usually exchange Christmas cards with all three of his sons. I called her back and said I would be back inside by 4.

I was back inside by 3, but Chuck called and asked if I would babysit before they shipped the kids to Mars. LOL So I drove back and babysat for a couple of hours while they went out to dinner. I put the kids to bed and read until Chuck and Karen came home.

I had a message again from Kim. So I called her right back. She was so sweet. She wanted to know if I had any pictures of the boys when they were babies and pictures of Ron's family and recent pictures of Chuck and Karen and Jesse and Zoey too. She also told me that the boys loved Ron very much and felt so bad when he passed away. They didn't know what to do so didn't do anything. I know exactly what she meant. They were going to call Ron and just talk and it just didn't happen in time.

It was so nice to hear that they still loved Ron after all these years. They were so young when Ron and his first wife divorced and moved to Florida. We did get to meet them when they were adults and visited their farm. They took us out to dinner and made us feel so welcome. We kept in touch ever since.

I feel so blessed. I got together all the pictures I had of them and will mail them to her before I go away. I have to scan in a lot of pictures of Ron when he was younger and his grandparents and mom, dad, brother and sister. I will have to ask her if she wants actual prints of them or if I can send them to her in emails.

Today I am finally all packed and ready to go. I am going to meet a DISer on Sunday. She lives a few hours away and we are going to spend the day getting to know each other better. That will be so much fun. I can't wait.

Jesse and Zoey are so excited to know that Grandmom is coming with them to Tennessee. I think that will wear thin on that long ride down. LOL

I will try and post on Thursday to wave goodby to you all.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #2737
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

So excited to finally meet you. Safe travels!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #2738
Angelrose

Me too and safe travels to you too.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #2739
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

AngelRose, so glad you are feeling better and ready for your big trip. Enjoy the time w/your sweet family/grands and amongst all the fun stuff, hope you make time to relax. Glad you had a great meet with your Dis friend!

That was so nice of Ron's DIL to call and it's wonderful that you have his older kids to bond with. You are so sweet to gather some pix for her, that all his kids will surely appreciate and enjoy of their Dad.

Thx for the compliments AR & snapppyd, I appreciate it very much . Well, two DGS's graduations down and sweet DGD's 8th grade graduation and celebration tomorrow . We have our card/gift ready and will get her some pretty flowers on way. So proud how well they've all done and so wonderful to witness their accomplishments . Afterwards she wants to come back with us to spend week-end...no argument from us!

Have a wonderful, fun, safe trip, making special memories!

Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

Old 06-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #2740
Angelrose

Thank you 4nana. When we get back, we will have a graduation to go to also. Jesse is "graduating" to kindergarten. I think that is so cute. Not only that but there is also a "graduation" at his new daycare in July.

I have a cute story about Jesse. He loves his monster trucks and every time I'm there we have to "crash" our trucks into each other. Of course Grandmom never gets to crash into his car because he moves it and I have to pretend to be so surprised. But he has a habit of leaning on his truck with his full weight. Chuck and I kept telling him not to do that because it would break.

This weekend we were down the basement and he said, "Grandmom, look". The back wheels had broken off. I told him that we would have to throw it away now. I couldn't fix it. He said, "Grandmom, you can't throw it away because my other truck will get lonely." AWWWWW I left it down there, but Chuck found it later and told him he had to throw it away.

I bought him two new trucks for each of his graduations, so I think that will come in handy. It's funny how kid's minds work.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #2741
4nana

Awww....such a cute story ! What a sweetheart Jesse is! Yes, no doubt he'll love his 2 new trucks for his graduation presents! Hope you share lots of photos too!!

~~~~~

Old 06-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #2742
Angelrose

I will probably write a mini trip report with pictures when I get back. I'll post it on the Community Board and link to it from here.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #2743
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Hello Ladies! I've not been posting much, but reading posts on my I-pad and phone (it's just too difficult to post on those things!) I had composed a post to this thread on Friday afternoon when our power went out. So our power was out from 3-ish to 5:30, then went out again around 8 PM. That day was sooo hot - so that may be why the power went out (we never did hear why). Our power came back on just before 11 PM - we even went to Buffalo Wild Wings to cool off. Saturday was even hotter - over 100, but low humidity. By Sat evening, the winds did their usual and we got the Bay breezes & lovely fog.

Two more days of work and I'm off 'til late August - best part of working at a school.

Glad you're feeling better Angelrose. You must be looking forward to your vacation. Have fun meeting up with chell.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #2744
Angelrose

Thank you minniecarousel. I am so excited to meet chell.

My friend lives in Redding and she told me about your bad heat. Glad you got some relief and had a good dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. The one that just opened up here is terrible. Bad food and worse service.

The bags are all packed and waiting at the back door. I got some nice swimming in this afternoon. We are supposed to get a lot of rain tomorrow so no swimming for me until I get back.

I just have to get through tomorrow and my WW meeting. Not looking forward to that. I gained last week and hope I've done better this week. It's just hard for me to keep to the points now. Oh well, I will try and watch what I eat while in Tennessee, but I have a feeling that they won't have a whole lot of salads in Dollywood. But you never know.

See you all when I get back.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #2745
snapppyd

Have a wonderful time, be safe, have fun and tell us all about it when you get back!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: