Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #2716
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

They certainly do keep you busy!! We had a fun weekend, went to TGIF for bugers and beers on Friday night. On Saturday we sat at the beach for about an hour, Dh loves to fly his kite there. It was a bit cool so we went for a nice mocha coffee and sat outside with it.

Our favorite seafood shop is open again for the season. We bought a pound of scallops. I made boiled parsley potatoes and broccoli, DH fried the scallops. I also made some homemade tarter sauce. We were bad and had some Ben & Jerry's for dessert - my favorite - New York Super Fudge Chunk!

Sunday Dh made me blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I'm embarrassed to admit that in 31 years of marriage I think I made breakfast 5 times. He does it so much better: pancakes, waffles, cheese omelets, homemade hash browns. I'm truly spoiled!

After breakfast I cleaned and refilled the hummingbird feeders - we already have about 4 birds. Poor things must be freezing at night. Came back to NY and had dinner and watched some tv.

It POURED rain today, had to cancel lunch plans with my two sisters. I don't think I've been them since Thanksgiving

Today I made an Irish soda bread and brought a piece to my downstairs neighbor. She gave me the new Mary Higgins Clark book, I just read the first 3 chapters. I think tomorrow I'll make a pot of soup.

Well, time to prep dinner, Dh will be home early (4:15) today! Have a wonderful evening!!

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #2717
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Always enjoy your weekly updates about the fun activities you have with your sweet grands and family . Oh my, so glad lil Zoey didnt get hurt w/that bad fall. And Jesse's conversation w/his Mom, Lordie I remember days those oh so well!

Ditto, new spring clothes are a real boost, specially when you've lost all that weight ! I wish I could get motivated . Our Jazz Your Joints aqua class twice a wk is great conditioning and altho I've lost a few inches, I don't see much weight coming off . Time to kick it up a notch and buckle down with a serious diet like you did! Unfortunately w/our knee issues, no cycling like last year, but we have a lovely neighborhood us ole' foke can stroll through in evening.

Our getaway trip to Williamsburg was wonderful! What's not to like about staying at the Hilton, their lovely hot breakfasts, browsing the old town, fun activities, nice restaurants w/delicious food, and good weather too boot?!

Now, on to Mothers Day ! Our kiddos have invited me to a Tea luncheon that I'm really looking forward to, and will get to spend time w/my dear Mom also . Its been dreary and rainy all week, so lets cross our fingers the wk-end weather is nice and .

Happy Mothers Day Angelrose ! Wishing all our Dis ladies (moms or not) a great time with their loved ones this wk-end.

*snapppyd ~ TGIF, seafood, B&J's ice crm, homemade blueberry pancakes, all sound so yummy! Here's hoping you get to make up that canceled trip real soon too.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven

Last edited by 4nana; 05-08-2013 at 03:17 PM.
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #2718
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Hello Ladies!

Angelrose - reading about your weekends reminds of reading letters that my Aunt would send my dad - she was always busy with her daughters and her grands. Sounds like a lot of fun.

We have booked our flight to NY in July. Going East, we'll take a non-stop red-eye, and I paid extra for more leg room. I am not comfortable flying. It takes great effort to go to Disney World because of that. We still need to figure out transportation from JFK to the Southampton area. We'll spend 3 nights in NYC. Looking forward to it.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #2719
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Hello Ladies and have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all.

snappyd, your dinners sound wonderful. You must be quite the chef. Sorry you didn't get to have lunch with your sister.

4nana, it is VERY hard to keep losing weight after a certain amount. I have been going up and down for over a year or more now. I had been down 50 pounds but it has creeped up to 48. I exercise 3 days a week and watch what I eat for 4 days a week. But Friday, and Sunday I have to have my pancakes and usually dinner out with the kids. Sunday it's bagel sandwiches after swim lessons. I usually try and be good on Saturday but it depends on if I am alone or doing something with the grandkids.

Sounds like a wonderful vacation at Williamsburg. I have never been there. Maybe someday I'll get there.

minniecarousel, I do love telling you all about our adventures because I get to live it over again. Enjoy your trip to New York in July. Plane rides are never fun for me either. I only have to fly 2 1/2 hours to get to Orlando and I am always glad to get out of that plane.

Karen called tonight to ask if I would pick up Jesse's cap and gown from his old daycare. LOL That should be fun. I love going there.

Friday morning I am going to have brunch with my girlfriend. Then walk around the mall for an hour or so.

Then Friday night we are going to have dinner at home. At least that way I can somewhat behave. Then we are going to watch a movie.

Saturday we are taking the kids to Storybook Land for the afternoon. I hope the weather cooperates. We are supposed to have a chance for thunderstorms all day. Sunday is swimming lessons. I hope we don't have to have any more conversations with Jesse. LOL I think we are both going to speak to him before the lessons.

I love having busy weekends.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #2720
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

I had a very busy and fun weekend. Friday I met my girlfriend for brunch at IHOP. She was late as usual, but I figured that. I did my shopping first at Walmart and as I was putting my bags in the trunk, I did something I NEVER do because I know what can happen. I laid my keys down in the trunk and then closed the trunk. EEEEEKKK PANIC! I got out my phone and was going to call Chuck. But then I though I will just walk over to IHOP and have brunch and THEN call him. He would have to go to my house to pick up Ron's keys and then come to Walmart.

I was halfway across the parking lot when the light dawned. I have a spare door key in my wallet. It has been in there since we bought the car in 95 and I've never had to use it. Well, it was a life saver for sure. I opened the trunk, got my keys and drove over to IHOP. I still had plenty of time to read my Kindle while I waited.

We had a very nice breakfast. We each had an omelet and she had a side of bacon. It was a lot of fun and we both laughed a lot. I told her that we should consider it our birthday gift to ourselves. She thought that was such a great idea that she wants to do next year and she will pay. We'll each take turns and I think that will be fun each year. Her birthday is the day after mine or a day before, I can't remember.

We went to the mall and picked out stiletto shoes for each other. We got a good laugh out of that. Neither of us have any place to wear anything like that. And if I tried standing up in one of those things, I would break my neck. LOL She looked at jewelry and almost bought something but didn't like the way the earrings looked.

I went to buy a couple of birthday cards at Hallmark and bought some beads for my Pandora bracelet. I got a couple of green Da Vinci beads that were on sale. So I got 2 for the price of one. I like the $7 price on these beads that you can't tell from Pandora. I also bought earrings, charm, and pendant that matches a ring that bought a while ago. I have been looking at this set for a while, so I decided to get it.

We walked around a bit more and then she got a phone call from her daughter. She had been in an accident. A woman blew through a red light and hit her car. Thank goodness she didn't have the baby with her. And thank goodness, no one was hurt. But she was bruised and shaken up. She figures that the woman was texting and the cop agreed. The woman did admit that it was her fault. But it's still a big hassle. I'm sure she will be achy for a few days anyway.

She went home and I did the same. We did have a great time. I got home around 2 and Chuck called to ask me to be there around 5.

I got to talk with Chuck and laugh a lot before the kids got home with Karen. They both ran to hug me. I played with the kids so Chuck and Karen could get dinner.

We had spaghetti with Alfredo sauce and chicken breast. OMG it was so good. I don't usually like pasta, but somehow it tastes better when Karen makes it.

After the kids went to bed we watched The Fast and Furious. Bad acting and unknown plot, but the driving in it was amazing and the cars were really neat too. I enjoyed it, but Chuck and Karen both enjoyed me hiding under the blanket when it got too tense and me going WOOOOO when somebody crashed a car. I can't seem to be quiet during those moments in a movie.

I got home around 9:30 and crashed. I was so tired.

Saturday it rained almost all day so we didn't go to Storybook Land.

Sunday after swimming lessons we stopped to get our bagel sandwiches but the line was out the door, so we left. We decided to give the kids a choice between Storybook Land and the Ocean City boardwalk. They chose the boardwalk.

We ate at one of the Greek food places. The rides were closed, but someone told us they opened at 1. We had a nice meal and then we played miniature golf.

I have only played maybe twice in my life and not recently. To say I was pathetic was to be generous. Jesse was better than me. Karen was helping Zoey, but when she had tried enough she picked up the ball and plopped it in the hole. I'm not going to admit this, but SOMEONE cheated on practically every hole. Although one time I did get a hole in two. Jesse got a hole in one. I've found that it is hard to hit the ball when you are laughing yourself silly at how inept you are.

We finished out 18 holes and then went on the rides. Zoey didn't want to ride at all. It was loud in there and I think she was tired from swimming lessons. But she screamed and they had to get her off the one ride she said she wanted to ride. I rode one ride with Jesse, but the others he could ride by himself. He did want to me go on the obstacle course with him. I'm lucky to be walking, so I declined. He loved it and there was a big slide at the end. He went on one more ride and the wanted to do the big slide again. After that we went to get custard at Kohr Bros. I got peanut butter with chocolate sprinkles. Jesse got chocolate with rainbow sprinkles which he shared with Zoey. Karen got orange sherbet dipped in chocolate. Chuck and plain peanut butter.

We walked a little more and then we drove home. I was so tired that I left as soon as we got home. It was a perfect Mother's Day.

Now I have to wait another week before I get to see my grandkids again.

Back to workouts and yard work again.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #2721
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

You are one busy bee...lol!! So nice you met your friend for lunch and had a wonderful Mother's Day week end with lots of fun activities! Thats what its all about...family and friends.

Lucky lady on having that xtra key in your wallet ! I did that only o.n.c.e. and thankfully I was parked in the yard, my remote unlocks my car too. I've accidentally left it in the ignition also , but thankfully it won't lock if I do so!

I really like the Hallmark beads as they're beautifully creative, not too mention, a third the price of Pandora beads. However, the bead holes are much larger & I'm interested to know if you use the clip beads on each end of bracelet so they don't fall off when you take it off? I gave my girls Pandora bracelets on a mother/daughter trip last yr w/a heart charm they loved, and the grands gave me a Pandora necklace last Mother's day. Luckily the grands love to get me cute charms as gifts.

My Mothers Day week-end was wonderful from beginning to end - starting w/Friday my SonIL and DGS's bringing me yummy chocolate covered strawberries . Then Sat. my DDs/DGDs invited me to a Tea Luncheon, which was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed.

Sunday I took my dear Mom her fave crab cake & shrimp dinner, a strawberry short cake, a flowering plant, balloons, and we had a nice visit. At 83yo I feel so very blessed she is still here to celebrate with me and I cherish each day.

We got back just in time, as the kids, ILs, sweet grands were here, had brought dinner and yummy desserts and we enjoyed the evening at home together. The weather was perfect, so after dinner we enjoyed sitting in the warm sunshine, talking and watching grandkids play frisbee.

My out of states kids called, txtd, FBd and I got some very lovely gifts . The best gift was being with my family making special memories and counting my blessings for a wonderful week-end. Priceless ! I know, you know, exactally what I mean!

A few pix from Tea Luncheon

Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

Last edited by 4nana; 05-14-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #2722
Angelrose

WOW 4nana, you had a busy weekend too. Those tea luncheon pictures are beautiful.

I have two Pandora bracelets. One with a lot of Pandora charms on it. Then I got smart and got my charms from Chamilla and anyplace I liked the charms. My first one has all different charms and, of course, Disney charms. My other one has either all pink beads or Christmas charms. I change them out. I bought the DaVinci bracelet for those charms and I got the necklace too. I change the beads on that bracelet to what ever I'm wearing. I have different colored hearts that go with everything that I wear. It's just a fun thing to have.

Since I lost weight, my Pandora bracelets can slip on and off without me unsnapping it. They aren't too loose that they would fall off, just loose enough that I can roll it off.

Karen has two Troll bead bracelets. Most of them are different colored glass beads. She will buy 3 or 4 of the same color but different designs. It's like a glass rainbow. Very pretty. They are both almost all filled up. She might get a couple more silver charms but that's it.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #2723
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Hey - I've got funny car story: a few weeks ago, I picked up DH from work and we went to lunch. I'm so used to him driving, that once I parked, I got out and we walked into the restaurant. When we came out after eating, I couldn't find my keys. DH says - well look - they're still in the ignition! Worst of all - it's a hybrid, so the motor was still running! It's a wonder it wasn't stolen. How do you explain that to insurance?! We laugh and I now make sure I always have the keys in my hand AND I lock the car!

Mother's Day weekend was nice for me. Saturday night, our older son and daughter-in-law took us out for a very nice dinner. They gave me a cute card and earrings. I received a gift card in the mail for a spa day from younger son and daughter-in-law. So I called them right away to let them know I got it. We had a nice conversation - I can't wait to see them in July!

On Sunday, DH took me out for breakfast where I had a mimosa and a strawberry waffle. The restaurant we went to is owned by the same family that runs what was my mom's favorite breakfast place. She loved the strawberry waffle there - so I got that in honor of her. (it was yummy!)

DH & I took my sis to see the movie "42". She's enough older than me that she was a little girl during this time frame. We all loved the movie. Later DH & I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and I finished my day with a beer. It was my first Mother's Day without seeing either of my boys. Older DS & his wife had their 6th Anniversay on the 12th, so after taking her Mom to brunch, they went into San Francisco to see the play, "Mary Poppins".

It was a great weekend.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #2724
Angelrose

minniecarousel, congrats on the new earrings and a spa day! That strawberry waffle sounds wonderful. You had a great weekend too.

That is funny about leaving your keys in the ignition. It is lucky that you didn't lock the car and that nobody noticed it wasn't locked. LOL Funny how your mind goes on vacation every once in a while. I wish my mind would take me with it when it goes. It goes on vacation a lot more than I do.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #2725
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Hello ladies! I haven't posted because I've been in NJ and I don't have a computer there. Brought my car in for the free oil change, left three hours and $1600 later, yikes! Needed new tires, etc.

The weather finally got nice on Sunday and we spent a little time at the beach, then I made mussels and clams with linguine for dinner. Monday was beautiful, but it was time to come back to NY.

I think I'm having lunch with my sisters tomorrow, I can't believe I haven't seen them since November

Hope everyone is well and getting ready for summer! It's supposed to be in the '90's the next few days. What happened to spring???

Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #2726
Angelrose

Welcome back snappyd. We've gone to almost needing the heat back to HOT and HUMID. I'm still trying to get the chemicals right in the pool and hope to get the water temp up enough so I can get in and finally clean the bottom. I think I will be able to get in sometime this weekend.

Monday I used the blower to get the pollen and oak strings off the front yard and driveway. OMG what a job. The pollen was blowing up in clouds. But I couldn't stand to see those oak strings anymore. It was two hours and when I came in I was so disgusting, I left my clothes outside, hosed off my legs and feet and took a nice hot shower. I swear the water was yellow. ICK

I got into my jammies and planned to not move. Everything ached and my sinuses were all stuffed up and my throat was so irritated.

Best laid plans. Chuck called and asked if I would babysit for a couple of hours while they did their shopping and then we would have our family dinner. Then after that Chuck would take me to see Star Trek at the IMAX theater at the Tropicana casino. I had never been to an IMAX.

Well, that was QUITE an experience. I felt like I was actually in the movie. I spent most of the movie clutching my purse and dodging punches and flying debre. It was a great movie but the sound was so loud. I'm not used to anything that loud. My ears were ringing by the time we went home. But it was a fun thing to do once.

Today was my birthday and they took me out to Longhorn steakhouse. My filet was like butter and so tasty it didn't need any sauce or anything. I also had cheesecake for dessert. That was so good too. I didn't finish it because it was huge.

My cousin called to sing me a happy birthday and my other cousin sent me a funny ecard. It was a great day.

I'm looking forward to going to Dollywood in 15 days.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #2727
4nana

Happy Birthday Angelrose!

Happy Birthday AR ! So glad you had a nice day/dinner outing w/family for your BD, yum on the steak and cheesecake . Those Imax theaters are amazing...but I agree, way too loud and some scenes I have to close my eyes! Haven't seen you around and was wondering if you'd gone on a trip...but I see now that's in 2wks. At any rate, glad you checked in.

We've had beautiful weather here, still chilly at night, but thankfully the rain and pollen have let up ! Had a wonderful Memorial Day week-end w/our DD, SIL, grands, coming for a visit fr N.C. DD2 hosted a cookout - just our family is quite the group , then I had everyone over next day for BBQ. Fun times when we all get together and miss them so much when they leave . The cousins have a blast together and enjoy sleepovers between our's and cousin's homes.

Monday we went to our DGD's piano/solo recital . She played and sang "Hall of Fame' by the Script and did an excellent job ! Would you believe we'll be celebrating 3 grands graduating...12th, 8th, and 5th grades?! Our senior DGS is graduating Fri and can't wait to see him march w/his class of 400. Last week we went to his awards ceremony and we were so proud he received the Presidental Gold Award for Educational Excellence, AP Star, and several others, as his GPA is 4.8. Afterwards we all went out and had a nice lunch. After his graduation and family celebration dinner, class meets a bus that takes them to an all night party of fun activities at the college sponsored by county....so everyone is safe and sound and no one is out celebrating too much . Of course, it's not obligatory, but he wants to go w/all his friends. The following day he and many of the graduates are headed to Ocean City for a week-end celebration. Oh what fun they'll have being foot loose and fancy free!

BTW Angelrose, all your charms collected and bracelets sound beautiful!

*Snapppy, ouch on that expensive oil change/work/tires ! Hope you enjoy your luncheon w/your sisters, sounds fun!

~~~~~

Old 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #2728
Angelrose

Thank you 4nana. I have kept busy this last couple of weeks. I need to do that to keep from thinking too much. I will be away on the anniversary of Ron's passing. I can't believe it's been four years on June 16th. Father's day. I miss him and so wish he could enjoy Jesse and Zoey. Miss Zoey would have him charmed for sure. My Ron was such a moosh. LOL

4nana, you grands are so talented and smart. Bless them all. You must be so proud of them. You've had a busy couple of weeks!

I got the chemicals right in the pool today, so this afternoon I took off the pollen covered solar cover to vacuum. The water was finally warm enough to get in. I always hate the first couple of vacuums in the pool and this year it was especially nasty. All that pollen and oak strings made it horrible.

After three hours I got all of the nastiness out. I had to empty the leaf catcher three times. Tomorrow Chuck is coming over in the afternoon and he will help me take the plug out and get rid of all that nasty stuff in the filter. After I get it to run clean again, I can add more earth and he can put the plug back in. I'm always afraid that I won't be able to get it back in and the water will run out. LOL

It's official, I have a head cold. I'm hoping that it will be mostly gone by the time we go away. If not I will be carrying some cough medicine with me. It always seems to go down in my chest. But I'm not going to let it ruin my vacation in the least. I'm very excited about going to Dollywood.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #2729
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

Hugs and thoughts coming your way.

Me- my cat Tigger my dog Bubba

Mickey'sMainMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #2730
snapppyd

Belated Happy Birthday!!!

Are you sure it isn't allergies? Maybe try Claritin-D? I'm sure you will feel better before the trip, have a wonderful time. I've also heard great things about Mucinex for chest congestion. Gosh, I sound like a pharmaceutical rep

We hope to put on bathing suits and go to the beach for a little while tomorrow, it's supposed to be around 90 degrees

Congrats on all those graduations 4Nana!

Minnie, glad no one stole your car!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: