Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #2656
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thank you minnie56. Glad to see you again. It is quite a relief to know it is all going to be taken care of. You don't know how much you are under stress until you finally can breathe freely.

Ron always looked out for me while he was here and he is still doing it. It gives my heart a hug.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #2657
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

I have no doubt this was a sign from your hsuband I am a firm believer that our loved one keep an eye on us when they leave us .
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #2658
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thank you 4 mickey. There have been so many signs from him that I have no doubt at all. It does comfort me to know that he really is waiting for me.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #2659
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

I like that, it does give your heart a hug ..

You can't beat peace of mind and now you have that ..
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #2660
Angelrose

Yes I do and that really helps.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #2661
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Ron sure seems to know just when you need him the most ! I'm a believer and think it's soooo wonderful!

Glad things are working out insurance wise from the accident and the person is taking responsibility. Having been hit twice in the last few years, know how the stress can take it's toll. For awhile we thought our Jeep had a big 'hit me' sign on it!!

AR, I really hope it will work out and you can go to Disneyland! It could be a wonderful experience, specially if Karen doesn't have to work long hours like you think. Like they say, if it is meant to be everything will work out in your favor.

BTW, went to our DGD's piano recital over week-end - she performed 'Clementi Sonatina' and 'Snowflake Rag' and did a wonderful job ! Since it was St Patrick's Day week-end, we gave her beautiful green roses she loved, as were so unusual. She's 13yo, spends 9 hrs a week in dance, voice, and piano, all the while making straight A's . After the reception, she wanted to spend the night with us ~ we enjoyed helping take care of her till she went to pre-school, as we did with a our local grands . So you hear no complaints from us when one of them wants to spend the night . So proud of her and all our sweet grands!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #2662
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

I just happened to watch this video again today, I hope you don't mind me posting it for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-C-IbkuNWs
Old 03-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #2663
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Hello my friends. I had a strange sort of day today. But good strange.

I was doing my workout and jogging around the living room when I saw a hair on the carpet near the wall. OK so I will have to vacuum tomorrow. I kept on with my workout and kept looking at that hair. It was a white curly hair. I have blond straight hair. I ran over and picked it up and yes it was Ron's hair! Now it will be four years in June that he passed and I certainly have vacuumed that room countless times. Maybe he was just saying HI.

My insurance agent called this afternoon to tell me she was just touching base with me and she hadn't gotten the accident report yet. She asked if she could do anything for me or if I had any questions. I didn't, but thanked her for keeping in touch.

Around 6:30 she called again. She spoke to the other woman's insurance agent and they have admitted total responsibility for the accident and will pay for my repairs and a rental car!!!!!! I nearly passed out. There are honest people in this world after all!

Now I know why I found that hair today. Ron was just telling me that everything will be alright. Just when I need him, he always seems to send me a sign.

You may think I'm weird, but I saved that hair and put it in a little pill bottle. Just one little link to my Ron.

I completely believe in signs like that!!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #2664
Angelrose

Thank you 4nana. So many times he has sent me a sign that he is watching over me. I just know it's true. No doubt in my mind at all.

Your granddaughter is amazing! And to say she wants to spend the night with you makes it so special. Grandkids sure do keep us going through the tough times.

snappyd that was a beautiful youtube video. Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for posting it.

I called the other insurance agent and he was very nice. They will send an adjuster to see the damage and then tell me what they will pay for it to be fixed. He also gave the reservation number for a rental if I need one. I told him to thank his client for me for being so honest. Restores my faith in the human race.

I really tried to watch my diet this week and it paid off. I lost 2.2 pounds this week. Now if I can just keep it going I will be happy.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #2665
snapppyd

Hope everyone has a pleasant Easter weekend! We aren't doing anything, if the weather is nice we hope to visit Central Park - it's become our tradition for past few years. Also hope to visit McSorley's for a beer! Cheers!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #2666
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

That was a sweet video, snapppyd.

Glad things are working out for your repairs, AR. Enjoy Easter with your grands!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #2667
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Angelrose, Happy Easter! Know you'll have a wonderful holiday and fun with your family and sweet grands.

Last year we were blessed to have all 4 kids/spouses and 13 grands home for Easter (see siggie pix), but w/4 kiddos married now and in 3 states, gets tough to do on some holidays . Packing up tonight for N.C. and heading to DD#3/SIL & grands, for several days . Her BD is Easter Sunday, so we're doubled blessed ! Can't wait to see them!

Everyone, hope you all have a blessed Easter with family/friends and snapppyd Central Park sounds fun!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #2668
Angelrose

HAPPY EASTER my friends.

I drove me car in for repairs Wednesday. My stomach was in knots. I must be getting OLD. Anything out of routine and my hands start to shake and my stomach is in knots. But the man there was very nice and after taking pictures of my car and the damage and putting in the paper work, he said I could drop it off anytime. Hey, how about right now? I was hoping it would be a couple of hours but that wasn't happening. He said it would be 3 or 4 days. The car has to wait a day after the repainting. With luck I may get it back on Saturday! He called and arranged for Enterprise to get me my rental car. So I'm waiting and this nice young man comes in a big SUV.

OMG Am I supposed to drive that??? LOL Luckily he was just driving me to their office. We got to talking and he lives in Smithville, so we are practically neighbors. We got to the office and he pointed out this HUGE SUV and said, "is that what you want?" EEEEEEKK I would need a step ladder just to get in. He was joking of course. After more paper work, and signing my life away, he asked if I wanted insurance. Well, no, but I have to get it because with my own insurance, I don't have collision. So that will be $42 a day. So I'm paying for the rental car anyway. You know, you just have to laugh because if not, you go crazy. Or in my case, crazier.

My rental is a Altima. Very pretty gold color. But then I get in. No power seats. Now I am very short, so I had to pull this lever under the seat to pull it forward. Good. Unfortunately I could no longer reach the lever and I still wasn't touching the pedals. LOL The poor man had to pull it forward for me.

Then he was showing me how the controls work and where everything was. I asked him where the windshield washers were and he showed me. Of course without thinking I turned them on and gave him a facial. SORRY!!!! He laughed, thank goodness. He showed me where the lever for the gas gauge was and that I had to get gas.

So, off I went home and sure enough the gas light lit up. So I went to my local gas station. Turned off the ignition. Unfortunately the windows, don't move unless the ignition is on. I couldn't reach the lever to open the gas tank without opening the door either. I put $20 in the tank and went off. This car never gets out of 2nd gear unless you reach 58 miles an hour. So it sounds like a rocket. There are only a few places that I can go that fast, the rest of the time, I listen to rockets.

My this is quite a saga, isn't it?

On to fun things. Tonight I went with Karen to get the kids Easter pictures taken. They are so cute, I can't stand it. Jesse was off the wall as usual and Zoey wasn't far behind. But we got through it with a couple of time outs for both. But on the whole they did very well. Then we went to get pictures with the Easter bunny. Jesse ran right up and sat in his lap but Zoey just stood in front of him. She would wave to him and throw him kisses though. I will post the pictures next week.

We came right home after that. And here I am. Just cross your fingers that I can get my car on Saturday. I will call tomorrow and ask when I can pick it up on Saturday. I'm hoping it will be early.

When I do get my car back, I will kiss that steering wheel.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #2669
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hi, Angelrose!

I'm sorry I've been a stranger around here....I try to keep up, but then get so far behind that I give up.

Jesse and Zoey are just so cute! And growing up so fast! Every time I see their Easter/Spring photos I want to take Sophia for some to surprise Mia. No way to get her dressed up before Easter without mama knowing, so we are going to do it next week, when Sophia can dress up to go out with Nana. Of course, we spend every day together anyway, but we try to get to the outdoor mall (looks like a village) a couple of times a week. There is nowhere else to go around here...so it is our only outing every week (they know us well at Chick Fil A!). There is a photo studio there and we can get the photos the same day.

I saw a new photo on FB - Mary, you look fabulous!!! Wow! Wish I could be as inspired as I desperately need to lose the weight gained since moving here. I keep saying if only I could get out and walk like I used to, but it is hard with a 4 yr - too big for a stroller now and of course cannot expect her to walk 2 miles a day ...and I'd like to get to 3 or even 10,000 steps a day would be wonderful. Congrats on your success!!

I smiled through tears when I read that you found Ron's hair - I love stories like that. Those of us who have lost dear ones need little reminders that they are still with us. I would have saved it too - it is precious.

Hope to keep up better....still want to read some more. Hugs to all!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #2670
Angelrose

Hi Minnie&Nana! Good to see you again. Thank you for the compliments. Jesse especially has grown this year. He is eating Karen out of house and home. Don't know what he will be like in his teenage years.

We took the kids to Storybook Land today since it's supposed to rain tomorrow. It was a beautiful day and although there were a million cars parked there, it didn't seem crowded at all. Both kids were very well behaved today and we all had a great time. We did the Easter egg hunt first. The kids were each given a basket and the filled them up real fast with those little plastic eggs. Then they turned them in to pick out a stuffed animal. Both kids chose the kitty. For some reason, I wasn't allowed to get one. I felt so deprived.

I was very proud of myself. I didn't have any snacks there. I did have a couple of hands full of popcorn and a small piece of funnel cake. I only had a small hot chocolate. I used to get a whole funnel cake for myself. But I'm really trying again. Last week I lost 2.2 pounds, so I think I am back on track again.

I will post the pictures next week.

I called about my car Friday and again today, but got no answer. So it will be Wednesday before I can get my car back. Chuck and Karen both said that if I need any more repairs for my car, it will be time to get a newer car. I will hate that because I have so many wonderful features in my 95 caddy. I have power seats and digital readouts and temperatures inside and out. I also have a 12 cd changer in my trunk which I love. But sometimes you have to do with less and be happy with it. (But I will grumble here)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: